Boys Night Out

Daily Songs

 

“Jo Kwon, by any chance is the girl Ga Innie?”

 

My eyes widened as Jea noona asked her last question with a sly smile. Beside her, Seulong hyung was snickering and pointing fingers at me.

 

Ah seriously, I regret saying yes to this boys night out. And I hate Jinwoonie's lie detector toy.

 

5:00 PM.

“Kwon-ah! Wait up!”

 

I looked back and saw Doojoon waving frantically at me. “Oh. Where did you come out from?” I asked him with a surprise voice and a wave.

“Me? I waited for you to finish your class idiot. Hihi.” He smiled and lightly knocked my head. “I'm hungry. Want to eat?” He said as he draped his arm around my shoulders

“Is it your treat?”

Doojoon frowned and quickly placed his arm back to his side. “Ah forget it. I'll eat by myself.” He started to walk very fast while I started to laugh at him.

“Alright, alright. I'm sorry Doojoonie.” I tried to match his quick steps. “Let's go and eat.”

 

We arrived at the nearest fast food place after 30 minutes of walking. “What do you want?” Doojoon asked me as he looked for his wallet in his backpack.

“Me? Just get me a hamburger.” I wasn't really that hungry. To be honest, I wanted to get some shut eye after my class but Doojoon popped out of nowhere. Ah, this boy. Great timing to annoy me.

But I can't shake this weird feeling that he wants to say something to me. I mean, Doojoon won't just wait for me to finish my class for no reason. No boy is like that.

“Alright. Go take a seat. I'll pay for it for now.” Doojoon pointed at one of the empty seats at the far back. 

“Ohh~ Is this the day that Yoon Doojoon will finally treat Jo Kwon to a meal?” I playfully pushed him and slap his arm. 

Doojoon pushed me back, and hard. “Ah stop it~! Just sit over there.” He waved me off with an irritated expression. Weird, I think this is the first time that I've seen his irritated expression. I didn't want to argue with him, so I silently followed his orders.

 

As I was watching Doojoon queue in line, I can't help but feel jealous of him again. Yes, again. Ever since he confessed to me that he likes Ga In noona, I can't help but feel jealous of him. Inferior. I felt like I was losing a battle that hasn't even started yet.

 

“Yah! Kwon-ah.” I suddenly heard Doojoon's voice and saw him snap his fingers in front of me. “Are you okay?” He sat in front of me, tray in hand with a weird expression.

“Uh? Ah. Mm.” I nodded and grabbed the tray from him, set in down on the table and let out an awkward laugh. The weird expression is still plastered on his face. “Why~? What's up Doojoon?”

“Just... You look like you were thinking of something a while ago. Like, you were dazed. Is there something wrong?”

I looked like I was dazed? “Eh? What?” Doojoon must've noticed me staring at him while he was at the line. “I wasn't.” I quickly grabbed my burger and started munching on it... Too fast. I started coughing, bit of beef went out of my mouth making Doojoon surprised.

“Yah eat slowly Kwonnie!” He grabbed one of the drinks, stood up and helped me drink it. “Geez what's up with you today.”

I gave him a thumbs up as a sign of thanks while coughing. “Seriously take it easy Kwonnie. I don't want you to die yet, you know.” He offered me a napkin and laughed. “I still need your holy guidance.”

“My holy guidance?” I finally found my voice back. “For what?”

He smiled shyly and avoided my curious eyes. “Ey stop pretending that you don't know what I'm talking about.”

I seriously have no idea what he's talking about so I stared at him intensely, leaning towards him with my eyes getting bigger and bigger. I wonder if I looked scary though. “What the? Yah stop that!” Again, he was caught off guard and swatted me with his hand. I guess I did look scary to him. 

“But I don't know what are you talking about.”

Doojoon scratched his head and sighed. “Seriously?” I nodded. “You're not kidding?” He let out a hollow laugh. “Ah really. I don't know if you're playing around with me or something.” Doojoon ended his inquiries with a pout.

“Whaaat~?” I looked at him, confused. “Yoon Doojoon do I look like I'm joking? I told you I don't know what you're talking about.”

 

“Ah. Aish. You said you'd help me out with Ga In noona!”

 

Doojoon quickly looked away and my heart sank once again. That... I forgot about that for a while. Thanks to running and playing the piano everyday of course. “Ah. Ahh~” I tried to keep my voice as normal as possible. “That. Ah..”

“Why~? Don't you want to help me out?”

Yes. I don't want to help you. “No~ It's not like that.” I forced a smile. But I have no choice since Ga In nona also likes you and wants to be close to you. “I just forgot about that thing for a while because of my training.” My head bowed automatically. “I'm deeply sorry Doojoon hyungnim.”

Doojoon laughed. “Here we go again with your hyungnim. Aigoo~” He shook his head. “Don't push yourself Kwonnie. I noticed you've been running non-stop these past few days.”

“No I'm not.” I flashed another smile. “I'm just diligently running my of because I want to win. It'll be a big humiliation if I lost.”

“Right. You have a name to protect.” He nodded. “Oh, and it seems like I need your permission on something.” and he suddenly bursted out laughing. “Ah. I know I should not take this as a joke because she said it in a serious way but I still find this funny.”

She? What's he talking about? “Eh? What...”

“Hold on.” He raised a hand up to stop me from speaking. Doojoon snickered as he grabbed his phone from his pocket. “Where is it.. Aha!” He giggled before looking at me again. “Okay. Please look at this conversation carefully.” Doojoon offered his phone  in a very respectful way.

“Uh? Why are you-”

 

To: Son Ga In noonim; 11:00 pm

Ga In noona, can I ask you something? A hypothetical question. ^^

From: Son Ga In noonim; 11:06 pm

Sure.

 

As usual. Ga In noona replies like an emotionless person. And Son Ga In noonim? Seriously Doojoon. You confidently call her noona when we're talking about her yet you saved her name in your phone using a respectful title.

 

To: Son Ga In noonim; 11:09 pm

If someone asks you out on a date, would you accept it? I mean would you go out with him?

From: Son Ga In noonim; 11:15 pm

I don't know. I guess it depends on who's asking. But they have to go through Kwonnie first. ㅋ

To: Son Ga In noonim; 11:17 pm

Kwonnie? Why?

From: Son Ga In noonim; 11:19 pm

Just.. Because Kwonnie knows me the best. 흐 Ah. How do I say this... I don't think I can accept a person's offer to date without my Kwonnie's approval. ㅋ

 

My Kwonnie? “What the...” I swear I could drop on the floor and die right now. She may have just said that you're her Kwonnie but remember, she likes the person in front of you.

 

The voice in my head brought me back to the real world. I sighed and reluctantly gave back Doojoon his phone. He was smiling at me.

 

 

“So, Ga In noona's Kwonnie. Do I have your permission to ask her out on a date?”

 

Four hours after Kwon and Doojoon's meal.

“Jo Kwon-ssi. why so gloomy?” Jea noona asked in a cute voice as she helped herself with her sixth round of meat.

“Jea noonim, why are you here at our table again?” An irritated Seulong hyung snaped at her.

 

I got dragged to a Boys night out, or as Seulong hyung now calls it "Boys night out gone wrong" because of Jea noona's sudden appearance. I wasn't planning on going to be honest, but after what happened earlier, I felt that I needed my friends. I needed their warm comforting- 

 

“Yah Jo Kwon. Stop being gloomy and help me shoo Jea noona away.” Seulong hyung ordered while lightly pushing Jea noona who was whimpering in protest.

“Hyung why are you making Jea noona leave?” Jinwoon innocently asked while he fiddled with his lie detector toy. “She's not doing anything wrong.”

“Jinwoon's right.” Changmin hyung chimed in. “Hyojin's just merely eating the meat that she loves more than men.”

 

Scratch what I just said about them being warm. They are a bunch of idiots.

 

Jea noona stuck her tongue out to Seulong hyung and continued to eat. Seulong hyung gave her another glare before looking at my direction. “Hold on. Noona's right. Kwonnie, you don't look good.”

“I don't...?” Do I really look that sad right now? “What are you talking about?”

Jea noona was the one who spoke instead of Seulong hyung. “Maybe our Kwonnie is having some love problems.” She smiled at me slyly, her eyes full of curiousity.

My three lovely friends started to snicker, and Jea noona quickly noticed it. “Omo. Why are the three boys snickering? Am I missing out on something?” She looked at me for answers, and I quickly shook my head.

 

“Noona, don't mind Kwonnie.” Seulong hyung smirked at me. “You're totally missing out on something.” The teasing of Im Seulong hyung is now starting.

“Something big.” Changmin hyung joined in and made a big gesture with his hands.

“It's so big that Jea noona might just faint on the spot.” Followed by the maknae, who was now done fixing his little toy. “It's that huge, noona.”

I gave them a glare but they ignored it and resumed to their snickering.Seriously. These guys can't shut their mouths.

 

Jea noona looked at the three of them with a confused expression, then turned to me with a curious expression. “Okay, now I'm curious.” She looked at me for answers and again I shook my head. I need to divert the attention that I'm getting somewhere... I need to get out of this sticky situation....

 

“Jinwoonie. Why do you have that toy?” I feigned a sudden interest in Jinwoon's lie detector toy. “Who gave you that?”

 

Jinwoon looked confused, but raised his lie detector in the air. I nodded. “This? Ah. One of my classmates gave it to me as a gift.” He smiled. Changmin hyung grabbed the toy from him and twirled it around. “It's facinating, right hyung?” He smiled again while pointing at the toy, eyes glistening. Jinwoon is seriously the maknae in our little group. So cute.

“How do you play with that though, Jinwoonie?” Seulong hyung forgot about the teasing and was also now dragged in the lie detector conversation. I sighed in relief. “That looks a bit weird to be a lie detector.”

“Ah. You do it like this.” He stopped Changmin hyung from twirling the toy around and placed his hand on the pad. Jinwoon locked Changmin hyung's hand in with a small velcro belt attached to the toy. “Changmin hyung, are you stupid?”

“What? Of course I'm not!” Changmin hyung said confidently. Jinwoon giggled and pressed the button placed in front of the toy.

Everyone of us was now looking at the toy as it lit up for about ten seconds with matching suspense sounds. “What is this toy do- YAH!” Changmin hyung shouted in pain as he quickly unfastened his hand out of the little velcro belt. He was blowing his hand while Jinwoon was laughing out loud.

“HAHAHA! HYUNG IS STUPID!” He clapped like a seal and pointed his fingers at Changmin hyung's direction. “HYUNG IS STUPID!”

Changmin hyung gave Jinwoon a glare and stood up to smack him in the head. “Yah what kind of toy is that! And I'm not stupid!” He drilled his hand harder in Jinwoon's head.

“Jinwoon-ah.” Seulong hyung picked up the toy and looked at it with interest. “What does this do if it feels that you're lying?”

“Ow. Ow. Ow! Hyung hold on.” Jinwoon was shielding himself to Changmin hyung's attacks. “It gives off a small electric shock if you lie.”

Seulong hyung pouted while nodding his head. “Yah. I just suddenly thought of a very interesting game to play.” He smiled widely. I have a bad feeling about this.

“What kind of game are you talking about, Ong?” Jea noona was still eating. This noona is seriously unbelievable when it comes to her love for meat. “If it involves money then count me out.”

“No, no noona. It doesn't need money.” Seulong hyung assured Jea noona who nodded. “We each get to try this.” He raised the lie detector toy. “And then have to answer three questions truhtfully. If you're caught lying, then you have to eat a wrap with lots of garlic and chili. No meat, just garlic and chili.”

Jea noona looked impressed. “Ohh~ That is a nice game Ongseulee. Call!”

“I won't lose to any of you so count me in.” Changmin hyung said. Jinwoon silently nodded in response. Seulong hyung looked at me and smiled devilishly.

“How about our Kwonnie?”

They all looked at me curiously. Seulong hyung obviously wants to tease my by doing this game on purpose. The game will still push through even though I protest so I shrugged. And Seulong hyung's smile widened.

 

 

“Assa! Let's do this!”

 

We were forty minutes into the game. The first one who was pushed in the hot seat was Changmin hyung since he was the first one who experienced the shock from the toy. Seulong hyung and Jea noona were the ones who are asking the questions since they spoke too fast. Me and Jinwoon watched them quietly.

Changmin hyung passed with flying colors, and so did Jinwoon who volunteered to be next. “As expected, it listens to it's owner very well.” Jinwoon clapped when his turn was over. It was now Seulong hyung's turn.

 

“Ong-ah. Do you like Ga In?” Jea noona asked the question quickly, eyeing Seulong hyung with her typhoon eyes.

 

Seulong hyung laughed out loud and gave me a small glance before confidently shouting “EW NO!” Jea noona pressed the button and looked at the machine with intensity.

“Huh? You're telling the truth?” She was surprised at the result and Seulong hyung looked smug.

“Of course I am noona! Why would I like your dongsaeng who is very rude and disrespectful to me.” He pouted. “Besides, I can't like Ga In. Someone is already waiting for her.”

Jinwoon and Changmin hyung snickered at Seulong hyung's comment while I hung my head down in irritation. Ah seriously. These guys are really asking for it.

“Someone? Who?” Noona's eyes widened and she perked her head in curiosity. “Do I know him?” Seulong hyung just smiled at her and gave me a wink. Aish. This hyung is really getting on my nerves.

Jea noona pouted when hyung gave her a smile as an answer. “Yah you four are obviously hiding something from me. Spill it out now!” She whined. “I want in on your secret!”

“Noona, we're not hiding anything from you.” It was Jinwoon who spoke. 

“Everything is just too obvious, Hyojin-ah.” Changmin hyung added. “You're just not seeing the big picture.”

Jea noona turned her head around in confusion. It was very obvious that the three were fooling around with her and teasing me at the same time. “Kwon-ah. Try the game now.” Seulong hyung's hand was now out of the toy. “Let's make this game a rotation thing.”

“Eh? But you're turn is not yet done hyung!”

He just stuck his tongue out and forced my hand onto the toy. “AH YAH HYUNG! THIS IS UNFAIR!” I stomped my feet in protest. “Jinwoon-ah. Changminnie hyung~” I looked at them for help but they ignored me and laugh.

“Alright! First question!” Seulong hyung was obviosuly excited. “Hmm... Does Kwonnie like someone?” He quickly pressed the button.

“Huh? What's this? YAH HYUNG I TOLD YOU-”

“Kwonnie hyung you have to answer in ten seconds or else that thing will shock you.” Jinwoon said quickly.

“AH. HUH. YES.” The toy made a "ding!" sound, indicating that I was telling the truth. The three of them holwed in joy while Jea noona made an "Ohh" sound.

“Moving on!” Seulong hyung was really quick to speak. “Do we know this person?”

“EXCUSE ME?”

Seulong hyung ignored me and pressed the button. “I repeat, do we know this person?” He smiled at me innocently. I can see Jea noona silently watching me while Jinwoon and Changmin hyung were snickering at their places.

My instinct not to get shocked was more overwhelming than my instinct to hide my secret from Jea noona so I unconsciously uttered out another yes, which made Jea noona's eyes big.

“Omo! Is this what you're hiding from me?” Jea noona exclaimed. “Yah this is a big news!” She was so surprised. The three of them were just laughing casually at my torment. Such good friends.

“Okay, last.” Seulong hyung said. “Noona, I'll give you the honor of asking the last question to Kwonnie.” He said to Jea noona who nodded. “But you only have one chance of asking him. You have to ask the right question in order to get the answer that you're looking for.”

“And Kwon-ah. We are not breaking your contract.” He added.

That's right! We have a contract! “Jinwoon! Get my wallet at my bag!” I snapped at the maknae who was surprised. “Qui-”

 

“Jo Kwon, by any chance is the girl Ga Innie?”

 

My eyes widened as Jea noona asked her last question with a sly smile. Beside her, Seulong hyung was snickering and pointing fingers at me.

 

 

Ah seriously, I regret saying yes to this boys night out. And I hate Jinwoonie's lie detector toy.

 

Jea noona still has her hands clasped over and was staring at me. The game ended a few minutes ago and we were now comfortably eating our desserts.

 

“Noona.” Jinwoon offered his ice cream to her. “Don't you want dessert?”

Seulong hyung took another look at Jea noona. “Don't you guys think she resembles Edvard Munch's painting?”

“The scream?” I asked. Seulong hyung nodded.

“Yah. You guys shouldn't make fun of Jea.” Changmin hyung was done with his food and was now playing with the empty container. “In a few seconds she'll snap back to reality.”

 

And Changmin hyung was right. After he spoke, Jea noona slowly dropped her hands but she was still staring at me. “Kwon-ah. Seriously... You like Ga In?”

With my spoon still in my mouth, I nodded. After playing the game, I realized that I now felt comfortable in admitting to those who are close to me that I like Ga In noona. Maybe I can tell Miryo noona and Narsha noona soon since Jea noona already knows.

But of course, I still can't admit this to Ga In noona or Doojoon even thought they are a part of the "close to me" category.

 

Jea noona squealed and started to hit the table. “OMOOOO~ THIS IS A GREAT NEWS!” She then started to slap Seulong hyung who was unluckily beside her. “Kwonnie likes Ga Innie~~!”

“Ow. Ow. OW. OW! NOONA STOP! I'M A PERSON TOO!” Seulong hyung protested.

“Yah. I just realized that you two match!” She exclaimed. I smiled shyly and thanked her silently. I didn't know if she heard it because she was busy squealing which irritated Seulong hyung.

“I'm so happy for you Kwon-ah.” She suddenly grabbed my hand and congratulated me. “You two will seriously last.”

“Eh? Noona. I just told you I like her. We're not going to get married or go out or something.”

Jea noona slapped my hand. “Eyy. What do you mean you won't go out with Ga In? Noona will help you!” She shouted. “I'll help you out with Ga Innie even though you obviously know her better than me.”

 

I smiled at her as I shook my head. “Thanks for the offer noona. And support. But Ga In noona likes someone else.”

 

“EH?!?!” Her eyes widened again.

Seulong hyung violently threw his plastic spoon at me. “What did you say?”

“Noona likes someone else.” I said again, with a calm voice.

Jinwoon looked at me with a serious look while Changmin hyung lightly patted my shoulders. “You're not joking, aren't you?” I shook my head. 

“Who's the guy?” Seulong hyung quickly asked. I hesitated for a bit, because hyung looked like he was ready to hunt the guy down and kick his .

But all of them were eagerly waiting for my answer. I sighed deeply before answering them.

 

“It's Doojoon.”

The four of them quietly slumped back to their seats and stared at me for a very long time, unable to say anything.

 

“Oh, a while ago, he asked my permission if he can ask Ga In noona for a date.” I suddenly remembered my purpose of saying yes to this boys' night out.

“And what did you say?” Jea noona asked the question that I'm sure everyone is dying to ask me.

 

 

“I said yes.”

 

——————

a/n:

Hello everyone! Finally, an update! Wohoo! \o/ Sorry if it took me a while. I was supposed to release this last week but I got caught up on some real life things (school, subbing plus managing 2OD's small anniversary gig for 2AM). Plus I had to re-do the whole chapter because something's missing... for me. OTL But yay an update!

Not gonna do a chapter recap because the chapter is pretty self-explanatory. lol. Jea just joined the Adam Couple fan club. Narsha and Miryo will follow soon. :3 I just love Jea's reactions. HAHA. Plus the boys' small talk when Jea was frozen in shock. lol But if you guys have questions then the comments section is always open. :3

| Warning: A slightly long rant abt smth. Feel free to skip. |

Just gonna let this small thing out. Fell free to skip it lol. But just some past few days, or was it last month.. it seems like Kwonnie is acting strange. Just before his JCS musical ended/when his musical ended, he was acting strange to me. If you're following Kwon on twitter, you may have noticed that he created a vine account and started posting some random stuff there. But it just made me uncomfortable that he posted a video titled "My Hong." The Hong there is the gay actor named Hong Suk Chun. If you've watched the video, he's the bald guy. Kwon can also be seen in Hong Suk Chun's vine a few times. I guess they're hanging out with others. But anyway, it's not that I have smth against gay people. Trust me, I do support them and all.. but Hong Suk Chun gives me this weird vibe. Like he's a person with a weird aura, and I don't like it. I don't really feel him. Maybe the reason why I have this weird feeling about him is that he's supposedly Jaejoong's lover or smth. IDK. He's a funny guy tho. If you're watching WGM Global, he was hilarious when he showed up at Hongki's wedding. But yeah, it was just weird that Kwon made the video title "My Hong." I trust Kwon tho. I don't doubt him or anything with his choices and all. It's just weird. Plain weird. Ofc, I can't do anything if he's close with that guy or is friends with him but I just want Kwon to be careful of the people that he spends his time with. To be careful to those around him. I know he's turned into a super party boy now lol but it'll be a big mess for his career if he suddenly gets caught in a very unfortunate scandal.

IDK. That's just my useless opinion. I hope no one takes it personally. ^^

| End of the slightly long rant |

Anyway, in other news. BEG Unnies are recording! :D Some say that they aim for an August comeback but we'll see. 2AM has activities in Japan when August enters. And I think they're doing another comeback around October, but I'm not sure if it's a Korean or Japanese comeback. Oh, and almost 2 more weeks until 2AM's 5th anniversary! \o/

I'm guessing that my next update will be after my summer classes. I only have a week left anyway sooo... but we'll see. haha.

New and old subs plus silent readers: Thanks you for patiently waiting for this late update. (__) /bows deeply

Till the next update~ :D