Leave Me Alone

Daily Songs

|| G-Dragon - 삐딱하게 (CROOKED) ||

Flashback: Friday, 11:30PM; In front of Kwon's Dorm

“Aish there you are you little punk!”

Seulong stood up from the building's stairs and approached Kwon. “What the hell happened back there? Why did you cut me, huh? He took another step forward, cracking his knuckles. “You. You punk. You'll get it from me today.”

 

“Hold on, is that Soju I'm smelling?”

 

Seulong hurriedly stepped forward and smelled Kwon, who's head was bowed down. “Yah Jo Kwon, why do you smell like Soju? Did you and Ga In...?” He crossed his arms, and looked weirdly at Kwon.

However, Kwon did not speak, nor look at him. He pushed past Seulong and made his way to the building. “What the heck.” Seulong looked shocked. “You disrespectful punk! Come back here!” He followed Kwon and turned him around.

“What the heck Kwon? Why are you being–” Seulong stopped midway when he saw Kwon's face, after lifting it up with force.

 

“Kwonnie, did you cry?”

 

His voice softened as Kwon shrugged. “What's the matter? Did something happen?” He grabbed Kwon's shoulders, looking worried. “Did someone stole something from you? Where is your coat?” Kwon still wasn't speaking. He was looking over Seulong's shoulder.

“Come on Jo Kwon, you have to speak up.” Seulong said, feeling frustrated. “Speak up so I can help you.”

To his surprise, Kwon looked at him and smiled. Then, he released himself from Seulong's grip. He lightly patted Seulong at his arm before turning around to go inside the building.

“Hyung.” He stopped, back still Seulong.

 

“Thanks. But at this point onward, I think no one can help me.”

 

Seulong looked dazed as he watched Kwon walk inside their dorm building.

End of Flashback

---

“Another one, please.”

 

Kwon slid his glass back to the bartender, who gladly took it and poured him another glass of gin. “Wow, I've never seen a drunk guy to still be polite.” He chuckled. “I'm guessing either you're a really good guy when you're sober, or drunk enough to be nice to a stranger.”

Kwon ignored the bartender's comment. “Ookaaay. You seem to be in a more depressing and bad mood today.” The bartender handed him his drink. “This one's on me.” He smiled at Kwon, then turned around to fix the glasses.

Kwon sighed as he touched the edge of his glass. He wanted to thank the bartender, but that would break down the mystery wall that he already set up a few days ago I'll just give him a bigger tip when I leave. He gave himself a mental note before drinking his fifth glass of alcohol.

These past few days, Kwon has been hanging around random places to keep himself distracted. He's been skipping classes, and most importantly, avoiding his friends. He's been ignoring their messages and calls, and drowning himself in alcohol and running.

Kwon jolted a little bit when he felt his phone vibrate. “Jinwoonie.” He read the sender's name.

 

From: Jinwoonie; 11:00PM

Kwonnie hyung, where are you? Please stop avoiding us. Let me or Changmin hyung at least talk to you since I know Seulong hyung is not your favorite person as of the moment. Please answer this message, hyung.

I really miss you. ㅠㅠ

 

“I miss you too, Jinwoonie.” Kwon mutterred.  He let out a long sigh before putting his phone back into his pocket. “I wish I can talk to you guys, but I still need time to be alone.”

He raised his hand to signal the bartender for another drink. “Can you make it–”

“Soju?” The bartender cut him off. “What? Don't you think that I don't notice your pattern, Mr.... Someone.” He laughed, then turned around to get Kwon his soju.

“You sir,” The bottle clanked at the bar table as the bartender set it down in front of Kwon. “Have a pattern of starting off with gins, around four to six glasses. Then go on with your night here drinking at least five to eight bottles of soju before sobering up with three glasses of water and wobbling out of this bar.”

Kwon is impressed with the bartender. “You have very keen observation skills for a bartender.” He looked surprised as he poured himself a shot of soju.

“And that's the first non-alcohol thing you said to me since you stepped foot here.” The bartender smiled. “I'm not even done yet.”

“Really now? What else do you have, Bartender-ssi?” Kwon leaned back to his chair, looking curious.

 

“Bartender-ssi is actually Jang Wooyoung.” He did a V-sign, which amused Kwon before continuing. “Before you go home, either you'll sit down by the gutter a few feet from here and cry. Or you purposely pick a fight with some random strangers, but you let them win.”

 

Now Kwon is really impressed with the bartender. “How do you–”

“Know this? Well when you do those weird things, it's always around the time when I take out the trash, hence I see you just a few feet away.” Wooyoung said. “Plus your bruises look obvious. Have you considered going to the doctor, Soju-ssi?”

Kwon chuckled, and extended his hand. “Soju-ssi's name is Jo Kwon.” Wooyoung took his hand and shook it. “And no, I don't because I don't have time.”

“But you have time to cry or get purposely beaten up.” Wooyoung crossed his arms. “Do I have your permission to know the reason why?”

“Well, why don't you guess Wooyoung-ssi.” Kwon poured himself another shot of soju and drank it.

“Drop the 'ssi'. It makes me feel like I'm talking to one of my professors.” Wooyoung made a disgusted face, which made Kwon laugh a little. “I prefer just Wooyoung. I don't really care if you're younger. Well.. scratch that I do.”

“I'm 19 years old.” Kwon blurted out. For some strange reason, he felt comfortable talking to him. “So do I have to call you hyung?”

Wooyoung shook his head and smiled at him. “Nah. We're the same age. And I bet my job you're also a Kyunghee University student. Well anyway, my guess on why you're being weird is that you have a girl problem.”

Kwon poured himself another shot and raised it to Wooyoung, before drinking it in one go. “Very well said, Jang Wooyoung.” He poured another one, and drank it. “Well, yes and no. It's complicated.”

To his surprise, Wooyoung leaned and patted him on his shoulder. “I've been there. Drowning myself in alcohol to ease the pain away.” He leaned back and sighed. “But I'm telling you, it really won't help much.”

 

“You have to let go out to make the pain go away.”

 

Kwon blinked at Wooyoung when he spoke. Let go. Huh. Kwon shrugged and ignored Wooyoung's words.

As much as he wants to let her go, he can't. Something is holding him back from letting go.

 

After his fourth bottle, Kwon stood up to bid Wooyoung goodbye. “Woah leaving so soon? This is a first.” Wooyoung smirked a little.

“Well, I just want something different tonight. Like me talking to you.” Kwon took out his wallet and paid the tab. “So now you won't know what I would do after I leave this place.”

“I'm pretty sure it's still the same thing.” Wooyoung said. “Too bad I won't be able to see it.”

Kwon shook his head, and waved at Wooyoung before heading out of the bar.

On his way out, he accidentally bumped into another man who was holding two bottles of soju. Kwon didn't turn back to help the guy nor apologize to him. “Yah you punk! What the heck was that for?” The man shouted to Kwon.

Kwon ignored the shout and headed outside. He took a few steps forward, positioning below a street light. “1, 2, 3..” All of a sudden, he started to count.

 

“6, 7, 8, 9...”

“Look there he is!”

 

Kwon looked at the group of men who slowly approached him. “You little punk!” The man whom he accidentally bumped shouted. “You disrespectful little punk! Who do you think you are huh?” He grabbed Kwon by his collar, fuming with rage.

“Me?” Kwon smirked. “I'm the guy you bumped into earlier. You should've said sorry.” He sneered.

The man suddenly choked him. “Aish. You little punk. You shoud be the one apologizing!” He tightened his grip on Kwon's neck. “You bumped into me, and spilled my damn soju.”

“Well I guess you should have your eyesight check so you can see better.” Kwon managed to utter out.

 

BAM!

 

Kwon fell down on the cold, hard ground, his hands hugging his stomach. “My eyes checked? Seriously?” The man cracked his knuckles. “Lamest come back ever.” He kicked Kwon on his stomach and laughed. He then proceeded to kick him on the side of his head.

“Come on boys, let's teach this little kid a lesson.” Eight men was now surrounding a curled-up Jo Kwon.

 

 

Go on. I have no one. Everything is meaningless.

 

“Now, this sentence here is not really hard to translate in English...”

 

Seulong looked bored as he half-listened, half-day dreamed on their English class. Jinwoon was faithfully taking down notes and Changmin is just listening. “Yah. Changmin hyung.” He poked Changmin's head. “What time is it?”

“Time for you to stop asking me the time after five damn minutes. That's the time.” Changmin hissed. “Seriously Seulong, we're just halfway at this lecture and–”

“Can I ask you two hyungs to politely shut up because I can't concentrate?” Jinwoon glared at his hyungs.

The two eldest got surprised with Jinwoon's words, but they faithfully obeyed. After all, Jinwoon is their source of well... everything study related.

“Ah, Jinwoonie.” Seulong raised his hand to poke him, but retreated the last second. “Did Kwonnie reply to your message?”

With a sigh, Jinwoon shook his head. “I told him what you told me, but I added some things. Still no answer.” Jinwoon placed his pen down and faced Seulong. “Hyung I'm getting worried.”

“Aren't we all.” Changmin replied. “It's been a week since Seulongie last saw him.”

Seulong nodded. “I've also asked the noonas if they know the whereabouts of Kwon, they told me no... with a smack in the head.”

“How about Doojoon and Ga In?” Changmin asked Seulong. Before Seulong can answer Changmin, someone suddenly opened the door of their classroom, making everyone startled.

 

“Oh. Nice to see you join our class again, Jo Kwon-ssi.”

 

The three of them stood up from their seats and looked urgently at the door. They were shocked to see Jo Kwon carrying his book and his bag, wearing hoodie, snapback, shorts and sneakers. They saw him bow to the professor and apologize for not attending classes in a week.

“Something came up. I'm really sorry.” They saw him bow to the professor again.

“That's okay. Just make sure you can catch up on the things you missed. I have good faith in you, Jo Kwon.” The professor smiled at him. “Now go sit down.”

The three of them watched Kwon as he bowed to the professor. They got surprised when they saw Kwon sit at the empty chair beside the wall. “What the heck...” Seulong stared at Kwon as he took his notebook out and diligently took down notes.

Seulong looked at his friends, and saw the same expression from each of them. They were staring at Kwon's direction with a surprised look. “H– H– Hyung.” Jinwoon stuttered, still staring at Kwon's direction. “What the heck happened? Why is Kwonnie hyung sitting far away from us?”

But Seulong did not answer the maknae. He was too stunned to see Kwon far away from them.

“Yah guys.” Changmin spoke. “Is it just me or is Kwonnie wearing sun glasses?”

Seulong and Jinwoon looked closely at Kwon's direction. “Huh, Changmin hyung, you're right. He is wearing sun glasses.” Jinwoon announced. “Why? Is something wrong with his eyes?”

“Excuse me.” The professor called the attention of Changmin, Seulong and Jinwoon. “Can you three boys stop mumbling amongst yourselves there so I can discuss the topic properly?”

The three of them fell silent, and nodded at the professor's words. Jinwoon decided to forget everything, and just focus on the lecture. Changmin did the same, but Seulong is still staring at Kwon's direction.

 

I wonder what happened to him during his 1-week disappearance.

---

The class ended after an hour. Everyone was heading for the door, except Seulong, Changmin and Jinwoon who were racing to Kwon's direction.

 

“KWONNIE HYUUUUNGGGGG~!!!” Jinwoon was the first one who bear hugged Kwon.

 

Kwon winced when Jinwoon hugged him tightly. “Ow. Ow. OW JUNG JINWOON PLEASE PUT ME DOWN.” Jinwoon obeyed Kwon's orders, and let him down gently.

“Yah Kwon-ah. Where have you been?” Changmin asked him, with worry in his voice. “We've been calling and messaging you a lot. What happened?”

Jinwoon nodded in agreement. “We're really worried. Something might've happened to you or...”

 

“Jo Kwon why are you wearing sun glasses inside the classroom?”

 

Seulong's tone was sharp, making Jinwoon and Changmin stare at him. “It's really weird.” He slowly approached Kwon, who was frozen in his place. “And why wear that inside the classroom? Can you even see properly?”

“Seulong-ah.” Changmin looked at Seulong with concern. 

Kwon kept silent for a while. He watched Seulong approach him, before he gathered his things. “It's called fashion, Seulong hyung.” Kwon's voice trembled. “You should know this, since you're a big fashion maniac.”

“I should get going.” Kwon faced the three of them. “Don't want to be late for next class.” He pushed past his three friends... or at least tried.

 

Seulong was quick to grab his arm to stop him from leaving. “You're not going anywhere, hot shot.”

Kwon turned to Seulong, then brushed his hand away. “Hyung, I'm trying to be nice here.” He gritted. “Please let me go out.”

“Answer my question first.” Seulong grabbed his arm again. “Why the sunglasses?” He tightened his grip on Kwon's arm, which made him wince.

 

“H- Hy- Hyung. I think you're hurting Kwonnie hyung.” Jinwoon stepped  forward a little. “Hyung, he's wincing.”

“Seulong-ah. Stop it.” Changmin said with authority. “Just let him go. We can talk to him later after all our classes.”

But Seulong ignored his two friends. He grabbed Kwon and dragged him up to the blackboard, surprising Changmin and Jinwoon. “Come on Kwonnie. Answer hyung's question.” He glared at Kwon.

“Hyung, let me go.” Kwon said coldly to Seulong. “Seriously, I'm going to be late for my next class.”

Seulong  ignored Kwon's statement, and tightened his grip on Kwon's arm, making him wince in pain. “Stop being so shady, Jo Kwon. Do you know how much we were worried about you!” Seulong's voice boomed in the empty classroom.

“I know something's going on. Something's wrong.” Seulong stared at Kwon, eyes almost popping out of his head. “Ever since you went home from your date, you avoided us. Even Doojon doesn't know where you're hanging out. You're making your room mate worry.”

“Please. I have no room mate.” Kwon silently uttered.

 

“Did you say something?” Seulong looked at Kwon weirdly. Kwon shrugged in reply, making Seulong feel more frustrated and irritated at him. “DAMN IT JO KWON STOP HIDING SECRETS!” He clenched his right fist and raised them in the air, ready to strike Kwon.

Do it. Kwon gave Seulong a taunting look,

“Im Seulong-ssi, what the heck are you doing?”

 

The four of them turned their heads to the direction of the door. “Are you about to hit Jo Kwon-ssi?” Their English professor approached them, with hands on his waist. 

“Huh.” Seulong quickly dropped his arms to his sides. “Uhm. No. No. I was just fixing Kwon's clothes cause I er- hugged him.” He smiled awkwardly to their professor.

Their professor looked at Changmin and Jinwoon, who nodded right away. “Jo Kwon-ssi, is this true?” He turned to Kwon with a skeptic look.

The three of them turned to Kwon. Seulong prayed that Kwon will not rat him out.

“Yes, sir.”

Seulong sighed in relief when Kwon lied to their professor. “Very well. Now please go do your reunion somewhere else. I have a lecture coming up in this classroom in a few minutes.” The four of them bowed and quickly exited the classroom.

Jo Kwon quickly walked away from the classroom, ignoring his three friends who tried to keep up with his pace. “Damn, he's even fast when he walks.” Changmin complained.

“Kwon-ah!” Seulong shouted as soon as the four of them were a few feet away from the classroom.

Kwon stopped, back them. Seulong sighed and stopped as well, along with Jinwoon and Changmin.

 

“Please. Just... just tell us what's wrong. You know the three of us are going to help you. It's really killing us to see you like this.”

 

Kwon looked at the ground as Seulong pleaded. “I'm sorry.” He turned around to face his three friends whose faces are painted with worry. “I just need to be alone for a while.”

 

 

Kwon then turned his back on them once more, and walked away.

 

Jea, Miryo, and Narsha arrived at Changmin's apartment around 7 in the evening. “Changmin-ah?” Jea banged on Changmin's door. “Open up, quick!” She banged again.

After a few minutes, Changmin opened the door. “What the-” Jea pushed past him, and ignored Seulong and Jinwoon who were both lying on Changmin's couch. She headed straight for the...

“Bathroom.” Narsha walked in, followed by Miryo. “Jea really needed to go, but Ga In took her time at our bathroom. So, she held it in until–”

“Ew noona please.” Seulong cut her off and gave her a disgusted look. “We have a kid in here.” He jokingly pointed at Jinwoon, who scowled at him.“Plus, too much info.”

Narsha shrugged and took a seat on one of Changmin's dining chairs. “Anyway, what's the emergency?” She looked curiously at Seulong and Jinwoon, who were now sitting upright.

Jinwoon looked nervous, while Changmin motioned Miryo to sit on one of his dining chairs. “Sorry if my place is a bit cramped. Please blame the two giants over there.” He glared at Seulong and Jinwoon. 

Seulong pursed his lips, and stared at Changmin's television. 

 

“Did any of you guys notice that Kwon's been acting a little weird lately?”

“Oh! Ga Innie too!”

 

The five of them turned their heads when Jea spoke. “Sorry, just got out of the bathroom. Didn't mean to startle anyone.” She lifted her palms as a sign of apology.

“Wait, Ga In noona is also acting weird?” Jinwoon asked Jea. She nodded.

“Weird as in...” Changmin interjected.

 

“She's always smiling lately.” It was Miryo who answered the question. The three boys looked at her direction. “Not that we don't like it but it's creeping us out. It's not the–”

“Son Ga In we know.” Seulong looked dazed as he finished Miryo's sentence. “Do you think her being happy is linked to Kwonnie being, well looking weird?”

 

“Why, what's the matter with Kwon?” Narsha asked.

Jinwoon looked uncomfortably at Seulong, while Changmin avoided eye contact. Seulong sighed.  “You do know that we've been trying to contact Kwon since last Friday, after his date with Ga In ended. Well, he finally showed up.” Seulong said, making the three girls gasp and smiled. 

“That's great news then!” Jea clasped her hands together and smiled widely. However, her smile faded when she saw the three boys' sad faces. “So, is Kwonnie being back not a great news?”

 

“No noona. It's great.” Jinwoon was the one who spoke. “I- It's just that... we feel that he's hiding something from us. Like, he's either in pain, or pretending to be in pain or something.  Something big. Seulong hyung and him almost fou– MMPGH!”

 

Seulong quickly stopped Jinwoon from talking. “Well that's that. Bottomline, he's hiding something.” He laughed nervously. “He told us to leave him alone for a while.”

The three ladies fell silent as they digested the information. “Did anyone of you ladies asked Ga In about Kwonnie?” Changmin asked.

“I did.” Narsha said. The five of them turned to her direction. “She said Kwonnie's fine, and they're talking normally. Like they always do. She told me yesterday Kwonnie accompanied her to the mall because Doojoon was busy keeping Seulong's team busy.” She glared at Seulong.

“Yah noona, my back was aching, so I can't train them!” Seulong pouted. “Besides, he's co captain so his lo–” Seulong's sentence was cut midway when all of their phones rang at the same time. The six of them looked at each other before taking their phones out.

After a minute, Jea spoke. “Is your message from Ga In too?” Narsha, Miryo, Jinwoon, and Changmin nodded. “Ongseul?” Jea turned to Seulong when she noticed that he did not nod with the rest.

“Huh? O- Oh yeah.” He smiled.

But Seulong received two messages, one from Ga In, and one from Jo Kwon.

 

 

From: Son Witchy Witchy; 7:50PM

Hey! Can you meet me at the chicken place near the bus stop at around 8? I have something to tell you.

From: Kwonnie; 7:51PM

Hyung, you wanna know what's wrong? Show up at Ga In noona's sudden invitation. You'll get answers there.

---

The six of them arrived at the chicken place half-past 8. “I told you we should've taken Jinwoon's brand new car.” Seulong scowled as he exited the taxi.

“But I'm reserving its gas for something important!” Jinwoon almost fell on the side of the road. “Besides, it's not really that cramped, right noona?” He smiled at Narsha, who was about to go out of the taxi.

“Nope. Your smile won't work on me tonight, Maknae-yah.” Narsha crossed her arms and made her way beside Seulong.

“Aish you kid.” Changmin hissed as he got out of the taxi. “What the hell are you saving up gas for?” He smacked Jinwoon in the head.

Jinwoon pouted. “I was actually going to invite you guys to my family's beach house when Spring Break comes.” He massaged the part of his head where Changmin hit him. “Well, that is if you're okay with it. My parents are currently out of the country so–”

“Aww. Baby Jinwoon wants us to accompany him so he won't be alone on spring break.” Seulong teased in a high voice. “Why, is baby Jinwoon sca– OW NOONA WHAT THE HECK?!” He turned around and glared at Jea and Miryo. “Correction, NOONAS?”

“Stop being a big bully to Jinwoonie.” Miryo crossed her arms and glared at him.

“Yeah! And I think going to his beach house is a good idea!” Jea shouted. “Jinwoon-ah. Expect the noonas to be there, okay?” She said sweetly to Jinwoon.

Seulong looked dumbfounded. As always. It's great to be young. “Yah, yah. Let's just plan that later, okay? We have something else to figure out first.” He looked at the chicken restaurant and sighed.

 

Moment of truth, Im Seulong.

 

Seulong led the group to the door. His hands shook as he slowly opened the door. Seulong slowly stepped inside, and bowed to the owner of the chicken place who was waiting by the door. “Hello! Table for how many?” The owner of the place greeted the six of them enthusiastically.

“Oh. Actually, one of our friends is here.” Miryo smiled at the owner. “By any chance, do you know where a small, white petite girl with a thick eyeliner and short hair is sitting?”

“Ahh. You must be with table 4.” He pointed at the center. “No wonder she ordered so many food. I thought she and her other friend are just super hungry.” The owner chuckled. “She's over there, at the center of the room.”

All of them bowed slightly as they made their way to the center of the room.

 

“Oh look Kwonnie! They're here!”

 

The six of them were surprised to see Ga In and Kwon seated at the table together, with Ga In smiling so widely. Jea felt like crying seeing the two together, while Seulong felt something's off with Kwon's aura. 

He's still wearing the damn glasses. At least his fashion sense is back in place. Sort of. He thought as he looked at him with a weird expression. Hair is styled up, leather jacket over a white shirt... no white tank top. His favorite ripped shorts, and high cut sneakers. Definitely his kind of fashion style. The only thing that's ticking me off is the sun glasses and the damn leather jacket.

“Hello Ga In noona!” Jinwoon was the first one to speak to break the awkward atmosphere. “K- Kwonnie hyung.” His voice became small, and his hand automatically fell down when he greeted Kwon.

“Yah Jinwoon-ah. What's the matter with your voice?” The three boys got surprised when Kwon replied to Jinwoon in his usual tone. “You make it sound like I died or something.”

Jea, Narsha and Miryo looked surprised as well. “I thought they said Kwon's acting weird?” Narsha whispered to Jea, who shrugged in reply.

“Maybe he's okay now?” Miryo said tentatively, as they watched Jinwoon and Changmin grapple Kwon.

“Yah you kid you made us worry earlier!”

“Hyung! You're back!”

Ga In watched with curious eyes as Changmin and Jinwoon lightly punched Kwon. Worry? Back? Did I miss any drama from them? 

 

“Yah Son Ga In.” Seulong spoke, surprising Jinwoon and Changmin, and the three ladies. “Mind telling us why you gathered us all here?”

 

Ga In was surprised as well while Kwon looked stoic. He felt Jinwoon and Changmin's grip on him loosened, and the atmosphere tense. “Noonim!” Kwon shouted, to ease the tense atmosphere. “Sit down first. The food will be served soon.” He smiled at them.

The three ladies smiled and followed his order. Jinwoon and Changmin followed, with Jinwoon sitting beside Kwon, and Changmin beside Jea and Narsha. After a few seconds, Seulong sat down across Kwon, eyes never leaving him.

“There we go.” Kwon smiled. “Ahjussi! Is our order ready?”

 

The eight of them happily ate the chicken that Ga In and Kwon ordered. “Mm! This is a really good place!” Jea commented. “How come we're not going here often?”

“Maybe because you always drag us to a meat place?” Seulong utterred out. Jea irritatedly threw a chopstick at him. “What? It's true!” He shielded himself just in case Jea decided to throw something at him again. 

“Jea-yah. Don't deny facts.” Narsha patted Jea on the back.

“Can we order more?” Jinwoon piped. “This is really good chicken here.”

“Are you going to pay it?” Changmin retorted.

 

Kwon slightly smiled as he watched his friends bicker. I wish things are just simple like this. He sighed. 

“Kwon-ah. You barely touched your food.” He heard Ga In's voice. “Is something wrong?”

Kwon shook his head and smiled at her. “I'm just not in the mood to eat today. Don't worry about me, noona. You should worry about them.”  He tilted his head to the left, pointing to their friends who are busy.

Ga In sighed, then reached out to hold Kwon's hand. “You're right. Thanks.” She smiled sweetly at him. For being here.”

Kwon smiled back at her, trying to keep his emotions calm. “And you should seriously drink your medicine to make your eye size back to normal again.” Ga In added. “I hate it when you have to wear those stupid sun glasses.”

 

“Can we cut to the chase.” Seulong decided to break his silence after watching the two of them go to their own world. “Why'd you gather us here, Ga In? Anything you'd like to share to us?”

 

Ga In looked nervously at Kwon. Kwon gave him a slight smile and nodded. “Okay. See. I have something to tell you guys.” She spoke. Kwon slowly slid his hands off Ga In's and started to eat, avoiding everyone's eyes.

 

“Uhm. How do I start this...” She looked nervously at the door. “Well.. I- I ha- ha-”

“Yo guys! Am I late for the chicken party?”

 

All of them, except Kwon jumped when Doojoon spoke. “I guess I am. Damn. Look at Jinwoon's plate!” He pouted.

“Doojoon-ah! Great timing to interrupt something important.” Seulong said sarcastically. “Now go sit down and eat. Ga In is about to say something.”

“Oh. So this is what the chicken dinner is about, Ga In? You're going to tell them about us?” Doojoon patted Kwon on the shoulders, and Kwon waved at him, as he sat down next to Ga In.

All of them fell silent when Doojoon spoke. “Say that again, Doojoon?” Seulong looked at him with a surprised expression.

Doojoon smiled widely and wrapped his arms around Ga In's shoulder.

 

“Me and Ga In noona are exclusively dating. She accepted me as her boyfriend.”

 

Everyone, except Kwon, was speechless. Jinwoon and Changmin were frozen in their seats, both holding their chopsticks mid-air.  Narsha's chicken dropped to the table. Miryo's mouth was wide open. Jea's eyes looked like they were about to bulge out of the sockets, and Seulong's expression looked shocked and horrified.

“W- Wh- When d- di- did y- you t- t- tw- two...” Jea stammered as she tried to talk to Ga In and Doojoon.

“When did we become official?” Doojoon looked at Jea who nodded. “Last friday.” He smiled sweetly at her.

When Doojoon answered, every single one of them looked at Kwon's direction. Kwon, aware of their stares, ignored them and silently ate his food.

Doojoon looked at his friend's reaction, and pouted. “I don't think they're paying attention to our announcement.” He slightly nudged Ga In. “What do you think?

“Mm.” Ga In looked at Kwon with a worried expression. She wanted to give him a hug, or pat his head to ensure him that everything's okay. Ga In knows Kwon has been having a hard time these past few days, and she's pretty sure that her relationship with Doojoon is the main reason for his misery.

 

“Hey, can I be excused? I need to use the restroom for a bit.

 

All of them looked at Kwon as he exited the room to go to the restroom. “Okay. I just realized that Kwonnie's wearing sun glasses.” Doojoon looked curious. “Why?

“Oh. He ate something, then got an allergic reaction. So his eyes are kind of puffy and red and big.” Ga In answered Doojoon's question. “He's supposed to take another pill a bit later. I need to remind him that.” She took out her phone and quickly messaged Kwon.

Seulong bit his lips, then suddenly stood up. “Restroom.”

 

He started to look for Kwon as soon as he was inside the restroom. “Kwonnie?” Seulong opened every stall inside, but did not find Jo Kwon inside them. “Damn it where did that kid go.” Seulong quickly ran out of the men's restroom, and headed out of the place.

Seulong turned his head from left to right, looking for a glimpse of Kwon. “Seriously, this kid is driving me nuts!” His eyebrows creased as he looked for Kwon, going to the right. “Jo Kwon! Kwon-ah!” Seulong half-walked, and half-ran while he shouted Kwon's name. “Come on, I just want to talk!

A few minutes and blocks later, he found Kwon sitting on the side of the road with his head hung low. Seulong slowly approached his dongsaeng, tried not to creat any noise.

 

“Come on Seulong hyung. Don't creep up on me like that.

 

Seulong stopped midway when Kwon spoke. “Did you hear my footsteps? Or my voice?

“No. I just figured out that you're most likely to chase after me if I run away tonight.” Seulong noticed that Kwon's voice sounded sad and hurt. “To be honest, my first guess is Ga In noona... if she's not committed to someone.

“Is that the reason why you've avoided us since your date with her?” Seulong decided to get straight to the point. “Doojoon and Ga In?

Kwon stood up. “Yes.

Seulong looked surprised when Kwon turned around to face him.

 

Kwon's eyes were swollen, not because of allergies, but because he got beaten up. His right eye is black, while his left has a small cut just above the eyebrow. He noticed that Kwon can't open his eyes properly.

“Hyung, I'd appreciate it if you keep quiet.” He smiled weakly at Seulong. “Ga In noona thinks I have an allergic reaction. But this is a long story. I promise you I'll tell you everything when I'm ready. I just need to figure things out and be alone for a while.”

Kwon waved a little to Seulong, then put his sun glasses back on, and walked away from him.

 

Seulong was too surprised to chase after Kwon. Oh my God. Kwonnie. He watched Kwon get further and further away from him. Seulong slowly reached for his phone that was in his pocket, and pressed his speed dial 4.

 

 

“Jinwoon-ah? Didn't you say you wanted us to accompany you to your beach house this coming spring break? I'm in. I need your beach house to get Kwon to spill something to us.

 

—————

a/n:

Hey guys! How's everyone? :D Another long update, and a cliffhanger? I guess lol. So, like what I said during the last chapter, I'm going to start writing in third person. But I might write some chapters in Kwon's POV soooooo yeah lmao I'm just dropping the reminder just in case some of you guys forgot. ^^;

I told you guys I'm going to be trying and updating the fic in a much more okay pace. Well, tbh I can now balance writing, school, real life and other stuff since the semester is about to end. Hihi. Plus I did this as a birthday present to myself... at least release a chapter on my birthday. Which is awesome too since 2AM released their concept photos for their new mini album! Thank you BigHit for the awesome birthday present lol.

Anyway, chapter recap! I guess this is pretty muc self-explanatory? lol. Song I used is G-Dragon's "Crooked" since imo it fits Kwon's state of mind in the storyline. Kwonnie's beating himself up (literally) to ease his heartbreak. He's avoiding pretty much all of them except Doojoon and Ga-in cause he wants them to think that everything's okay even though everything is not okay. lmao. Poor Kwonnie. :(

A little spoiler for the next chapter: Well, I guess you guys can already guess that they're going to Jinwoon's beach house buuut will there be a fist fight between Seulong and Kwon? (Since Seulong almost punched Kwon in this chapter due to frustration, are we going to see him really do it next chapter?)

To my old and new subscribers and silent readers: Hey guys! lmao. Welcome to my messy fic. If you've reached this part that means I'm currently getting out of my hiatus and trying to update the fic in a steady pace. lol kidding. THANK YOU GUYS FOR STILL READING MY FIC. <3

Comments, questions, arguments, suggestions are always welcomed and appreciated. <3

Oh, I also noticed that there are now more AC fics being written so if you guys haven't read any of those, please do! They're really good. :)

Till the next chapter! :3