Phase 3: D-Day

Daily Songs

 

“It's okay Ga In. It's just one day. Just enjoy it.”

“Ah. Ah. Is this thing on? Kwon-ah, can you hear me?

 

I scratched my ear for the third time when Seulong hyung spoke through the earpiece. “Yah Jea noona, I don't think he can hear me.” I heard him complain to Jea noona. “He's not responding~” I sighed. This hyung is like a little kid.

“Kwon-ah. Jo Kwon. Kwonnie. Jo Kwon. Jo Kwon. Jo Kwon. Jo Kwon. Jo Kwon.” He repeatedly said my name. “Jo Kwon. Jo Kwon. Jo Kwon. Jo Kwon. Jo Kwon...”

 

“AISH HYUNG I HEAR YOU LOUD AND CLEAR!!”

 

People turned and looked at me when I shouted. “I'm sorry.” I hurriedly apologized to the ones that looked offended with my sudden outburst, and to the elders passing by as well.

Seulong hyung was laughing at the other end. “Babo Kwonnie.”  He snickered. If  Seulong hyung wasn't a few blocks away from me, then I would've definitely killed him.

“Aigoo Seulong.” I heard Jea noona's voice from the background. “You have the guts to say that he's an idiot, while you've spent at least ten minutes of doing "Ah. Ah. Ah." on that walkie talkie. Tell me, who's the bigger idiot between the two of you?” Ah, I can always count on Jea noona to make Seulong hyung shut up.

“Tch.” Seulong hyung scoffed at Jea noona. “Anyway, how are you feeling Kwon-ssi?”

How am I feeling? Well that's a pretty broad question Seulong hyung. “I feel like I'm a robot.” I said bitterly to him. Before the day of the date, Seulong hyung arranged everything, telling me to "Just sit back and relax. Hyung's got this." things.

 

FLASHBACK: Yesterday night at Seulong and Jinwoon's room; 10:00 PM

“Kwon-ah. You will thank me for what I've done.” Seulong said as he pulled a confused Jo Kwon inside their room. You will seriously thank me, and then one day you'll help me score a girl.”

“Huh?” Kwon replied. “What are you talking about?”

He grinned at Kwon. “I, Im Seulong, have already prepared your date with Son Ga In.”

Kwon stared at him, then laughed loudly. “Told you he would laugh at you.” Jinwoon nonchalantly said to Seulong. “Now hyung owes me a patbingsoo and red bean ice cream.”

“Shut up Jinwoon.” Seulong said, irritated. “Yah, you.” He pointed accusingly at Kwon, who was still laughing. “Stop laughing! What's funny about that?”

Kwon wiped the corners of his eyes. “Hyung, didn't you hear what you just said?” He looked at Seulong and tried his best not to laugh. “You've already planned my date with Ga In noona?”

“I told you he would also say that.” Jinwoon stopped reading and turned to look at his two hyungs. “Now hyung owes me pizza and chicken.”

Seulong glared at Jinwoon, before turning to Kwon. “Yah Jo Kwon. You should be thanking me for this, not laughing.” He sat down on the floor. “Last time I checked, you are so busy with your school works, that you begged me to re-schedule this date two times.”

“Shouldn't I be thanking Ga In noona because she agreed in your demands?” Kwon retorted. “And that I should be thanking her professors too because they made her busy like me?”

“I agree with Kwonnie hyung's first statement.” Jinwoon butted in. Kwon looked at the maknae and gave him a thumbs-up.

Seulong inhaled heavily. “Are you two maknaes ganging up on me or something? Am I smelling a revolution?”

“Maybe.” Kwon shrugged.

“No not maybe. Most likely.” Jinwoon grinned. “Just a revolution to turn you down, Seulong hyung. We still need Changmin hyung cause he's a great cook.”

Seulong got more irritated and threw a piece of paper to Jinwoon's direction, then smacked Kwon in the head.

“These two stupid kids. You Ga In maniac.” He turned to Kwon, who had his eyes closed and was massaging his head. “You'll see. My date will be so good, it will blow you away. Just sit back and relax. Hyung's got this.”

END OF FLASHBACK

 

So, here I am, sitting in a fine restaurant donning a tuxedo, waiting for Ga In noona. “That's now how you're supposed to feel right now.” And Seulong hyung and Jea noona a few blocks awat from me, monitoring me through a wireless walkie talkie. “You're supposed to feel thankful and gratefu to your Seulong hyung.”

I heard a girl laugh at the earpiece that is not Jea noona. “Aigoo. This Im Seulong is really funny.”

“Narsha noona?” I blurted out, surprised. “Are you also there?”

“Omo? Kwonnie can hear me?” She said, surprised. “I thought you can only talk to him, but he can't talk to us. Kwonnie, hello!” Her voice suddenly sounded happy. “Don't mind Seulong. He's just being the stuck up idiot that he is.”

“I second that!” I heard Jea noona shout in the background. Wow this wireless thing is really powerful.

Seulong groaned. I wanted to laugh at Seulong hyung's misery. I guess he's having a hard time hanging out with the two noonas that he absolutely hates. “Narsha noona what are you doing here anyway?” He said.

“Jea called me.”

“Noona why'd you call her?”

“Because I don't want to be left alone with you.”

I listened to the three of them argue. Aigoo, these three people. I looked at the time, 7:15. As usual, Ga In noona is late. “Do I text her or..” I took out my phone from my pocket and was surprised that Doojoon sent me a message.

 

From: Doojoon; 7:12PM

Kwon-ah! Where are you? ㅠㅠ

 

“Huh. What does he want?

“What does who want?” Seulong hyung's voice is now back on my earpiece I guess their small fight is over, or my comment made them stop and divert their attention to me.

“Doojoonie. He just messaged me.” I was still staring at the message, wondering if there's something wrong with him.

“What did he say?” Jea noona shouted. I told them that he's just looking for me. “Eh? Yah, let him be Kwonnie. He just misses you.”

“Or is in real trouble.” Narsha noona said. “Just answer him while Ga Innie not yet there. Wait, she's still not there, right?”

 

To: Doojoon; 7:23PM

I'm doing something important. Why? Is something wrong?

From: Doojoon; 7:24PM

Oh man you finally replied! I thought you went home or something. Well~ Sort of. I don't know. Argh. Kwonnie~ I'm nevous. ㅠㅠ

To: Doojoon; 7:26PM

Nervous? For what?

From: Doojoon; 7:28PM

LIFE. ㅠㅠ ㅋ just kidding. But seriously, I'm nervous.

I'm about to do something tonight that might change my life. Well yeah, I think I am nervous for my life.

 

I stifled a laugh when I saw his serious reply. I can tell it's serious because Doojoon rarely talks about his life being serious. For him, life's like a party, you meet new people and get crazy everyday. 

 

To: Doojoon; 7:30PM

What? Don't tell me you're going to do something illegal cause I won't bail you out! ㅋㅋ

 

“Kwon-ah? Are you still alive?” Seulong's annoying voice is back. “What did Doojoonie say? Is he bothering you? Do you want me to keep him busy?”

“Nothing, hyung. He just asked me where I am and what time am I going back because he'll lock the door.” I had to lie. As much as  hate Doojoon for having feelings for Ga In noona, he's still the first friend that I made here. I don't want him to be bothered that much if Ga In noona is not directly involved. “No need for drastic actions.”

“What drastic actions?!” He complained. “I don't do any drastic actions!”

“Right. Whatever you say hyung.”

I suddenly heard Jea noona gasp in the background. “Kwon-ah! Get ready!!” She shouted. “Ga Innie just messaged me that she's on her wa there!”

“Yah this Son Ga In is seriously funny.” Seulong hyung sounded amused and irritated at the same time. “I told her not to be late just for today. You two noonas should scold your maknae.”

“Seulong-ah, she just doesn't want to listen to you.” Ah, here we go. It's starting again. I sighed as I tried to divert my attention somewhere else.

As I listened to Jea noona scold Seulong hyung for being a bad friend, someone tapped me from behind. I turned around and I swear I thought I was going to run out of breath when I saw her.

 

“Excuse me, dear sir. But is the seat across you taken?”

 

I know this may sound cheesy and gut-wrenching, but I swear I felt time stop when I saw Ga In noona appear in front of me, smiling.

 

I think I must've frozen in my seat. I can hear Seulong hyung calling me at the other line, as well as Ga In noona's snapping of fingers.

 

“Kwonnie? Hello? Jo Kwon answer me you idiot! Is she there?”

“Yah Jo Kwon are you dead?!”

It took me a full 5 minutes of staring into nothing before I regained my composure. “Huh? Yeah, I'm fine.” I said rather louldy to answer Seulong hyung and Ga In noona. “Something, uhm... just something caught my attention. No! I uh just remembered something.”

Ga In noona folded her arms and raised an eyebrow to me. “What?”

 

“Tell her that her appearance caught your attention.” Seulong hyung snickered.  “Omoo~ So cheesy~”

“No! Tell here she looks pretty!” Jea noona interjected. “Wait, how does she look? Is she pretty?”

“Yah Kim Hyojin. Our Ga Innie is always pretty! Why ask Kwonnie if she looks pretty?” Narsha noona spoke.

 

I grinded my teeth in irritation when I heard the three of them speak. “Kwon-ah?” I looked up to see a now confused Ga In noona. “Is something wrong?”

“Huh? Oh nothing.” I smiled at her. I stood up quickly when Seulong hyung shouted at me to help her with the chair. “Hyung no need to shout or else Ga In noona will suspect something when she sees me flinch or get distracted all the time.” I whispered quickly when my back is turned from Ga In noona.

“I know. I just like to torture you.” He laughed. Seulong hyung will really get if from me after this date. “Now, go talk to her or something. I'll point out your stupid mistakes while you go be Jo Kwon to her.”

I coughed the word “Idiot” to him before I turned to Ga In noona. “So...” I stopped. Weird. I can't think of anything to say.

“So...” Ga In noona said, then avoided my eyes. “This is a nice place.” She was looking around. The atmosphere felt awkward, then it fell silent.

I pretended to look around as well to not mind the awkwardness. It's like we're back when I started school. It's like we're two strangers. It's like...

 

“OH MY GOD JO KWON CAN YOU MAKE THE AWKWARDNESS GO AWAY. I CAN SENSE IT FROM HERE.”

 

I flinched again when Seulong hyung whined at the monitor. This hyung seriously. I just told him to stop shouting at the monitor. “Noona, help me!” I hissed, hoping that Jea noona and Narsha noona can make Seulong hyung shut up for at least 30 minutes.

“Yah Kwon-ah.” I got surprised when I heard Ga In noona's voice. I turned to her, and she looked confused again. “Who are you talking to?”

“Hm? Nothing.” Quick Jo Kwon, think of a way to divert her attention. I looked around and saw the buffet line almost gone. That gave me an idea that'll make this awkward date not awkward.

 

 

“Noona, wanna make a bet?”

 

“Noona, wanna make a bet?” Seulong hyung mocked as I roamed around the buffet table. “Seriously Jo Kwon your idea is lame. L. A. M. E.”

I heard an ow from the other side. “Seulong-ah! Stop bullying Kwonnie!” Jea noona scolded Seulong hyung. “You're not really coaching him, you're making his date miserable.”

“I agree on that one.” Narsha noona said. “If you want your two friends to end up together, then help Kwonnie. Help him properly.”

“I'd like to see you two noonas try and help him on this stupid bet that he did.”

 

I sighed as I listened to Im Seulong vs. 2Hyos part I don't know. The three of them have been arguing all night. Well originally it was just Jea noona and Seulong hyung, but when Narsha noona joined them, they've been at it ever since.

“Kwon-ah, what kind of food is in there? Meat?” Jea noona asked. “She loves meat! Go get her lots and lots of meat!”

“But noona that's your favorite food!”I whined. “Ga In noona might think that I'm still into you if I bring her your favorite food.”

Seulong hyung laughed loudly at my comment. I bet he's going to get smacked by Jea noona for that. “Why'd you make a bet with her anyway, Kwonnie?” Narsha noona asked. “You do know she gets hot headed if she loses on bets... or anything in general.”

I know noona. I just need time to think of a plan to make you three disappear or something. “I know. I just want to make the awkward atmosphere disappear so–”

“You suggested to have a bet on who can have the most correct choices off your list of favorite food.” Seulong hyung said. “Again, L. A. M. E.”

I ignored Seulong hyung and started to roam around the buffet table for the third time. I've been standing and roaming around for 2o minutes, and my plate is still empty. Earlier, Ga In noona only roamed the place in less than 10 minutes. I have this feeling that she'll get the list right because back then, she's always asking my mother if I eat or not.

“Ah, whatever. Just go with your gut Jo Kwon.”

 

“Ugh. You're finally done.” Ga In noona said as I sat back down across her. “Is it really hard to look for my favorite food?” She asked in a shocked voice.

“You tell me noona.” I sighed. “Can we eat now? I'm starving.” I looked at her plate and smiled when I saw that she got me  sweet and sour pork, king crab, sushi... Oh wait snap.

 

I think she got my list right.

 

I froze and felt my jaw open slightly. “No way.” I looked at her plate, then at her, who was smiling devilishly. “No freaking way. I can't believe this.”

“What's the matter Kwonnie?” She leaned forward, placing both her elbows on the table. “Aren't you going to help yourself?” Ga In noona smiled.

I glared at her. “Ohh snap, Kwonnie lost.” I almost forgot that Seulong hyung, Jea noona and Narsha noona were watching.. er no listening to our date. “This date just got interesting.” He laughed.

“Now let's see my plate.” She peered at the plate that I fixed for her. I can't tell if I got some of the items right cause she was wearing her poker face. “What the heck is that?” Ga In noona finally showed some reaction to one of my picks.

“This?” I pointed at the thin slice of ham that was at the edge of the plate. “It's a spanish ham thingy. The chef said it's very expensive.”

She pointed at the food next to it. “Lamb! Expensive Lamb Steak! Lobster! Caviar! Asian Beef!” I said all the food that I placed on her plate. “All expensive food.”

“Pft.” Ga In noona giggled and suddenly grabbed her plate. She then took out her phone and showed me her list. “You lose. Now go set up your timer to 5 minutes and watch noona eat peacefully.” She started to poke my plate with her fork.

“Huh? Wait!” I retorted before she can take a bite off my sweet and sour pork. “Noona didn't even check my list yet!”

“Oh please Kwonnie. I know your favorite food by heart.” She rolled her eyes. “Sweet and Sour Pork, King Crab, Sushi, Steak and Ginger Chicken.”

My jaw dropped as I watched her eat peacefully. Seulong hyung laughed at the other end. “Yah Kwonnie, do you really like this witch? You can't even get her favorite foods right.”

I glared at her again, while she smiled at me, happily eating everything. To distract myself, I glanced at her list. “Ohh wait! You said Steak in your list!” I flipped the phone in her direction and pointed it. “I gave you a steak!”

“Idiot.” She scoffed. “Look, it says there Steak, parenthesis preferrably expensive beef steak.” Ga In noona stopped eating and pointed at the Lamb Steak. “You gave me lamb not beef, but it's good though.”

“But...” She glared at me, for a long time before going back to her plates. I sighed and crossed my arms in defeat as I watched her eat. “Whatever noona. I only have..” I glanced at my phone's stopwatch. “Three minutes left.” I groaned.

 

“Bzzt. Kwonnie needs a bathroom break. Now.”

 

I flinched as Seulong hyung suddenly spoke. Ga In noona looked at me again weirdly. “Uhm, bathroom break.” I stood up and pinched my right ear. “I'll be right back noona.”

“What now, hyung?” I hissed as soon as I was out of Ga In noona's sight. “You know honestly I can't concentrate with you all interrupting me or you arguing with the noonas.” I peeked at the bathroom door before stepping in. “This is supposed to be just my night, not yours.”

“Woah. Chill.” Seulong hyung sounds offended. “I was just going to ask you if you are hungry. Jea noona and Narsha noona are just around the block, getting something to eat.”

Great now the two noonas are close by. I have to bail out of this place as soon as possible. “Are you sure they're not going near this place?” I asked. Seulong hyung fell silent at the other end. “Hyung?”

“Well, uhh. Let's just say Jea noona wanted to see the action up close.” Ah,  I knew it. Jea noona is too enthusiastic about me and Ga In noona. “Don't tell them  I said that!” Seulong hyung pleaded.

That's it. “Don't worry hyung, I won't.” I took the earpiece off and untangled the wires that were placed inside my clothes. I placed the earpiece on top of the bathroom counter and looked at my reflection. My clothes are now wrinkled because I took out the wires, but I didn't bother to fix it. No need. I'm not following Seulong hyung's plan anymore.

I'm doing this date my way.

“Kwon-ah? Are you there?” I took one last look at the earpiece before going out of the men's room.

 

Ga In noona looked surprised when I showed up a few minutes later. “What happened with your clothes..?” I didn't answer her question. Instead, I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of her seat. “Huh? Yah Jo Kwon I'm not yet done eating!” She complained. “What the hell is going on?”

I ignored her questions until we reached the Maitre D'. “Yeah hi.” I spoke before the Maitre D' even asked what's up. I believe the table named under Jo Kwon is being paid by a person named Im Seulong?” He nodded. “Charge him up. We're done for the night. Thanks.” I bowed and made my way out of the restaurant.

“Wait Ongseul's paying for the table?” Ga In noona exclaimed. “Jo Kwon, what's going on?”

 

 

I hailed a taxi before facing her. “We're going to re-do this date, and I'm doing it my way.”

 

We arrived at the park near the Han River at around 10:30PM. I sighed and laid down on the grass. “Ahh. Finally. No more dis– OW!”

 

Ga In noona pinched me on my ribs. “You haven't told me what the heck is going on.” She looked angry, I know not at me. She's probably angry at Seulong hyung. “Why is Seulong involved in this?”

“Eyy noona. Can't you at least give me 5 minutes of peace?” I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep. Ga In noona smacked me in the head, making me open my eyes. “5 minutes noona! I only asked for 5 minutes!” I sat up straight and pouted.

She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. “You can have your five minutes after you tell me what the hell is going on. Why is Seulong involved?”

“Well. Because...” Wait. If I tell her the real reason why Seulong hyung is involved, then it'll lead me to confessing to her! My eyes widened and my heart raced at the thought of confessing to her tonight. Is this all part of Seulong hyung's plan too? “Uhm. Well.” I tried to avoid her eyes.

“Well?”

“Well...” Suddenly, my stomach growled loudly. The two of us looked at each other before laughing. “Well there's your answer noona.” I said as I clutched my stomach.

Ga In noona shook her head and stood up. She extended her hand out to me and smiled. “Come on. Let's get Kwonnie something to eat.”

I smiled and grabbed her hand.

 

I don't know if she's aware that we're holding hands while walking at the nearest night market in Han River. I glanced at her, curious what's her expression but it seems that she's okay with this. She's aimlessly looking around the stalls, lips pouted, her hand tightly clasped with mine.

“Oh! Kwonnie, do you want to eat ddeokbokki?” We stopped in front of a small ddeokbokki stand which is managed by an elderly lady. “I know it won't fill your raging appetite but at least you have something in your stomach.”

I looked at the ddeokbokki being cooked and it made my mouth water a bit. “Ahjumma, two orders of your good looking ddeokbokki please.” I smiled at the elderly lady as I lightly pulled Ga In noona to her stall.

“Aigoo. You two kids look like you're on a date.” The lady smiled at us as she handed out our orders. I gave her my payment but she refused. “Keep it. That one's on the house. I'm about to close anyway.”

“Omo. No, ahjumma. Take it!” I insisted, but she turned my hand down. “Are you sure ahjumma?” I asked, feeling guilty. She nodded.

“I told you, it's on the house.” She smiled. “You can pay me next time when you two are on your second date.”

I felt my ears get hot when I heard the lady's comment. Second date... I haven't thought about that. “Thank you so much, ahjumma.” I looked at Ga In noona who bowed politely at the lady.

The lady smiled back at Ga In noona. “Aigoo. No need to thank me dear. Now go continue your date.” Ga In noona bowed again to the lady, and I followed her as well. “You boy,” She called my attention before we walked away from her stall.

 

“Take good care of her, okay? Never let her go. She seems like a good person.”

 

I smiled at the lady and bowed again, before turning around to go back to Han River. Don't worry ahjumma, I will.

 

And we're back to the same spot that we were a few minutes ago. The ddeokbokki wasn't enough, but at least I have something on my stomach. Ga In noona offered her ddeokbokki earlier but I refused. This is a date after all, not feed Jo Kwon night.

The air suddenly got cold. I guess winter time's almost up and spring's almost in. I glanced at Ga In noona's side and saw her hugging her knees. She must be feeling cold with her wearing that short dress.

I stood up, took my coat off and placed it on her shoulders. “Noona should've said a word that she's feeling cold.” I smiled as I fixed the coat on her shoulders. “You know hugging your knees won't really make you feel warm in this weather.” I let out a small chuckle.

She didn't reply, and I didn't push her. I guess she's already tired. I hovered in front of her, examining her expression.

“Kwonnie can I ask you something?” Ga In noona looked at me with an unreadable expression. I nodded.

 

“What do you think will happen if we end up together?”

 

I was caught off guard with Ga In noona's question. “H- Huh? Wha- What do you mean?” Seriously what does she mean? “Together as in...”

“What do you think will happen if we end up together. Not as friends.” She repeated and clarified the question. Typical Ga In noona, she wants the answers straight up.

“Well...” At this point I really don't know what to say. I purposely avoided her eyes. What is she trying to do? “Noona.” I crouched down to her level, still avoiding her eyes. “What are you trying to–”

“I don't know.” She suddenly cut me off. “I just... have a lot of things in mind and I just want one thing to be answered.” She sighed. “Or at least clarified.” 

 

“Kwonnie, I'm confused.”

 

Suddenly, I found myself grabbing Ga In noona's hands and looking at her straight in the eyes. “Do you really want to know my answer to your question?” She nodded. “Well. If we do end up together hypothetically..” More like I wish we do end up together not hypothetically.

“I wouuuldddd... be your personal running coach?” She looked at me weirdly, then smacked me in the head. “Ow! What was that for?!” I glared at her as I massaged my head.

“Personal running coach my . You do know that I hate exercise.” She giggled.

“Hence, you're like an ahjumma.” And another smack. “OW! Seriously, noona. I think you can pass as a professional slapper or something.” I massaged my head slowly while she laughed at my misery. “Do you want to hear the rest or just smack me all night until I can't remember you anymore?”

She raised an eyebrow, before slapping my left arm. “I don't want you to forget me, idiot.” Another slap. “Now please, enlighten me with your hypothetical answer.”

“Thank you.” I bowed politely at her before continuing. “Now where was I... Oh yeah.”

 

“I would... well you'd always expect something at your door. You just guess what.” I smirked. “I  would... ah! Write you a song!”

 

Ga In noona blinked at me, then laughed out loud. “What?” She laughed again. “You're gonna write a song? Yah you can't even think of a decent melody!” She kept on laughing, almost tearing up.

“I- I-I c-can!” I stuttered. “Da da da da da~ Da da da da da da da~~” I started to utter out a random melody, but Ga In noona just laughed at me. 

“Yah noona stop laughing at me!” I pushed her lightly. “You'll see. I'll make that melody into a song one day and I'll sing it to you.” I crossed my arms and glared at her.

She pushed me lightly, then laughed again. “Well then, I'm looking forward to that, Jo Kwon-ssi.” She suddenly extended her arm out to me, her pinky pointed at me. 

 

“Promise?” Ga In noona smiled.

I nodded, and linked my pinky with hers. “Promise.”

 

The two of us stared at each other for a long time, our pinkies still linked. A voice inside my head told me to say something, while another one told me to move.

I opted for the latter.

 

Slowly, I leaned forward to her, not breaking the eye-contact. She was also looking at me with a soft expression on her face, her breathing slow and steady.

From looking at her eyes, I took a glance at her lips, which was parted a little bit. I made my way back to her eyes, and now she's the one looking at my lips, which kind of made me a little bit conscious.

Our faces were now a few inches away from each other. Ga In noona suddenly closed her eyes, and exhaled slowly. I can almost hear her heartbeat getting faster and faster.

Just a few more....

 

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

 

The two of us jumped at the same time when we heard a loud ring. Deja-vu all over again. I wonder who's the culprit now. I thought as I patted my pocket to check if that was my phone.

 

“Hello?” Turns out, it was Ga In noona's phone... again.

 

I automatically slouched as I watched her answer her phone. I can tell that she's feeling conscious because she slightly turned away from my direction. 

“Oh. Hello. Huh? Uh... Hold on...” Her expression became curious. “Now? Is there a problem?” Ga In noona's voice suddenly became urgent.

“Okay, I'll come. Where are you right now?” She looked serious as she pursed her lips while nodding. Probably remembering the place of her caller. “Got it. I'll be there in 10 minutes.” She ended the phone call.

I looked at her with a curious expression. “Noona, is everything all

 

“Kwonnie, I'm sorry. I have to go.” Ga In noona quickly stood up, and so did I. “Something important came up.

 

“Is everything all right?” I managed to finish my question. “Do you need company? What's happening? I can take you to wherever you're going.” And more questions came out from me.

She smiled at me, and shook her head. “It's okay. I'm good. The place is not really far away from here.” Her expression suddenly looked apologetic. “Kwonnie, I'm really really so

“Go.” I smiled at her. “It's okay. Don't mind me. We can still hang out some other time.”

Ga In noona looked at me, then started to take off the coat. “Ah ah. I'm letting you go, but you have to keep the coat.” I laughed a little, approached her and fixed the coat. “It's night time, the wind is getting chilly hence it's going to be cold. And besides, you can't walk alone while wearing that dress.” I sighed as soon as I was done fixing the coat. “The coat will fend off bad things.”

She smiled at me and nodded. “I'm really sorry Kwonnie.” Noona suddenly grabbed my hands.

 

“You do know that I love you, right?

I knew she didn't mean those words the way I wanted it to mean.

“I know.” I smiled. “Now go before I throw a tantrum.

 

She let go of my hands and nodded. Ga In noona turned her back on me and started to walk away from the park. “Ah I forgot!” She shouted. “Make sure to message me when you get home, okay?

“Yes, Son Ahjumma!” I jokingly shouted back. Ga In noona waved at me one last time before finally walking away from my direction. When she was out of my line of sight, I took out my phone from my pocket to check the time.

I was surprised to see that there were four unread messages, and a lot of missed calls. “I'm guessing these are all from Seulong hyung.” I shook my head as I unlocked my phone.

One of the message, the latest one, did come from Seulong hyung. The other three were from Doojoon, which was send almost three hours ago before my date with Ga In noona.

 

From: Doojoon; 7:32PM

Yah I'm serious here! Where are you anyway? I really need your advice on something. Or maybe permission. Yeah, I need your permission.

From: Doojoon; 7:45PM

I guess I can just ask for your permission through text message.

 

My knees gave up when I read his last message.

 

From: Doojoon; 7:46PM

I'm going to ask Ga In noona to be my girlfriend tonight. What do you think?

 

Rain suddenly fell down from the sky as I stared at his lsat message. “Wow.” Thunder and lightning roared. My phone slipped away from my hand, onto the wet grass. I felt the cold chill of the night pierce against my skin as the rain poured harder.

 

 

I cried. 

a/n:

HELLO EVERYONE. /WAVES ENTHUSIASTICALLY

I am /FINALLY/ back. T.T After a month (?) of not touching the fic, I finally found time to finish the chapter and release it! :DDDD Ah~ It's great to be back! :3 I still have no laptop... I mean I'm still sharing with my brother and my school work is still piled up but hey, I'm back from the dead aka hiatus world lol. I told you guys I'm not abandoning this fic. :3

I know a lot of things happened during the past month. Jinwoon got into a car accident, 2AM's comeback got pushed but now it seems that they're going to do it this month (prolly by the end of the month I heard) but the biggest news for me is the Adam Couple selca! lol who would've thought Kwon's going to do that. More good news came in today, like Narsha and Miryo's sub-unit, M&N, and Ga-in's comeback date of December. :3

Anyway, so the chapter. Hmm.. I was actually aiming for a different date course but the thought ouf Seulong planning the date and spying on the day of the date amused me, so I wrote it this way lol. This actually became a bit serious cos of Kwon and Ga-in's conversation and well... Ga-in's choice. I mean her choosing to bail on Kwon to go to Doojoon kind of means something (idk if you guys are getting my point lol) but yeah, so today's culprit is not Jea, but Doojoon (idk if you guys get that too lol I didn't specifically make Ga-in utter out Doojoon's name when he called her cause I wanted his name to appear on Kwon's POV to make it more dramatic? lol) Ah. idek if this date is sweet cos in the end it got a bit serious. lol I guess this is seriously sweet? lmao idk, you guys be the judge of that. :3

Can I make a.. er.. request? lol I miiight start to write the whole story in third person instead of first person cause... well tbh I'm having a hard time writing in first person (and I do think it makes it more messier). I wanted to write in first person to challenge myself but I'm starting to break down lol. There are chapters in which I'll still use first person but generally, I might write in third person (starting from the next update, I suppose) Is that okay with you guys? Please let me know. ^^

And I would like to make a short advertisement lol. As you all know, 2AM will be having their concert on December titled "Nocturne" (I love the title btw). Soo~~ 2oneday (The oldest international forum of 2AM & 2PM), is doing a rice wreath project for 2AM's concert! This is the first time that 2OD will do smth for 2AM's concert, and we (Right I'm one of the admins of 2OD and one of the project heads of the project hihi) are accepting donations! If you guys have time, please read more details here: http://bit.ly/2AMNocturneProjectAny amount is accepted. ^^ I would really appreciate it if you guys can participate and /or spread the word out as well. :D If any of you guys are also going to the Korean Music Wave in Singapore, you can have a free JYPN Support Pack if you donate to the 2AM Rice Wreath Project! (This applies to those who are going to the KMW SG) You can check out more details here: http://www.2oneday.com/forum/topic/38324-kmw-sg-2013-jyp-nationalist-support-packs/#entry1216710 Okay, there's that lol. Please check out these projects if you have time. ^^

To my old subscribers and new subscribers (but especially the old subscribers who have waited for this update): THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WAITING. T.T I will try to update the fic with a much better speed. Oh, and I didn't purposely made this update loooonggg... I originally planned to do this update longer lol. but seriouly guys, THANKS A LOT FOR STILL STICKING AROUND (even tho I at updating the fic)

Comments & suggestions are really appreciated. And questions too lol ya'll know that the comment box is open 24/7. So is my message box... or whatever you call the messages here in AFF lol.

Till the next update! <3