001

Love Bites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanging out with your best friend over summer was the best feeling anyone could have. We have not had a break since exams and it had been a long time since we hung out. A wave of relief rushed over me as I finally finished my first year in college. Ji Young, who had been my best friend since childhood, was still in high school, but soon after, she would start college as well - Something which I was looking forward to because I did not think I can survive in the school all by myself. It has already been a horrendous first year in college by myself and I do not wish to suffer again. I did not even want to think about it. 

"Mi Na, let's go to the mall!" whined Ji Young as she did the famous, 'aegyo' look. I sighed, I despise shopping. Maybe when I love it, the cow will jump over the moon. But this was for Ji Young and no matter how hard I tried to resist the temptation of agreeing with her because of her cute 'aegyo' but failed terribly - as always.

"Sure. I suppose," I chirped, not wanting to disappoint her.  I rolled out of bed and walked over to my walk-in-closet. Turning on the light, how big my walk-in-closet was evident. It was practically a room. I had so many clothes and a lot of it was when I had modeled for some of my sister's fashion shows. A lot of people say we are really rich, but we are humble and try our hardest to treat everyone equally. We don't want to be known as snobby and very stuck up. We have an image to uphold in both societies we live in. Which can be very hard and stressful, but we make it work... sometimes. I scanned around my closet to find a pair of shoes that can go along with my outfit. My eyes moved towards the corner of my room and I saw the beautiful sandal I bought the previous week. I gazed into the mirror which was located at the side of the cabinet and I think that I looked gorgeous but I still wanted to know Ji Young's opinion. 

"Ji Young, do you think this look suits me? Should I change?" I pestered her, she was laying down on my bed and reading one of my books. Without even glancing in my direction, she replied,

"You look great." I knew she wasn't paying attention and was too absorbed in reading. I took a quick look at myself and decided that I am presentable. There was no need for make-up because 'natural' is my beloved concept after all.

"Let's go, Ji Young, stop reading," I nagged and she put down her book and sighed dreamily, probably thinking about her boyfriend - kidding. She shook her head and took her purse which was placed on the table. We made our way out of my room and then walked down the long hall of my house towards the main stairs.

"Ma'am, may I ask where you're going?" asked one of the maids whose name I do not know. 

"The mall," I replied, feeling irritated because I got quite a shock when she appeared out of nowhere suddenly.

"Okay," she muttered and went back to her business.

Once we reached the first floor, Ji Young and I walked into the kitchen to go to the garage. Once in the garage, I reached over to the key holder for my car key and unlocked the car to get in. 

"Smells new," she said as she put her seatbelt on.

"Yup, and it's already two years old," I beamed, oh how I adored my cars! 

                                                                                                            ~ ~ ~

It took a while to reach the mall. After I was able to find a parking spot in the parking garage, we got out of the car and made our way to the elevator. Reaching the main floor of the mall, it was obvious the mall was packed like sardines. As Ji Young and I walked into the mall everyone was staring at me. Or it seemed like they were—I don't know if I was being paranoid or not. Why do they always stare at me? All I'm asking is to be normal for once. I know I'm a vampire and vampires are beautiful, but I just want some space, for goodness sake! 

I ignored everyone as always, I wasn't being a stuck up girl or something but what am I suppose to do when these people are staring at me? Smile at them? Not in a million years, the last time I did that to the people in front of me and forgot about the other side, people complained and caused a commotion. Ji Young and I walked around the entire mall, not even bothering to look into any of the stores. Though I guessed that was the whole point of coming to the mall.

"What now?" I demanded this was her idea after all. Just as when I thought that Ji Young would answer me, she suddenly pulled on my arm and ran.

"What are you doing!?" I shrieked.

"IT'S EXO!!!" she screamed as we continued running. She pushed people out the way shocking me as I was dragged along.

Who is EXO? Why is she like this? I've never in 200 years of my life seen her like this!

"Who?" I said as I tilted my head to the side.

"EXO is this boy band. They are amazing! Not only are they gorgeous but they are extremely talented! Oh, let's go before all the younger ones fill in the front!" she screamed as she stopped for a moment to explain before pulling me once again.

Here we go again.

I, for once, let her. I wanted to see how 'super incredible' were these guys anyway. A Boyband? Bite me! Getting to the front was surely not an easy task—The girls were fierce I tell you! Ji Young pushed them all aside before they realized who I was.

"That's more like it," muttered Ji Young evilly knowing why they were stepping aside.

"Yes, my young ones. This is the one and only Cha Mi Na! Now bow down peasants!" everyone looked at her like she was an alien.

"She's kidding. Don't mind her," I said beaming a smile to everyone. It was obvious that they were nervous and it wasn't because of EXO. God damn it, Ji Young! You and your ridiculous jokes!

Some were even chanting. Though I've had this was beyond me. It was crazy and I honestly wanted to leave but I was doing this for Ji Young since she seemed like a huge fan. After waiting a few more minutes EXO came out on stage. As soon as everyone saw them, they started screaming and chanting, which included Kwon Ji Young. Sighing I turned my attention to EXO as they greeted the audience. my them, finally Ji Young and I made it through the crowd to the front. The stage was empty though a lot of the fans were screaming and yelling fan chants, 

"1, 2, 3," one of them said into the microphone.

"Hello everyone. We are one! We are EXO!" they all said in unison.

I rolled my eyes a little because this was annoying me, but I watched them as they performed songs that sounded familiar, but I couldn't put my finger to it. Maybe I did listen to them, I was just unaware of it. After they finished performing one of their songs, they called people up to sing with them or play random games. I was staring dead at one of them admiring his looks when I was suddenly called upon. Making everyone around me shocked. 

"What! Me?" I babbled like an idiot, pointing to myself.

"Yes you now come up," said a pale yet cute tall one. He sounds so demanding! AISH! Shoving my purse towards Ji Young who so happened to be in shock, I make my way towards the stage. As I reached the stairs that lead to the stage, the guy whom I was staring at, offered his hand to help me up the steps. I took it with my long fingers and I felt myself turning red. Did I wonder why? I rarely would ever blush.

 

After getting on stage, everyone was dead silent which sort of scared the crap out of me. I wasn't sure if they were just a tough crowd because I was chosen or what. For some odd reason, I felt nervous although I have never felt so nervous before. Maybe it was because I was standing on the same stage with famous idols, although I shouldn't be. I felt very conflicted and couldn't explain my feelings.

"Okay! So this lucky girl has the opportunity to play a game with us!" A tall blonde, who was indeed very handsome, that, I must admit, said.

The crowd clapped as they looked at me.

"So what's your name?" asked the guy as he turned towards me.

"Cha Mi Na," I replied softly, bowing my head down - to show my respect. 

"C-Cha Mi Na. The same Cha Mi Na, who's family owns this mall and much more?" stuttered a kind of shorter yet still taller than me guy, who had brownish-black hair.

"Yes," I confirmed, smiling widely - hey! Is not every day you hear people complimenting you right? Wait, was he? Oh god, I am crazy! Everyone gawked at me in astonishment.

"No way," gasped the one who held out his hand for me earlier.

"Not to be rude but can I get your names? I'm not familiar with you guys, no offense. My friend dragged me here, but your songs sound so familiar. I think I heard it on the radio," I said explaining to them - I almost regret saying that because I swear to god I heard someone booing at me and I blushed furiously. 

"Oh well, I'm Baekhyun," said the guy who helped me up the steps.

"I'm Kai," said the one who I thought had brownish-black hair.

"Kris," said the one who told the crowd what was going to happen.

The rest of them introduced themselves to me. It was hard trying to remember all of their faces, but I tried my best.

"Ah, now I remember. I was at the press conference of yours' and went to your company once. Hell, I  know all your songs and dances. I'm not saying I'm a  fan yet, but I like your style," I gushed like a fangirl, God saved me! What is wrong with me today? They nodded their heads, and the atmosphere suddenly became awkward. 

"Well, let's move on!" Tao said, who looked a little irritated. I do not know whether I should be annoyed with his tone or be relieved that he saved us all from the 'scene' just now. 

"So the game is dancing along with side a few of the members," Luhan explained sweetly. I thought I had melted - his angelic voice and his perfect features - it was too much. 

"Yes, so which song would you like to dance along to?" Suho added.

"Um, History?" I replied in more of a questioning tone after gaining back my conscious. 

"Okay. Chinese or Korean version?" Chanyeol questioned. 

"Chinese,"

"Okay, History Chinese version it is," Kris confirmed. 

So some of the members went to their respective positions as Kai mentioned for me to get in between Luhan and Chen.

"We'll start the music and just try your best to dance with the other members. Alright?" Kai said as he stepped aside to allow room for the rest of us.

"Okay. Easy enough," I said excitedly. The people backstage monitoring the performance started the music. Six EXO members began to dance, and I was able to catch on pretty quickly. I already knew the beginning pretty well, and I could tell that they kept the choreography the same; they only made minor adjustments to accommodate a 7th person. I was dancing along with them pretty well as they were surprised that I was falling into step and into the formation they wanted. As we danced, they would keep looking at me in amazement, on how my dancing was a spot on. I was getting into it, but before that could happen the song came to an end. I was a little disappointed it ended so quickly, but at the same time, I was proud that I did exactly what they wanted, hopefully at least.

"Wow. That was incredible! Are you sure you didn't sneak into our practices or something?" Sehun joked.

"No, I naturally catch on to things," I replied, a little embarrassed.

The crowd was still cheering as they were also impressed by my performance or maybe they were just too amazed that they got to see EXO performed live. 

"YEAH! THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND!" Ji Young yelled I could recognize her voice, I pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter