Phase 2.2: Seulong's Time to Shine

Daily Songs

 

Time: 3:00 in the afternoon

 

Ga In entered the field with a big smirk on her face. She was also holding a camera while craning her neck, looking for her unnies and the two boys, Jo Kwon and Changmin. “Ah seriously where could they–”

 

“GA INNIE! OVER HERE!!”

 

She heard Jea's cheery voice from the first row of the bleachers. Ga In waved back at her unnie before procceeding to join them. “Yah~ Why are you late?” Narsha slapped her lightly on her shoulder. “We already ordered the boys to go grab us something to eat. We didn't get to say what you want.”

“It's okay unnie.” Ga In said. “I'm not really that hungry.” She started to fix her camera.

“Ga In-ah.” Miryo called her. “What's up with the camera? I thought we're here to cheer on for the school. Or in your case, for Doojoon.” She grinned at the maknae.

Ga In was flustered with Miryo's comment. Before she can answer her, someone shouted “Jea! I thought you're going to pay for all of this??” She turned around and saw Kwon and Changmin walking towards them, carrying plastic bags. “You're such a big liar!”

“I'm not!” Jea stuck her tongue out to him. “I said I will pay you once you get back. Why, did you pay for all of this?” She pointed to the plastic bags when the two boys finally reached them.

Changmin shook his head. “Half of it. Kwonnie paid the other half.” He nudged Kwon who was on his side. “Right Kwon?”

Kwon silently nodded, then looked at Ga In and smiled. Ga In smiled back to him as well, but remembered Seulong's condition and quickly avoided his eyes. “Noona, is something wrong?” Kwon asked her when he noticed that she avoided his gaze.

“Eh?” She pretended to look for something, still avoiding his curious look. “No, I'm okay.”

Jea smirked when she saw that her maknae is nervous around Kwon. Before they decided to watch the game, Jea and Seulong already filled in Narsha, Miryo, Changmin and Jinwoon about them interfering with Ga In, Jo Kwon and Doojoon. Narsha is the only one who objected with their plan.

 

“Why are you even going to interfere with Ga In's shot at love?” She argued last night. “Don't you want her to be happy? Look, although I like Kwonnie to be with Ga In, if she doesn't want him, then why bother shoving Kwon to her huh?”

But Jea and Seulong pleaded Narsha to give them a chance and Narsha reluctantly said yes. “But promise me that you two would let me talk to Kwon one day.” She bargained. “No interfering from you two, just me and Kwonnie.” Jea and Seulong agreed.

 

“Okay, look.” Jea pointed at the field. “The match is about to start! Let's settle down now.” She looked at Miryo, Changmin and Narsha who all got into their positions. That left Kwon and Ga In standing awkwardly beside each other. “You two maknaes sit over here.” She pointed at the two empty seats that are in front of her. “That way we can see if you two have some funny business.” She giggled.

“Unnie~!” Ga In pouted, but sat down because she still needed to fix her camera. Kwon looked weirdly at Jea before sitting down beside Ga In.

“Noona, what's up with the camera?” Kwon asked, leaning over to look at Ga In. “Need any help in fixing that thing?”

Ga In let out a laugh. “Kwon-ah, you do know that you in fixing things right?” She looked at him and patted his head. “Thanks for the offer though. This,” She lifted the camera. “Is for Seulong's big moment later.”

Kwon was supposed to ask another question when the announcer's voice boomed throughout the field. “Good afternoon Kyunghee U!”

“Oh.” Kwon looked at the direction of the game announcer. “That voice is familiar...”

Ga In looked at him. “Did you say something Kw–”

“Yah Kwonnie!”Changmin slapped Kwon on his back excitedly. “That's Minjunnie on the announcer's booth!!”

“Yes sir. Ya'll know who I am.” The game announcer who's name is Minjun said. Kwon and Changmin laughed  as the listened to him announce today's event. Minjun is Changmin's classmate who Kwon once met, but he is still a sophomore just like Ga In and Seulong. “My name is Kim Minjun, and I will be your game announcer for the day.”

“No way.” Kwon turned to Changmin. “Hyung, does Minjun hyung know anything about soccer?”

Changmin laughed and shook his head. “If everyone should just please sit down and be organized.” Minjun said. “The game is about to start. Also, please do not forget to pick up the trash from your place after the game. Thank you.”

There was a minute of silence before Minjun's voice boomed again. “Alright. Let's get the game started!”

The whole field cheered and shouted as Minjun explained the rules and introduced their school's opponent. When it was the turn of their school's team to be announced, everyone was silent again.

 

“Now I present to you~ Your Kyunghee University's soccer team led by its team captain, Im Seulong!”

 

The players came out on the left side of the field where they, Kwon and the others can see them clearly. Jea, Narsha, Miryo and Changmin cheered loudly while Kwon clapped. Ga In noticed Kwon is not being his hyper self today. 

“Yah.” She nudged him. “You okay?” Ga In asked him, her expression full of concern.

Kwon nodded and gave her a smile. He looked at the field and saw Seulong looking serious... or more like nervous. Jinwoon was behind him, smiling and waving. “Aigoo~! Look at our baby boy!” Narsha exclaimed when Jinwoon waved at their direction.

“Noona, aren't you at least going to take a picture of Doojoon?” Kwon asked Ga In, whom he caught still looking at him. “It his first match after all.” He looked at the field again and stared at Doojoon, who was also waving at the crowd, but less enthusiastically than Jinwoon.

“Huh? Oh, yeah. Sure.” Ga In positioned her camera at Doojoon's direction. She was about to take his picture when someone accidentally bumped into her shoulder, causing her to stumble a bit and drop the camera.

Kwon luckily caught her by the shoulders and helped her. “Aish! My camera!” Ga In looked at the camera which was lying on the floor. “Yah you–”

“I'm sorry.” The two of them noticed that it was a girl's voice. “Is it broken?”

 

Kwon quickly looked up to the culprit who bumped into Ga In. “Oh. Sooyoung?” He looked at her, trying to remember if he got her name correctly.

“Jo Kwon?” Sooyoung replied. “You're the one that Yoon Doojoon brought to the conveniece store right? The one who...” She tried to remember where she saw Kwon before. “Ah. The one who bumped into me and spilled my drink at the welcome party.”

“Yah I told you I was sorry, didn't I?” Kwon raised his tone. “How many times do I have to tell you sorry?”

 

Ga In looked weirdly at Sooyoung. How does she know Kwonnie? 

Sooyoung shrugged. She then looked at Ga In, then back to Kwon. “I see the famous Jo Kwon is already taken.” She muttered to herself.

 She then looked back at Ga In and bowed. “I'm really sorry about the camera. Is there anything that I can do to make it up to you?”

“Yeah. At least admit that I already said sorry.” Kwon said to himself, but Ga In heard it. She elbowed Kwon before replying to Sooyoung.  

“It's okay. I think it's not broken.” She said as she picked up her camera. She turned it around and looked at it closely. Kwon looked at the camera as well. Sooyoung can't help but feel awkward as she looked at the two who were too close with each other. “Yeah, it's not. Just some minor scratches.” She smiled at Sooyoung. “You better head on up now because the game is about to start.”

Sooyoung bowed to Ga In then looked at Kwon and shook her head before going to her place. “Kwon-ah.” The two of them jumped when they heard Jea's voice. “Who's that?”

“That? She's Do–” But Kwon never got to finish his sentence because Minjun's voice boomed across the field.

 

“Alright. Well, let's start this game now. Leggo!”

 

The referee's whistle echoed across the field, and the game officially started. Jea cheered loudly, even though the opponent has the ball.

“Kim Hyojin why are you cheering?!” Miryo tugged Jea. “Can't you see the opponent has the ball?”

“Whyyyy~?” Jea pouted as she reluctantly sat back down. “Can't I cheer for someone who's cute?” She crossed her arms and looked sad. The five of them laughed at Jea's remark.

Loud cheers erupted from the other side of the field, where their opponents are seated as one of their players got closer to the goal. “And now Sogang's... uh...” Minjun obviously do not know the opponent's names. “Ah! Sogang's Jung Chulsoo is heading for the goal. Yah Son Dongwoon you better stop that damn ball from going in!” Minjun shouted.

“Your friend has a nice way of commenting the match.” Narsha commented. “He apparently knows a lot in soccer and is very supportive of our players.” Changmin laughed and nodded.

“That's Kim Minjun to you.” He added. “Omo! Look!” He stood up and pointed at the field. “We have the ball!”

The five of them focused on the field and sure enough, Kyunghee's goalie Son Dongwoon blocked the shot from Sogang and passed the ball to “Now Lee Gikwang has the ball!” Minjun's voice boomed across the field.  “Yeaaaah now that's what I'm talking about. Go get that ball to the other side Gikwang!”

Kyunghee's side cheered as Gikwang ran across the field with the ball in his possession. “Now he's being blocked. Someone save him!” Minjun pleaded.

 

Then, they saw Jinwoon from nowhere and tried to help Gikwang. “Now we have back-up!” Minjun said. “Oh and I think that's one of their visual players... Jung Jinwoonie!” He excitedly exclaimed.

 

“WOHOOOO!! LET'S GO JINWOON!!” Narsha stood up and cheered. “GO GO GO!”

“Assa! He got the ball!” Changmin exclaimed.

Sure enough, Gikwang managed to pass the ball to Jinwoon. The six of them cheered loudly as Jinwoon flew across the field. “Yah~ When did Jinwoon get fast at running?” Miryo said in awe. “Kwonnie you better watch out cause Jinwoon might steal your crown.”

“Eyy noona.” Kwon turned to Miryo and shook his head. “Jinwoon has a long way to go before he can outrun me.”

 

“Ow! Hold on. Time!” Minjun suddenly stopped commenting about how fast Jinwoon is. “Isn't that a foul? Jinwoon got kicked in the ankle!”

 

Kyunghee's side gasped when they saw Jinwoon lying down on the grass, holding his ankle. The four ladies all gasped at the same time while Changmin shouted “WHO KICKED JINWOON??!!” and Kwon silently watched the field.

“Alright I'm watching the replay here and it seems that Sogang's...” Minjun paused. “Park Jaebum kicked him intentionally in his ankle.”

Kyunghee's crowd booed. The six of them booed the loudest. Narsha and Jea are even cursing the one who kicked Jinwoon. “Now he's.. yeah. Park Jaebum is out of the game. He will be replaced by Kim Sanghoon.” Minjun explained to the crowd. “Now we see our Jung Jinwoon is being carried to the bench by Yoon Doojoon and Im Seulong. I wonder who will replace him.”

Their side clapped as they watched Jinwoon go back to the benches. Jinwoon looked at Kwon's direction and gave him a thumbs up. “I hope Jinwoonie's okay.” Jea said as she sat back down. “He must be sad cause he can't finish the game.”

“He seemed okay to me.” Kwon said. The five of them stared at him with angry expressions. “What? He gave me a thumbs up.” Ga In smacked him in the head for his comment.

“Omo. Am I really getting my info right?” Minjun's voice sounded like he was holding a big laugh. The crowd looked at the field, anticipating who will replace Jinwoon. “I guess I am getting the info right.”

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, playing his first game as the school's captain...”

Ga In quickly looked at the field, camera in hand.

“I give you another visual player of Kyunghee U... IM! SEUL! ONG!”

 

Cheers erupted from Kyunghee's side again as Seulong stepped on the field. “ALRIGHT SEULONG!” Jea stood up and clapped loudly. “Show them what you're made of!”

“I just hope he doesn't embarrass himself.” Narsha giggled as she clapped for Seulong. Miryo nudged her, but she still laughed.

Kwon clapped as well with Seulong's entrance. Hyung, I'm putting my 100% trust in you. Please don't screw up.

The referee blew the whistle and the game resumed. “Oh FYI people, we only have like 20 minutes left for this first game so... Oh snap it's starting.” Minjun said. The crowd laughed at Minjun's way of commenting about the match. “Kyunghee's ball, by the way. Gikwang has it in his possession.”

Kyunghee's side cheered again as Gikwang avoided his opponents. “Wow, that Lee Gikwang is good.” Changmin said while clapping. “For a small kid he is good in soccer.”

“Noona, you look like you're going to cast a spell on the field if you continue looking at it like that.” Kwon poked Ga In, whom he caught glaring at the field. “What's up with the glare?” He asked, although he really had a hunch on why she's now focused on the game.

Ga In raised her hand, still looking at the field. “Sshhh. I'm watching. Don't disturb.”

Kwon laughed at her. “Whatever you say noona~”

“Oh, Gikwang passed the ball to Yoon Doojoon!” Minjun announced.

The six of them screamed when they heard that Doojoon has the ball. “YEAH! GO DOOJOONIE!” Narsha and Jea cheered the loudest among them. 

“Yoon Doojoon~ Yah I heard this kid is a good soccer player that's why Seulong got him on his team without hesitation.” Minjun narrated. “He's running... running... OH! Nice avoiding that guy!”

“And now he's almost at the goal... almost... but there are two players who are ready to block him. Yah Doojoon stop running! I told you there are two– WOAH! Did he just fake a shot?”

Everyone gasped when they saw Doojoon almost at the goal but didn't shoot the ball. “He did! Now where is he...” Minjun's voice trailed away. “Oh. OH OHHH!”

 

“Doojoon just passed the ball to Seulong who was hiding near the goal.”

 

Ga In looked surprised as she watched Doojoon pass the ball to the far right side of the field where  Seulong was waiting. “NICE!” Changmin exclaimed. “He used Doojoon and Gikwang as baits so that he can be free to score.”

Seulong now has the ball and no one was blocking him. “GO SEULONG!!!” as well as cheers can now be heard from across the field. 

“And he's going for the goal now!” Minjun exclaimed. Everyone cheered as Seulong ran towards the goal. No one blocked him because they are too far away. The only thing that's going to block him is the opponent's goalie. “It's Seulong vs. Sogang's goalie now.”

 

Ga In looked nervous. Please please please. She was too nervous to even lift the camera and take an emabarrassing shot of Seulong if he fails to get the ball in. Please let him fail.

Meanwhile on her left, Kwon looked serious. He wasn't praying or anything, he was just watching Seulong get closer and closer to the goal. The other four got quiet as well.

“He's going going...” Minjun said, his voice getting excited. “Going going... closer now... almost there... kicks it!”

The whole field went silent.

 

“GOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!”

 

Now everyone cheered again as Seulong's ball passed by the goalie and went through the net. The five of them cheered and jumped as they watched Seulong run across the field, arms up in the sky.

“That is probably his first goal ever!” Changmin said, now laughing. “He's going to celebrate and party hard because of that.”

Kwon let out a small sigh of relief after jumping. Hyung~ He felt like crying.

Meanwhile, somone felt like dying.

 

Seulong stopped by Kyunghee's side and pointed at their direction. Everyone thought that he's generally pointing at the crowd but in reality he's not. He's only pointing to one person in the crowd.

He's pointing to Son Ga In.

Ga In looked at him, then looked at Kwon, then back again to him, who was now smiling smugly in her direction.

 

 

Im Seulong you idiot.

 

Flashback: Friday night in front of Kwon's dorm

“Hyung?” Kwon was surprised when he saw Seulong waiting for him in front of the entrance to their dorm. “What are you doing here?”

Seulong stood up and smiled.

 

“We're doing phase 2 tomorrow aka my time to shine.”

a/n:

Hello everyone! /waves. I know you guys have been waiting for this so FINALLY HERE IT IS PHASE 2.

AGAIN, I'M REALLY REALLY REALLY SORRY THIS IS OVERDUE. OTL School works suddenly piled up and I had to juggle everything so I made up a two-part update to make it up to you guys. ^__^

I split the chapter into two cos it's really really reaaalllyyyyy getting long~ lol I had to write at least half of a soccer match so idk... maybe that's the reason why it got so long. And the title is appropriate cos today Seulong released a solo single! :3

Okay, recap. So basically Phase 2 is about tricking a very confused Ga-in. Seulong knew that once they confirm that Ga-in is jealous of the idea that Jea and Kwon are going out, then he can trick her into at least going out with Kwon. Plus Seulong grabbed the opportunity to show-off his newly acquired soccer skills to everyone lol. So, Seulong tricked Ga-in into betting against him and he succeeded.. in everything lol. 

Key point in the last chapter is that Ga-in is seriously confused with Kwon right now. lol she admitted to babo Ong that she thinks about Kwon once in a while so something must be up hihihi.

Oh, and does anybody remember Sooyoung? lol I made her do a special appearance (hint: she said smth that might give you an idea of her part in the story lol just saying if you want to be spoiled) and I also intentionally injured Jinwoon cos he's injured in real life~ I hope he gets better soon...

PHASE 3 WILL BE KWON AND GA-IN'S DATE YAAAAY WHO'S EXCITED. But (lol ofc there's a big but in every story) would it be a happy or a sad date?

IDK if you've heard of this but yesterday or the other day in tvN's Taxi where BEG appeared, Ga-in mentioned (well stuttered) that she's still in contact with Kwon and Narsha spilled that they're going to the same salon. LOL it made me giddy~ and 2AM is having their concert in December! \o/

Ah, my author's note is long. OTL IDK if you like reading long things but... do you? I mean, are my /long/ chapters alright with you guys? Or do I need to stop talking too much and lessen them? Let me know what you guys think please. >.< And any comments, suggestions, questions, feedback, complaints? lol Let me know! >.< as usual, the comment box is always open along with my wall and you guys can also message me~

To my old&new subscribers & the silent readers: THANK YOUUUUUUUU~ <3

I will try to update as fast as I can... when school permits me lol. Srsly, I will try to update a bit fast cos I don't like to keep you guys waiting. I hope you guys like Phase 2 (__)

Till the next update! <3