Director Jo's Dream Date

Daily Songs

 

|| Beast - Say No ||

“Hyung, tell me. Why are we helping out Doojoon hyung with this?

 

Jinwoon complained for the thrid time as he carried the second chair and moved it to the other side. He was glaring at me when he placed the chair back down with a loud thud. 

“I mean, isn't he your enemy when it comes to Ga In noona?” He placed his hands on his waist while catching his breath.

I felt my lips curl up into a small smile, a sign that I agree with Jinwoon's remark. “As expected.” I came up to him and patted his broad shoulders. “You really are the smartest kid in school.” I glanced back at the notebook that I was holding and started to walk away from him.

“Hyung, you didn't answer my question!” I heard him shout. “Hyung! HYUNG! KWONNIE HYUNG! DIRECTOR JO!

“Ah Jung Jinwoon just get back to work! We still have more stuff to set up.” Director Jo snapped at him.

 

Flashback: Yesterday night at Doojoon and Kwon's room; 9:45 pm

“Oh, hey Kwonnie.” Doojoon chirped as Kwon entered the room. “Done with your nightly run?”

 

Kwon nodded as he placed his bag down and plopped himself on the bed, head down on the pillow. “You look tired. How long did you run?” Doojoon added as he observed Kwon who was now wriggling on his bed.

“Yah.” Kwon's head shot up. “You didn't even know how long I was out of the room?” His eyes widened and he made an overly-exaggerated gasp. “What kind of room mate are you? That's it. I'm breaking up with you.” Kwon buried his face back onto his pillow.

Dojoon laughed and threw a small pillow at Kwon's side. “Kwonaaaa. Why~~ Don't break up with Doojoonie~” He said in a cute voice. “Doojoonie can't go on without his roomie.”

Kwon turned his head sidewards to face Doojoon. “Buy me food first.” He said with a stoic expression. “I might change my mind when I'm full.”

“Let's go then!” Doojoon said, now in an enthusiastic voice, which surprised Kwon. “But change first. I don't want my date to be smelly.”

Kwon stared at him for a few more second before nodding. 'Weird, what's with him? Agreeing in a split second when I asked for free food?' He stood up and started to change his clothes.

“I'll be downstairs!” Doojoon said as he exited the room, his phone glued to his hand. Kwon stared at their door when Doojoon was out of the room.

 

“Seriously, what's wrong with him.”

--

“Hello– Oh, it's just you Yoon Doojoon.” 

 

“Yah, Sooyoung-ah. What's with the face?”  Doojoon said, while walking up to the girl who's face turned sour. “Aren't you supposed to be all happy and giddy and welcoming?”

“I only show that face to those who deserve it.” She said, her fingers drummed on the counter. “To cut it short, you're not welcome here during my shift.”

Doojoon pinched the girl's nose. “You little brat.” The girl closed her eyes and tried to slap his hand away but he pinched her nose even more. “So I'm not allowed to see my favorite classmate?” He laughed.

“Doojoon-ah. Stop it.” Kwon suddenly spoke. He was silently observing them when the two of them came inside the convenience store. “That's not a way to treat a girl.”

Doojoon laughed louder as he let go of the girl's nose. “Girl? What? Where?” He shook his head and pointed to the girl, who massaged her nose and glared at him. “You mean this creature? This is not a girl.” Doojoon looked at her and playfully wiped her face with his hand. “This is ”

“Yoon Doojoon's worst nightmare.” The girl spoke, her expression dark. “Get out you big airhead.”

“Woah woah.” Doojoon raised his hands up, admitting defeat. “Calm down, Sooyoung. I was just joking. You're oddly irritated today. Is it the time of the month again?” He laughed.

The girl leaned in from the counter and smacked Doojoon's head. “YAH! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!”

“OW!” Doojoon shielded his head from the girl's attacks. “Ow! Alright, alright. I'll stop.” Again, Doojoon raised both his hadns as a sign of defeat.

The girl crossed her arms and smirked in victory. “So, will it still be the usual?”

“Yup, but make it two.” Doojoon said with an irritated look. “I have company tonight.”

“Ohh~” The girl, Sooyoung looked interested as soon as Doojoon said that he has someone with him. “So did you finally bring the girl that you're–” Her eyes widened when she finally looked at Kwon. 

 

“Hold on, you're...”

Kwon's eyes widened as well and his jaw dropped. “Omo! You're the one that I bumped into at the party!”

 

“Oh yeah.” Sooyoung gave Kwon a quick glare before turning around. You're the guy who spilled drinks on me and bothered me when I was still working at the other convenience store.”

“I bothered you?!” Kwon said, his voice suddenly raised up. “Yah, I just asked for food back then. You call that bothering?!”

Sooyoung ignored Kwon. Meanwhile, Doojoon looked confused, then looked at the direction of Kwon and then to Sooyoung. “Am I missing something out here?” He asked Kwon, who was now looking irritably at Sooyoung.

“I don't know.” It was Sooyoung who spoke. “Ask you're friend there who's bumping and bothering people.” She faced them and shoved Doojoon two open cups of instant ramen and chopsticks. “You know where the hot water is and the drinks. And no, I am not paying for this one.” She said sternly. “You have your friend here so you make him pay.” She motioned at Kwon's direction.

“Now, run along you two. I don't want to be disturbed.” She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at the two dumbfounded boys.

Kwon's jaw was slightly open in shock while Doojoon's eyes were wide. He was still looking at Sooyoung, confused. Sooyoung felt uncomfortable and smacked him in the head. “Idiot airhead. Aren't you going to eat that? If not then give it to me.” She started to grab the ramens from Doojoon's grip.

“Ah!” Doojoon was finally back to reality. “Alright, we're going now. Don't worry, I'll pay this one.” He looked at Kwon and nudged him in the ribs. “Jo Kwon-ah, let's go.”

 

“Wait.” She looked at Kwon. “You're Jo Kwon? The one who won at the track and field competition a few days ago? That Jo Kwon?”

 

Kwon nodded, but he was still looking irritated. Sooyoung eyed him more closely then quickly looked away. “Right. I didn't realize that I was insulting the school champion.” She said, eyes glued on the floor. “Sorry.” Sooyoung's voice now became soft.

Now Kwon was the one who's confused. “Ah whatever Sooyoungie.” Doojoon spoke. “I have something important to tell Kwon so later~” He dragged the confused looking Kwon away from the counter. “And don't worry. We won't bother you.”

 

Sooyoung looked at Kwon as Doojoon struggled to drag him to one of the small empty tables of the store.

--

“We'll eat well!”

 

The two of them opened their ramens and chowed down on them. “Ah. Sorry about earlier.” Doojoon patted Kwon on the shoulder. “Sooyoung is usually like that. But she's a nice person once you get to know her.” He glanced at his phone. “But apparently, you do know each other.”

“No not really.” Kwon shrugged. “Like she said, I just bumped into her two times.”

“Well now make that three. Who knows, when you two bump into each other again, you may start to develop feelings for each other.” Doojoon smirked. “You know, like those dramas that we watch.”

Kwon faked a laugh. “What do you mean we? You mean you and Seulong hyung.” He glared at him. “Don't drag me into your drama world.”

“Psh. Yeah right. I'll pretend that I didn't see you cry at the end of Gu Family Book.” He teased at Kwon. “What ever you say Jo Kwon~ Whatever you say~”

Kwon smacked him in the head while he was about to drink the soup. It spilled a little on their table and on Doojoon's pants, making Kwon laugh out loud. “Serves you right, drama addict.”

“Yah! What the hell!” Doojoon stood up and quickly wiped the soup off his pants. “I look like I peed idiot! Aish.”

“Well, you did pee.” Kwon shrugged as he continued to eat his ramen. “You peed earlier before we came here.”

Doojoon glared at him before sitting down. “Ah~ I badly want to hit you right now but I can't.” He took another glance on his phone. “You might lose your mood if I start to be violent.”

“Huh?” Kwon cocked his head sideways while he looked at Doojoon with a confused expression. “What are you talking about? You're acting weird you know.” His infamous nag was about to start. “I mean, you don't usually agree with–”

He stopped when he saw Doojoon's slight smile as he fiddled with his phone. “Yoon Doojoon hyungnim, are you even listening to me?” But Doojoon ignored him and continued to pay attention to his own phone. “Hello? Hyungnim?” Kwon started to shake Doojoon.

“Huh?” Doojoon looked at Kwon. “Sorry about that Kwonnie.” He placed his phone down and resumed eating.

Kwon looked at the phone weirdly. “You've been glancing at your phone these past few minutes.” He eyed the phone even more. “Now that I think about it, you were playing with your phone earlier when I got back.” Kwon's hands slowly tried to reach Doojoon's phone. “Who are you texting, Doojoonie?”

“YAH!” A loud thud erupted from their table, making Sooyoung peek from the counter. Doojoon saw her and waved his hands, a signal that everything was fine. “What are you doing?”

“I'm trying to find out who are you texting.” Kwon said truthfully.

Doojoon was caught off guard with Kwon's blunt reason. “Ah. That...” 

Kwon noticed that Doojoon looked nervous. “Yah.” He said as he leaned back on his chair. “What's up Doojoon? You look like you're constipated or something.” He laughed at him.

“W– What?!” Doojoon started to lean towards Kwon, but retreated back as soon as he saw his phone light up. He was about to reach for it but Kwon was two seconds faster than him. “JO KWON!” 

Kwon smirked when he got the phone. “And that is why they call me Kkapsain bolt, Doojoonie~

Once he opened Doojoon's phone, his smirk slowly faded away from his face when he saw who the sender is, and the message thread. Doojoon was watching his expression carefully. “Oh. Ohhh~”  Kwon started to understand why Doojoon was glued to his phone.

“What did she say?” He asked cautiously.

 

Kwon looked up with a blank expression. He didn't need to ask Doojoon back who was he referring to. “She said yes.” He gave the phone back to him. 

 

 

“Ga In noona said yes to your date.”

End of flashback

 

“Yah Kwon-ah.” Someone disturbed me by tapping my shoulders. “Are you out of your mind?

 

I turned around and saw an annoying creature called Im Seulong with his arms crossed. “You're seriously helping out Doojoon with his date?” I nodded. “Seriously?” I replied with another nod. Seulong hyung suddenly avoided my eyes. “Yah~ You're

SMACK!

A very hard, and I mean really very hard slap came from Seulong hyung. No, he did not slap me at the top of my head. He slapped my exposed forehead. “OW!” I sat down and touched my forehead. The notebook that I was carrying fell down beside me. “Hyung what was that for!” I shouted at the giant hyung that was in front of me.

“That's for being crazy.” He suddenly offerred his hand to help me stand up. “And for spilling out to the noonas that I watch dramas.

Since I can't stand up straight, I took his hand and slowly got up from the floor. “But it's true though. You do watch dramas.” I dusted off the dirt that was obvious in my clothes. “Besides, I need the noonas' help. I can't do this alone.

“Oh you can do this all by yourself.” Seulong hyung took out his phone. “I'm calling the noonas to tell them

 

“Tell us what, Ongseul?

 

As if someone told them to come out of nowhere, the noonas showed up before Seulong hyung can dial one of their numbers. Narsha noona was the one who asked the question. “Kwonnie! Long time no see!” She greeted me enthusiastically.

“Ohh. So this is what you've been preparing for the past hour.” Miryo noona looked around. “Nice one, Kwon.

I smiled at them and bowed. The only one who didn't react that much was Jea noona. She was unusually quiet and avoiding my gaze. “Hello noonim-deul!” I waved as I approached them. “Jea noona, is something wrong?” I can't help but ask her that.

“Oh? What?” She was surprised when I talked. “Nothing Kwonnie~” Jea noona then looked around, trying to avoid my gaze.

“So, what did you need us for?” Narsha noona asked.

“Right. Hold on noona.” I smiled at them before turning around to get my notebook. But when I turned around, it was not at the floor. “Wait where's my

 

“Jo Kwon's dream date.

 

My eyes widened when we heard Seulong hyung's voice. “Dear future Jo Kwon. Pft.” I can tell that Seulong hyung was trying to hold his laugh. “Yah noona. Come and read this. This is more interesting than me and my drama addiction. 

“Omoo~ What's that??” Jea noona is back to her old noisy and quirky self. She quickly ran to Seulong hyung's side and peeked at the notebook. Narsha and Miryo noona followed her suit.

“Ehem. If ever you meet the girl of your dreams...” Seulong hyung tried to keep a straight face as he read the letter. “Remember to prepare these things and make her remember your first date.

I can see Jea noona eyeing the carefully. “Kwon-ah. First, the venue should be at a rooftop of a building overlooking the city. Assuming that you meet her in the city.” She raised her head and looked out to the horizon, lips pouted.

“If not then just take her to a very fancy restaurant.” It was now Miryo noona who continued reading my letter to my future self. “But then you have to starve yourself for months and that wouldn't leave a very deep impression to the girl. You have to put in a personal touch to the date.” She looked at me and giggled. “Yah Jo Kwon, that's a really sweet thought for a first date.

“Second!” Narsha noona swatted Miryo noona to stop talking. Miryo noona lightly knocked her on the head as payback. “There should be lights, pinwheels, candles and...” Noona leaned in. “Huh what's this? I can't read this.” She looked at Seulong hyung and pointed at the notebook.

Seulong hyung looked at the notebook closely. “Candles and food. Noona I think you need your glasses.

“Eyy. Those are just for fashion. My eyes sight is okay, Im Ongong.” Narsha noona stuck her tongue out to hyung. “But Kwonnie, what kind of food are you planning to serve on your dream date?

I gave them an awkward smile as they waited for my answer. “Well...

“Hold on.” Jea noona suddenly spoke. “Jinwoon-ah.” She called the maknae's attention who was busy setting up the lights. “Can noona ask what are you doing?

Jinwoon can't answer Jea noona because he was biting something. He pointed at the boxs that were full of lights and then pointed back at the grills of the rooftop.

“Rooftop... Lights...” Jea noona looked around with a serious expression. I hope she wouldn't figure everything out, especially that Narsha noona and Miryo noona are here. “Is there a box of...

“Director Jo!!” Changmin hyung's voice suddenly boomed. “Here are the pinwheels and candles that you requested.” Hyung placed a small container in front of me. Now I'm about to go cook the food that you're supposed to cook. Oh, hey guys.” He casually waved at everyone. “What's up?

 

“Jo Kwon. Are you seriously going to give your dream date concept for Doojoon and Ga-in's first date?

 

Jea noona looked at me with arms crossed and eyebrow raised. Seulong hyung finally got the situation and gasped. Changmin hyung and Jinwoon were silent, but I know that they also realized what I was trying to do. Meanwhile, the other two noonas looked at me and Jea noona with confusion.

“Well Jo Kwon? Are you?” She asked again.

I wanted to lie. But everything is out on the open now thanks to Seulong hyung's big mouth. I guess I have no choice but to tell them...

 

 

“Yes. Everything that I'm setting up right now is my dream date concept.

a/n:

Hello! 2 weeks and I finally updated.. I think. ;A;

This whole storyline is actually two parts. I didn't even realize that the first part would be so long. lol so the second part (Kwon explaining why he gave his dream date idea to Doojoon, what's his full dream date concept and other things. I would say them but I don't want to spoil you guys) will be on the next chapter. I'll still use the same song~

Ohh and a light spoiler: Kwon and Sooyoung will bump into each other again for the fourth time but that's not going to happen on the next chapter. :3

I know I told you guys that updates would be fast now that it's summer but I suddenly scored a summer job. I need money because BEG finally dropped their comebcak date! \o/ July 29! And they're releasing a full album! As for our 2AM boys, they're currently recording for an album that's set to be released at the end of the year(?) I have no idea if that's for a Japanese or Korean comeback tho. But for their Japanese activities, I think they're just gonna do OSD Japanese version. Plus I think you guys know the little controversy about Jo Kwon that's been roaming around lately. Dammit, that kid gets into trouble nowadays lol.

But as usual, I will try my best to update this as fast as I can. :3

To my old and new subs and silent readers: Thank yeewwwww for always waiting at my now super slow updates >3<

See you guys at the next chapter! :D

Oh, and Happy Belated #5YearsWith2AM to you guys! lol Keep Going with 2AM! ^^