Bets are bad

Daily Songs

 

|| Infinite - She's Back ||

 

I can't believe it. She's finally there.. I can see her. I can see Ga In noona. 

 

She's back.

 

My staring and gawking was interrupted with a loud clap. “Yo! JO! KWON!” Doo Joon screamed at my ears. 

I gave him a glared when I turned back to face him. I can hear Jin Woon snickering beside me. “What was that for?!” I made my glare even more scarier, but Doo Joon laughed at my face even harder.

“What was that for? You tell me.” He leaned back and smugged. “You're staring at a girl, am I right?

“Ohhhh~~~” Jin Woon joined in with the teasing.

“Tch. Am not!” I pouted. “I just heard the door open since we're near it and got curious on who came in.” Well, that's a nice excuse to tell your friends. Did they really catch me staring at Ga In noona.

Doo Joon looks like he didn't believe me and scanned the place. It looks like he's searching for the person that I was staring at. “Yeah right, Kwonnie. I saw you staring at someone and I'm going to look for her.

“Hyung, maybe the girl is one of those.” Jin Woon pointed two tables across from us.

Dammit Jung Jin Woon. Why do you have to point there.

 

Seated at the table that Jin Woon pointed to Doo Joon was, well you guess it... Ga In noona. She was accompanied with three other ladies who I don't know. As I said, when she entered college, she never contacted me again.

 

Doo Joon analyzed the table. I wonder what's running in this guy's mind. “They look nice. But aren't they like, too old for us?

“What do you mean too old?” I had to ask that question. Yes, Ga In noona was old, but not THAT old.

He pouted before speaking his side. “Well, I'm basing this from the way they dress.” Oh dear God, he's going to analyze Ga In noona and her friends with the way they dress. This should be interesting.

 

First, Doo Joon pointed at the girl with a brown hair color and hair just almost touching her shoulders. It's like Ga In noona's style, but hers is a little longer. To me, she looks like a raccoon. “That one, she looks like she's about 20. Just a year older than us because she dresses to cutely.

“Next,” Doo Joon pointed at the girl beside girl number one. She has long hair that goes all the way down her back. She has this cat-like eyes which are a bit intimidating, but she looks beautiful. “That girl is about 23? No wait, 21 or 22. She wears y clothes, but not too revealing.

Then, he proceeded to the third girl. She was beside Ga In noona, wearing a cap, but she has her long hair tied up. “She seems like she's about our age or a year older than us.

Finally, Doo Joon pointed at Ga In noona. She was wearing a white sweater and combined it with shorts. Really, Ga In noona likes to wear shorts. And as usual, she has her eyeliner up. She was also holding onto her sunglasses. “Hmm.” Doo Joon was taking his time to analyze Ga In noona. I wonder why.. 

 

“She looks like she's a senior or something.” He blurted out, still looking at her.

 

I let out a snort when he made his conclusion about Ga In noona. He broke away from her and stared at me with a confused look.

“Hyung, do you know her?” Jin Woon asked the question that I bet Doo Joon was about to ask me. I smiled as I shrugged. I can't tell them that I know her. They just have to find that out themselves.

Doo Joon smacked me in the head. “Aigoo. This brat. You're hiding another thing from us!

“Whaaaat?” I pouted. “Yah Yoon Doo Joon. You're always hitting me in the head. What if I get amnesia, huh?” Jin Woon laughed beside me. He was amused with me and Doo Joon arguing.

“Doo Joon hyung will pay for you hospital bill if you get amnesia, Kwonnie hyung.” Now this kid is on my side. I remembered I never asked where does he stay here. So I grabbed the opportunity to shift the conversation about Jin Woon.

“Ah, you never told us where you're staying here in the campus Jin Woon-ah.” 

Jin Woon looked confused, then nodded. “Oh, that's right.” Then the kid smiled. Ohh my insides churn when he smiles. Jin Woonie can melt anyone with that smile of his. I better keep that in mind. “I stay at 2029.

“2029?” Doo Joon said with a surprised look. “That's just in front of us!

Jin Woon now was the one spotting the surprised look. “Ohh! Really? Wah~ That's great!” Both of them clapped like seals. They are really an interesting company. “So the two of you are room mates?” I nodded. “Wah~” Jin Woon was amazed that Doo Joon and I were room mates.

“You guys should meet my room mate sometime.” Jin Woon said. “He's a sophomore, but we get along fine. I'll bring him along the next time.” Well I just nodded. You know what they say, the more the merrier.

The food arrived after 30 minutes and we gobbled it down like three homeless men. Jin Woon was even agressive than us. He ate non-stop and ordered whenever the food was finished.

“Y -- Yah. Jung Jin Woon.” Doo Joon said. “You know that you're going to pay this, right?” 

Jin Woon nodded. “That's okay hyung. Just eat.

With Jin Woon's concent, we smiled and ate happily. After eating, Doo Joon seems like he wants to say something. Something weird...

 

“Guys, want to have a bet?

 

 

Yep. I told you.  He really did say something weird.

 

 

“What kind of bet, hyung?” Great, Jin Woon was also in this nonesense stuff. Doo Joon was smiling widely. As if he won the lottery or something.

 

“Whoever loses to rock, paper and scissors has to go sing in this restaurant or talk to the girls that Kwonnie was staring a while ago.

 

My eyes widened when Doo Joon said his idea. Jin Woon was shouting “Call! Call!” very confidently. I, on the other hand sulked at my chair. I was never good with bets. Well, except for Ga In noona. I always win against her.

“Yah Kwon-ah. Why so sullen?” Doo Joon poked. “You look like you just failed a test or something.

I shook my head. “Ah. Don't mind me. It's just that I'm really not confident with bets.” Both of them smiled when I told them my worries.

“Then let's make this interesting.” Doo Joon was now looking evil. “Whoever loses rock, paper and scissors should sing in this restaurant AND talk to the girls that Kwonnie was staring at a while ago.

Jin Woon was silent, but nodded. He was really confident. My eyes just widened in shock. “Yah Doo Joon-ah! Isn't that too much?

“Why? Are you scared that you will lose?” He was provoking me. “I bet you don't have a good voice that's why you're scared to do this.

 

I smirked. Wrong move to insult my singing skills, Yoon Doo Joon.

“Let's do this.

 

The three of us looked at each other before shouting “Rock, paper, scissors!

“ASSA!” Jin Woon exclaimed. He was paper, and both of us were rock. “Yah~~ It's Kwonnie hyung versus Doo Joonie hyung now.

Doo Joon looked nervous and calm at the same time. I don't even know what I look like. I can just hear my heart beating. Jin Woon was watching us with very intense eyes.

“Ready?” Both of us nodded. “ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS!” Jin Woon shouted rather loudly. The results?

 

Doo Joon was paper, and I was... Rock.

I told you I was unlucky when I do bets with other people.

 

He was clapping his hands and high-fived Jin Woon. “Yah Kwon-ah. Thank you.” Doo Joon grabbed my hand and congratulated me. “We now know that you are a real man since you did rock twice.” Jin Woon was laughing hard.

“Yah. Can't I just do something else? Like pay for the food?” I argued with a small voice.

Jin Woon shook his head. “Hyung, I told you that I would take care of that.

I am helpless. I take back everything that I said about these two. They are evil. Evil to the bones. “Aish. How about I do something else?

Of course, they would disagree. “Kwon-ah. A bet is a bet.” Doo Joon said, smiling. “I can help you pick out a song if you want.” Haha. Nice help, Doo Joon. “Or if you want, you can just dance.

Jin Woon was up on his feet, clapping. “Oh! Oh! That's right! Dance a girl group song hyung!

My eyes widened when they suggested that I dance. “Ah forget it! I'll just sing something. I would rather sing a song that reveal my Kkap-ness to them. Well, I would eventually reveal that part of me to them... Just not yet.

 

 

The two of them were smiling widely. “So, Mr. track and field champion. What song would you sing?

 

(No one's point of view)

 

“Yah. Can't I back out of this?” Kwon pleaded Doo Joon. “I'm too scared to go and sing now, Doo Joon-ah.” But Doo Joon was not listening to him and pushed him off his chair.

“Ah Jo Kwon, a promise is a promise. You will sing.” He looked at Jin Woon. “Jin Woonie, a little help?” The maknae stood up silently and helped him push the pleading Jo Kwon off the chair. “You know what, I would just do the part of the girl talking. No, I'll help you out.” Doo Joon was negotiating with him. “Just keep your promise of singing a song.

“Doo Joonie hyung is right, Kwonnie hyung.” Jin Woon said. “Besides, we're curious. Plus look, if you can play the piano, there's one over there.

Doo Joon laughed at the piano sitting coincidentally in the corner of the restaurant. But Kwon was still fidgeting and trying to wiggle his way out of this one. After a few minutes of struggling, the two boys finally wedged Kwon out of his seat. Then, they pushed him towards the piano and forcefully sat him there. Doo Joon glared at him with a “Don't you dare stand up unless you play something look” before going back to his place.

 

Kwon was nervous. First, because there were a lot of strangers. School hasn't even started and now he's playing at a random place with strangers.

Second, Ga In was also there. Although he felt that she was still not aware of his existence in the restaurant. Kwon looked at her and she was happily chatting with her friends. He felt heavy just by looking at her smiling. This is weird. Why do I feel heavy when I see her talking and being happy with others?

 

But now was not the time to ponder over some weird feeling. He needed a song. Kwon saw that Doo Joon was now talking to the restaurant's manager to ask for his permission. He saw him nod at Doo Joon. Then, Doo Joon looked at him sharply and mouthed the words “Start playing” as he made his way to Ga In's table.

 

Wait. Why is that brat going to Ga In noona's table?

 

Before Kwon can stand up and approach Doo Joon, Jin Woon tugged him back to his place. “Hyung. Are you forgetting that I am right here beside you?” 

Kwon closed his eyes in frustration. Right, the maknae is my guard. He took one last look at Doo Joon, who was now looking comfortable at Ga In's table and chatting with her and her friends. Then, he played the first note.

 

Nega modeungol irodo...

 

 

Meanwhile, at Ga In's table, Doo Joon was enjoying his small chat with the.. well three ladies. He found out that the three of them were juniors and that Ga In was only sophomore there. Then, he heard someone singing.

“Oh? Who's that?” The girl named Kim Hyo Jin craned her neck and looked for the one who was singing.

Doo Joon was smiling widely. Oh, Kwonnie's voice is... good. No. It's beautiful. “Yah. I never thought that brat had this sweet, melancholic voice.” He can't help but say his comment out loud.

“Do you know that guy?” Jo Mi Hye, the girl who was wearing a cap pointed at the singing Kwon. Doo Joon nodded.

One of the girls, another Hyo Jin but the surname was Park, nudged Ga In and stole her phone away from her. “Yah you rude person.” She scolded. “You didn't even bother saying hi to Doo Joonie, now you're ignoring the one who's putting on a show.

“Ah unnie~” Ga In pouted at her. “I'm not being rude. It's just that....” Her eyes drifted to the one who was on the piano when she finally heard the one who was singing.

 

Wait. No way. You've got to be kidding me. An automatic smile crept up Ga In's face.

 

Her unnies and Doo Joon were watching her closely. “Yah, Son Ga In. What's up with that smile?” Kim Hyo Jin asked her maknae. But Ga In didn't hear her. She was still mesmerized with the one playing the piano.

 

 

“No way. Jo Kwon is here. He's really here.

 

a/n:

Wohoo~ Updates are really fast today huh. Hihi. So, this chapter has two point of views, one was Kwon's and the other one was well... the general view? LOL. I may do that thing, you know, change POVs so I'm just giving a heads up.

I'm getting the hang of writing in first person. \o/ At first it was really hard, but now it's okay. Hihi.

To be honest, I can't wait to start writing scenes involving Ga-in and Kwonnie. I have a lot in store for them for this fic. :3

I don't know if I can release the next chapter tomorrow since I have to study for my finals which is next week. >< lol maybe this is why I'm releasing chapters early to make up for my absence (?) next week. But my finals are just like only two subjects.

Well, see you guys later :3

EDIT: I realized that I haven't said hi to my subscribers properly. So... Hello! //waves// I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far.  And  thank you. :D