Can You Keep A Secret?

Daily Songs

 

Last Week of March - Saturday. Time: 7:00 am

 

Darkness.

I was staring at the pure darknesss of our room.

 

Even though it's 7 in the morning according to my clock, our room was pitch black. Sun can't come in because I shut our curtains. My head still hurts a little bit because of the party last night. I should be sleeping this off but instead I found myself staring at our ceiling the minute I arrived here at our room last night.

Meanwhile, there was the sound of snoring and gritting of teeth on Doojoon's side. He was knocked out. Jinwoon and Changmin hyung brought him over 30 minutes after I arrived last night. I asked the two if they know how many drinks he had, they didn't know.

The snoring grew louder and I was caught off guard. This is the first time that I've heard him snore like crazy. “I guess only alcohol can make Yoon Doojoon snore like a bear.

 

Yoon Doojoon. His name rang in my head again.

 

Many thoughts rushed in my mind when I looked at the sleeping Doojoon. Thoughts like getting out of bed and screaming out loud, get out of the room and run until I give in to fatigue, leave the dorm building and look for a new place to stay. But the most extreme one that entered my mind was to wake him up and punch him in the face.

 

No, beat the hell out of him.

 

Instead of doing one of those things, only a sigh came out from me and I utterred some bitter words before I turned around to face the wall and try to sleep this feeling off.

 

 

“Doojoon-ah. You're a lucky guy. 

 

Last Week of March - Friday. Time: 12:30 pm

 

“Yah. You guys haven't forgot about the party later, right?” Seulong hyung asked.

 

The four of us, him, me, Jinwoon and Changmin hyung were eating at a restaurant outside the campus. Seulong hyung whined that we're always eating the same food so we decided to go out of school for a change.

“How can we forget about that hyung?” I said. “That's the only thing that you talk about after your try-outs.

Seulong hyung's eyes widened. “Really?” He asked us innocently. “Are you sure?

I was about to reply to his question when Jinwoon suddenly took out his phone and shoved it into Seulong hyung's face. Changmin hyung did the same thing too. “Yah~ Im Seulong. I'm already a junior and you're still inviting me to this party?

He slapped the phones away and turned to Changmin hyung's direction. “Ah but hyung~” Seulong hyung's voice was full of cuteness and fluffiness. “I want you to be there because I think you're a cool hyung. Oh! Plus I want you to sing! You know I like to brag about you and your amazing voice.” Ah indeed, Seulong hyung was bribing Changmin hyung to attend the party.

“Really?” And the big hyung fell for it. He was smiling from ear to ear, and Im Seulong hyung was grinning to him. I saw Jinwoonie shook his head in disbelief. “Alright, hyung will go.

Seulong hyung smiled. “And how about you two?” He snapped at us.

“I'm there.” Jinwoon answered quickly. “You said that you're going to introduceme to some of your friends.” Seulong hyung gave him a thumbs up. He was now looking at me.

More like glaring. “It depends on my mood, Ongseulee hyung~” I wanted to first. 

“Yah what mood.” He looked amused. “Are you kidding me? You know that you have to go, right? Or else some girl who's half monster and who's always wearing eyeliner will hunt you down.

I was going to say something to hyung but my phone beeped.

 

From: Ga In noona; 12:43 pm

Jo Kwon~ ^^

Don't you dare ditch me later. I will kill you while you are sleeping if I won't see your irritating face at the welcoming party.

Remember to eat well~ ^^

 

“Wah~ Noona is seriously good at threatening me at the right time.” My thoughts suddenly came out.

“Yo, Ga In texted you?” Seulong hyung quickly grabbed my phone before I could reply to her. He started to laugh. “Yah~ This person is really~” He shook his head, still laughing. “Wow.

“Why why?” Changmin hyung looked curious. “What did Ga In tell Kwonnie?

Seulong hyung looked at me and smiled slyly. I don't know if he's trying to get my permission to read noona's message to me. Well, if I say no, he would still read it since the phone is with him. “Ah whatever.” I shot him one last glare before angrily going back to my food.

Hyung cleared his throat before speaking. “Jo Kwon~” He changed his voice to a cute tone. “That's with a very happy emoticon.” Jinwoon made a weird sound while Changmin hyung elbowed me, making me choke a little bit on my rice.

“Don't you dare ditch me later. I will kill you while you are sleeping if I won't see your irritating face at the welcoming party. Remember to eat well.” Seulong hyung's voice changed from cute to scary to cute again making the eldest and the maknae laugh out loud.

“Ah. Seriously.” Seulong hyung gave me back my phone. “How do you stand that woman, Kwon-ah?

I placed my phone inside my bag. “Years and years of practice hyung.

“But hyung, I'm curious about something.” Jinwoon spoke. I looked at him with and nodded.

 

“Is something going on with you and Ga In noona?

 

My food was suddenly stuck in my throat. Changmin hyung was quick to grab my glass of water and shove it down my throat. He then patted my back to relieve the pain. “Eh? What are you saying.” I said as I unconsiously took deep breaths. “Tch. Me and Ga In noona?” My breathing was now okay. “That's ridiculous.

There was a moment of awkward silence. Their faces became sullen when I told them a lie that I deeply regret saying.

 

“Aww.” Changmin hyung was the first one to break the silence. “You two would've been cute if you dated.

Jinwoon nodded. “Mm Changmin hyung is right.” He gave me a thumbs up. “You two suit each other really well.

“Both small and annoying...” Seulong nodded. “Best couple ever in my opinion.

 

I can't believe that those words came out from my friends' mouths. Weird, they like the idea of me and Ga In noona dating. I found myself unconsciously smiling.  “Yah. Yah.” Seulong hyung started to make noise again. “Look, our Kwonnie is smiling.” He started to clap like a seal. “Someone likes Son Ga In~

“EH?! NO!! THAT'S NOT IT HYUNG!

But the three of them didn't listen to me. They were busying making weird noises and clapping crazily. “But seriously, Kwonnie hyung.” Jinwoon was the first one to stop. “If you like her, then you should go for it.

 

“If I like her...?” My mind started to wander. What would happen if I confessed to Ga In noona...

 

Seulong hyung snapped his fingers and I was brought back to reality. “Yo, Kwon-ah. What are you thinking about?

“Eh? Nothing.” I said. “Yah, if I tell you guys a secret, would you keep it until you all die?” I was suddenly feeling confident in confiding to these three idiots called my friends about my suppressed feelings for Ga In noona.

Jinwoon and Seulong hyung nodded silenty. “Of course.” Changmin hyung was the only one who vocally agreed.

“You guys seriously swear you will keep this one?” They nodded. “Hold on. Let me write a written contract.” The contract was unnecessary, but I like to play with them just this once. I ignored their loud protests and wrote down on a clean sheet of paper:

 

JO KWON'S DEEP DARK SECRET

This contract states that Lee Changmin, Im Seulong and Jung Jinwoon should keep Jo Kwon's secret until the day that they die (of course not too soon). If one of them fails to keep their mouths shut, then the three of them will become Jo Kwon's slave until they are forgiven of their sins.

 

LEE CHANGMIN                             IM SEULONG                               JUNG JINWOON

 

JO KWON (Witness and Contract maker)

 

I quickly signed my funny contract and passed it to them. “Yah. SLAVE?!” Seulong hyung shouted at me. “Are you kidding me?

“I wish I was hyung. But I'm dead serious about that.” Seulong hyung shot me a deadly glare before hastily signing the paper. Jinwoon was the last one to sign, as usual and handed me tha paper. I folded it and safely kept it in my wallet. “Alright. You guys swore to secrecy. I'm only going to say this once. 

They nodded and looked at me with great anticipation. Here we go.

 

 

“Honestly, I have feelings for Ga In noona. I like-- No. I'm in love with Son Ga In.

 

Last Week of March - Friday. Time: 9:20 pm

 

“Wah~ This is no joke.

 

Doojoon, Jinwoon and I entered the club that Seulong hyung rented for the night and was welcomed by the booming sound of the stereo. Now how did Jinwoon get it without being blocked by security? Ask Seulong hyung. As we walked in, the dance floor was packed with people dancing and socializing. “Hyung, where are they?” Jinwoon shouted at me.

“I don't know.” I tapped Doojoon, who was busy craning his neck. “Can you see them?

He shook his head. “Try texting any one of them.” Any one of them? Well...

 

To: Ga In noona; 9:37 pm

Noona! Where are you? I'm already here but I can't see you.

 

“Yah. Let's get something to drink first.” Doojoon tapped my shoulders and poked Jinwoon. “If we just stand here near the dance floor, we might get hit by those who are dancing..” He looked at the dance floor and sighed. “Crazily.

The two of us nodded and we made our way to the open bar. Doojoon was the first one to order his drink. “This is free right?” He asked the bartender who nodded. “Assa!” Without even going for the salt and lemon, Doojoon drank his shot of tequila. He banged the shot glass at the table and asked for another one. “Aren't you guys going to drink?

“Hyung, I'm still underage remember.” Jinwoon said in a small voice. 

“Pass.” I said as Doojoon's gaze shifted towards me. “Maybe later.” The night was still young, so why get wasted when the party is just starting. Doojoon shrugged and helped himself with the free alcohol. “Yah, Jinwoon-ah. Want to--” My phone suddenly beeped.

 

From: Ga In noona; 10:10 pm

Kwon-ah? We're at the second floor. It's too crowded below. Inside room 01.

 

Kwon-ah? Why would noona call me when she knows that I was the one who messaged her. “Jinwoonie. Doojoonie. They're at room 1.

“I'll go with you guys later.” Doojoon stood up from his seat with a beer in his hand. I wondered when did he change drinks. “I need to get the feel of this party.” He saluted the two of us before disappearing at the dance floor.

Jinwoon looked at Doojoon weirdly. “Is Doojoon hyung drunk?

“I don't know.” I saw a glimpse of him chatting with a girl. That was fast. “Come on. Let's go to your hyungs and noonas.

 

The two of us finally arrived in front of room 1 after 10 minutes of making our way through the rowdy crowd of the first floor. I motioned the maknae to knock on the door.

“Omo. You two are late!” It was Narsha noona who greeted us. We said our greetings and bowed to her. “What are you two doing? Still being formal. We're at a party! Come on.” She dragged the two of us inside.

The noonas and Changmin hyung were the only ones present inside. “Where's Seulong hyung?

“Ongseulee is getting us something to drink.” It was Ga In noona who answered my question. “Kwon-ah~ Come here for a second.

I'm pretty sure I saw Jinwoon and Changmin hyung exchange sly glances at each other before going on with their business. I gave them a cold look before sitting beside Ga In noona. “What is it noona?

She giggled before whispering to my ear. “Let's have a drinking contest.

“Noona, are you drunk?” I accidentally said that out loud. She shook her head vigorously and grabbed the bottle that was in fron of her. I tried snatching the bottle away but she placed it behind her back and stuck her tongue out like a little kid. “Aish. Son Ga In, give me that bottle. You know you're alcohol tolerance is waaaaaay high than me.” That was said with a very sarcastic tone.

 

She silently shook her head and pushed me away. “Stop being a party pooper, Kwonnie oppa. Let Ga Innie drink for once.

 

I can feel everyone's eyes at the two of us when she called me oppa. I was trying to control my expression but deep down I was jumping up and down in happiness. This is not the first time that she called me oppa, though. Back when she sneaked in alcohol at her graduation party, she got drunk for the first time and unintentionally called me oppa. Of course, I laughed that off. But this time, it's different.

“Omo.” Jea noona spoke. “Ga In called someone other than Changmin "oppa". Wow.” She was obviously amazed. “This is the first time that I've seen Ga In's drunk behavior.

“And it's all thanks to our Kwonnie.” Seulong hyung's voice boomed inside the room. “Good thing I was just in time to hear that, Kwonnie oppa.” He winked. “Is everyone here?” Seulong hyung scanned the room.

“Doojoonie hyung is not here. He's downstairs socializing.” Jinwoon answered Seulong hyung's question. He nodded then passes everyone a bottle of beer except for Jinwoon, who got a bottle of club soda.

Seulong hyung cleared his throat rather loudly. I'm guessing that he's on the brink of getting drunk. “How do I say this? Er.” He awkwardly looked around. “Thanks? For showing up. Son Ga In!” He pointed at Ga In noona, who glared at him. “Thank you for helping out with this. Without you, I don't think this party would be this wild.

Ga In noona smiled at him. “And to all of you.” I noticed that hyung looked like he was about to cry. “Seriously. Thank you.” He sniffed. Does Seulong hyung cry whenever he gets drunk? 

The noonas, Changmin hyung and Jinwoon were laughing at Seulong hyung. Meanwhile, Ga In noona was quiet beside me. Another sign that she's drunk. “Ah Seulong-ah. Stop the drama and let's just have fun.” Miryo noona shouted over the loud music. She motioned us to raise our glasses.

 

“Cheers!” Jea noona was the one who screamed happily.

 

Every one looked away as we drank from our bottles. “Yah. Kwon-ah.” Seulong hyung shouted from the other side. “Want to do a dare?

“What dare?

He was smiling like an idiot again. “Do one love shot with Ga In.

Everyone cheered, especially Jinwoon and Changmin hyung. I think I'm regretting spilling my secret to those three idiots. “Why~?” I tried to get out of this situation by acting cute.

“Jo Kwon. You know acting cute won't work on me.” Seulong hyung said while laughing. “I'm just asking for one.

“Hyung~” I pouted. “Noona. Do something.” I turned to Ga In noona and lightly tapped her arms.

Instead of reprimanding Seulong, she grabbed two empty glasses and made two servings of Soju bombs. “Here.” She shoved me one glass. “Let's just do it so Im Seulong won't bother you all night.

“Noona are you---” I stopped midway and remembered that she has her serious times when she's drunk. “Alright. Just tell me--

I was stopped again, but this time by Ga In noona. She suddenly linked our arms together and we were now positioned to do a love shot. I can feel my ears burning because our faces are only a few inches away from each other. And I can definitely smell alcohol from her breath.

“Omoooo~” Narsha noona squealed. “Look at Ga In getting all agressive! This is fun!

“Okay. On the count of three..” Jea noona shouted. “Everyone grab your phones!

“Wait.” I turned my head to their direction and they were quickly looking for their phones. “What? Yah what are you guys doing?

 

“One, Two, Three!” They all shouted.

 

Everything happened so fast. They were all cheering and taking pictures or videos of us doing a love shot. I found myself gulping down a glass of Soju bomb while glancing at Ga In noona's face. She was getting redder and redder, so I tapped her shoulder to ask her to stop but being the stubborn girl that she is, she continued to drink.

“One Shot! Love Shot! One Shot! Love Shot!” Jea noona and Seulong hyung were chanting while dancing. The other four howled and cheered in joy.

I breathed out a sigh of relief as I placed my glass down. Ga In noona was dazed, so I grabbed her glass and placed it on the table.“Yah~ As expected~” Seulong hyung clapped. “You two are really in synch.

“In synch... Like a couple!” Narsha noona exclaimed.

“Ah. My head suddenly hurts.” I heard Ga In noona murmured. I watched her with worried eyes as she stood up excused herself to go to the ladies' room.

 

As soon as Ga In noona was out of the room, Narsha noona sat beside me and poked me continuously. “Yah Kwonnie. Tell me honestly. Do you like Ga In?

“Eh? Noona?” My voice was full of surprise. “What makes you say that?

“Well.” It was Miryo noona who spoke. “It's just the way you move when you're with her. Body language.

An awkward laugh came out from me. “Eyy~ Noona. That's just how I behave when I'm with Ga In noona. Remember we practically grew up together.” I was trying to act cool. The noonas can't know that I like their dongsaeng. Not yet. “She's just like my real sister.” 

Narsha noona beside me chuckled and I saw Miryo noona raise her eyebrow at me. My other three friends were obviously fighting their laughter while Jea noona is busy eating by herself, not interested in the topic. “Whatever you say, Kwonnie. Whatever you say.” Miryo noona flashed me a smile. It's very obvious on her face that she doesn't believe me.

 

The seven of us drank and chatted for an hour and a half already. I was only half listening to Jea noona's monologue of different types of meat because I was worried about Ga In noona. “Yah Kwon-ah. Are you listening to me?

“Eh?” I blinked at her direction. “Ah. I'm sorry noona.” I flashed her an apologetic smile. “Can you guys excuse me? I'll just go to the men's room.” I bowed and stood up to get out of the room.

“Aigoo. I bet you guys that he's going to look for Ga Innie.” I heard Jea noona utter as I closed the door behind me. Noona, I'm really sorry. I'll listen to your meat monologue next time.

 

 

Once again, I battled with the rowdy crowd of the first floor. “Omo. How did the crowd get so big after only an hour?” People were pushing and dancing in the middle while the others were casually chatting at the sides.

“Ow!” I felt my clothes get wet as I accidentally bumped into someone.

“Ah~ My drinks! Yah watch where you're-- Hold on.” The girl looked at me closely. “You're the boy who bothered me at the convenience store.

I didn't catch what she said. “What?

“Ah. Nevermind.” Her voice hinted irritation. “I can't believe that I ran into you again after bothering me the last time. Ah. So annoying. MOVE!

I jumped in surprise as she shouted. She gave me one last glare before stomping off to the other side of the club. “Weird. What did I do.” I looked at the girl's back one last time before continuing my search for Ga In noona.

I finally saw a glimpse of her after searching for 30 minutes. A sigh of relief and an automatic smile spread across my face. “Ga In noo--” I couldn't continue to call her name out because she was talking with someone else. Smiling and laughing with someone else.

 

Doojoon and Ga In noona were intimately talking with each other at the bar.

 

I was frozen in my spot as I watched them talk intimately with each other. I noticed that Ga In noona was smiling from ear to ear and Doojoon was relaxed as ever. He then motioned the bartender for another drink and resumed talking with Ga In noona. Ah. Jo Kwon. No need to get jealous. I started to make a chant. They're just talking.

Sadly, I know deep down that the chant won't work. I'm starting to get jealous of Doojoon.

Suddenly, I saw Doojoon excuse himself. I noticed that he was going to my direction. “Omo. There's Kwonnie!” He reaised his right hand up when he was in front of me. I hastily gave him a high five. “What are you doing there standing? Go have fun!” He tapped me on the shoulder as he was about to go. 

“Hold on. Where are you going?” I grabbed his wrist and turned him around before he could go away. 

He wobbled when I turned him around. “Bathroom.” He suddenly shouted. The smell of alcohol was so strong in Doojoon's breath. He's obviously drunk. “Oh, I think noona over there is a bit drunk.” He sloppily pointed at Ga In noona's direction. “Can you ask her to--

“Don't worry. I got it.” I answered Doojoon before he can finish his sentence. He gave me a thumbs up and wobbled his way towards the men's room. That was the last time that I saw him.

I sneakily approached Ga In noona from the back. “BOO!

 

“What! Yah!” She threw her drink at my face when she turned around. “Jo-- Kwon...? Kwonnie oppa?

 

She was calling me oppa again. That gave me the signal that it's time to take Son Ga In home. “Noona, let's go over there. I'll treat you to another round.” I pointed at the exit. Her eyes widened and smiled at me. Good thing that she's drunk.

I offerred my hand and she took it, and we both went to the exit. “Where are we going exactly, oppa?

“Oh, you know.” I had to think fast before she figures out that I'm going to take her home. “The other went to another spot. They told me to find you and bring you there.” I took out my handkerchief and dried my face.

She nodded. “Yah, Kwonnie oppa.

“Huh?

“Give me a piggyback ride.

This feels like deja vu because I think this happened in my dreams... Oh wait. It sort of did. I sighed and sat down. “Fine. Hop in.

I heard her giggle before she jumped at my back. Holding her with one arm, I quickly took out my phone and texted Jea noona.

 

To: Jea noona; 11:59 pm

Noona, I'm going to your apartment to drop Ga In noona. She's really drunk. Can I know the password for your apartment?

 

I hope Jea noona is still in her senses and replies quickly. To my right, I can hear Ga In noona's small hiccups and fits of giggles.“Ga In noona? Are you okay?

 

“Huh? Mm.” She replied with a very cute voice that I rarely hear. “I'm always okay whenever I'm with my Kwonnie oppa.

 

I know she's really drunk but I can't help and smile whenever she calls me oppa. My phone suddenly beeped. “Ah. Thank goodness Jea noona is still okay.” Jea noona replied to my message with their apartment password.

Did something happen to Jea unnie?” Ga In noona's voice was suddenly filled with urgency and concern.

“Oh no. That was just nothing.

Ga In noona fell silent after my reply. We were halfway to her apartment when she suddenly spoke again. “Kwonnie oppa, can you keep a secret?

“A secret?” 

Noona started to laugh. “Ah. Why am I even asking this. Of course you can keep a secret.” I felt her head lean in my shoulders. “Don't tell anyone about this, okay?” She whispered in my ear. “This is between you and me.

“O.. Okay.” I stuttered. She giggled like a little girl again before whispering her secret.

 

“I think I'm having a crush on Doojoon.” She giggled. “I think I like him.

 

My eyes widened. I wanted to stop walking because I felt that my legs went weak. But noona might notice that something is wrong so I pushed myself to keep walking. “Ah. Really?” A dry and hoarse voice came out.

“Mm. Don't tell anyone about it!” She said like a little child. “Not even the unnies or babo Im Seulong. If you tell them--” She stopped talking.

“Noona?” I glanced at my right side, only to find her sleeping. “Aigoo. Noona.” I shook my head and continued heading towards her apartment.

 

After 10 minutes, I arrived at the building. Jea noona said that they live on the 6th floor. While waiting for the elevator, I felt Ga In noona's grip tighten and her breath go deep. She was now deeply sleeping. The elevator arrived and after a few seconds, we were already at the 6th floor. Jea noona said that their apartment number was 0601.

“Ah. Here's their apartment. Let's see.” I pouted my lips as I entered their code. “0206” The door beeped. I grabbed the doorknob and slowly opened their door.

 

“Wow~” Their apartment was really nice. It's a little messy with all the music sheets scattered on the floor of their living room but it was still nice. Classy, in my opinion. “Now where is Ga In noona's room...” I started to walk towards the four rooms that were on the right side of the living room.

A sigh of relief came out from me when I saw a sign indicating that the door on my right was noona's room. It would really be embarrassing if I entered the wrong room. I pushed the door open with my left leg and d for the light switch.

As expected from a person with OCD, her room was flawless and spotless. I gently placed Ga In noona down on her bed. She looked tired, but she still took my breath away even though she's sleeping. “Sleep tight noona.” I backed away from her bed and started to head out. 

 

“Huh.” A picture caught my attention as I was about to go out. It was a picture of the two of us. I was sleeping with my mouth slightly open as usual and she was smiling. My hand unconsciously touched the picture and I felt a small smile form. I glanced at her one last time before heading out of her room and their apartment.  

 

It was already half-past 12 when I exited their building. “Ah. It's already Saturday. A heavy sigh came out from me and I started to head back to our dorm.

 

I think I'm having a crush on Doojoon. I think I like him.

 

Ga In noona's words rang in my head again.

 

 

I laughed bitterly as I walked back to our dorm, hands in my pockets and my head down, trying to fight back the small tears that wants to come out and play with me in this cold night.

a/n:

Hello! Sorry for the late (?) update. I was caught up (again) with some schoolworks. OTL

I did this chapter backwards. LOL. I wrote Kwon contemplating before telling the reason why he was being sad and sappy so early in the morning. I hope you don't get confused. >.< Also, I didn't indicate whose POV is this but you guys know that this is Kwonnie. I'll just put an indicator if I decide to shift into third person again.

Chapter recap! LOL. Drunk Ga-in is fun to write. Calling Jo Kwon oppa lol. I didn't go all out though. Maybe I'll go all out the next time drunk Ga-in makes an appearance. So obviously, Kwonnie is frustrated with Ga-in's secret, hence his very violent thoughts about Doojoon on the first part. And his three friends are obviously Kwon-Ga-in shippers at the second part. lol.

And convenience store girl makes another appearance~ I wonder who she is...

Oh, and if you guys were wondering on who replied Kwon using Ga-in's number, it's Changmin. And the picture that Kwonnie saw on Ga-in's room is this one.

New and old subs plus silent readers: Thank youuuuu~ :3 and you know that your comments are deeply appreciated. :D

Till the next update! :D