First Day Jitters

Daily Songs

 

(Everything is JK's POV)

 

A week has passed since my "date" with Ga In noona. We haven't seen each other since then but we are always calling or texting each other. The reason that we haven't seen each other after the "back hug" incident is because Ga In noona is busy with the party that she's organizing along with her friend. I forgot to ask her who.

 

Another thing is that... Well.. I've been purposely trying to avoid her.

 

I know. It sounds cowardly but I just can't seem to face her after our "date." I'm confused. Everytime she sends me messages like “Fart face. Let's go out! I want to play with you~” or “Kwon-ah~ Noona misses you~”, my heart starts beating. It beats everytime I think about me and Ga In noona alone in a place.

 

Look, I know I admire her. But like her? Ehhhh?! That can't be. It can't be. Ah, I really don't know. I'm really confused.

Of course, I can't hide from her forever because today is the first day of classes.

I was up early for two reasons. One, to match my outfits and to make sure that I get my rooms and buildings right. Two, because I woke up from another dream involving me and Ga In noona. But I'll tell that some other time.

 

I looked over at Doojoon's side to find him still sleeping. His feet is dangling from his bed, a pillow on his face and his upper body is revealed because his blanket is almost touching the floor. “Aish. This hyungnim is really messy when he's sleeping.” Oh, I forgot to tell you that Doojoon is just a few weeks older than me. He's born on July 4, while I'm on August 28. I just like to call him hyungnim sometimes to irritate him.

The time was now 7:30 in the morning. I remember  Doojoon told me last night that his class was at 8. He only had 30 minutes left.

“Doojoon-ah.” I said as I fixed my bed. “Wake-up. You're going to be late for your first class.

No response.

“Aish.” I shook my head as I approached Doojoon's bed. “Doojoon. Wake up. You need to get ready now.

He's still not moving, just like a stone.

“Yah Yoon Doojoon.” I was now shaking him. Get up. I haven't got all day, you know.

Still no response. “Ah. Seriously. This idiot.” I grabbed the comic book that he was reading yesterday, rolled it and sighed. “This is not intentional, Doojoon-ah. I am just a concerned friend who wishes to wake you up.

 

“One, Two, Three... START!

“HYUNGNIIIIIMMMM!! GET UPPP!!!

 

I started to hit him with the comic book while shouting. “This is fun.” I said as I hit him harder.

“Ah what the HELL??!!” Doojoon was now swatting the comic book away from his face. “Stop it!” He said, eyes still closed.

Of course, I ignored him. “No. I will not stop unless you get your up.” Now I was hitting him with much more force. “It's the first day of classes, idiot.

He sat up straight as soon as I told him that it was the first day of classes. “W--- WHAT?! Really??” I nodded. “Shoot, I need to go!” Doojoon quickly got out of bed and grabbed his backpack.

“Uhm. Doojoon.

He looked at me, as if I was stopping him from going to school. “What now Jo Kwon? Can't you see I only have...” He glanced at the clock. “15 damn minutes!” Doojoon was furiously grabbing his text books and other things and shoving them in his bag.

“I know. But.” Yes there's a big but in this situation. “Are you planning to go to your classes with that outfit?

“What? There's nothing wrong with my--” He stopped midway when he looked down. He realized that he was wearing nothing but his boxers. Doojoon looked around awkwardly and hung his head down. I think he even muttered “Thanks. as he grabbed his clothes.

After 5 minutes, Doojoon was really ready to go to his first class. “Aigoo. You're really lucky your class is at 9.” He looked at the time again. 9 minutes left before 8. “Aish. I gotta go. I'll text you later when I'm done. Let's eat together!” With that, he sprinted out of the room for his first class.

 

Meanwhile, I got the room to myself, which is good since I need to clear my head. I'm really really really confused right now. “Okay. Jo Kwon, it's time to clear your head.

I can't fall in love nor like Ga In noona. No. That would be... weird. Just weird. But I can still admire her, right?

Right...?

What are you saying, Jo Kwon. A weird voice suddenly entered my thoughts. It's not weird to like Ga In noona...

 

What do you mean it's not weird? She's Ga In noona, for crying out loud!

That's the point. She IS Ga In noona. You've know her for ages. We all know that you like her, you yourself just don't know it.

I don't know? Yah, I know my feelings and I know that I don't like her.

Tsk. Tsk. You're in-denial. Remember, admiring is almost the same as liking someone....

 

Jugeodeo mot bonae~ naega eotteokhae neol bonae~

My phone interrupted the silent argument inside my brain. I let out a small laugh when I saw the person who was calling me.

 

It was Ga In noona.

 

 

And as usual, my heart started to malfunction.

 

I got into the room two minutes before 9. I wouldn't be late if it wasn't for Ga In noona. She was bugging me to go with her later to eat. I think noona notices that I've been avoiding her.

 

“Omo! Kwonnie hyung! Over here!” Someone shouted from the room. 

 

I looked around and saw Jinwoon sitting at the back of the classroom. He was waving frantically at me and motioning me to go to sit at the back. Since I don't know anyone in the room, I decided to go to Jinwoon's place.

“Hyung, why didn't you tell me that you also have this English class?” Jinwoon said as he patted my back. He must be realy happy that he knows someone here.

“Yah.” I smacked his head. “Where's your manners? You didn't even greet me.

“Eyy. Hyung, you're very violent today.” He said while touching the spot where I hit him. “Yah hyung to be honest I think you're acting--” Jinwoon suddenly stopped talking. He was looking at the door with eyes almost bulging out.

“Oy. Jung Jinwoon.” I shook him. “Who are you looking at?” 

 

“SEULONGIE HYUNG! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!

 

I looked at the direction where the maknae is pointing and saw a tall person also pointing at our direction. He was wearing a blue and red cap backwards, black and white varsity jacket over a white shirt, blue shorts and black sneakers. He also had his sunglasses on.

 

“Yah kid! What are you doing here?” He shouted back and laughed.

 

Jinwoon started laughing as well and motioned him to join us. I was actually looking around the room in case they start to throw something at our direction because of Jin Woon and the tall guy's scene earlier but luckily, they didn't mind the noise.

“Aigoo, Jinwoon-ah. I didn't know you have this class.” The tall guy was finally at our place. He was standing in front of me and wow this guys is really tall. But he's tanned though. “You should've told me that you have this class!

Jinwoon was still laughing. “I forgot. But my schedule is posted on the wall right?

“Oh? I think so.” The tall person said. He took off his sunglasses and hat, then looked at my direction. “You. Scram.

Did he just-- “Eh? Excuse me?

“You heard me.” His voice was full of authority. “Get up and find another seat. I want to talk to my room mate.

“Jung Jinwoon this is your room mate?” I asked the maknae, my voice raising up.

Jinwoon nodded. “Hyung.” He turned to the tall guy. “He's the one that I'm telling you last week. The one who has the record for--

 

“YOUNGEST NATIONAL TRACK AND FIELD CHAMPION?!” His voice boomed inside the room. Luckily, the professor still haven't arrived even though it's way past 9 in the morning.

 

Jin Woon nodded again. “Seul Ong hyung, this is Jo Kwon.” I coughed. “Hyung. Kwonnie hyung, this is my room mate, Im Seulong. Hyung.” He pointed at the tall guy.

The guy named Seul Ong had his lips open. I suspected that he was shocked to find out that a small guy like me is the national champion. “Wah~” He suddenly extended his hand in a formal manner. “It's very nice to meet you, Jo Kwon-ssi.

I hastily took his hand and shook it. “Mm. Same to you too, Im Seulong-ssi.

“Ah. Can I speak comfortably with you?” He let out an awkward smile. “I really don't like it when I'm being formal with someone. Especially if that someone knows Jinwoon. You can also speak comfortably with me.

“You mean I can drop the hyung honorifics?” His eyes went wide. “Ey. I'm just kidding. Hyung.” I smiled. Seulong hyung relaxed and turned the empty chair to our direction so that he can talk to us.

“I'm really sorry about earlier.” He said. “I didn't know that you and Jin Woon are friends. I'm not usually like that though!” Seulong hyung raised his hands up and shook them. “I mean, I don't bully people.

Jinwoon snorted. Seulong hyung glared at him and kicked his shins. “What are you snorting about, Jinwoonie?

“No. Thing. Hyu. Ng.” Jinwoon said while massaging his shins. “Oh, Kwonnie hyung. I forgot to mention. Seulongie hyung is the captain of the soccer team here.

Seulong hyung smiled. “That is true! We're actually going to have try-outs tomorrow.” He said smugly. “You should come.

“Hyung, of course he will come. He has to support me and Doojoonie hyung.” Jinwoon said while taking out a pack of chocolates from his bag.

“Hold on. You two are going to try out for the soccer team? I didn't know that.

Jinwoon shook his head. “Aigoo hyung. Of course you wouldn't know that because you've been spacing out lately.” That is true. I have been spacing out a lot because of Ga In noona.

Seulong hyung was about to sya something when the professor suddenly cleared his throat. He sighed and gave the two of us a thumbs up before turning his chair to face the front side of the room.

 

“Excuse me, is the seat beside you taken?

 

Jinwoon and I watched as a guy with glasses asked Seulong hyung. He shook his head and motioned for the glasses guy to sit beside him. The guy bowed, thanked Seulong and sat down beside him. Then, Seulong started talking to the guy. I guess he doesn't want to listen to the professor.

“Yah Jinwoon-ah. I have something to ask yo--” But before I could finish my sentence, he susshed me.

“Hyung, I'm taking down notes. Let's talk later.” Tch. Smarty pants.

 

 

I sighed. Guess I better listen to the professor then.

 

To: Ga In noona; 12:20 pm

Noona, I don't think I can eat lunch with you today. I got dragged by Jinwoon to go with him instead. >_<

 

I placed my phone down the table and drank from my glass. From three people, we now became four. Seulong hyung surprised us by be-friending the guy who sat beside him. His name was Lee Changmin and he is already a junior.

“Hyung, why are you only taking that english class?” I asked him. “Aren't you supposed to take that during your first or second year here?

Changmin hyung chuckled. “Yeah. But I got lazy so I asked my department head if I can take it this year. They said yes.

“Wooaaah~” Jinwoon was amazed. “Hyung, what's your major?

“Vocals. How about you?

“Same with Seulong hyung. Drama.” He high-fived Seulong. No wonder these two are always on good terms.

Changmin hyung then turned to my direction. “Ah. Postmodern music. But I want to try vocals too.

“Hyung, you shouldsiufndiunfjngfjfngbjrngf!!” Jinwoon said.

But no one understood him since he spoke with food in his mouth. I smacked him in the head. “Don't talk when your mouth is full. That's gross.

Jinwoon swallowed hsi food and repeated what he said earlier. “I said, hyung. You should hear him sing. He has this voice that makes you all melty and fluffy inside.

“Melty and fluffy?” I raised an eyebrow at him He just smiled at me.

“Ohh~ Yah, Kwon-ah.” Seulong hyung tapped my arm. “You should sing at the party that I'm organizing. You too, Changmin hyung.

 

Party..? Is he the one who's helping Ga In noona...? Then that means he was with her last week before Ga In noona and I had our "date." Is something going on bet--

 

My phone suddenly vibrated, distracting me from thinking about Seulong hyung and Ga In noona being together. I can hear the three of them talk about soccer. Well soccer doensn't really interest me so I read my phone's message.

 

From: Ga In noona;  12:27 pm

Jinwoon? Is he the guy that's across your room?

 

I glanced up at the table and looked at the three of them. They were really serious in discussing soccer. Not interested so I went back to my phone.

 

To: Ga In noona; 12:30 pm

Mm. He dragged me here along with his room mate, Im Seulong and his new friend, Lee Changmin.

From: Ga In noona; 12:32 pm

Im Seulong is there?! You already know him? Aigoo. He still has a lot of work to do. Why is he eating lunch with you? I should be the one in his place.

 

I should be the one in his place... Ah seriously Jo Kwon stop thinking about weird stuff! Stop confusing yourself!

 

“Kwonnie hyung, are you okay?” Jinwoon tapped my shoulder. “You look... weird.” 

“Eh?” I said as the three of them stared at me. “Weird?

Seulong hyung nodded. “You look like you're about to cry or something after you read the message from you phone. Is something wrong?” He said with concen.

“Um...” I hesitated to speak. “No. Nothing is wrong.

 

To: Ga In noona; 12:40 pm

He's Jinwoon's room mate that's why he's here. Noona, you should eat. Don't stress yourself out becuase of the party thingy. :-)

From: Ga In noona; 12:43 pm

Tch. That Im Seulong will get if from me once I see him. Alright. I'll talk to you later, okay?

To: Ga In noona; 12:44 pm

Mm. Just call me anytime. :-)

 

I sighed as I placed my phone back inside my bag. “Kwon-ah. You look like you have a problem.” Seulong hyung commented.

I shook my head and gave him a thumbs up. “No hyung. I'm fine.

 

 

I'm actually fine. I'm just... confused.

 

a/n:

Update~! Wohoooo. To be honest I think this is just a filler chapter (?) because I wanted to introduce Seulong and Changmin in the story. But we see Kwon being confused about Ga In. I didn't include her in the chapter because... I have other plans for her. hihihihihi.

Next chapter should be a fun one. lol.

Old, new subs and silent readers: Thank you~ :3

Well, off to write the next update~! :D