Phase 2.1: Tricking a Confused Son Ga In

Daily Songs

 

Flashback: Friday night at Jea, Narsha, Miryo & Ga In's apartment

Ga In sighed and leaned back on the cool wall of their building's elevator. “Son Ga In what just happened.” She scolded herself. “What the hell is wrong with you.” Ga In felt frustrated and stomped her feet on the floor when the elevator stopped at their level.

She exited the elevator and made her way back to their apartment. “Omo.” Jea stopped dusting their sofa when she saw Ga In enter their living room. 

“Yah Son Ga In, what took you so long?” She stood up and crossed her arms. “I told you that we need this place fixed before your Narsha unnie and Miryo unnie 

 

“Jo Kwon almost kissed me.

 

Jea stopped and looked at her maknae, eyes wide open. “Wait, what...” She leaned in closer to Ga In. “Say that again, Ga Innie.

“Kwonnie....” Ga In avoided Jea's stare. “He almost... Unnie...” Then she suddenly felt her legs go weak and in an instant, she dropped down on the floor. “We almost kissed.

Jea's jaw dropped when Ga In repeated her words. “S– Se– Seriously?” She stuttered. “Y– You a– and K– Kw– Kwon almo”  Jea couldn't continue her sentence because of the severe state of shock that she's in right now.

“Unnie?“ Ga In looked at Jea, who's now frozen in her place. “Unnie? Are you mad?” She cautiously asked her. 

“Mad?”  Jea snapped out of her trance. “No I'm not mad.

Jea's statement made Ga In confused. “But I thought you're dating Kwonnie?” She stood up and looked weirdly at Jea.

“Ah you're right.” Jea said silently to herself. She took a deep breath and glared at Ga In. “Yah Son Ga In what did you say?!” She raised her voice, making Ga In flinch a little. “You almost kissed Kwon?

Ga In sighed then sat down at their couch. She's too confused to argue back at Jea, but she knows that something's up with her. Ga In nodded at her unnies question. “Almost. If unnie didn't call...” Her voice trailed off.

Jea pretended to look angry at her maknae but deep inside she's screaming in joy. 'Way to go Kwonnie!' She thought. “Wait, why almost? Did someone interrupt?” Jea didn't hear Ga In's response earlier.

“Ah unnie~” Ga In sighed again. “You called me that's why it's just almost.

Jea looked at Ga In with eyes wide open. “Me?” She approached her and sat down beside her. “I interrupted the almost kiss?” Ga In nodded. 'Jo Kwon is going to kill me for that.' Jea thought as she bit her lip.

“Unnie.” Ga In's voice was weak. “Unnie, I feel... weird.” Jea just stared at her, waiting for Ga In to continue. 

“I stared at his lips when he got close to me.” She started to recall what happened earlier. “I don't know if he was staring into mine as well. Then, when I looked away from his lips I saw him staring at me.” Ga In looked down on the floor. 

 

“Then... I felt time stop when we made eye contact. I felt... light? Happy? No, I felt like everything is going to be fine, that Kwon will protect me from every bad thing in this world.

 

Jea was looking at Ga In excitedly. “Then, he started to move towards me. Funny thing is I didn't move an inch.” Ga In raised her head up and looked at Jea. “And then unnie called.

Jea quickly put on her best poker face. “Ahh. I see.” She said with an uninteresting tone. “But, why did Ga Innie stay put?” She asked.

“Unnie. That's what I'm wondering about too.” Ga In said. “The minute he leaned towards me, I didn't hesitate to stop him or to move.

Jea forced herself to stop a giggle. “Do you think that means you like your best friend more than Doojoon?

Ga In shrugged.

 

 

“I don't know unnie. I think I'm confused.

 

“Ah seriously. Where is she? I'm going to be late for today's last practice.

 

Seulong drummed his fingers onto the table. “Kwonnie was right. I should've just messaged her to meet me a few minutes before the game.” He took out his phone and sent another message to Ga In.

 

To: Son Ka-bang; 7:30 am

Yah Son Ga In. How long are you planning on keeping me waiting? I told you I need to be at the field by 10am. Where are you?!

 

He placed his phone down and drank from his coffee. “That girl is seriously going to” Suddenly, Seulong found himself lean forward and spill his coffe a little onto the table, almost spilling some to his phone. “AISH WHAT THE

“What Im Seulong, going to smack me?” Ga In smirked as she sat herself down across him.

Seulong glared at her before reaching out to grab some table napkins to wipe their table.“Yes. Why are you late?” He asked her, irritated. “I told you to meet me here 7 SHARP.” Seulong emphasized the last word.

Ga In brushed him off. “Excuse me Seulong-ssi.” She leaned forward. “It's still 7 so I'm not late.” Ga In then called the waiter to order her own coffee. “What do you want to talk about that's so important anyway?” She said as soon as the waiter turned away. “Did you forget that you have your game today Mr. stealing my shopping assistant.

“I told you I needed Doojoon yesterday for practice.” Seulong said, but actually he lied. It was actually Doojoon's day off yesterday, but Seulong called him so that Jea can do their phase 1. “If he wasn't present yesterday, then I wouldn't be able to think of a good strategy for today's match.

“And what's that strategy?” Ga In asked, her eyebrow raised at him.

“Pass everything to him or to Jinwoon to win.

Ga In laughed at Seulong's strategy. “What?” Before she can continue, her coffee arrived. “Thank you.” She bowed at the waiter then turned to Seulong. “Are you using your brain? If you do that then the opponent will notice it and they'll block those two!” Ga In shook her head. “Plus it'll drain the energy out of them.

Seulong looked at her with a blank expression before leaning over and smacking her in the head. “Who are you to tell me what strategy to use? Are you a soccer junkie now?” He leaned back with an irritated expression. “Anyway, I wanted to talk to you because I heard something.

“What now?” She said.

 

Seulong smiled. “I heard someone tried to kiss you. And it wasn't your Doojoon.

 

Ga In almost choked on her coffe when Seulong spoke. She started coughing and Seulong got shocked. He quickly reached for his pocket to hand her his handkerchief. “So it is true.” He said, trying to hold back his laughter. “Can I guess who it is?” He smiled and .

“Who told you that?” Ga In glared at Seulong.

 

But Seulong juts stuck his tongue out to her. “It's Kwonnie, isnt' it?” He ignored her question and proceeded with his guess.

 

Ga In glared at him for the longest time before speaking. “Again, who told you that?” She repeated her question, her arms crossed over her chest.

“I have sources.” Seulong said. “Now why are you hiding this from me, huh?” He grabbed his coffe and drank from it.

Ga In wanted to argue back to Seulong but she had no energy to do so. “I don't know.” She said weakly. “You might rattle this off to Doojoon or something.

“Yah do you think I'm that kind of person?” Seulong objected. “For your infromation, I wa” He stopped midway, realizing that he was so close in saying that he's helping Kwon win her heart against Doojoon, and that he doesn't really like Doojoon for her. “Anyway, what happened? I overheard Jea noona telling Narsha noona that Kwon almost kissed you.

So that's how this idiot knew the story. Ga In pursed her lips. “Well, what do you want to know?

 

 

Seulong smiled. “I want to know how you feel about Kwon.

 

“EH?! WHAT DID YOU SAY?

 

Ga In shouted, making the other customers in the cafe turn to their direction. Seulong shot her a glare before standing up and making a small bow. ”I'm sorry.”Before he sat down, he flicked Ga In lightly on her exposed forehead. “That, I'm not sorry. What the hell was that reaction for?

“Well w– what the hell is that q– que– question for?” Ga In barely got the words out from because of nervousness. Weird, I suddenly feel nervous. “That's really not a funny joke if you're joking.

“Are you deaf?” Seulong laughed. “That's not a joke, Ga In-ssi, that's a question.

“Then I refuse to answer your question.” She crossed her arms and turned away from him.

Seulong's smile faded. “Yah who are you to refuse your friend's question?” He grabbed her right hand and started to shake it, like a little kid begging for candies. “You have no right to refuse my question because I gave up my alone practice time to bug you.

Ga In tried to break free from Seulong's grasp but she couldn't. “Ah Im Seulong stop shaking my hand or else I'll tell Kw” She stopped midway, realizing that she almost said Kwon's name.

“You'll tell whom?” Seulong grinned. “Who are you going to tell?

“Jea unnie.” She said with a small voice. “Narsha unnie... Doojoonie...

Seulong let out a small laugh before letting go of her hand. “Right. Well just answer my question.” He leaned back on his chair. “Pleeeaaaassseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~~” and he held his voice. Ga In glared at Seulong, still saying "Please" before finally giving in.

 

“Aish. Fine! You want to know how I feel? I don't know. I don't know okay. Sometimes when I'm with Doojoon, I feel okay. I'm having fun. But then Kwon comes into my mind every once in a while. I don't know if it's just because we're not hanging out a lot when he started going here but... Sometimes I think what's up with us.. What's going on with us... but I DON'T KNOW. OKAY. I DON'T KNOW. I THINK ABOUT HIM BUT I DON'T KNOW. HAPPY?

 

Ga In exhaled heavily after her intense monologue. “I... Don't know.” She sighed. “I would talk to him about this because he's good in giving me advices when I'm confused but since he's a part of the subject, then I can't right?” and a weak laugh came from her. “Seulong, I don't know what to do.

 

“I do. Go out with him.” Seulong said seriously. 

 

Ga In's eyes widened. “What?” She looked shocked at what Seulong had just said. “Yah, are you being funny today?” She let out a fake laugh.  “If it is then it's not your day.

Seulong looked hurt... or tried to look hurt. “What? I'm serious! Do you see this” He pointed at his face. “handsome face laughing or smiling?

“Since when did that ugly face become handsome, huh?”Ga In laughed. “Aigoo Im Seulong stop spreading jokes today.

 

“Yah I told you I'm not joking. What should I do to convice you that I'm not joking?!” Seulong said. Come on, say the magic words Ga In-ah.

“Score a goal later at the match then I'll go out with Kwonnie.” She joked.

Got you. “CALL!

 

Ga In stopped laughing and looked at Seulong, confused. “Huh?” She raised her eyebrow at him. “Did you just accept a bet from me, babo Seulong?

“Mm.” Seulong looked serious. “You'll see. If I score one goal later, you'll go out with Jo Kwon.” He extended his right hand for a handshake of confirmation. “Deal?

Ga In stared at Seulong's hand and laughed. “Deal.” She took his hand and shook it.

 

 

Im Seulong why bet something that you can't even do. This will be an automatic win for me.

You'll eat your words, Son Ga In. I will make you go out with Kwonnie. Phase 2 will succeed.

a/n:

Ya'll know where to go next~ :3 (lol please go to the next chapter for the continuation & explanation why I split this into two parts)