Bad Expectations and Bad Acting

Daily Songs

| SHINee - ASIDE (방백) |

“Hyuuung~~ I really really need to go~~”

 

Jinwoon tried to push the clingy Seulong away from him as the other six laughed at them. “Look at those two babos.” Narsha said in between fits of giggles. “I never knew Seulong is clingy to Jinwoon.”

“He’s normally clingy to everyone except for the four of us.” Miryo said.

“And by everyone, she means Changmin, Kwonnie, and Jinwoonie.” Jea added. “What does he want from Jinwoon anyway?” She looked at Changmin with curiosity.

Changmin nonchalantly shrugged. “Don’t ask me. I should really go too but Jinwoon is supposed to drop me at the bus terminal.” He sighed. “Aish. Let’s make the clingy babo go away. YAH IM SEULONG!” Changmin’s voice boomed across the deserted street.

“How about you two Suwon—“Jea stopped midway when she saw Kwon standing alone carrying three travelling bag on his left and a paper bag on his right. “Where’s Ga In?” She asked.

Kwon silently cocked his head in the direction of the alley way. “Doojoon called her.” He said with an uninterested tone.

Jea nodded with a weird look on her face. “And your voice seemed uninterested because…?”

“Huh?” Kwon suddenly made his voice high. “Ah. I just feel sleepy noona.” He faked a yawn. “I didn’t get enough rest because of Seulong hyung.” Kwon looked at Seulong, who was now faking a fist fight with Changmin.

“What’s with him though?” Narsha entered Jea and Kwon’s conversation. “Why is he being all… Seulong.”

Kwon shrugged. “Oh.” He looked at Seulongs’s direction and saw that Changmin is now slapping Seulong in the head. “Aigoo. Poor Seulong hyung. Noona, you’re not going home for the weekend?” He asked the two Hyojins who are in front of him. “Where are your bags?”

“I’ll leave in the afternoon.” Narsha smiled at Kwon. “While Jea’s leaving at night. If you’re curious about Miryo, she’ll be staying at her aunt’s place here in Seoul so she won’t need any packing of some sort.” She looked at Miryo who was animatedly talking to Jinwoon. “Lucky her.”

“Oh, by the way.” Jea turned her head to Kwon. “Why’d you decide to leave early for Suwon?”

Kwon cocked his head to Ga In’s direction. “Noona said that she needs to clear her head or something.” He sighed and decided to look at the alley way. As if his turn is the cue, Ga In walked out of the alley way with an unreadable expression.

“Oh. What’s up with Im Seurong?” She said when she stood beside Kwon. “He seems more Seulong than ever.”

“Hold on, did you just use Seulong  hyung’s name as an adjective?” Kwon asked Ga In.

“Mm.” She replied without looking at him. “Seulong. Another word for idiot and or stupid.” Ga In took a deep sigh, a sigh that Kwon has never heard before. “You ready?”

Kwon was suddenly caught off-guard when he saw her  smiling her half-moon eyed smile. “Uh- Uhm-“ He started to stutter.  Kwon got tongue-tied and nodded in response.

“UNNIEEEE!!!” Ga In looked at her unnies and shouted.  “Kwonnie and I need to go~~!”

Seulong quickly spoke before any of Ga In’s unnies can respond. “GO!” He said. “But leave Kwonnie here.” He stuck his tongue out like a little kid. Changmin gave him a weird look before slapping him in the head again.

“Thank you for the slap, Changmin oppa!” Ga In shouted. “Yah Im Seurong. Stop being a whiny baby and go to Daejeon already!” She crossed her arms in irritation. “You’re going to miss your damn bus.”

Seulong looked at his watch. His expression suddenly darkened. “Aish. I hate it when Son Ga In is right.” He sighed before picking his bags. “Well, I’m off. Don’t have too much fun without me.” Seulong  stood up straight and waited for the goodbyes of his friends.

The seven of them looked at Seulong silently. “Yah. Is this a joke.” He said with a dejected voice.  “Yah~ Aish. Whatever.” He turned his back and started to walk away from them.

 

“Bye Ongseulie Ongong!” Narsha piped up. “Don’t forget our presents and souvenirs!”

“Stay safe hyung!” Jinwoon shouted.

“Yah Ong-goon! “ Jea  shouted as well. “Say hi to your cousins from us! Oh and Miryo wants a souvenir from the wedding!” She said when Miryo draped her arm around Jea.

“You brat! Don’t do that again!” Changmin laughed. “Just leave if you have to leave! Let’s drink when you get back okay?”

 

Seulong turned around before Kwon or Ga In can say their goodbyes. “ Hah! I knew it! I knew you’d fall for my act!” He said with a smug look on his face.

 

The seven of them looked at Seulong with dumbfounded expressions. “Noona, let’s go.” Kwon tapped Ga In on her shoulders. “We’re going to miss the bus if we stay here.”

“Okay.” Ga In looked at Seulong one last time before turning her back on him. “Yah are you sure you can carry our bags?” She said as the two of them started to walk away from the group.

“Miryo, Jea.” Narsha looked at her friends. “Wanna go get something to eat before we fix our things?” Miryo and Jea nodded. “Kwon-ah! Ga Innie!” Narsha shouted. “Have a safe travel! And try not to kill Ga Innie with your nags, Kwonnie!”

Kwon turned back with an irritated expression. “Ah noona why are you like that!” He replied with his high pitch voice. “Changmin hyung, Jinwoonie! See you on Monday!” Kwon added as he waved at them. “You too noonim-deul!”

Changmin and Jinwoon waved. “Take care of Ga Innie for us!!” Jea added as they watched the two of them walk farther away. “Don’t you have to go as well, Changmin-ssi?” She turned to Changmin with curious eyes.

“Oh. Ahh you’re right!!” He grabbed Jinwoon’s arm and started to run. “We’ll see you guys on Monday!!” He shouted without even turning back. Jinwoon raised his hands up to try and wave but failed when Changmin shouted “Yah don’t wave you’re going to see them on Monday!!”

The three ladies laughed as they watched Changmin drag Jinwoon. “Hey Narsha, are you going to treat us lunch?” Miryo said as they started to walk without even looking  back to the now dumbfounded Seulong.

“Oh sure!” Narsha replied. “I’m feeling generous today so why not? Just don’t pick any meat restaurant Kim Hyojin.” She quickly snapped at Jea.

 

Seulong watched the three ladies walk away from him, not even giving him one last glance. Soon, he was left alone in one of the gates of Kyunghee.

 

 

“WHAT THE HELL??”

 

Kwon and Ga In did not speak with each other as soon as they made themselves comfortable in their seats. Kwon tried to start a conversation with her before the bus moved but stopped when he saw his noona looking outside with an unreadable expression. Kwon pursed his lips and decided to leave Ga In for a while by plunging his earphones  in his ears and drowning himself in music.

 

After 30 minutes, Kwon felt air flowing through his left ear instead of hearing Lady Gaga’s voice. “Ohh~” Someone spoke with a surprised voice. “You’re listening to Lady Gaga again? Aigoo this kid is seriously weird.”

He rubbed his eyes open. I must’ve fallen asleep. Kwon thought as he unconsciously stretched his arms. “Aww. Did I wake up the biggest Lady Gaga fanboy I know?” He looked at his side and saw Ga In snickering. Kwon closed his eyes and pretended to be irritated.  Ga In gave him a glare and slapped his head. “Yah what’s with the face huh?”

“Ahh!!” Kwon flinched and massaged his head. “Nothing, nothing~ I thought Lady Gaga woke me up.  But then it’s just..” He rolled his eyes and looked away with his lips pouted.

Ga In glared at him again. She clenched her teeth and gave Kwon another smack on the head. “Aish. What do you mean it’s just huh?” Ga In slightly raised her voice as another smack landed on Kwon’s head. “Yah, you don’t have a chance on Lady Gaga you babo. You might as well give up on her.”

“Ah what makes you sure that I don’t have a chance on her?” Kwon retorted as he shielded himself from her attacks. “I can dream you know!”

 

“Because you have a much slimmer chance of getting Lady Gaga. Might as well go for me, idiot.” Ga In smacked him on the head with her fist closed.

 

Kwon suddenly froze in his place. “Wait, what?” He looked at Ga In with a surprised expression, not minding the throbbing on his head. “What did you say, noona?”

Ga In got surprised too. Wait what did I say? “W- what.” She hid her embarrassment by making her voice sound tough. “Nothing. Just wake up. We’re going to reach the terminal in ten minutes.” Ga In awkwardly patted him on the shoulders before looking back at the outside scenery.

 

I swear she just said something about going after her. Kwon thought as he looked at Ga In with a confused expression.

 

 

“Noona, are you sure you don’t want me to take you to your house?” Kwon asked Ga In for the fifth time. The two of them are standing outside of the bus terminal, with Kwon gripping Ga In’s bag tightly. “Are you really going to be okay?”

Ga In sighed again before nodding. “Yes Jo Kwon, for the fifth time I’m going to be okay.” She tried to pull her bag away from Kwon. “I’ve lived her pretty much half of my life so I’m pretty sure I know my way around.” She pulled her bag again.

Kwon looked at her with an uncomfortable expression before letting the bag go. Ga In stumbled a little when he let go but regained her balance. “Finally.” She said. “Noona’s going okay?” Ga In gave him a smile. “Say hi to Ommoni and Appeoji for me. I’ll try to stop by tomorrow or before we go back to Seoul.”

He nodded like a kid. Ga In smiled again and extended her hands to fix his hair. “I’ll message you when I reach home.” She grabbed her other bag that was sitting on the floor. Ga In gave him one last smile before turning around to walk away.

“Noona!!”

Ga In turned around when Kwon called her. “What?” She looked at him with an irritated expression. Kwon wanted to ask her about the thing she said earlier but he found himself shaking his head and giving her a wave of goodbye. Ga In let out a small laugh before waving back.

 

“I wonder if what she said earlier is true now…” He uttered to himself as he watched his noona hail a taxi cab and left him in the terminal with a confused thought.

 

“Aigoo.  Look who’s finally awake.”

 

Kwon looked dazily at his smiling mother who passed by him carrying a big bowl. “Huh?” He rubbed his eyes and tried to open them as wide as he can. “I… huh?” Kwon shook his head, hoping that it’ll wake him up. “I fell asleep?”

He got startled when he heard a low chuckle from his right side. “No, Jo Kwon. I knocked you out with a punch.” He noticed a hint of sarcasm from the tone of his father’s voice. “Aigoo. Jo Kwon.” He stood up and stretched before going to Kwon’s direction to pat him on the head. “This is what I missed in the house.”

Kwon gave his father a small smile. When Kwon stood up, he noticed that he was still wearing the clothes that he wore when he was in Seoul. His bags were also scattered on the floor.  “Huh? I fell asleep on the couch without even changing or fixing my things?” He thought out loud.

“Yes you did.” His mother replied as she walked past him again this time with a big tray. “You and your father were talking when you suddenly dozed off.”

Kwon blinked as he watched his mother carry the tray off to the kitchen. I dozed off in the middle of a conversation? Was I really that tired? He saw a glimpse of his father’s back on the kitchen’s frame way.  “Omma, what’s the time?” He shouted as he grabbed the messy bags on the floor.

“Half-past five in the afternoon!” She shouted back.

Kwon got surprised with the time. So I slept for almost four hours? He sighed and started to make his way up to his room to start fixing his things.  “Oh Kwon-ah!” He suddenly stopped when he heard his father’s voice.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Go to Ga In’s place and pick her up. Her dad told me that no one’s going to be home at their house during the weekend so she’s going to sleep here.”

 

Kwon’s pace suddenly slowed down when he realized that he was a few feet away from Ga In’s house. Go to Ga In’s place… His father’s words replayed in his head again. He wondered if Ga In originally knew that her parents will not be home to see her or if she really knew no one’s home and she just wanted to be alone.

He noticed that something was off with her after their sudden performance at the Spring Festival. Kwon watched Ga In’s movements when they headed off to a meat restaurant to celebrate their loss against a boy who can perform magic. He noticed that Ga In barely touched her food and would fluctuate from being quiet to being noisy and teasing Seulong.

Kwon also noticed that she always held onto her phone tightly and would check it whenever it lights up. He tried to ignore the small changes in her movement and attitude but he realized that he can’t. 

 

That’s what love does to you, Kwonnie. You’ll always notice every single thing that she does as long as you have feelings for her. Narsha’s words echoed in his mind, making him sigh out loud.

 

“Noona?” Kwon spoke, without pressing the doorbell or knocking on their wooden gate. Ga In’s house stood out among the houses on the street because they were the only ones who made a wooden gate instead of a metal gate. “Ga In noona, are you home?” He tried again with a louder voice.

He waited for a few minutes, hoping that Ga In heard him and was just rushing down to get the door. But the few minutes trickled by quickly, making him suspect that she’s ignoring his calls. Kwon sighed and walked away from the front to the back of the house where he’ll enter through his secret entrance.

When he was in their second year of High School, Kwon built a secret entrance at the back of Ga In’s house that only he and her father know. Ga In’s father discovered his creation — he loosened one of the wooden boards of their back gate to be able to enter their garden — when Kwon tried to sneak in when Ga In called him in the middle of the night to help her with her homework. Instead of getting angry with him, he was impressed because no one was successful in breaking his architecture and that Kwon did not tell Ga In about his secret entrance. Ga In’s father even made the entrance a bit wider so that he can still use the entrance if he really needs to.

Kwon knocked on the loose board to check if no one tampered with his creation. When he heard a hollow sound, he immediately pushed it and got inside their garden. He looked around and saw that the garden is filled with more flowers, suspecting that everything is Ga In’s creation. He then looked up at the second floor where Ga In’s room is located. “Huh. No lights?” Kwon said when he saw that Ga In’s room did not show any sign of occupancy.

He then looked down to the kitchen window. “Eh? Still no lights?” Kwon said, now feeling worried. “What the hell? I thought she said she’s heading home.” He looked around for any sign of life. “Aish.”

 

“SON GA IN!!” Kwon shouted as he headed towards the entrance of Ga In’s home. “SON GA IN I SWEAR IF YOU DO NOT ANSWER ME I WILL KI—“ He suddenly stopped when his head turned towards the front door.

 

Kwon saw his noona sitting down on the small stairs of their front door hugging her knees and her head hung low. Her bags were beside her and Kwon guessed that she threw them on the floor based on the way that they were arranged. He noticed that she was holding her phone tightly again.

“Noona?” Kwon cautiously spoke, not wanting to scare Ga In. “Are you okay?” He tried to move his legs but he found himself frozen in his place.

There was no answer from Ga In, so Kwon tried again. “Ga In noona.” But this time he forced his legs to move to Ga In’s direction. “Noona…”  His voice sounded soft when he bent down to be on the same level as her. 

 

“Noona look at me.” Kwon gently placed his hands on Ga In’s shoulder.

 

His touch felt like a signal to Ga In. She immediately looked up with her puffy eyes to her younger best friend. She watched Kwon’s expression change from looking curious to looking surprised. “Noona!” Kwon’s voice shot up. “Did you cry?” She felt both of his hands touch her shoulders and started to shake her lightly. “Wait what’s the matter?”

 

Ga In wanted to answer his question but instead, she broke down on his shoulders. Kwon got surprised when she leaned in and cried. He can feel his left shoulder getting wet. “Ga In noona…” He automatically wrapped his arms around her and hugged her.

 

 

“It’s alright. I’m here.” Kwon said, hugging her tighter.

Kwon went back to the front door with a glass of water in his left hand and a lollipop on his right. “Noona drink this.” He handed her the glass of water. Ga In looked at him with a blank expression and then swopped the lollipop out of his hand. “AH WHAT THE HECK?” Kwon shouted. “That was supposed to be mine!!”

Ga In stuck her tongue out to him, still wearing the blank expression. She struggled to open the lollipop but her hands won’t stop shaking. Jo Kwon sighed and held her hand, then tore the wrapper apart, revealing the cherry-flavored lollipop. “Aish.” He grumpily sat down beside her and drank the glass of water.

He suddenly heard Ga In giggle. “What? Are you laughing at me again?” Kwon snapped at her with an irritated expression.

“Mm.” Ga In nodded. She laughed a little when she saw his annoyed expression worsen. Ga In playfully patted his head to make-up for stealing his candy.

“Noona, can I now ask what’s wrong?” She heard him ask. “Who made you cry?”

Ga In on the lollipop harder. She knew Kwon wouldn’t give up on the topic; that’s how persistent he is. Ga In wanted to skip the topic and just annoy Kwon until she is satisfied, but she knew that the more she avoided answering him, the more he’ll try to get something out of her.

 

“It’s just Doojoon.” Ga In made a small popping sound when she took the lollipop off . “He told me we needed a break.”

 

Kwon looked at Ga In with his eyes wide open. “EHH??” He leaned in closer to her. “DOOJOON SAID WHAT?!!? WHY?”

“He said that he felt unfair when I didn’t tell him that I drank with you guys.” Ga In answered with a frail voice. “He said I should’ve told him that I drank and passed out.”

 

Kwon looked serious when Ga In answered his question. As expected, noona did not remember the kiss. Doojoon’s reason doesn’t even make sense.” He accidentally blurted out the continuation of his thoughts. “What kind of logic does he have?”

Ga In looked sharply at Kwon. “I mean.” She noticed that Kwon’s expression suddenly became stiff. “Why would he decide to take a break with a childish reason? Yah you just drank with your friends!” He said. “It’s not like you drank with a stranger or—“Kwon gulped before continuing. “Did something wrong with—someone.”

 

“Besides, Doojoon’s making a dumb move if he’s really thinking of taking a break with you.”

 

Ga In felt that she saw Kwon in a new light when he uttered his last comment.  She felt like he’s trying to tell her something through his words. But it seems so cryptic. It’s like he’s trying to tell something to me but hides it so well.

“Noona? Are you okay?” Ga In saw Kwon waving his hands in front of her. “You look like you’re about to doze off or something.”

Ga In shook her head and forced a small smile. “Huh? Yeah I’m okay.” She sighed and leaned her head on Kwon’s shoulder, pushing the latter thought to the back of her mind and decided that she’ll deal with it later. “Kwon-ah.” She automatically wrapped her arms on Kwon’s right arm for support. “What do I do? Did I do something wrong? What if he’s really going to break up with me?”

 

Kwon tried so hard not to get distracted with Ga In’s sudden skinship. Aish. This should feel natural but now it doesn’t. It feels really… tempting… to…. k— Jo Kwon stop it! He gave his head a light shake, hoping that Ga In did not notice it. Your noona has a problem, fix it.

“Eyy.” Kwon raised his right arm to give Ga In a small nudge of reassurance. “Don’t think of those kinds of stuff, noona. I’m sure Doojoon is just being the ignorant brat that he is.”  He extended his left hand and touched Ga In’s cheek. “He’ll come to his senses, don’t worry.”

“If he doesn’t, then I will tear him from limb to limb for making the dry and emotionless Son Ga In cry.”

 

Kwon felt relieved when he heard Ga In’s laugh. “Yah!” He felt her weight off his arm and a throbbing pain on his nape. “Who are you calling emotionless?”

“Yah.” He looked at her with an amused expression. “Do you not know how you react every day?” Kwon laughed and stood up to face Ga In. “Hello.” He mimicked her voice with a straight face. “I’m Son Ga In. Nice to meet you.”

Kwon suddenly crunched his face and started to utter words in a quick manner. “Yah yah! I don’t look like that!” Ga In protested while trying to hold her laughter in. “You look like a rapping halmoni!”

“This is how noona looks when she’s angry at me.” Kwon stuck his tongue out to her and resumed copying Ga In’s expressions. Ga In can’t help but laugh at his silly mimicry — hearing her laugh made him happy and reassured that he’s done doing his job — make Ga In feel better again.

Kwon stopped and let out a small laugh before extending his hand. Ga In looked at him with a blank expression before taking his hand and giving him her half-moon smile. He naturally helped her to stand up.

“Don’t be so hard on yourself, noona. You didn’t do anything wrong.” He gave her a reassuring smile. “Doojoon should consider himself lucky that he’s dating noona. He should trust you more.” Kwon turned away from her to pick up her scattered things.

Ga In looked at Kwon curiously. Here he goes again with his cryptic messages. She thought as she watched Kwon place her BB cream back to her bag. “Lucky? Why do you think so?”

 

“Because you’re Son Ga In.” Kwon replied without looking at her. “I’d seriously trade places with Doojoon just to have you.”

 

Ga In felt her heart skip a beat once again, just like yesterday. “Noona, let’s go?” She felt her cheeks turn red when Kwon finally faced her with a smile and her bags on both of his arms. “Omma and Appa are expecting me to bring you home so don’t try to worm your way out of this one.”

Ga In blinked then nodded. Kwon cocked his head and opened the gate for her. He motioned her to go out first. Ga In looked at him and ignored the voice that suddenly rang in her head.

 

 

I think you made a mistake, Ga In.

 

The two of them walked side-by-side for an hour. Ga In forgot all about her troubles with Doojoon thanks to Kwon’s continuous nags and distractions.

 

“Noona, did you pack more stuff again? I swear this bag was lighter before you got home.”

“Oh I noticed that there were more flowers in the garden. Yah you’re making Omoni suffer! You do know that you’re studying in Seoul so she has to take care of your flowers right? But they do make your garden pretty~”

“I wonder how Jinwoon, Changmin hyung and the noonim-deul are doing. Never mind Seulong hyung because I know he’s enjoying himself in Daejeon.”

“Noona, you still haven’t told me about that project BEG of yours!”

 

“Ah Jo Kwon your endless nags is killing me.” She said followed by a loud sigh. “Can you keep quiet for a few minutes?” Ga In looked at Kwon who was about to protest to her demands. “A few minutes of silence or else I will run back home and tell Ommoni and Appeoji that you forgot to fetch me.”

Kwon opened his mouth and hastily closed it, following Ga In’s demand. Ga In smirked and enjoyed the few moments of silence. She looked to her right and saw that Kwon puffed his cheeks. Ga In giggled before poking his cheeks, letting out the air that he huffed in.

“Yah what was that for!” Kwon snapped at her. “I was trying my best to be quiet you know!”

“Ah ah.” She smirked at Kwon. “You spoke. I change my mind. I’m not going back to the house because I miss your parents. So just give me a piggyback ride as your punishment.” Ga In stopped and crossed her arms.

Kwon looked astonished with the sudden change of heart of his noona. “Yah. Am I your toy?” He looked at her with an irritated expression. Ga In smiled at him and nodded. “Wah~ this is just…” Kwon shook his head in disbelief and bent down so that Ga In can ride on his back. “Wah~”

Ga In happily jumped on Kwon’s back and placed her arms around his neck. “Let’s go~!” She exclaimed. Kwon sighed and pushed Ga In up so he can retain his balance before continuing their journey.

 

“Kwon-ah.”

“Hm?”

“Who’s your ideal type?” Ga In laughed at herself for asking a silly question. They were only a few blocks away from his house and Ga In felt uncomfortable that no one has uttered a word for the past 30 minutes.

She immediately regretted asking the question because she knew what his answer would be.

 

“Lady Gaga!”

 

Ga In slapped his head lightly. “Ah what was that for?!” Kwon snapped at her. “You asked me a question, I answered, and you reply with a smack on the head?” He tried to glare at her but he knew that she wouldn’t see his face anyway. “You’re really a fun package, aren’t you?” Kwon said sarcastically.

He received another slap in the head. “Now what?!”

“Yah I told you to stop daydreaming and be realistic.” Ga In said while she shook her head. “You don’t have a chance of getting her. Heck she wouldn’t even notice you even if you dance to her songs a million times.”

“Then I’ll dance to her song for a billion times!” Kwon said feeling determined all of a sudden. He felt another slap on his head. “Ah why do you keep on slapping me? You’re going to give me amnesia at this rate!”

 

Ga In giggled before patting his head again. “Tch. Even if you do acquire amnesia, I can assure you that you won’t forget about me.” She leaned her head to the side on the back of Kwon’s head and felt his hairs poking through her cheeks. “Besides, you have a much more chance of getting me than getting your idol.”

 

Said the girl who has a lifetime crush on Park Jinyoung sunbaenim. “Noona are you listening to yourself right now?” He let out a fake laugh to stop the smile that’s starting to form on his face. “You’re not really making sense. I bet you’re hungry.”

“Yah I’m telling the truth though” She leaned to his right and tried to look at Kwon’s expression. “If we’re being realistic here, Lady Gaga wouldn’t bat an eye on you even if the two of you are the only human beings left on this earth. She’s too high for you.” Ga In coughed. “So you should aim for someone who’s just a little bit higher than you.”

 

Kwon laughed. “So you’re trying to tell me that I should change my ideal type to you?”

 

Ga In got surprised with Kwon’s sudden comment. “Wha– what. N– No…” She gave him another smack in the head. “I’m saying that you should go for someone whose not that far away from you. Someone who’s real. Babo.” She closed her eyes. Son Ga In what is happening to you? Why are you being weird?

 

 

“Whatever you say, noona.” Kwon smirked.

 

“OMMAAAAA!!!” Ga In suddenly opened her eyes when she heard Kwon shriek. “Look who I picked up on the street!!”

Ga In looked over Kwon’s shoulder and smiled widely when she saw Kwon’s mother welcoming them into their home. “Ommoni!” She slapped Kwon to bend down so she can greet his mother. “Ommoni! Long time no see!” Ga In smiled and hugged Kwon’s mother.

“Aigoo. Ga In-ah. It’s been a while.” Kwon’s mother hugged him back. “You should’ve just come with Kwon earlier! I could’ve used some help in the kitchen.”

“Ah. I needed to check the house because Appa told me that he might’ve forgotten to unplug his lamp.” Ga In replied. “Where is appeoji, by the way?”

Kwon’s mother pointed to the back of the house. “He’s grilling the meat right now. We’re going to have a feast since you two are home.” Both of them smiled at Kwon’s mother. “You’re room is ready. Still the same.” She said to Ga In.

“And Kwonnie, you didn’t tell me one of your friends is coming over to visit.” Kwon’s mother looked at his son who looked confused. “He said that he’s been trying to call you but you wouldn’t answer.”

Kwon raised an eyebrow. “Huh?” He took out his phone and got surprised with the number of missed calls and messages. “Omma, who’s visiting me?”

 

 “A young fellow named Yoon Doojoon. He said you’re his roommate.”

 

He saw Ga In froze. “He’s actually at the back helping your father to cook the meat.” His mother then looked at Ga In. “Ga In-ah. Is something wrong? You suddenly look pale.” She asked Ga In with a worried voice.

“Huh. Ah. It’s nothing.” Ga In got back to her senses and walked inside. She smiled at Kwon’s mother. “Did you just say that Appeoji is at the back?” Kwon noticed that Ga In tried to keep her voice intact. “Let me go and greet him.”

 

Kwon’s mother got surprised with Ga In’s brisk movements. Kwon bit his lips and quickly placed Ga In’s things on their couch. “I’ll bring that up later to her room!” He half-shouted as he tried to keep track with Ga In’s quick feet. “Noona, wait a minute…” Kwon said to Ga In, who completely ignored him.

 

“Oh. Ga In-ah!” Kwon’s dad looked at Ga In with a smile when he saw her emerge at their back yard. “You’re an hour late. I was expecting Kwonnie to bring you here under thirty minutes.” He chuckled.

“Hello Appeoji!” Ga In greeted Kwon’s father with a voice that she thought can pass as a happy one. “It’s been a while!”

Kwon’s dad nodded in agreement. “A year?” He smiled. “Oh, is Kwonnie with you? Cause this young man right here–” He pointed at Doojoon who looked at Ga In with a solemn expression. “is looking for him.”

 

Doojoon stood up and bowed at Ga In. “Hello.” He said in a small voice. “Can we talk?”

 

Kwon’s father got shocked when he heard Doojoon speak. “Doojoon, do you know Ga In?” He asked Doojoon who nodded. “Oh wow. Well I guessed Kwon introduced the two of you to each other. Well that would make sense.”

“Yes, your son did.” Doojoon looked at Kwon’s father and smiled. “Appeoji, can you excuse me for a minute? I promise I will finish everything after I have talked to Ga In.” He said. Kwon’s father smiled back at him and nodded.

 

Doojoon then carefully approached Ga In and held out his hand. Ga In looked at him with an unreadable expression before taking his hand. He led her to one corner of the yard and started to talk to her.

 

 

“Appa!” Kwon huffed, as if he ran for a few days. He tried to keep track with Ga In but his mother stopped him before he can even reach Ga In. She scolded him for not taking Ga In’s things up immediately. Kwon had to quickly drop her things on her room that was beside his room and ran back down, hoping that Ga In did not step out of the yard.

“Hello Kwon. You look like you just did a cross-country marathon.” His father chuckled. “Do you mind helping your old man for a little bit since my helper got busy?”

Kwon looked at the direction where his father glanced at. His heart sank when he saw Doojoon holding Ga In’s hand and talking seriously. He slowly walked to his father’s direction, not taking his eyes off his two friends.

“Kwon-ah. Are you okay?” He faintly heard his father ask him.

 

Before Kwon can answer his father, he Doojoon lean in and grab Ga In for a hug. Kwon expected Ga In to push him away, but as usual, his expectations failed him.

 

Right now, there are two dazzling people

And me, who is poorly acting

I try to scold myself for being such a fool

But my heart is still heading toward you

 

“Mm. I’m okay.”

 

It’s always going to be like this, Jo Kwon; but you do know that there’s still a small glimmer of hope because of what happened today. At least you know that Narsha noona is right.

For the meantime, I think I should learn how to act properly; to not show any weak spot to Ga In noona. Seulong hyung might give me free acting lessons if I asked the noonim-deul for help.

 

————

a/n:

HELLO EVERYONE I AM SERIOUSLY BACK!! LOL. Sorry for the super delay (A week and a few days, I think?) I just got so busy with school stuff. I mean each of my professors just dumped a whole lot of workload and I can't stop doing each and every one of them because of the deadlines. OTL I'M REALLY REALLY SORRY. T.T 

So anyway, here's the update! IDK if this will satisfy you guys (I hope it does tho). I wanted to show the uhm.. future of Doojoon and Ga-in's relationship. /evil laugh and how Kwon and Ga-in's complicated friendship works. There's actually another reason why Doojoon tried to break it off with Ga-in but that's going to be discussed on the upcoming chapters. I tried to write many AC moments as possible because I'm building up their well... I wanted to really show that there's something off with both of them...  that there's this hidden tension within Ga In and within Kwon that's just making them... I'm just going to stop lol. Kwon is still weak when it comes to Ga-in so he concluded that he should learn acting from Actor Ong (Who got the second lead role in the new MBC Drama "Hotel King"! Congrats Actor Ong!) so we'll see how that will turn out.

I hope everything is well now that Ga-in surprised us by releasing another duet with Kwon on her third mini album. I'm not even going to talk about everything that has happened because it's just plain rubbish. Let's just all be happy and I'll continue writing fics until I run out of ideas hihihi. Plus her recent (or rather the interviews that he did during the start of her ToD promotions) interviews kind of speak for themselves sooo anyway. Whatever. lol.

Sorry for making everyone wait. I really am. I hope you guys forgive me. OTL Thank you for seriously waiting. I'm going to exert more effort in the upcoming chapters to make up for everything.

Comments, suggestions, violent reactions are always welcome in the comment box. :)

TO MY READERS(ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE MY OLD AND NEW SUSBSCRIBERS AND TO MY SILENT READERS): IDK HOW MANY TIMES I NEED TO APOLOGIZE TO YOU GUYS FOR WAITING. T.T It's just.. crap. IDK. but I really am sorry for making you guys wait. I promise to work harder. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR STILL STICKING AROUND. /bows90degrees

Happy (belated) 8 years with BEG to you guys! :D Let's continue to support 2AM and BEG! :D Till the next update! :D and thank you again~ ^___^