Bumpy Introductions

Daily Songs

 

“Wah~

 

I walked inside the school's campus with a big smile on my face. I can't believe that I'm going to study here. I can't help but grin and feel giddy inside and appreciate the big campus.

“Oh, that's right. I have to find my dorm.” I looked for the nearest campus map. Good thing there's one up ahead. When I reached the map, I saw that another student is also reading the map. The student was a male one.

Quietly and not intending to disturb him, I stood next to him and scanned the map. Where is my dorm... It should be here somewhere. “Aha!” Found it.

I can feel the eyes of the male student beside me so I faced him and bowed deeply. “I'm sorry.” He seemed like he was concentrating hard on reading the map. WIthout even looking back, I grabbed my things and decided to leave the student alone.

 

After a few minutes, I finally arrived at my dorm. The outside looks okay. I forgot to mention that this was an all-guy's dorm. But a few meters from here, the ladies' dorm can be found. That's why I wasn't surprised when I saw a group of girls walking by the building. I wonder if girls are allowed here.

Sighing heavily, I grabbed my things for the third time and entered the building. I was surprised with the atmosphere. I imagined a hall with boys screaming and running around either with  a top or without one. But this is different. Everything was neat and orderly. It's like a girls' house.

I started to walk slowly, still in awe. I didn't notice the person in front of me so naturally, we'd bump into each other.

 

“Ow!” Both of us exclaimed at the same time.

 

I knew my things flew onto my sides so I'll just pick them up later. “Hey. Are you okay?” I checked up on the person that I bumped heads with my eyes still closed and my right hand rubbing my forehead.

But instead of hearing a yes or a no answer, he gave me a... 

“WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING PUNK!” His voice was deep and... well not that deep. Deep but a little bit high. After shouting, he briskly walked away.

“Well that was rude.” I said as I stood up. “I hope I don't get him as my room mate.” I grabbed my stuff while pouting and went to my designated dorm room.

 

When I reached my dorm room, I can't help but laugh at the number in front of the door. “Seriously? Out of all the rooms in this building I get this one?

Slowly, I touched the numbers 2028 that was engraved on the door. Why was it funny? Because 20 is Ga In noona's birthday, and mine is on the 28. September 20 and August 28. “Yah~ This is unbelievable.” Then, my eyes darted to the name that was already placed below the numbers.

 

“Yoon Doo Joon?

 

I guess he's my room mate. And here I thought that I would be the one to arrive here early. That means that I can't choose what side of the room I'll be staying. Sighing, I slid the keys in the hole and opened the door.

The room wasn't bad. It was fit for two people. “And I see Doo Joon has already fixed his things.” He got the left side of the rooom, which was okay since I preferred the right side.

The guy was neat. No wait, I can't jump to conclusions yet because this is just te first day. “For all I know, he might be a clutter bug.” I quickly threw my things at the bed, grabbed the paper that was below Doo Joon's name and wrote my name with a green marker. Then, I returned the paper back to the door and started unpacking my things.

 

45 minutes later, I heard the door click, and then it opened. I guess my room mate is here. My back was him as he walked inside since I was fixing my clothes.

 

“Oh, so you're Jo Kwon?” I heard a familiar deep high voice. My eyes widened. No way... I slowly turned around to confirm if it was the rude punk earlier. Please let it be another guy who has a deep high voice.Not that --

Yep. It was him.

 

He was also surprised when I turned around. “Y -- You're the guy who bumped into me earlier right?” His eyes went big, much bigger than mine. Then, he started to laugh. “Wow. This in unbelievable.” He was shaking his head while laughing. What did he find so funny in this situation? I found it scary and absurd. And weird.

“Allow me to restart. I think you got the wrong impression of me earlier.” He then extended his hand, surprising me. “Well, you know that my name is Yoon Doo Joon. So, nice to meet you. And I'm sorry about earlier.” I noticed that he was trying to keep a straight face when he talked. I still don't get it why he found this situation funny.

Nevertheless, I accepted his apology and shook his hand. “That's okay. It was all my fault anyway.” I said, smiling. “I was the punk who didn't look at where I'm heading off.

“Eyy, you're making me all guilty~” He bowed his head down in embarassment. “I'm sorry, okay.

Wow, he's a softie. Well, I'm assuming that he is one of those guys who are sensitive. “Nah. I'm kidding.” I said, now letting go of his hand. “Oh, and nice to meet you... Doo Joon...” I was hesitating to add the respectful title at the end but then again I thought that I may get smacked in the head so.. “S -- Sunbaenim?

“What sunbaenim?” Doo Joon was now sitted on his bed, fixing his hair. “I'm only a new student here. A freshman to be exact. Unless you are my sunbaenim...?” He carefully asked me.

I smiled and shook my head. “No. I'm also a freshman here.

“Ohooo. Cool! A same-aged room mate!” Doo Joon sounded happy. So now I'm guessing he's a happy guy but gets sensitive at times. “Let's talk comfortably, okay?

“Okay.” I heard him snicker. He's really something.

 

“Wait. Jo Kwon... I think I heard that name before...

 

I immediately turned my back on him because I know where this is going. If he was a former athlete or a sports fanatic when we were in high school then...

 

“Omo! You're the youngest national champion for track and field right?!

 

 

And my other secret was out.

 

 

“Wah~ Yah~ I can't believe I'm eating lunch with the former track and field champion. And he's also my room mate!

 

Doo Joon was squealing like a fan girl. After I fixed my things, we decided to eat lunch since I heard his stomach growl. 

“Doo Joon-ah. Don't strain yourself. It's just a title.” I said while stuffing my mouth with more rice. “Howdidyouevenknownjfanbsdfjf?

 

He looked confused. I swallowed the rice and re-stated my question. “How did you even know that I ran?

 

“Ah.” He let out an awkward laugh. “Yah swallow your food first before you talk. You're disgusting.” He made a creeped out face. 

“I was a part of my high school's soccer team. So, former athlete here.” Doo Joon gave a thumbs up, which I answered with a thumbs down. He swatted my hand and continued. “One of my hoobaes, Lee Min Hyuk, was a part of our track and field team. After the national competition, he complained to me for hours about you. 

I noticed that he was getting comfortable talking to me. “Lee Min Hyuk? But he got second place! Why would he complain?” I pouted, making Doo Joon laugh. “If your hoobae didn't place then I would've understand why he would complain.

“Ah. Don't mind him. He's a brat with a very high pride.” He said. “Actually, he gave me the impression that you were this big snobby kid who has a big head. Not literally of course. He said that you don't talk to others before the match. You didn't even talk to your parents. You only talked to this one girl.

 

Oh. So that's how I looked like when I'm competing? A snob? And how on earth did that Min Hyuk guy see me when I'm talking to Ga In noona before the match? I should take a look at this kid one day...

 

“Yah.” Doo Joon was waving his hands in front of me. “Earth to Jo Kwon. Are you still with me?

“Eh? Yeah. Sorry. I tend to space out once in a while.

Doo Joon laughed. “Well, I better get used to that since we're going to be room mates for our whole stay in the shcool.” He smiled and grabbed the last piece of meat. I made a mental note that we should order two servings next time since both of us are heavy eaters. “Oh, what's your major anyway?

“Post modern music.

His eyes got big again. “Wah~ Really? Yah. Are we meant to be or something?” He was now starting to laugh. “That's my major too!

I can't hide my surprised look when he told me his major. “Yah are you copying me?” I joked. “First, you're my room mate. Then, you and I are the same age and an athlete. Now you're also a Post modern music major?

Doo Joon stood up and playfully pushed me off my chair. “What are you saying you punk. I was at the room first.

“YAH! You idiot! What was that for.” I pouted. Doo Joon just laughed at me as he helped me up. This was actually nice... having a new found friend even before the start of the classes. Being same aged is just a bonus.

“Kwon-ah.” Yes, he was really fast in talking comfortably. I guessed that he's a very sociable person. “Can I ask you a question?” With kimchi hanging from my mouth, I nodded.

 

“Who's the girl?

 

I swear I almost choked on my food when he asked me that question. Doo Joon was shocked so he quickly poured me a glass of water and shoved it down my throat. “Eyy.” I said after finishing the water. “What girl?

“You know. The one that you were talking to when you were competing.” He siad with a look on innocence on his face. “I'm just curious.

I can't avoid this one, can't I? “Tch. Yah Doo Joon-ah. I'll just tell it to you some other time. I have to be mysterious, you know.” I put on my best smug-ish expression when I said that.

Doo Joon smacked me in the temple. “Mysterious my . Do I look like a girl to you?” He sneered. “You only have the right to be mysterious if your room mate is a girl, you know.

“Of course I know! I was just joking!

Doo Joon smiled. “Oh, soo...” He was looking awkwardly at our table now. “Who's paying?

“You are. You're the one who ate the last meat.” I can feel that we are about to start a very long argument.

His eyes went big again. “Me? But I wasn't the one who suggested to eat out.

 

“Just be a man and pay for it.

“Jo Kwon are you not a man?!

“Mm. I am not a man. So you pay.

 

My last comment made Doo Joon stop mid-air and laugh. “Wow.” He was controlling his expression, but he failed. “Wow. Just wow.” He started to take his wallet out. “Yah you are something huh. I admit defeat because of that last statement.” Doo Joon pointed at me after he placed the cash on the table. But I will make sure that you would pay the next time we eat.

“Doo Joon-ah, there's no next time.” I . He stuck his tongue out in response.

After getting the change, we headed back to the dorm and talked. I only revealed the general information about myself. He kept on pestering me about who was the girl that I was talking to at the last competition but I refused to tell him. Not yet. I will tell him about Ga In noona, but just not yet.

The happy pill named Yoon Doo Joon got tired and went to sleep. I opted to stay up and fix my side of the room.

 

As I was fixing the photographs that I brought from home, I debated whether to display one of the polaroid pictures of me and Ga In noona. I think this was taken at one of the house parties that we attended...

 

“Oh! Jo Kwon, Ga In. Let me take a picture of you two!” Jun Su shouted at the two of them. The music was loud and people were cheering. This was definitely a new kind of house party.

“Sure, Jun Su oppa!” Ga In nodded. She then grabbed Kwon placed her arms around his shoulders. “You kid, smile.” Ga In said under her breath.

Jun Su looked pleased as he fixed the settings of the camera. “Alright. 1, 2, 3!” A click was heard and the picture started to come out from the camera.

Kwon was in a daze after the shot. He was feeling sleepy already. But Ga In was full of life. She stood up and looked at the picture. “Yah~ This is a funny shot.” Jun Su commented. “Kwon-ah, you look miserable beside Ga In!”

“Hyung, wouldn't you be miserable if you're tied to that girl?” Kwon said jokingly. Ga In glared at him.

“Yah you fart face. I told you to smile!” Ga In was now hitting Kwon.

Jun Su looked amused. “Haha. You two are cute. You suit each other in my opinion.”

Kwon pulled a disgusted face while Ga In shook her head vigorously. 

 

“Hyung, are you drunk?”

“Oppa, did you hear what you said? Are you joking?”

 

But Jun Su just laughed at their reaction and handed the polaroid to Kwon. “Here you go. Have fun arguing on who gets to keep that picture.”

 

“Lucky thing I won that argument.” I said as I placed the polaroid inside my drawer. I remembered if I display this, then Doo Joon would bother me non-stop on who is Ga In noona.

I didn't realize that it was already 10 in the evening. “Omo. I have to sleep now. The orientation is 9 in the morning.” I changed my clothes and did my bathroom rituals before laying down at my bed. As I waited for sleep to come to me, a thought suddenly entered my mind.

 

 

Would I see Ga In noona tomorrow?

 

 

“Aw. I thought we'd be seatmates at this orientation.

 

It was already 9:15. Doo Joon and I headed to the auditorium together. When we got there, the arrangement was changed into an alphabetical one the last minute. 

“Well, you could just pretend to be Joon Doo Joon if you want to sit beside me.” I suggested. Doo Joon did not looked amused and instead smacked me in the head. “Geez. So early in the morning and you're violent already.

Doo Joon smiled. “Yah. Joon Doo Joon sounds weird. How about you just change yours to Yo Kwon.” He laughed. “Oh that's actually good Kwon-ah. It's like Yo! Kwon!

“That's not actually a funny joke, Mr. Joon Doo Joon.” I said with a straight face, teasing him. He gave me a glare before going to his section. “I'll see you later Kwon-ah!” He shouted.

With Doo Joon now looking for his side, I decided to look for mine too. I quickly spotted the letter "J" and went in that direction.

“Oh. I'm here.” I was surprised when I saw my name on one of the seats. Kyung Hee University has sense.

 

A few minutes later, someone tapped my shoulder. I looked around and saw a tall boy with small eyes. “Is anyone seated here?” He asked politely and pointed to the seat at my righ.

I shook my head. “No. Unless you're name is Jung Jin Woon, then that's your seat.” I read the name off the chair.

The boy's eyes widened when I said the name. “Wah. I didn't know that they were reserving seats.” He then gave me the cheekiest eye smile that I have ever seen and bowed. “Thank you. I was actually informed that you can seat wherever you want as long as you're on your surname's side.

“Oh really?” I was now looking around, trying to find some seats with people's names on it. Majority of the seats didn't have the students' names on them. This is weird.

 

I was about to ask the boy why was our seats reserved, but the orientation started. The head of the department, a guy named Lee Min Soo, gave the welcoming address and talked about what's going on inside Kyung Hee University. He went on for 30 straight minutes, which was really boring. I noticed that the guy named Jung Jin Woon was now playing games at his hand phone, not listening to the speaker.

“And now before I end this orientation.” Min Soo seonsaengnim said. “I would just like to recognize two very extraordinary people that got in our university today.” Well, this is going to be interesting.

 

“First up. This boy is really amazing. He's the youngest person to enter this university. He is one of the top scorers of the National SAT's exam. Welcome to Kyung Hee University, Mr. Jung Jin Woon!

 

The boy beside me got startled when he heard his name. He shyly stood up and bowed, then sat down quickly. “Wah~ So you're a smart boy huh.” I commented after he sat down. He gave me a smile as a response. Now why do I have this weird feeling that my chair is reserved because of...

 

“Next, we have the youngest national track and field champion. Maybe this year, Kyung Hee University can get the gold if this young fellow decides to enter our team.” Min Soo laughed. “Welcome to Kyung Hee University, Mr. Jo Kwon!

 

I closed my eyes. I was right. I had this feeling that I was next after Jin Woon was called. But, I had to put on my best show. I'm Jo Kwon. So, I stood up and waved at the audience, making them laugh. I think I even heard Doo Joon from a far shouting “That's my freaking room mate!

When I sat back down, Min Soo seonsangnim announced that the orientation was done and we could all explore the campus. He then made a last minute reminder that classes start next week before going down the stage.

 

“Wooww. So you're Jo Kwon, huh?” I heard the guy named Jin Woon utter beside me. He extended his hand in a very polite way. “I'm Jung Jin Woon. It's very nice to meet you.

I took his hand and shook it. “Nice to meet you too, Jin Woon... hyung?” Again, I didn't know if he was older than me. Well he looked older than me because he's a really tall guy.

I was surprised when he laughed at my words. “No. I'm not a hyung.” He said in a small voice. “I'm actually two years younger than all of you. 91 Line.

“91 LINE?!” My voice boomed at the auditorium. He grinned.

“Who's 91 line?” Doo Joon arrived beside me and placed his hands on my shoulder. I forgot that he's also taller than me.

I pointed at Jin Woon accusingly. “This guy is a 91 liner.” Doo Joon's jaw dropped. Jin Woon just smiled.

“So, I guess you're my hyungs?” The kid was still grinning. “Nice to meet you Kwon hyung and...?” He turned to Doo Joon, hand extended in a polite way.

“Y -- Yoon Doo Joon.” Doo Joon still can't put his surprised expression away when he heard about Jin Woon being a 91 liner. “It's nice to meet you too.

Jin Woon laughed. “I'm sorry if I shocked you with my age. To make up for it, I will treat hyungs to lunch!” He smiled. “But just this one time.

I heard Doo Joon snicker beside me. “Alright.” I said. “We can't say no to a free lunch so let's go~!

 

Doo Joon and I picked the most expensive restaurant which made Jin Woon frown in defeat. “Eyy. Hyungs should've chosen the fast food one. Not a restaurant.

I sat down as soon as the waiter cleared the table. “Yah Jin Woon-ah, we won't appreciate your treat if we're just going to choose a cheap one. Am I right Doo Joon?” Doo Joon nodded. Jin Woon sighed in defeat.

“Fine. Just order whatever you want. But I will make sure that you two hyungs would be me something the next time.

“Jin Woon, you better remember this. There is no next time in my vocabulary.” I said while sticking my tongue out to him. Doo Joon nodded in agreement with me.

 

Jin Woon and Doo Joon were talking about soccer while we were waiting for our food. I guess Jin Woon is also a soccer fanatic. I heard him tell Doo Joon that he plays but not frequently. “I just do it for fun, hyung.” He said.

Since I am not a big soccer fan, I stared outside looking at the people who were passing by the restaurant. I was surprised with the number of people walking by. This just means that school really is about to start.

Now, I'm humming a melody in my head. What was taking the food so long? I'm getting hungry. Sighing, I drifted my attention outside again.

While I was looking at the dog that was sitting in front of the lamp post, I heard the restaurant's door open, and a low but feminine voice made it's way inside the restaurant.

 

“Yah. Will the school do the party next week or next month?

 

That voice seems familiar. I was racking my brains on who's voice is that. Jo Kwon, do you even have to think on who's voice is that? Just think of the reason why you came here on the first place.

No way.

I turned around to confirm if my hunch was true. If it was really her.

 

No way. No freaking way.

 

Standing at the doorway surrounded by her friends, was the person that holds a special place in my heart. The person that I admire the most besides my parents. The person that is responsible for this school boy crush feeling of mine. The person who I call my best friend.

 

Standing in the doorway was Son Ga In.

 

 

I finally saw Ga In noona.

 

a/n:

Yoooow~ Wow this is a long one. Kwonnie likes to talk a lot. Aha.

So two characters were introduced in this chapter. One is Doojoon and the other is Jinwoonie~! Of course, half of what I said is true about them. Doojoon and Jinwoon are a part of FC Men, a soccer team composed by idols that is formed by JYJ's Junsu. Well I think Jinwoon only plays when his schedule admits him to. The only 2AM member that's not a part of FC Men is Kwonnie. LOL. Anyway, the second part about Jinwoon scoring a high score on his SATs is also true. Him, Onew and Seohyun are holders of the highest scores of the national SAT thingy. I think Korean high schools do this every year? Not sure about that.

The picture that I was talking about in this fic is the background picture of this fic. LOL. Kwon looks so lifeless. Haha.

Should I spoil you guys? Doojoon plays a very important role in this fic so watch out for that. :3 I'm not really a hardcore fan of Beast but he's the first person that popped into my head while I was writing this one because of his AML stint with Kwon and Ga-in.

I noticed that there's still no song for this chapter so I'm sorry for that. But next chapter has a song ready! I hope you guys anticipate it. I think I can also release chapter 4 today.. Well. We'll see. :3

Oh, and the things that are italicized are flashbacks. :)

Other familiar names will be revealed soon~! I hope you guys wait for it. Byeee~ :3