Phase 1: Make Her Jealous

Daily Songs

 

Flashback: Wednesday; 11:05 PM

Kwon suddenly woke up to a loud knock on the door. “What now.” He hissed as he sat up straight and glared at their door. “Doojoon? Are you there already?” His question was answered with Doojoon's loud snore. “Ah. He is. Aish.

He hastily d his way around their dark room until he touched their doorknob. “This person will get it from me.”

 

“YAH YO–”

“Hello Kwonnie. Let's go for a stroll.

 

Seulong quickly pulled Jo Kwon out from their room and pushed him to Jea. He then entered their room and looked for his shoes. “Noona hold him for a while. I'm going to look for his shoes!

“Do it quickly! I can't hold him off for long!” A struggling Jea pleaded Seulong. “Kwonnie I'm sorry but can you stop wriggling?

“Noona~” Kwon's voice was weak but he sounded irritated. “What are you planning now?

“Don't look at me. Ask Ongseul when he gets out.

Before Kwon can complain again, Seulong got out of their room and carried Kwon on his shoulders. “Noona, catch and put this on his feet!” He threw a pair of sneakers to Jea.

“Yah Im Seulong.” Jea raised the sneakers to his face. “If you're going to get shoes, at least find the right pair.

“It was dark in their room!” Seulong said defensively. “Plus Doojoon was there so I had to be extra careful. He might wake up and see me bent down on their floor looking for sneakers.

Jea looked at him with a "at-least-try-to-look-for-a-decent-pair-of-shoes" look before placing Kwon's sneakers on his foot. “Kwon-ah. You seem to be quiet over there.” She looked over Seulong's shoulder to take a look at Kwon. 

“Jo Kwon. Don't tell me you fell asleep on my shoulders.” Seulong joked as he gave Kwon a little shake.

 

“Huh? Uh. What?” Kwon shot his head up and looked around. “What happened?

 

Jea giggled. “Nothing Kwonnie~” It was Seulong who replied to his question. “Let's go?” He gave Kwon another shake as they made their way out from their dormitory.

--

“Wohooo~! Meat as midnight snack!”

 

The two boys watched in amazement as Jea munched on their order. “As expected.” Seulong shook his head as he resumed grilling the meat. “Kim Hyojin noona is the goddess of meat.

“Noona take it easy.” Kwon said as he watched Jea get another piece of meat from the grill. “You might get indigestion if you eat very fast.

Jea smiled at Kwon. “Thank you Kwonnie. But this noona does not get indigestion when it comes to meat.” She gave him a thumbs up. Kwon smiled.

“She gets indigestion when she's not eating meat.” Seulong shook his head. “Right. Let's get down to business because I don't want to pay more than 100,000 won for Jea noona's midnight snack.

He placed the tongs down and cleared his throat before turning to Kwon. “Kwon-ah.

 

 

“We're going to do Phase 1 on Friday.

 

End of Flashback.

 

Glancing at my desk calendar the moment I wake up, I sighed as I read Jea noona's handwriting. “D-Day. Phase 1!” I don't even remember how and when Jea noona wrote that on my calendar. I looked over to Doojoon's side, only to find out that he already left.

“Oh. Is that a note?

 

To the Kwonnie room mate that I love~

Yah you kid. I already left because Seulong hyung did a 5 o' clock call time. I was supposed to meet up with Ga In to accompany her with her shopping. Can you be a good roomie and accompany your noona today? I promise to buy you something good when I'm done with practice. ^__^ Besides, you know her way better than me so that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Kwonnie fighting! I'll see you soon!

- Yoon DJ

 

“Ah. So they are planning on doing the stupid phase 1 today.” I checked the note again if Doojoon left any address or instructions. “Aish~ You could at least write where's the address or your meeting place, Yoon Doojoon.” Seriously, Doojoon is not a very smart guy.

“Hold on.” I looked at the note for the third time. 

 

Since when did Doojoon stop addressing Ga In noona as "noona"?!

 

Is Doojoon dropping honorifics behind Ga In noona's back or did she give him permission to totally drop it? If she did, then that would be unfair to me. I know noona since middle school. If she would pick a junior to drop the honorifics to her then it should be me! Okay calm down a little Kwon. Think of a legitimate reason why Doojoon would drop the honorifics...

 

Is he badmouthing her behind her back? Did he ask for permission to address her by her name? Or did Ga In noona encouraged him to drop the honorifics so that they would be comfortable with each other?

 

My train of thought suddenly vanished when someone banged on our door. “Why do people like to knock loudly on our door.” I sighed as I pulled our door wide open.

“KWONNIE!” Jea noona enthusiastically greeted me. “How's the star of today's play?” She asked. No, she's not talking about me. Noona's talking about herself. “Do I look convincing?

“Ey noona. We'll find that out a bit later when we go out.” Good thing I decided to wear clothes before I slept last night. If not, then Jea noona would've seen things that are not allowed to be see. “Noona you're too early! Can't I sleep for a bit more?

She shook her head. “Yah. We already told you that we're going to do this all day.” Noona walked past me and sat down on my bed. “Did you listen to the briefing of the mission last Wednesday?

I shrugged. To be honest, I kind of forgot what to do today. I got caught up in a lot of school works and other things. “No.” And I think that this "Phase 1" thing is kind of stupid. They could've just tried to know the progress of Ga In noona and Doojoon and report to me or try and match Doojoon to someone else... something along those lines.

“Aish.” Jea noona sighed. “Well I guess I'll just have to lead you later. Just go take a shower and get ready.” She took off her shoes and sat comfortably on my bed. “Oh, and where's your phone?” Noona extended her hand. “I'm going to need that to text Ga Innie today.

I feel uncomfortable handing over my phone to Jea noona. “Noona don't do anything stupid with that phone.” I gave her a warning and a glare. “Seriously noona. If I discover that you did something other than contact Ga In noona then the deal's off and I'm not speaking to you ever again.

She just laughed and shoo-ed me away to the men's room. “Just go.

 

I glared at her for the last time before I approach the door. “Seriously noona. I'm going to stop being your friend if you do anything stupid with my phone.” And that was my last warning before I turned around to go to the shower room.

--

“I told you to be quick didn't I? Now look who's going to be late!

 

Jea noona gave me another slap as we ran towards the mall. I already explained to her a million times that it wasn't my fault. How was I supposed to know that there was only one working shower in out dorm today? Not my fault.

“Noona, I bet you 100% that we're going to be the first one there.” I said, now slowing down a bit. “I bet you Ga In noona isn't even awake at this time.

She slapped me, then knocked me on the head. “Yah how are you so sure about that huh?” Jea noona was also slowing down too, but not because she's relaxed. She's tired. “Remember that she's doing this for Doojoon so she's trying not to be herself.

 

Jea noona's words made me stop completely. She's right. What I'm about to accompany today is a different side of Ga In noona... the one who becomes a giddy college girl for her college crush.

I'm not going to see the Son Ga In that I know. I'm going to see the Son Ga In that Doojoon knows.

 

“Kwon-ah? Are you okay?” Jea noona asked me with concern. “Did I say something wrong?

I got back to my senses and smiled at her. “No. I just remembered something.” With a heavy heart and an obvious fake smile, I tapped her on the shoulder before running. “Come on noona~! We're going to be late!

We arrived at the meeting place after 10 minutes of endless running. It should've just been 5 minutes but Jea noona pleaded for a break so we stopped and sat down on one of the nearest bench. “Yah. Is she here?” She whispered as I looked around the place.

“I don't think so.” I'm still craning my neck, trying to find someone petite and small from the large crowd of shoppers. “Are we even at the right place?

“Mm. We are. I'm sure that this is where G

 

“Jea unnie?

 

I froze when I heard that familiar husky voice of hers. “What are you doing here? And who's that?”  I heard her ask Jea noona.

Who's that? Doesn't she know that Doojoon had to bail on her because of soccer practice? That I'm his replacement? Wait, why am I asking those stupid questions. The only question that I should ask is: Can't she recognize my back view?

“Ga In-ah!” Jea noona faked a surprise tone I guess it's showtime since she's starting to act. “I didn't know that you're going to be here today. Are you alone?

“Ah unnie~ Do I have to state the obvious?” Ga In noona replied. I wanted to laugh because Ga In owned her Jea unnie. “That Im Seulong captured my shopping assistant for the day. Kwonnie's supposed to be here though. Doojoon said that he'll accompany me.” I can sense the sadness in her voice. And props to Doojoon for telling her that I'm going to save her from shopping alone.

“But, what brings you and your friend here unnie? Out to shop?” She giggled.

Jea noona laughed akwardly. I wanted to turn around and stop noona from laughing so awkwardly. If she's going to act at least do it convincingly. “You can say that. I'm here on a date.” And another..

 

Wait what did she just say....

 

“A date?” If I can speak, then I would've had the exact same tone with Ga In noona... a surprised tone. I tried my best to remember what is the "Phase 1" of the Jea-Seulong series of phases.

“Yeah. Unnie scored a date with this...” She stopped. Fellow right here.” And an awkward giggle emerged from her.

Come on Kwon, try to remember what's phase 1...

“Unnie didn't even tell me this?” I imagined Ga In noona's surpised reaction. “Wah~ That's great then! Who's the lucky fellow to interrogate?” I heard her clasp her hands together.

Jea noona suddenly tapped my shoulders. “Be polite and introduce yourself to my room mate.” 

I want to turn around but my body refuses to. I didn't think that this would be their Phase 1. I had no idea that.... 

“Come on~ don't be shy.” Ga In noona spoke sweetly. “I won't bite.

I hope so noona. I hope you won't bite my head off when I turn around. With a long sigh, I turned around and smiled widely.

 

 

“Hello! I am Jea noona's date for today. My name is Jo Kwon.

 

This is probably the first time that I've seen Ga In noona so speechless and shocked.  She can't keep her eyes off of Jea noona. I guess she's waiting for an explanation or something... Anything to clear this mess.

Or she looks like she's in a trance or spell or something.

 

“Ga In-ah.” Jea noona's tone is close to cracking a laugh. “I thought you're going to interrogate my date for today?

Ga In noona snapped out of her trance. “Ah. Hold on.” She looked around. “I– I just need a minute. Unnie I'm going to the ladies room. I'll meet you here. Just” Noona's eyes met with mine and I think I can see a hint of sadness and confusion on them. “Ah. Whatever. Unnie, don't go okay?” With that, she turned around and walked quickly to the direction of the ladies room.

When Ga In noona got out of our sight, Jea noona suddenly burst into laughter. “Omo. Kwon-ah.” She placed her right hand on her stomach and grabbed my left shoulder for support. “Did you see Ga Innie's reaction? This is priceless!

“Noona can you explain to me first what the hell is going on?” I can't help but raise my voice. “Please. Before she comes back.

“This is Phase 1! Make her jealous.” Jea noona simply said.

 

Make her jealous... Make her jealous. Not bad. From what I know Ga In noona easily gets jealous. Especially if it involves me and other girls. But I wonder if that jealousy is just her being an overprotective friend or something else. I suddenly remembered her warning Narsha noona last time to not flirt with me.

 

“Omo. Someone's smiling.” Jea noona poked. “You like the idea, am I right or am I right?

“You got me noona.” The smile slowly turned into laughter. “But, do you think this will work?” The plan is good but I have a feeling that Ga In noona might not take our pairing seriously.

Jea noona opened ,then closed it quickly. She looked serious and cocked her head to the side. I looked over to where she's pointing and saw Ga In noona walking towards us, looking calm. “Kwon-ah. Now's the time to test if you can act or not.” I heard her utter out. Before I can even say okay, she flung her arm around my neck and smiled.

“You're back?” Jea noona asked Ga In noona as soon as she's in front of us. Ga In noona silently nodded. “Great! I'm hungry. Let's eat first before we shop, okay guys?” Again, Ga In noona nodded. “Alright. Let's goooo~!

--

We arrived at the nearest fast food place in 10 minutes. Ga In noona was silent all throughout the walk, and Jea noona went overboard with the acting. She kept on touching my hair, poking me on the side and trying to take my hand. I can handle the first two but the last one? I can't. That needsmy permission.

“Okay. What do you want?” Jea noona asked.

“Chicken burger.

“Burger.

“Okay.” Jea noona nodded. She then tapped me on the shoulders. “Kwon-ah. You heard the orders right? Ga Innie wants chicken and I'll also have burger. And get me a tiramisu cake as dessert.”She smiled. “Thank youuu~

I stared at her for a minute before standing up and going to the counter. I wish Seulong hyung's here to pay for the food. I wish Jinwoon's also here to pay the food. I wish Ga In noona doesn't notice that we're just acting.

 

“Yah Jo Kkap. What's up with the long face?

 

I got surprised when I heard Ga In noona's voice. “Long face?” I asked her, trying to make my tone casual. “What are you doing here noona?

“I” She pouted her lips. “Don't know either. Jea unnie's on the phone with Im Seulong, then she asked me to go to you cause she said that maybe you need help.

Aish. Jea noona said not to make things obvious when she's the one trying to make things obvious! “Who called first, Jea noona or Seulong hyung?

“Babo Ong.” Aish hyuuuuung! I will blame him if Ga In noona notices things today. “What's up though Kwonnie?

“Huh?

“Are you and....” I couldn't hear her properly because a group of  loud seniors entered. 

“Noona what did you say?” I leaned in closer. “Can you repeat that?

But instead of repeating her words, she smirked and smacked me on the head. “Nothing~ I'm just irritated with Seulong right now.” She sighed. “Taking away Doojoon on my shopping day. Hmph.

Here we go with Doojoon again. “Noona don't be angry to hyung. You know that hyung badly needs Doojoon on his team to win on tomorrow's match right?

“I know.” She sighed again. Then, she fixed my hair, a usual habit of hers when I'm around. “Jea unnie keeps on messing with your hair today. It's not right.” Ga In noona then went in front of me and fixed the mess that Jea noona did to my hair earlier.

 

I was going to answer her but I kept my mouth shut. I just stared at Ga In noona while she fixed my hair. I wish she'd stay in front of me forever.

“Aww. That's so sweet.” The lady at the other line commented. “I also do that to my husband when his hair is messy.

 

Ga In noona looked flustered and quickly went back beside me. “Ah no ahjumma. We're not going out.” I played my usual role when people mistake us as a couple back when we were in high school, the one who denies everything. “We're just friends.

The lady looked surprised. “Really? But you two look like you suit each other.” She looked at me, then at Ga In noona. “Are you sure that you're really not together?” She asked again.

“Yes, ahjummeoni.” It was Ga In noona who answered the lady's question. “We're just friends. We've known each other since middle school.” She ended with a smile. “Kwon-ah. I need to go back to the ladies room again. I'll be back in a few minutes.” Noona whispered and silently walked to the rest room.

To my surprise, the lady looked disappointed. “I see. That's a waste.” Then, she looked at me and smiled. “If I were you boy, I would make that lady fall in love with me.” The lady looked at Ga In noona who's making her way to the rest room. I really think you two suit each other. If the two of you become a couple, then I bet you two would get married and live happily.

I smiled and bowed at the lady.

 

 

That's what I hope too ahjumma. To live happily ever after with Son Ga In.

 

After eating, the three of us went around the area to shop for various things. Well, to be specific, Jea and Ga In noona shopped around while I stood there and watch them gawk at expensive things. 

 

“One day, you will be mine Marc Jacobs bag.” Ga In noona glared at the Marc Jacobs handbag which is displayed on one of the stores. “One day.

“Yah, why don't you just ask Doojoon to buy you that.” Jea noona poked at Ga In noona. “I bet that he'd give that to you in a snap.

Ga In noona sighed. “Unnie~ I can't ask him for expensive things... yet.” The two of them giggled. Ah~ these two noonas are scary when they're together.

 

The day went by so quickly. Before we know it, the sun is beginning to set. “Omo.” Jea noona looked at her watch. “Look at the time. Yah, Ga In-ah. I think we better get back to the apartment before Narsha and Miryo comes back from their field trip.

“Huh? Why?” Ga In noona asked. “It's friday! I still want to play! Besides, I think this is the first time in a while that I got Kwonnie to myself.” She smiled at my direction.

Jea noona smirked at me then glared at Ga In noona when she looked at her. “Son Ga In! Are you trying to take my date away from me?” She stomped beside me and locked arms. “Are you seriously trying to take Kwonnie away from me?

“Unnie, he's not even yours to begin with.” Ga In noona replied. “Ah let's just go home.

Jea nodded and pulled me along with her as she started to make her way to the taxi stand. “Let's just take a taxi. I'll pay.” She then looked at me, unsure of what to say.

“I'll just come along with you up to your apartment.” I think noona's unsure of how will I get home though. “Your apartment's nearer here and the fare will be cheaper. I'll just walk home when I get to your apartment.

Jea nodded again. “Ga In-ah. We'll play again next time. I promised Mihye and Hyojin that we'll clean the apartment today.

“Ah so that's why we have to go home early!” Ga In noona sounds irritated. “Unnie why'd you promise them that~

The two ladies argued until a taxi stopped in front of us. Jea noona opted to sit in front because she reasoned out that sitting in the back of a taxi cab makes her nauseous. “It's true.” Ga In noona told me as I closed the door. “Unnie gets dizzy when she's sitting at the back of a car so she's always sitting in front.

 

We reached their apartment in only 20 minutes because there traffic's light. As promised, Jea noona paid... half of the fare. “I'm really sorry Kwonnie.” She bowed as I took care of the rest. “Noona spent so much in buying these.” She raised the paperbags that she's holding. “I'll make Im Seulong pay you.” Noona mouthed before Ga In noona stepped out of the cab.

“Kwon-ah!” Jea noona grabbed my shoulders and gave me a shake. “Noona had fun. Let's do this again, okay?” I nodded. “Ga In-ah. I'm going in first okay? Don't you dare escape from me!” Jea noona shouted as she walked quickly to the entrance of their apartment building.

There's an awkward silence when Jea noona left the two of us out on the street. Ga In noona is still looking at the entrance of their apartment building while I'm here, staring at her. “Kwon-ah. Can I ask you something?

“Mm?

 

“Are you really going out with Jea unnie?

 

I'm not really shocked that Ga In noona asked me that question. In fact, I was expecting her to ask me that. If she did, then their "Phase 1" worked. “Why, is noona jealous?” I shot back with a question.

She stopped staring at their entrance and glared at me like there's no tomorrow. “Yah. You kid. Who said I'm jealous?

“Then why is noona curious if I'm going out with Jea noona?” I slyly smiled. This is fun.

“I'm not curious!” Ga In noona glared. “I'm just asking.

“Isn't asking the same as being curious?

“No!

“Yes it is!

“You little.

“Tch. Admit it, you're just jealous.

 

I got surprised when Ga In noona suddenly pulled me by the collar, our faces only a few inches away from each other. I can clearly see her facial features, her light make-up, red lips and her signature thick eyeline. I can feel her breathing heavily because of irritation. My eyes are fixed on her lips though, I don't know why but I just stared at her lips.

Then, I slowly looked at her, and I caught her staring at my lips as well. I felt blood rushing to my cheeks and my ears. After a few minutes, she finally caught my eye and we stared at each other for I don't know how many minutes. I felt time stop once our eyes met.

Slowly and cautiously, I started to lean my head more towards her direction. Ga In noona did not move nor stop me from leaning closer to her.

 

My lips only a few inches away from hers...

 

RIIIINNGGGGGG!

 

The two of us jumped at the same time when Ga In noona's phone rang. She quickly searched for it at her bag while I looked awkwardly at the floor. “Jea unnie?” It was Jea noona who broke the moment.

Aiiisshhh. Way to call yourself a love bridge, Jea noona. “Huh? Yeah, I'm still downstairs. No, I won't go anywhere. I was just about to go up. Mm. I'll be there in a few minutes, I'll just send Kwonnie home.” Their short conversation ended.

“I guess that's my cue.” I spoke quickly to avoid the awkward atmosphere. “I'll tell Doojoon that you're at your apartment already if he's already at our room.

Ga In noona nodded. “Text me when you get to your dorm, okay?” She smiled weakly.

I nodded and gave her a smile. I motioned her to go inside their building before I make my way home. “Oh, and Kwon-ah.” She stopped at the third step of the stairs of the building. “Yes. I am.

“Huh?

 

“Yes, I'm jealous. I'm jealous if you're really going out with Jea unnie. Or if you start to date other girls. I am jealous.

 

She said, back me. I was going to answer her but Ga In noona quickly ran inside. I got frozen in my place, unable to move or even hear anything. The only thing that's ringing in my mind right now is Ga In noona's words... 

 

Yes, I'm jealous.

 

 

A smile formed across my face. I guess phase 1 worked. I wonder what's their phase 2.

 

a/n:

Hello! How's everyone? :3 I present you~ a long overdue chapter of the story lol. This is supposed to be released last week but I encountered some internet connection problems. OTL So.. idk. I made it long to make up for the overdue-ness of the chapter.

I missed writing about Ga-in so I had to include her in this chapter lol. Ohhh.. she's jealous. And there's like this, tension going on between Kwonnie and Ga-in. Ohhhh~~~ What will happen next~~~~ LOL I won't spoil you guys :3

So 2AM's comeback will take place around the autumn season! And BEG's also planning on another comeback soon! (not sure if it's a mini album or a repackage of their Black Box album) I hope those two groups cross paths hihihihi (and i hope nega doesn't screw up BEG's promotions this time)

I don't know if you've heard of this but Jinwoonie got hurt! 3 He had an accident while he was working out (like his Seulong hyung lol babo brothers all the way) I hope our maknae gets well soon~ Oh, and apparently this week is Jinwoon's last week for WGM. What do you guys think of his virtual marriage?

To my dedicated old and new subs and silent readers: THANK YEW SO MUCHIEEEEEEEE <3

Till the next update! :3