Time Machine

Daily Songs

 

 

This is weird.

 

I was absolutely sure that the last thing I remember is that I was riding a bus which was going to Seoul. I know that I was supposed to go to Kyung Hee University a day early because I intended to fix my room… Well my side of the room if ever I would get a room mate.

 

Okay Jo Kwon, get back to your senses. What was the last thing that you remember?

 

So, I was in a bus. I know I sat at the back, beside the window to bid my mom goodbye. I even mouthed the words “I love you” to her.

“Oh, and then that grumpy old man sat down next to me.” My thoughts now started to come out from my mouth. Yes, the grumpy old man.  He sat down next to me as the bus started moving because he complained under his breath that his former seat mate was “Smelly, rude and noisy with his music blasting from his earphones.”

Then the man sat down next to me without even asking if the seat was taken. Well, I didn’t mind because I was scared that he would attack me once I opened my mouth. I just didn’t like the fact that he kicked my bag out of the chair. “I could’ve picked it up and placed it on my lap if he asked.”

The bus was approaching the highway when he suddenly stood up and changed seats again. I caught him complaining again. This time, he said that I was “Too boring to look at and my bags were bothering him.” I was so happy that he left my side. I placed my bag back to the empty seat and looked out the window once again.

 

“Oh, and then I fell asleep.” That was the last thing I remember.

 

“But how the hell did I end up back here at Suwon. And on top of that, why am I in front of my High School’s gate?”

 

 

See. This is weird. Was I suddenly thrown into a weird dimension? “Oh! Is the bus a hidden time machine?” I just shrugged at the nonesense thoughts that are rushing in my head and decided to enter my old school.

Nostalgia entered into me when I entered the school grounds. I remember every single thing that I did here.The times that I would run like the wind when I realize that the discipline officer was at the front gate and I only have a minute until he starts to smack the heads of the latecomers. With the help of my small body size, I always manage to escape his ‘Iron Hand’. That's what we call Hwang Seongsaengnim's hand. Oh wait, was it ‘Iron Hand’ or ‘General Hwang’? I don't know. I guess either of those two. 

I have no idea why but my feet just started to lead me to my junior year classroom, 3-A. “Wah~ It's been a while.” I said as I slid the door open. I entered the classroom with a big smile on my face and sat down at the teacher's table.

 

Ah Junior Year. The year that was sort of memorable for me. I became the youngest team captain of this school's track and field team, became the class president of this class because of a bet and even ran as the student body president but I conceded. I knew that I wasn't ready for the big leagues yet.

 

 

This was also the year that Ga In noona graduated from High School.

 

 

Oh, right. Since I mentioned Ga In noona, I might as well introduce her now. Son Ga In. Born September 20. She's a year older than me, hence the title “Noona”. She lives a bit far from me, but we go to this same school. Heck, we even went to the same middle school. Ga In noona was my... well... you can say that she's my best friend in the world.

 

 

And I also have this forever school boy crush on her.

 

 

Yes, a school boy crush. That started when we entered High School. Oh wait, when I entered High School.

 

“Yah Jo Kwon. You should make sure that we would go to the same high school next year when you graduate!” Ga In noona shouted at me when I dropped her home after her graduation party. She was... well drunk. The two of us snuck alcohol at her party. When everyone was gone, we started drinking. It was only a case of beer. Okay, that was all my fault. I shouldn't have tolerated her behavior back then.

 

“If you don't then I will seriously kill you.”

 

I just laughed at her usual threatening messages to me. “Noona. Why do you even want me to go to the same school again? Aren’t you tired of my face?”

She leaned in and ruffled my hair playfully. “Why would I be tired of you?” She yawned. I better urge her to go in before she passes out.

 

“You know that I can’t survive without Kkap Kwon by my side.”

 

And because of her magic words’ as I like to put it, I decided to enter this school when I finished middle school. Of course, she was happy because I surprised her with my admission at this school. And you know if your crush is happy, then you feel happy as well. That's how having a crush works, right?

I was known as ‘Ga In's Puppy’ throughout her stay in high school because people thought that I was follwing her around. That's half-true. Ga In noona was also following me sometimes. To simply put it in words, you can't separate us. She was the one who admitted that she can't survive without me. Well, except class hours since noona was a year older than me.

Some people even thought that I was dating Ga In noona. I would often hear the same lines from my guy classmates everytime. 

 

“Yah~ Jo Kwon is the man! Getting a girl like Ga In sunbaenim!

“Kwon-ah, do you know how lucky you are? Do you know how many guys are fawning over Ga In sunbaenim? And you even have the privilege to call her noona! Ohh~ I'm so jealous!

 

I would just smile at them whenever they would say their jealous fits at me. Not that I don't like being linked to Ga In noona, but the thought of dating her amuses me. Sure, I have this school boy crush on her but when dating her pops into my head, I just automatically laugh. It's just a crush, not the real thing.

 

“Oh wait!” An idea suddenly went inside my mind while reminicing the funny things that happened to me when I was still in high school. I quickly inserted my hands onto my pockets and looked for my hand phone. “Aha! Now let's see.” Pouting, I searched for the camera app. When I got the camera running, I snapped a picture of my empty classroom. 

“Now if this picture disappears from my phone, then something weird is going on with me.” Realizing that the time was now 15 minutes to 11 pm, I left my classroom and headed back to the gates.

 

As I was walking at the school grounds, I can't help but feel like I'm missing something. Like something is not right... Besides the fact that I'm stuck here instead of being in a bus.

Feeling weirded out, I started to walk to the right side of the school. Towards the school's soccer field/track and field. This was where I made the promisde to Ga In noona to get into Kyung Hee University.

“Weird. The lights are on at this hour.” I said as I stepped inthe grassy soccer field. As I was walking around the field, I noticed a figure standing by the goalpost. Nervousness creeped up as I stared at the figure. This is getting weird every minute. First, I was teleported back here in Suwon, and now there's suddenly a creepy figure by the goalpost.

I was going to shout Who's that? but instead, I ended up shouting...

 

“Are you a ghost?!

 

Smooth move, Kwon. What person would shout that nonesense thing? 

To my surprise, I heard the figure let out a laugh. A familiar laugh. A laugh that I haven't heard in almost a year.

 

“Yah. You call your noona a ghost now?” A familiar airy yet feminine voice boomed across the field.“This kid. You have no manners.

 

 

Standing at the other side of the goal post was Ga In noona.

 

 

“N- No- Noona???

 

Those were the words that I blurted out when she stepped out to the light. The nervousness doubled when she was now approaching me with a smile on her face.

 

“Aigoo~” She immediately ruffled my hair as soon as she was in front of me. “You haven't changed a bit, Kwon-ah.

 

Am I dreaming? Why is this happening? Seriously this is weird. “Noona, you're real... right?” Once again, I asked the dumbest question in the world.

Ga In noona just laughed at my question. She was unusually in a very high mood. See, I like to level her moods because she usually can change moods in a snap. The one that I'm seeing right now is the highest level of joy that she has ever expressed. 

 

“Of course I'm real. Why would you think that I'm just a figment of your imagination?

 

Because you didn't contact me after you graduated? Because you only showed your face at my graduation and never contacted me again? Because this is all weird?! “Nothing noona. It's just that... this day has been weird.

“Weird? Why? What happened?” There was concern on her voice. Now I'm starting to think that half of this is real.

“Ah. Forget it Ga In noona.” I flashed the biggest smile that I can produce, showing that nothing's wrong. “Why are you here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be at Kyung Hee?” I deliberately changed the topic.

Ga In noona sighed then smiled. “It's a secret.” And stuck her tongue out like a little kid.

 

I was going to retort back at her teasing. But I suddenly felt dizzy. It felt like I was being turned around and at the same time, being smacked in the head repeatedly. 

 

“Ow. That hurts.” I can't take the pain anymore so I sat down at the grass. I was surprised that Ga In noona was laughing at me. “Yah noona. Thanks for just laughing at my face. That's a nice way to help out a friend who is in deep pain.

She didn't even notice what I said and still laughed. Weird. When I blurt out sarcastic comments, she usually snaps back at me. Plus I am totally creeped out that she is still laughing at me. “Ga In noona, is something wron with you?” I cautiously asked her.

To my surprise, she sat down so that she could level herself with me. My head still hurts but I am still able to look her in the eye.. well I looked at her with one eye because the pain is just excruiciating. “Kwon-ah.” She said softly while smiling, her half-moon eyes staring at me.

 

“Time to wake up.

 

 

“Kid!

 

Another smack was delivered to my head. I suddenly opened my eyes and jumped out of my seat. I looked around and saw that the bus was empty. The only ones left was me and the bus driver.

“Oh thank goodness you're awake.” He breathed a sigh of relief. “I thought you were dead. Do you know that I had to smack you in the head for like 10 times?!

Oh, so that's why my head hurts. And then it sank to me that what I experienced earlier was just a dream. I dreamt about Ga In noona.

 

But why does it feel like that dream is so real?

 

I stood up and bowed deeply to the driver. “I'm sorry sir. I guess I was just tired that's why I was in a deep slumber.

He waved his hands as a sign of forgiveness. “That's okay. As long as you're not dead.” He chuckled. “If you're wondering, we're at Seoul now. Where are you heading off anyway.” He looked at my luggage. Maybe he thought that I ran away from home or something.

“I'm actually going to Kyung Hee University.” I said as I started to grab my bags.

“Oh, really?” He was surprised. “The way to my house is the same route as Kyung Hee University. I can take you there, if you want.

Sir, do you really need to ask that question. “Oh, that would be great sir! Thank you very much!” I bowed. Hah! I saved money today~

 

The journey to Kyung Hee University isn't boring thanks to Mr. Choi. See, I have this little talent of be-friending random people. Ga In noona sometimes call that my useless talent, but sometimes, I really find that talent to be useful. 

I bowed again and waved goodbye to him. We promised each other that we'd go for a drink when we get the chance to meet again. Being a good boy that I am, I politely agreed. I waited until his bus was out of sight before going inside the campus of Kyung Hee University.

 

 

“This is it Jo Kwon. You are now officially a Kyung Hee University student.

 

a/n:

Hello! Haha. So, yeah. I didn't put another song in this chapter because I just narrated/revealed who was Kwon talking about in chapter 1. Plus I also revealed his school boy crush to Ga In. :3 So what I'm trying to say is that he's not YET in love with Ga In, he's just at the admiring stage. But, we'll get there. :)

So to make it short, I just wrote about his weird dream that seemed like a reality. Plus, yeah I just introduced Ga In to the story. Well a brief intro about her and what's her relationship to Kwon.

I cut the chapter short since I think that it's getting way long. I was supposed to introduce one of Kwonnie's roommates in the chapter but I might as well do that in the next one. Actually, I promised myself that I would make the chapters in this fic a bit short but... Oh well.

It's really hard to write in first person. D: but I'm getting used to it. I like to experiment with wriiting styles so forgive me if this chapter gives you headaches or is too serious. (__) As the story goes on, you guys would see the usual Adam Couple antics plus a little heartache (?) LOL. I'm spoiling you guys.

I don't think this is my best chapter because it's too serious. But then again, I'm just starting so... anyway, I may release a double chapter today since I'm free/not really doing anything. Enjoy~ :3