023

Love Bites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The arrival to Taiwan was peaceful; I mostly slept on the plane while my siblings either catched up with their favorite shows or just simply spoke among themselves. Everyone else met us at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport. They all had taken different flights to Taiwan as most of the flights were booked or some even just had a private jets that they took instead. Which I don't understand why we all just didn't cram into a private jet and get here, but that was up for debate.

It was really surprising of how large my family has gotten in such a short span of time. I have new cousins that I didn't even know about or maybe I heard about them but never really paid attention to who they were.

Following my siblings, we walked down a large hall that lead towards baggage claims. Patiently, we waited for the belt to start up. A few suitcases came passing by but none of ours. We each only packed one suitcase even though it didn't seem like we were going to stay too long, but it's better save than sorry.

A few minutes pass and slowly we each find our suitcases. We waited for our parents and one of our Aunts that tagged along with my mother. We all gathered our stuff and headed towards the front of the airport.

As we walked out of the airport, limos were already out front waiting for us. We were like 40+ people including Super Junior, EXO, TVXQ and SHINee.

Looking around we stared at each other wondering who was going to ride with who. As we did that, we did get a few stares and some fans even approached the idols for autographs which they gladly signed.

"Wow. Taiwan has changed so much," said Donghae looking around.

"It has," I agreed.

The drivers from each limo got out and collected the bags as they started putting them away in the trunk. Baekhyun, Luhan, Donghae, Sungmin, Jongmin, Onew, Suho and Kris got into the limo with me, my siblings, and parents.

Everyone else got into a limo as well. There were like 6 or 7 limos for all of us. My aunts and Uncles had called for some SUVS so my Aunt Jing, Uncle Mao, and Aunt Biyu were stuck driving.

"So were does your uncle live?" Baekhyun asked suddenly.

The whole time Baekhyun was quiet, not saying a word. But I knew that he felt awkward around my entire family. I didn't blame him. Luhan was more at ease. As if he already knew them all.

I wonder what Luhan knows about my family.

The limo pulled away from the curb and headed out of the airport terminal.

"I don't know. Last time I saw him he was in Hong Kong. I don't know why he moved to Taipei," I answered.

"It's because he said he got tired in living in Hong Kong. He wanted to experience something different. Plus he lives outside of Taipei. Not necessarily the country side, but it is quiet out there," my mom said.

"Have you visited him lately?" Soo Young asked.

"I did. A few years ago. Remember when I left for a business trip to New York? Well I stopped here on my way back to visit him," mother explained.

We nodded. Donghae and Sungmin seemed like they were a little uncomfortable.

"What's wrong with you guys?" I asked

Donghae looked at me and then looked away.

Sungmin was the one who answered.

"It's just that we heard a lot about your Uncle Xiu. He's like famous in the vampire world. Most of the things we heard was good things but there have also been bad things. Like he is really scary and stuff,"

"That's not bad. And he is. But once he warms up to you, he's really nice," Soo Min shrugged.

"Easy for you to say," I said looking out the window.

I was sitting next to Baekhyun and Soo Young. Luhan was next to Baekhyun.

Your Uncle is not that bad.

Shut up. I don't want to hear it.

Oh come on.  

No. Why do you even like my Uncle? No one in my family besides my mother even likes my Uncle. So would you?

I have my reasons.

Like?

You're just going to have to find out on your own.

Jerk. Why bother mention it if you're not going to say anything?

I continued to look out the window. Wondering why I even came. I even wondered more about what that fairy was up to.

---

Liu's POV 

She was still in pain even hours after she was put into the holding cell.

I need to find a way to escape.

She started looking around even though the pain in her leg was still raw. Her eyes adjusted to the dim lighting of the cell. As her vision became less blurry, she noticed she was lying down on a rather comfortable matteress.

She wondered where this cell was even located, but she knew she wasn't going to be able to find out.

Probably in the middle of no where.

She continued to look around trying to see if there was even any possible way of escaping.

Attemping to sit up, her leg was too much in pain for her to even move. Every movement of her body sent chills down her spine because she just couldn't bear the pain anymore.

Suddenly she heard a shuffle from across her cell.

She didn't dare look because she didn't know what to expect. Instead she continued to look for ways of escaping.

As she looked around she noticed more and more details. Like the cell itself was neat. It wasn't like a prison cell where the toilet and sink were right there. Instead there was a door leading to the bathroom. It even had a shower. The cell was even nicely painted and had a few paintings of animals and flowers on the wall. The floor had a single red rug. There was a small window to the left. Which had bars like any cell would. Sunlight softly filtering in. By the looks of it the cell to be underground but that was all she could make out.

She also noticed the cells were rather large and that the doors themselves were extremely sturdy and she didn't see a key lock like traditional cell doors. It was more modern and required what seemed like a passcode and something more.

Again, she heard a shuffling noise followed by a single moan from what seemed to be the holding cell that was across from hers.

Trying to look across the hall, she saw a huge black figure standing. It's back facing her.

"Who's there?" she dared to ask

The figure slowly turned around to reveal a beautiful face. Her voice faltered as he, in all her standards was gorgeous. Every girl would want him.

He was tall. Luscious dark brown hair. Perfect clear skin. His body was beyond perfect.

But the question was... Why was he even here? What did he do to deserve to be put in a holding cell?

A smile formed on his perfect mouth. Revealing nice pearl white teeth. Suddenly, she felt nervous almost too scared to speak because she thought she couldn't compare to a being like him.

"Why aren't you a beauty?" he said looking directly at her.

"T-Thank you," she blushed as she wanted to look away from couldn't. She was glued to the bars as she tried to get closer but she knew she couldn't.

"It's not everyday that I have the chance to be in a holding cell with a beautiful girl like yourself," he said

Now he really went a little too far on that.

Smiling, she decided not reply because she felt as if she would say something rather rude.

"So why have you been put there? I heard Mi Na pop in, place you on the bed, lock the cell, and pop right back out,"

"You know her?" she asked almost instantly.

"Yes. I do. Why?" he responded sounding a little sad.

"Just wondering. And to answer your question I tried poisoning them. I wanted to know if they were truly vampires. I had an idea that the family I worked for were vampires but I wasn't sure and I didn't know how to prove it until one of my friends told me to try a simple poison. She said that it is highly poisonous to them. So I tried it on her and her family, but it didn't work. Or rather they didn't drink their drinks. And then some strangers suddenly popped in after she stabbed me in the leg with some iron. Which I didn't know how she found out but she said something about reading my mind or whatever. And now I'm here," she said breathing as she finished explaining herself.

She saw him nod as she wondered what he could be thinking.

"You tried poisoning them? Nice. You have balls. Oh by the way what is your name?" he said smiling

"Ruan Liu," she responded.

"Oh so your chinese. But your Korean is so good," he exclaimed.

"I learned from some friends. But they believe that I don't speak it or understand it," 

"Ah. So what exactly are you?" he asked as he tilted his head to the side as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

"What do you mean?"

"You are some sort of supernatural being," 

"I-I'm a fairy," she said looking down. She tried shifting but she felt the pain shot up her leg.

"A fairy? How rare," he said smirking

"What are you are?" she dared to ask

"I'm a fallen angel by birth. But raised as a vampire," he said

"F-Fallen A-Angel?" she stuttered. She was taken back by his response. That would explain why she found him so attractive.

"Yes. My adoptive family raised me as their own. They were close to my parents before they died. But the only father, mother, and sister I've ever known abandoned me a few years ago. They said that I shouldn't be part of their family anymore because they thought people were going to judge them because they adopted a fallen angel boy. In the vampire society associating with a fallen angel is not quite accepted. You can befriend one but to marry one and have a child with one or even adopting one is forbidden," he paused as if to control his emotions. "They didn't know until I grew older. They assumed at first I was vampire. But now they say I could be part vampire. But they doubt it," he said as he softly slid off the bed and onto the cold floor.

She couldn't help but to feel bad for him.

They stayed quiet like that for a few minutes, before she started dozing off.

---

Mi Na's POV

After about an hour, we finally arrived to my Uncle's place.

I let out a sigh, as the limo slowly came to a stop. Baekhyun and Luhan had fallen asleep. Baekhyun had placed his head on my shoulder and Luhan was leaning on him. I was stuck between him and my sister who had also fallen asleep. On the way. I was so anxious that I couldn't sleep at all.

Instead I put my earphones in and listened to my music as my parents and everyone else in the limo with us chattered away.

Once the limo stopped, Donghae and Sungmin were the first ones out. Followed by my brothers and Ye Eun.

Erik followed after her and my parents soon climbed out as well.

I was stuck. I couldn't move at all. Lucky Max and Yunho had stayed behind as they gathered their belongings.

"Um Oppa can you help me?" I asked looking the them. They mischivesously smirked.

"Sure thing," said Max as he came over next to Luhan and shook him awake.

"WHAT THE HE--,"

"We're here," Max smiled at him.

I shook Soo Young awake and I pushed Baekhyun's head off my shoulder and he immediately woke up shocked. I giggled as I glanced at him before I made my way out followed by my sister.

As I got out the rest of my family were already outside. No one dared to go any further. I didn't blame them.

My mother sighed and made her way to his very large house. It was the biggest house out here.

Before my mother even made it to the door, it swing open and a rather tall but slender man came out. He had somewhat long black hair. His skin was rather tan compared to that of my mother.

My mother ran up to him and threw herself at him. He smiled widely from ear to ear and braced for her. He was taller than her by a very large margin.

He spun around twice and then gently placed her back down the ground. It was so graceful and delicate I was amazed by it that I didn't realize I was holding my breathe.

My Uncles and Aunts sighed and slowly made their way towards him.

His smile grew smaller but didn't completely vanish.

I followed Soo Young and Soo Min. Followed by the 33 idols.

Uncle's Xiu's eyes grew wider in realization that there were well over 50+ plus people at the front of his house.

I smirked a little at his initial shock because he hardly ever showed emotions.

His other 8 brothers and sisters made their way towards him and greeted him.

He didn't hug them like he did my mother, but he still greeted them back. I slowly made my way towards him. I didn't want to but I had to.

(They will be speaking Chinese along with korean from the members)

"Oh Mi Na? Wow you have changed so much! My dear lord you surely have grown up," he exclaimed as he brought me into his embrace. I lightly patted him on the back. He quickly let go and moved on with my siblings.

He then greeted the other guests, and even exchanged some words with them remembering some of them.

He invited us into his house, and I have to tell you, looks really are deceiving. As we walked into the living room, it was almost as big as my Aunt Liang's back in Beijing.

We all slowly sat down. It seemed as though everyone in the room was on edge except for my mother.

Luckily my other aunts and uncles didn't bring along all their children. The only cousin that was actually there was Meng Yao, who didn't have a choice.

I was torn on sitting between Luhan and Baekhyun but lucky Soo Young let me sit between her legs. She gently played with my hair as Uncle Xiu went into the kitchen to get alot of drinks prepared for us. I looked around his living room and it was nicely decorated with simple yet beautiful decor. He had very few pictures of our family. Even fewer of his children and late wife.

My mother followed by her siblings all sat on the very large couch. My dad had no choice but to sit with the wives/husbands of my aunts and uncles.

Meng Yao sat with us on the other couch that my uncle had in his large living room. The idol members sat on the floor who didn't really seem to mind.

It was rather quiet in the room until my Aunt Biyu talked out loud.

"Li, your children have grown so much since the last time I've seen them. They seem so much powerful than before. Especially Mi Na," she said smiling towards me.

"Thank you. Yes they have actually. Probably because of all the hard work they put in to strengthen and control thier powers," our mother said proudly.

Soon after Uncle Xiu came out of the kitchen with a tray full of what seemed to be lemonade.

"Fresh from my garden," he exclaimed as he handed some of us a glass of the lemonade.

"Xiu do you need help?" offered my mom.

"Oh no. I am fine dear sister," he said smiling brightly towards her as he handed me my glass.

I took it and smelled it before taking a sip. My brothers and sister, along with Aunt Jing, Aunt Liang, Uncle Mao, Uncle Gui, and Uncle Zian as well as my parents looked at me werely to make sure it was safe.

Once they saw me take a sip they relaxed and drank some before carefully placing the glass on the coffee table. 

The lemonade was a mixture of very sweet yet sour lemons and some fresh human blood la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter