Call Us Your Love Bridges

Daily Songs

 

“We've decided to help you out with Ga In!

“We've decided to help you out with the evil Eye-line Princess!

 

That was the last thing that I remember hearing before I passed out. I think it was Seulong hyung and Jea noona who said that, but I'm not quite sure. What I'm sure of is that my head hurts a lot and I don't want to open my eyes because I feel peaceful. I'm awake, I just don't want my calm atmosphere to go away.

Wait, did I die when I passed out? Weird. I really feel relaxed and calm. Like something is making this calming atmosphere...

“Ugh. My head.” I can't help but finally talk because my head is starting to hurt again. Plus I need to see where the heck am I.

 

I opened my eyes and got surprised when I saw Jea noona hunched down and staring at her book by the foot of the bed. “J– Jea... JEA NOONA?!

 

“Omo.” She sounded bored. “Hello Kwonnie. Finally you're awake.” Noona closed the book and smiled at me.

“If you're wondering where you are, you're in Kim Jea's room.” She must've noticed my eyes circling the room. “Welcome to my... crib?” She laughed at her own humor. 

Jea noona's room is a bit messy for a girl... In my opinion. There were music sheets scattered everywhere. I guessed that those scattered in their living room migrated into her room. At least it's not her underwear that's scattered unlike in our room where Doojoon has his underwear on the floor. Noona's room was simple. The walls are in the shade of baby pink and her certificates from various singing competitions can be seen. She also has a mini trophy display, and I guess those are her trophies from the singing competitions that she joined in the past. She has a mini fridge and her laptop was located beside a mini piano, where the trail of scattered music sheets stop. Beside the laptop, there was a picture of the four of them, smiling brightly each of them holding a mini silver trophy. 

“We took that photo during last year's school festival.” Noona suddenly spoke, making me jump a little. I forgot that she's in the room. “We joined one of the contests that they organized. Came in at second place.” There was a hint of bitterness in her voice. “The one who won was our senior and quite popular. If they will do that contest again, we vowed to grab first place.

I kept quiet and stared at the picture. Specifically, stared at Ga In noona. The last time that I saw her smile like that was a few days ago... During her slow dance with Doojoon.

“Seulong carried you all the way here then went back to his soccer practice.” Jea noona said. “But he said that he'll be back after their practice so I guess, in Im Seulong's words..” She did a quote-unquote gesture before continuing. “'You're holding Jo Kwon hostage until I get back noona.'

I quickly turned my head, shocked at what noona had just said. “W– WHAT? Seriously?” She nodded. “Why?

To my surprise, she shrugged. “I don't know. I think Ongseul is planning something. Whatever that is, I'm out of that.” Jea noona help up her hands as a "I'm not part of Seulong's crazy plan". “Whatever I said to you earlier at the field, that's my side.

“But noona, why do you want to help me out anyway?” I asked, curious. “I mean, why are you and Seulong hyung eager to push me to Ga In noona?

“Because...” Jea noona pouted her lips, but she looked serious. “Kwon-ah, I'm going to be honest with you okay? This is just between us.” She looked at me straight in the eye. “This is my own opinion. Seulong has nothing to do with this.

I nodded. “See. Doojoonie is a great guy.” She started. “He's good looking, good at sports... Heck even better than Im Ongseul. He should replace babo Seulong as the team captain.” Jea noona let out a small giggle.

That, I agree. To be honest, Seulong hyung at soccer. Changmin hyung told me the behind story of how Seulong hyung became team captain. Before the seniors of the team graduated, they held a beauty contest among the team to determine who's the next captain. Seulong hyung won the competition (because he was the prettiest of them all) and became the soccer's team captain even though he . But, he's improving. Seulong hyung may at soccer but he's good in leading and keeping the team together.

“In academics... er. I don't think so. You have points for that.” Noona smiled at me. “I don't know. Doojoon is just giving me a weird vibe.” She shrugged. “Not that I don't like him. But... I feel like he's... I don't know. Something's bothering me about Doojoon.” Jea noona pursed her lips. “I just can't put my finger onto it.

To my surprise, she suddenly reached out and held my hand, in a not romantic way of course. “In my opinion, I think you're the perfect guy.” She inched a bit closer. Plus, I think you and Ga Innie are

 

Jea unnie, can you help me out on” 

 

My eyes widened when I saw Ga In noona open the door and stop midway and stared at us for a long time with an unreadable expression.

“Omo. I'm sorry, did I interrupt something? 

Jea noona quickly stood up “Hold on, Ga In-ah.” She started, or rather tried to explain the situation. But she wasn't able to continue because Ga In noona suddenly shouted...

 

JO KWON WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN JEA UNNIE'S BED?!!

 

I jumped then grabbed the nearest pillow as she charged at me with a very angry expression. “YOU ERT!” Good thing I grabbed the pillow because noona started to hit me in the head. 

 

“WHAT.” Smack. ARE.” Smack. YOU.” Smack. DOING. Smack. IN.” Smack. JEA.” Smack. UNNIE'S.” Smack. ROOM?!!!” Smack. Ah, I don't know how many hits I got in my head already.

 

“Noona. Hold. On.” I said as I caught my breath in between Ga In noona's rage. “Stop hitting me first!” But she didn't listen and continued to smack me in the head. As expected, when Ga In noona is angry, she turns deaf and resorts to violence.

“Ga In-ah.” Jea noona's voice boomed, making Ga In noona stop and stare at her. I did too. “Come on, stop hitting Kwonnie and let us explain.” There was power and authority in her voice which made me feel scared of her.

Ga In noona blinked and stared at her for a long time before putting her arm down and sitting herself beside me. Well, a few inches awat from me. “Now, is everything okay? I mean, no more hitting until you hear an explanation?”Jea noona crossed her arms and looked at Ga In noona, who nodded. This is the first time that I saw Ga In noona looked so powerless and scared.

 

“Good.” Suddenly, noona pointed at me. “Jo Kwon, explain.

“W– What? Excuse me?

Jea noona shrugged. “You heard me. Explain yourself. What are you doing in my room?

 

I was completely speechless. Is Jea noona betraying me? “Well...” I can feel my ears getting hot and sweat forming in my forehead. “See...” I have no time for this. If Jea noona is betraying me, then might as well leave them to deal with this situation.

 

 

I stood up and ran as fast as I can out from Jea noona's room and out from their apartment.

 

“Wow. You look like you've run for 2 days, Mr. Track and Field Champion.

 

Seulong hyung laughed as he threw a towel at my face. I didn't know where else to go after that small fiasco. Since almost all of my classes are not accpeting me, I ended up sprinting back to the field. Luckily, the practice was done and all of the school's soccer team are back to their respective dorms or off somewhere. Seulong hyung is still here for reasons that I don't know and don't want to know.

“If you're wondering why I'm still here, it's because I'm the most diligent player in the team.” He gave me a smug expression. “I am practicing to be two times better than Yoon Doojoon or Jung Jinwoon!

“Hyung, just admit that you're practicing because you and don't want your captain position to be stolen by Doojoon or Jinwoon.

Seulong hyung hit my head. “Ah seriously! How many times do I need to get hit today to survive!” I rubbed the spot where he smacked me and gave him a glare. “What did I even do to deserve those smacks in the head...

“Yah yah.” Again, hyung knocked on my head but this time, it was light. “You're starting to murmur again. That's a bad habit you know.

I rolled my eyes. “Ah. Right. Why are you here anyway?” He asked as he tried to play with the soccer ball. “Aren't you supposed to be at Jea noona's apartment, being held against your will?

“I was. But then Ga In noona suddenly barged in and started to get angry.

Seulong hyung looked at me, his eyes wide open. “Wait Ga In was there?” I can see him trying to hold his laughter. “I didn't even notice her existance when I brought you there.

“Well she was there and she's angry. I don't know if she's still angry now or what.” I hope she isn't though. I don't want to be on bad terms with Ga In noona. “And hyung! You wouldn't believe what Jea noona did!

“What?” Hyung asked in a bored voice.

“She sided with Ga In noona! Jea noona suddenly

 

“Asked you to explain why are you in my bed?

 

I turned around and saw Jea noona looking at me with an apologetic smile. “Kwon-ah~~” Her voice was full of aegyo. “Noona's sorry for earlier.” Jea noona clasped her two hands together and pouted. “I had to side with her so that she wouldn't suspect a thing.” Noona bowed her head. She looked like she's praying. “Can you forgive me?

Seulong hyung was shaking his head vigorously and mouthing “Let her suffer!” to me but I ignored him and nodded to Jea noona. “No. It's okay. I can understand.” I gave her a small smile. “But, is Ga In noona okay now?

“As expected. He only cares about Ga In.” Seulong hyung said. 

Jea noona ignored Seulong hyung's comment. “Mm. She was actually going to follow you but I stopped her and explained what happened earlier.

“What did you tell her, noona?” Seulong hyung was the one who asked my question. 

“Well.” She looked uncomfortable before continuing. “I uh... told her that you.” Noona pointed at Seulong hyung. “Pushed him to be the goalie for your soccer practice. Kwonnie got hit by the ball that you were holding, so he fainted and you bought him to our apartment because it's the nearest place you can run to.

I laughed at Jea noona's explanation. Seulong hyung's expression looked dark though. “So, I need to look out for a raging Son Ga In then?” Jea noona solemnly nodded. “Great. An excuse to answer back to Son Ga In.

“Kwon-ah. Can I ask you a question?” Jea noona sat down beside me. I nodded.

 

“Why did you faint earlier?

 

I can also feel Seulong hyung's gaze when Jea noona asked her question. I knew they were going to ask that once I open my eyes. “Yes Jo Kwon.” Seulong hyung joined in. “Why did you faint when we told you that we're going to help you?

“Well...

“Don't tell me you were thinking about something else.” Seulong hyung teased. “Please don't tell me that you thought about me and Jea noona being together or something.” He laughed.

 

“More than something, to be specific.” I quietly muttered.

 

Jea noona suddenly slapped me on my shoulders. “WHAT? MORE THAN SOMETHING?!” Noona repeatedly slapped me on my shoulders. “WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT JO KWON!!

“Y– YAH WATCH YOUR MOUTH JO KWON.” Seulong hyung sounded nervous. “STOP JUMPING INTO CONCLUSIONS BECAUSE SHE'S NOT MY STYLE.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M NOT YOUR STYLE?!” Jea noona snapped back at hyung.“You think you're so handsome huh?

 

“Of course I am! Hello, look at the number of girls swooning over me, Kim Jea-ssi.

“I see no one, Im Seulong-ssi. No one. You're just popular because one, you're good looking and can pass off as a visual of an idol group and two, you're the school's soccer captain even though you at soccer.

“AHA!” Seulong hyung stood up and pointed at Jea noona, his face painted with victory.“You~ just admitted that I am good looking!

“I did not!

“Please, I'll say this as polite as possible but CAN YOU TWO SHUT UP AND STOP ARGUING?!

 

I shouted at the top of my voice. They stopped and looked at me, surprised.“I'm sorry but your argument is making my head hurt right now.” I just can't stand these two when they argue. They're worse than me and Ga In noona. “If you two are going to be like this then I will turn down your proposal.

“Woah woah Kwonnie.” Seulong hyung spoke. “Calm down. We'll stop. Just don't turn down our proposal.

 

 

“Fine. I won't turn down your offer if you guys can give me one good reason.

 

It's really funny to see Jea noona and Seulong hyung talking seriously to each other and not bickering. A funny and peaceful scene. The two of them were a few feet away from me, backs turned. I can't hear what they're saying though because they're whispering to each other. 

“Seulong hyung! Are you guys done yet?” I shouted. “I still need to sleep you know~

“Shut up! We're talking here!” Ah seriously. This hyung and noona. First, they lead me into something that is not true, then Jea noona made Ga In noona think that I am a ert, then they argue in front of me for the I-don't-know-how-many-time, now they're whispering over there taking my precious time.

I was going to march over and stop their little meeting when my phone beeped. My eyes widened when my phone flashed the name of the sender. 

“Huh. Ga In noona?

 

From: Ga In noona; 7:54 pm

Kwon-ah! Are you okay now?

 

“Weird, why would Ga In noona... Ohhh.” I remembered that Jea noona lied to Ga In noona a while ago.

 

To: Ga In noona; 7:56 pm

Mm. I'm fine noona. Don't worry about me. ^^ And sorry for running away earlier. I should've just explained the situation.

From: Ga In noona; 8:00pm

What is this kid saying. I worry about you idiot because you got hit in the head by Babo Seulong's ball! So stop saying your "don't worry about me" drama. I should be the one who's sorry. I think I made your injury a bit worse.

To: Ga In noona; 8:01 pm

No~ Noona didn't do anything. Well... you did hit me in the head a couple of times. I think you might have given me amnesia. What your name again? ㅋㅋ

 

“Well well. Look who's smiling like an idiot.

 

I got surprised when I heard Seulong hyung's voice. “Let me guess, either Jinwoon sent you one of his lame jokes and you're laughing 'cause it's not lame or...

“You and Ga Innie are having your 'Adam Couple' moment.” Jea noona finished hyung's sentence.

I blinked at noona when she spoke. “I'm sorry, what did you say noona?

“Adam Couple.” She repeated. “That's Seulong's nickname to you two because you're both small and petite.

“And annoying. Noona don't forget annoying.” Seulong hyung added. “So you two are now called as 'Adam Couple' because you're both small, petite and annoying in my life.” Jea noona and I gave Seulong a blank look. “What? Not good? You two are not buying my definition of Adam?” We shook our heads together. “No? Okay. Whatever.” Hyung crossed his arms and pouted. “Let's just tell him the reason why we're willing to help him out.

Jea noona laughed at the pouting Seulong hyung. “Alright. I'm getting tired already so you better listen up Kwonnie. We won't be repeating this.

“Alright noona.” I sat down and looked at them eagerly. “You got my full attention.

“But wouldn't Ga In get angry– Ow!” Jea noona jabbed Seulong hyung at his ribs. “Okay. Let's do this.

 

Jea noona cleared before starting. “Kwon-ah. We, Kim Hyojin and Im Seulong, promise to help you out with Son Ga In. Why?” She looked at Seulong hyung who was busy massaging his ribs.

“Because we think... no she.” Hyung pointed at Jea noona. “That Doojoon has this funny and weird vibe  to be Ga In's boyfriend and I just think that it's time for Ga In to meet someone who can keep up with her unique personality.” Seulong hyung looked serious. “As far as I know, Ga In yearns for someone who will understand her.” Jea noona nodded in agreement. “We want her, especially me, to have someone who knows her better than we do, and that's you Jo Kwon.

“And you can call us your personal love bridges! Like cupid!” Noona exclaimed.

 

To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything serious from Seulong hyung but he surprised me with his reason. We want her, especially me, to have someone who knows her better than we do. Hyung's words echoed in my head. He really does look out for Ga In noona even though they fight a lot.

“So.” Jea noona spoke after a few minutes of awkward silence. “What do you say Kwonnie? Will you let us help you?

“We have a lot of ideas and plans for the two of you.” Seulong hyung sounded like he's pleading. “Well obviously you have a lot of ideas but mine's way more cooler than yours. So, what now?

I sighed and shook my head. “Like I have a choice here.” Jea noona and Seulong hyung both looked happy and did a high five.

“Yup, that's right. You don't really have a choice.” Seulong hyung offered his hand to help me stand up. “What made you say yes? Cause half of me felt that you would say no.

I let out a small laugh. I wasn't planning on saying no to them in the first place. I'll need all the help and support that I can get if I'm going to fight someone who already has the upper hand.

 

“Well you guys convinced me when you told me that I can call you two my personal love bridges.” Seulong hyung rolled his eyes and Jea noona giggled.

 

 

Doojoon-ah. Get ready, 'cause Jo Kwon is coming.

 

a/n:

HELLOOOOOOO EVERYONE~!! FINALLY AN UPDATE! YES I AM STILL ALIVE (for those who wasn't able to read what I wrote in the comments last August 17) I told you an update is coming this week and here it is! Err.. it's a bit idk plain? lol my goal here is that I just want you guys to know the reason why Jea and Ong decided to help Kwonnie out. Well.. part of their reasons. (lol more as the story goes by~) But the next one is about... Secret lol. Let's just say that Jea and Seulong has something under their sleeves. :3

Okay. To clarify some things.. I'm going to make a.. uh.. Character description? lol here it goes.

 

Jo Kwon - 19 years old, Freshman, Post-modern music major, part of Kyunghee University's track and field team. Doojoon's room mate and Ga In's middle school-high school best friend. And has a secret crush on Ga In. The whole school knows him by his nickname, Kkapsain Bolt and the school also knows that he has a wonderful voice.

Son Ga In - 20 years old, Sophomore, Dance major who plans to get Vocals as a minor. Likes Doojoon and only sees Kwon as her little brother/best friend. Met Seulong on their first year of orientation (I might write more details about this later on.. like dedicate one chapter for their weird friendship) Met her unnies while she was looking for a cheap apartment and met Changmin through her unnies. (Again, more details soon)

Yoon Doojoon - 19 years old, Freshman, Post-modern music major but wants to shift into Theater. (More details to be followed) Kwon's room mate. A few months older than Kwon. Likes Ga In. Jea thinks that he's hiding something fishy (Is he now? lol) Best player of Seulong's soccer team along with Jinwoon. Very popular with the ladies.

Im Seulong - 20 years old, Sophomore, Theater major. Kwon and Doojoon's dorm mate (His and Jinwoon's room is across Kwon and Doojoon's room) Became the soccer team's captain because he won a drag contest that was organized by the seniors of the team. Apparently at soccer but doesn't want to admit it. He is secretly scared that Jinwoon or Doojoon might steal his position in the team. Has a love-hate relationship with Ga In, Jea and Narsha but is in good terms with Miryo.

Lee Changmin - 21 years old, Junior. Vocal major. Became friends with Jea during their freshmen year at the university when they competed against each other in a singing competition (Neither of them won). Then, Jea introduced him to Narsha and Miryo and the four of them became friends. When Ga In entered university, Jea introduced her to him (They were sophomores and Ga In was obviously a freshman) A very good cook. Generally in good terms with everyone.

Kim Hyojin (Jea) - 21 years old, Junior, Vocal major. She was the one who interviewed and accepted Ga In for the empty room in their apartment (without the consent of Miryo and Narsha) Meat addict. She thinks that although Doojoon is a good guy, she can't help but feel that something is off with him. Biggest Kwon and Ga In supporter. She met Seulong through Ga In and Changmin on a singing competition. As for Narsha, the two of them graduated from the same high school but they we're never that close. They became close on their second semester stay at the university. Then, she met Miryo on her English class.

Park Hyojin (Narsha) - 21 years old, Junior, Vocal major. If Jea is the meat addict, then Narsha is the alcohol addict (lol) Narsha can control her alcohol very well. She is very popular among the men in the campus. Narsha also competed in the same singing competition as Jea and Changmin but got sick during the competition day and forfeited. She thinks that Kwonnie should just move forward and let Ga In go even though she supports them (more details soon~) She's the person behind the names Jea, Miryo and of course, her own. She made them use another name. (details soon)

Jo Mihye (Miryo) - 21 years old, Junior, Composition major. Miryo may not talk a lot but when she talks, it's deep. Seulong is usually in good terms with her because she gives him advice about life. (and helps out on his homework lol) She's the peacemaker when Jea, Narsha, Ga In and Seulong bicker with each other. A silent Kwon and Ga In shipper but she thinks that whatever makes Ga In happy, she'll support her.

Jung Jinwoon - 17, Freshman, Theater major. Youngest in the group. Got into university early because of his excellent score on the National SATs (almost a hundred actually) A very grade conscious guy and one of Seulong's best soccer players. When he saw Seulong on his first day, he thought that he was the dorm's resident cleaner because of his baggy pajamas. Composes songs when he has time. If you ask him, he doesn't want to get involved in the whole Kwon-Ga In-Doojoon issue but he wants Kwon and Ga In to end up together.

 

Wew. There. I hope everythign is cleared. More details soon. Lol like maybe a part 2 of this. Or I can just do a diagram if some of you get confused with my explanation. Anyway, the comment box is open if you have any questions or clarifications. ^^

2AM are practicing for their comeback while BEG are busy with their Kill Bill promotions. Our unnies and oppas are busy nowadays~ hihi. Oh, and is anyone of you going to KCON? If you are, I'm jealous ;A; lol jk. Say hi to 2AM for me! :3 Those too who are living in SG and are going to KMW in Singapore... lucky SG I AMs. ;A;

Old and new subscribers and silent readers: Thank you so much for your patience. (__) Seriously, thanks for putting up with me and for waiting for this update. I promise that I'll try my best to update in a good pace now that I'm done with my work.

Next chapter: See Jea and Seulong in action lol.

Till the next update! :3