A Beautiful Nightmare

Daily Songs

 

(No One's POV)

 

“YAH JO KWON! FASTER!!

 

The team captain shouted. It was already 9 in the evening but the track team was still practicing at the field. The captain made Kwon ran 5 laps. This is his 6th one.

He was watching Kwon ran. As soon as he crossed the finish line for his 6th ran, the captain clapped. “Good job, Kwon!” He said, still clapping as he approached a very tired Jo Kwon who was bent down and panting hard. “Yah~ I can't believe you can endure 6th laps.” Now, he was tapping Kwon. Kwon just did a thumbs up. “Want to go for 7?

“E-- EH?” Kwon suddenly shot up. “Choongjae Su-- Sunbaenim. Are you serious?

Choongjae laughed. “No. I was just joking. Go rest.

Kwon bowed before running to the team's place under the stands. “YAH KIM JINSUK! COME HERE! YOU'RE NEXT!!” He laughed when he heard his team captain shout his heart out to one of the players. Ah seriously, Choongjae sunbaenim is on a roll today. He thought.

“Dum dum dum dum~” Lee Howon, one of his senior and team mate is making a fake drum roll as Kwon approached him. “Here comes the almighty Jo Kwon!! A round of applause please~!” He was now standing up and clapping for Kwon.

Kwon laughed and looked embarrassed. “Ah sunbae~ What are you doing~” He said with his head slightly bowed down.

“What? I was just welcoming you.” He tapped Kwon's shoulders and led him to the bench. “Yah~ You're really unbelievable you know.” Howon offerred him a bottle of water and Kwon hurriedly accepted it. “How can you run for 6 straight laps?

Kwon finished his drink in one go before answering. “I don't know. I guess I just like to run.

“Tch. What kind of answer is that?” Howon looked at him with a disappointed face. “Yah. Want to know a secret?” He suddenly changed the topic. Kwon looked interested so he nodded. “Honestly, this is the first time that I've seen Choongjae sunbae train his heart out.

Kwon's eyes widened. “Huh? Really?

“Mm.” Howon nodded. “Our training time is 5-7, right? We usually don't extend but ever since you got in, this is the first time that we extended.” He was looking at their team captain. “We're lucky that the soccer team doesn't need the field yet. I think Seulong is still thinking about the try-outs.

“Ohh. I see.” Kwon nodded. “But the other players seems to not like it..?” He asked cautiously. To his surprise, Howon nodded. “They don't? Should I just quit??

Howon laughed. “No. No. It's not like that.” He quickly shook his head to assure Kwon that nothing's wrong. “Him extending the try-outs is a good thing. Just look at Jinsukkie.” Kwon turned his head to the field and watched as Choongjae scolded Jinsuk. “He has the lowest time among all of us but Choongjae hyung doesn't care. Now that you're here, I think he's pressured. He's scolding Jinsuk and making him run more. He's starting to be conscious of our times because of you so he's monitoring us one by one.

Kwon suddenly felt bad. “Should I just quit sunbae? I feel bad about you guys being pressured and monitored.

“Eyy.” Howon smacked Kwon in the head. “If you quit, we won't win the championship this year. Aigoo this kid.

Kwon smiled a little. “YAH LEE HOWON! GET YOUR HERE AND RUN AT LEAST 2 LAPS!!” They heard Choongjae shout from the field.

“And duty is calling. See you later Kwon-ah.” He gave a thumbs up before running to the field. 

Kwon waved. As soon as Howon was in the field, Kwon decided to look at his phone if there were messages. “Oh. There's one?

 

From: Ga In noona; 9:30 pm

Fart face. Are you still training?

 

Jo Kwon's face twisted to irritation. “Ah seriously. When is she going to drop that nickname.” He mumbled.

 

To: Ga In noona; 9:32 pm

Aigoo~ Noona, I have a name. It's Jo Kwon. And yes, I'm still training. But the captain let me rest for a bit. Why?

 

From: Ga In noona; 9:35 pm

Omo. You replied so fast huh. Nothing. I was just curious~

 

“Huh? She's weird.” Kwon pouted. He was thinking of his reply when he suddenly heard the team captain shout. He was ordering everyone to come to the field. Kwon placed his phone at his pocket and ran towards the field.

“Okay everyone.” The captain shouted as soon as he saw everyone gathered around him. “This is a start of improvement. Everyone is starting to have good times.” He clapped and the rest of the team copied him. “Next session, let's have more improvements okay?

“Yes, sunbaenim!

Choongjae clapped again. “That's it. You've all worked hard.” He bowed. “See you next session.” Everyone bowed and said goodbye to the team captain. Kwon bowed too. After he bowed, he turned his back but he was pulled back by the team captain. “Yah Kwon-ah. Can I talk to you?

Kwon looked confused but nodded. He was led by the team captain to the stands. Kwon was still confused as Choongjae looked at him seriously. “Good job today Jo Kwon.” He said. “Seriously. You blew me away with you running for 6 straight laps. Are you human?” 

Kwon laughed. “Sunbaenim, I always get that question a lot.

“Really? I thought I was the first one to ask you that.” He laughed. “I'm curious about something though.” Choongjae grabbed Kwon by the shoulders and turned him around to face the stands. “Is she your girlfriend?” He pointed at the stands.

Kwon squinted his eyes. “Eh? Sunbaenim, where are you pointing at--” Suddenly, he saw a small light from the stands. “Omo! Who's that?!” He was now pointing at the direction where the light can be seen.

“That's what I want to ask you.” Choongjae replied.

“M-- Me?” Kwon stuttered. “Sunbaenim, why--

 

“YAH JO KWON!!!

 

Someone shouted from the stands. Choongjae jumped while Kwon turned his head back to the stands. “That voice...

“NOONA??” He called out. 

“Ohh. So she's older than you.” Choongjae commented. “Yah~ Kwon-ah. You're a lucky guy. You can run and you have someone. I'm jealous.

Kwon turned back to his sunbaenim and violently shook his head. “Ah. Sunbaenim, that's not it.” He said with a shaky voice. “Sh'es just someone-- Hold on. How did you know that she's associated with me?

“Well, while you were running, I saw her enter the field then go up the stands. When you were on your 3rd lap, I saw her watching you closely.” His sunbae explained. “And when I told you to rest, she quickly tok out her phone. I figured that she was going to send you something and I was right. When I called Howon, you checked your phone and I saw your expression... it seemed like you received something. I'm right, aren't I? 

Kwon couldn't hide the shock in his face when Choongjae said his explanation. He sighed and nodded in defeat.“Yah~ You never fail to amaze me Jo Kwon-ssi.” He smiled then started to turn away.

“But-- But sunbaenim.” Kwon's voice was starting to go up. 

 

“SUNBAENIM SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!!” He shouted.

“YAH JO KWON, DID YOU SAY SOMETHING?!!” Ga In shouted when she heard him shout.

“NOONA BE QUIET FOR A SECOND!!

“ARE YOU ORDERING ME TO SHUT UP?!!

 

“Kwon-ah. See you at the next session!” Jo Kwon heard his sunbae call out. He saw him waving, then he sprinted towards the locker rooms.

“Ah seriously. SUNBAE!” Kwon called him out to explain things but he was already out of his line of sight. Suddenly, he felt his right arm getting pinched. “Ah. Ah AHH!!” Kwon turned around and saw Ga In pinching him. “Noona! What are you doing?!

“You told something to that guy, didn't you?” Ga In said. Kwon looked confused but she just smacked him in the head. “I can feel that you told something weird to that guy about me that's why he was pointing at me earlier. What did you tell him, huh?” She was now smacking his arms.

Kwon tried to shield himself from Ga In's attacks. “Ah! Ah! Noona stop it! I didn't tell anything to sunbae!” He backed away from her a little bit and was now massaging his arms. “Anyway, what are you doing here?

“Me? Well... I was bored at the apartment so I came here to watch you train.” She lean towards him and fixed his hair. “And to play with you.

Kwon blushed and looked away when Ga In fixed his messy hair. “Play with me?” He was shocked.

Ga In nodded. “Mm. I told you I'm bored at the apartment.” She then grabbed his arms and started to drag him towards the locker room. “Let's go. You need to change before we play. And you smeel like the field.

 

 

Kwon didn't reply. He looked confused as he let Ga In drag him to the locker room.

 

 

They arrived at the locker room a few minutes later. Kwon told Ga In to just wait outside but Ga In insisted that she enter the locker room. “Tch. You just want to look at some boys.” He murmured.

“Yah, I heard that!” And another smack from Ga In was delivered to Kwon's head. “Check if no one is around. I don't like to wait outside. It's not safe.” Kwon sighed and entered the locker room.

“Hello? Anyone here?” He shouted. Kwon waited for a few minutes for any response but no one answered his call. “Noona, no one is here. I guess they just changed and went back to their dorms.

Ga In poked her head at the doorway and looked from side to side before cautiously entering the locker room. “Where's your locker?” She asked. Kwon pointed at the locker door with a mint green paint. Ga In approached the locker door. It has Kwon's name plus some korean consonants. 

 

“ㅅㄱㅇ ㄴㅈㅇㅎ. ㅅㄱㅇ ㄴㅅㄹ ㅎ~ <3” She read out loud. “What's this?

 

Kwon's eyes widened. He quickly ran to his locker and covered the scribble that he did a few days ago. “This? It's nothing.” He said, diverting her curious gaze towards him. “The last owner of this locker room scribbled it down. I'm still too lazy to erase it.

Ga In looked at him weirdly. “Whatever. Move.” She shoved Kwon to the side and opened his locker. Ga In didn't ask for the combination because she knew that his usual combination was his birthday. Then, she handed him his new clothes and a towel. “Hurry up and wash okay? I'll be waiting here by your locker.” Ga In sat down in front of his locker.

Kwon blinked in confusion but nodded. “But noona where are we going to play?

“Just wash first. You stink.” She stuck her tongue out. Kwon pouted and headed to the showers.

This is really weird.  Kwon thought as he washed himself. Well it's fun that Ga In noona wants to play but... Ah it's still weird. And I just hope that she won't guess what I scribbled at my locker door. I would be dead if she finds out that I like her. He got out of the shower after 30 minutes.

“Yah Ga In noona, where are we going anyway?” Kwon said as he got out of the shower room while drying his hair.

But he didn't hear any answer from her. Kwon couldn't see her because the towel was blocking his face. “Noona?” He raised the towel up. Instead of seeing a bored expression from Ga In, Kwon saw an expression of her that he usually sees whenever someone she likes passes by.

 

Ga In was looking at him intensely. Not the intense one where she would insult him or be irritated with his face. Kwon even saw her biting her lips. 

 

Kwon wrapped the towel around his neck and snapped his fingers. “No-- Noona?” Ga In flinched and shook her head. “Are you okay?

“H-- Hu-- Huh?” She absentmindedly fixed her hair and touched her cheeks. “Yeah. Are you done?” Kwon noticed that she raised her voice a little, getting back to her old self. He nodded. “Let's just go outside. I already fixed your things.” She pointed at Kwon's bag which was neatly placed at the foot of his locker door.

Kwon nodded. He threw his towel on to the laundry basket and followed Ga In who quickly walked out of the locker room.

He scanned the field. “Where did noona g--

 

“BOO!

 

Ga In jumped from behind him and scared Kwon. Kwon flinched and accidentally sat down because he was shocked. “Hihihihi. I scared the heck out of you, didn't I?” She was giggling at him.

Kwon looked at her with much irritation. “What was that for?!

“Nothing. I just want to scare you.” She said with a straight face. Ga In offered her hand to help him up. “Come one, we're going to start playing now.

Jo Kwon sighed and grabbed her hand. He pulled himself up because he knew that she couldn't handle his whole weight. “What are we playing anyway?” He said as he dusted himself.

Ga In pouted and looked around the field. Then, a crazy idea popped in her head.

 

 

“You and I are going to compete in a race.

 

 

Kwon smirked as he positioned himself in the starting line. To be honest, he was surprised with Ga In's idea. Kwon even backed out but Ga In insisted that they do this. “I want to beat you at your forte.” She said earlier.

“Yah. You know the rules right?” Ga In said as she stepped at the starting line. “You would--

“Give you 10 seconds head start before I run.” Kwon finished the sentence for her. I know. I know. No need to repeat it noona.

She walked up to him and slapped his arm. “I'm not yet done idiot. Besides that, the loser would grant the winner one wish.

“Eh?” Kwon stood up and looked at her. “Are you serious?” She nodded. Kwon shrugged. He was going to argue with her but he knows that he would just lose. “Whatever you say, Ga In noona.

Ga In went back to her position. “I'm going to start now in 3... 2... 1!” She quickly ran from the starting line.

Kwon kept his condition of giving her a 10 second head start. “10... 9...” He counted lazily. “8... 7.... 6... 5...” To his surprise, Ga In was already at the midway point of the field. “What... 4... 3, 2, 1.” 

 

He ran as fast as he can.

But Ga In was already at the finish line as soon as he hit the midway point of the field.

 

“JO KWOOOON!!” She shouted. “RUN FASTER YOU SLOWPOKE!!

Kwon stopped and the feeling of confusion rushed in. “Wha-- What. How...?” He walked with his head down towards the finish line where a smirking Ga In was standing.

“Aigoo~ You poor thing.” She said as she patted Kwon's head. “Now you have to grant your noona a wish.

“AHH. NO WAY!” Kwon raised his head up and looked at Ga In with an irritated expression. “That's not fair noona! You should've just made your headstart 5 seconds!

Ga In crossed her arms. “What do you mean it's not fair. I didn't know that I would win this thing.

Kwon's mouth was hanging open. He was dumbfounded with the situation right now. “Ah. Whatever. What do you want?” He started to bring out his wallet. “And don't pick expensive stuff!

“Yah, what do you mean don't pick expensive stuff?” She slapped his arm. “Well. Since I'm feeling generous today, just give me a piggyback ride.

“Eh?

“What~?” Ga In pouted. “It's not like this is the first time that you've given me a piggyback ride.

 

That is true. Kwon thought. But the circumstances now are different... I mean... 

 

Suddenly, Ga In forced him to bend down, breaking his thoughts. “Aigoo. What are you thinking about. Just give me one ride~

“Aish. ALRIGHT.” Kwon pouted. Ga In hopped on his back and he stood up. “Where are we going anyway?

“Just one round in the field.” She said as she grabbed onto Kwon tightly. He felt blood rush in his cheeks as Ga In's arms brushed his neck. “1, 2, 3. Let's go Kwonnie!

Kwon was surprised when Ga In addressed him as "Kwonnie." “Wow noona. I think it's been a while since you called me by that name.” He said as he started his punishment.

“Huh? Really?” Ga In said. “Should I call you that more often?

Kwon's heart started to beat fast. He could feel beads of cold sweat starting to form on his forehead. “Ah. Whatever you want noona~” He tried to keep his expression non-chalantly. Then, they walked at the field quietly for 30 minutes.

“Kwon-ah.

He tilted his head a little bit. “What?

 

“What if I told you that I want you?

 

Kwon stopped. He was frozen in his place. “W-- What...?

“Put me down first.” She said instead of answering his question. Kwon quickly obeyed her and gently put her down. “Jo Kwon, face me for a second.” Her tone was serious and hypnotic. Weirdly, he couldn't resist so he quickly turned around.

“No-- No-- Noona, w-- what d-- did y-- yo-- you ju-- just s-- say?” His voice was shaking.

Ga In looked at him seriously. “You heard me.” She sighed. 

“I.” She started to move towards Kwon. 

WANT.” A few more and they're face to face now. Kwon was feeling nervous and nauseated at the same time. 

 

YOU.” 

Their faces were only inches apart. Ga In closed her eyes and started to lean more toward's Kwon.

 

 

 

Kwon couldn't help but close his eyes and move towards Ga In.... Their lips a few inches apart...

 

(JK's POV)

 

THUD.

 

I felt my back ache. “Huh? What's that?” Doojoon's voice echoed at the room. “Eyy. Kwon-ah. Get up.” He said. “You're disturbing my sleep.

Get up? What happened? “Huh?” I slowly opened my eyes and saw Doojoon's irritated face a few inches from mine. “What happened?

“You fell on the floor idiot.” He offered his hand. I grabbed it and he helped me stand up. But I wobbled a bit before standing up straight. 

“Doojoon-ah.” I scratched my head in confusion and sat on the bed. “I fell off the bed?

He nodded and went back to his bed. “I thought that a book fell down. Turns out it was you.” Doojoon covered himself with his blanket. “Go back to sleep Kwonnie.” And he was quiet again.

 

“Go back to sleep? Hold on...” My eyes widened in shock when I realized that everything earlier was... No way...

 

 

 

“THAT WAS JUST A DREAM?!

 

|| SHINee - Dream Girl ||

a/n:

Heyow~! It took me a few days to FINALLY finish this one. I got caught up with some stuff in school. OTL

The Korean characters that I wrote are consonant letters. Some Koreans like to play a sort of guessing game using only consonant letters. Like guess the sentence thingy. lol. The whole sentence is "손가인 널좋아해. 손가인 널사랑해." In romanized form: "Son Ga-in Neol Joah-hae. Son Ga-in Neol Saranghae." When translated: "I like you Son Ga-in. I love you Son Ga-in." IDK why I found that cute lol :3

Song used is SHINee's Dream Giirrrrlll~ lol I would've written in Kwonnie's POV but I find it hard. OTL I might write the story in 3rd person now unless Kwon's POV is needed. Gah. IDEK. Sigh. We'll see~

I have another chapter about Kwon's dream but that's like a few chapters away. The story is still starting anyway lol.

Sorry for the late update guys. New and old subs plus silent readers: Thanks~ :D

I always forget to say this the last chapters but your comments are seriously appreciated! Thanks guys for the comments. :3

Till the next update! :D