BECAUSE OF THE RAIN

BELIEVE ME... I LOVE YOU!!! (sequel)
Please log in to read the full chapter

~~~ heaved a tired sigh. She looked at her watch and realized that she’s been waiting for her boyfriend for 45 minutes already. She rubbed her arms when a cold wind rushed past her. She looked up at the sky and saw that sun was setting at the same time the dark clouds start to form. She rummaged through her bag, looking at her red umbrella but no matter how much she digs in and ransack her bag, she didn’t find any trace of it. She huffed and groaned in annoyance.

 

“why am i so unlucky?!!” she ruffled her hair till it turns messy. Crossing her arms, she just sat on the swing, still waiting for him to arrive when something dropped on her hand, then to her arms, then to her legs and face. She looked up and right on cue, heavy rain started to pour out as she looked around her but saw no shed nor any roofs or dry place near to where she was right now. With no other choice, she just sat down on the swing, hugging her own bag, and stayed there like it is not raining.

 

“YAH!!!” she heard a shout after minutes and when she looked up, she saw hongki looking down at her, also drenched in the rain. She hastily stood up and hugged him.

 

“i thought you’ll not show up again~” she said. Tears started to fall in her eyes but thanks to the rain, it helped her to cover it up. Hongki hugged her back but he sadly pulled away.

 

“~~~-ah.. Look.” He started as he reached her right hand and put her red umbrella on it.

“oh! My umbrella!!! How did—“

“i saw it in my locker. You put it there last week remember? The day when you were so lazy to go to your own locker.” ~~~ smiled and nodded. Before she could hug him once again, hongki held her shoulders.

“~~~-ah.. i got to go~”

“huh? But.. but.. you promised that we will have our date.”

“but it’s raining!”

“yes, i know! Then at least walk me home!” ~~~ answered back. She frowned when she saw him stepping back.

“~~~-ah.. i need to go.. Go home safely, okay? Use your umbrella.” Hongki stole her umbrella, opened it and made her hold it.

“I have a very important business to go to. Okay?” he held her cheeks and pecked it and turned his back on her. he was about to run again when ~~~ stopped him.

“what do you mean important business?” she looked at him worriedly. Hongki looked at his watch and fidgeted. He doesn’t know what to tell to ~~~.

“is this important business you are saying is juniel eonnie?” she said in a hurtful tone. She looked at him expecting a shake in the head but to her appal, he was fidgeting and looking so nervous.

“So it is her.” she said in a shaky tone.

“~~~-ah.. i’m sorry.. i-“

“Please don’t go. Kajima. Please.” ~~~ begged him. hongki looked away, the look on her face is making him hurt and guiltier. Well, he can just ditch juniel and just stay with ~~~ but why does it feel like going to her and leaving ~~~ alone is better than doing the exact opposite? ~~~ let out a forceful smile as she pulled his free hands. He suddenly felt a cold metal touching his palm and when he looked at it, he saw the opened umbrella.

 

“Go.” With that one word, ~~~ walked away from the place. Leaving a very confused hongki. Confuse you ask? Yes. He is. He’s confused to why he was still standing there and not following the love of his life. That instead of refusing and avoiding juniel, he just needed to agree and choose to pick her instead of being and staying with his girlfriend.

 

As soon as she turned around the corner, ~~~ can’t help it but to feel so weak and was about to collapse. She shook her head trying to get some senses into her brain and continued walking then jogging then running till she came near to her house. She was grateful indeed that it is raining. The rain was able to hide her tears. The rain was able to hide the hurt she was feeling right there right now. But, also because of the rain, her boyfriend chose another woman to protect and take care. Because of the rain, she’s crying. Just like the clouds above, her eyes starts to fill with water and soon fell down her eyes. She held trying to suppress her cries; she didn’t want other people to see her in this state. She didn’t want her brother to see her crying and bother her again to why she was crying. She didn’t want to say the reason, the truth, the root, the cause of her tears. It hurts. Even just by saying it, hurts.

 

*finally* she thought as she knocked on their door. She was feeling so weak, cold and sick. A few more knocks and soon someone opened the door. But as she was about to step inside, everything gone black.

 

Panting, hongki reached the cafe where juniel said she was. He looked around and it truly has so many people on the place, since it is covered with roofs and it kept them on being dry. He looked at the place and saw juniel sitting on a bench. He ran to where she is.

 

“yah!” he called her while trying to catch his breath.

“omo! Oppa!” juniel stood up and went near him. he looked at her up and down, scrutinizing her and all.

“you seemed very well.” he said as he gave her a very suspicious look. Juniel bit her lips while looking around. She chuckled nervously.

“ahah. Ahah.. oppa~ do you want some hot coffee?”

“don’t try to change the subject choi juniel!” hongki raised his voice.

“well, it’s because there’s no thun- AAAAAAHH!” juniel shrieked when the thunder once again roared. She blocked her ears and her body trembled. He saw her scared at the first time and can’t help it but to pull her and wrap his arms around her. her eyes were wide opened at his sudden action.

“oppa.”

“ssssshhhh..” he shushed her. juniel gulped the lump on her own throat and touched her chest. Why isn’t she feeling weird? Why isn’t her heart thumping just like how it beat so fast when he’s near? She was confused to her feelings as well. Wonbin? Hongki?

“oppa.. please accompany me home.” she said in a low voice. Without any choice, he nodded and gave her the blue umbrella.

“why blue?? I want the red one!” she said a

Please log in to read the full chapter