Meet the doc

Entangled in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Krystal managed to get a doctor appoinment on the next day. We went there after I finished my class. I was sweating as Krystal and I entered the doctor's office. All eyes were on me. I bet they think I'm a boy.

 

I looked for a place to sit after we registered at the reception. Next to us sat 2 ladies, one middle aged and a younger one next to her. Bwoaaah the older one, she must be like 16 months pregnant. I think her belly is going to explode (O_O;)

 

 

“Hey, Krys” I whispered to her “How do you know this place?”

 

“The supermarket owner told me, her daughter just gave birth to a boy a few months ago. The doctor is supposed to be very good”

 

“She really is” the middle aged woman in “You guys are new, right? I haven't seen you around. You look so young. I bet it's your first, right?”

 

 

Krystal opened , trying to correct the lady “No, we are not a cou...”

 

“Yes, it is” I cut Krystal before she finished her sentence “And what about you? I think the due date is pretty soon, right?”

 

Suddenly the middle aged woman gave me a deathly glare “I'm not pregnant. I'm just here to accompany my daughter. She's in her 5 months”

 

“Oh.. Uhh.. sorry” I scratched my head and bowed deeply.

 

, what am I supposed to know? I mean, just look at that belly.

 

“C'mon, we'll go sit somewhere else” the woman took her daughter to sit somewhere else.

 

 

 

After they left, Krystal was laughing like mad “Nice, mega brain”

 

“Oh come on Krys, she could be having an elephant baby judging the size of her belly”

 

“Dork” Krystal said, trying hard to stop laughing.

 

“Just shut up” I told her.

 

 

 

“Hey, Am..”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Why didn't you let me finish earlier?”

 

“They don't have to know our life story. It's easier if they think we're a couple”

 

“You don't mind if people mistake you as a boy?”

 

“I'm used to it”

 

“Ms. Jung” the nurse called her name, she got up.

 

“You're not coming?” She said

 

“Should I?”

 

“I'd like you to be there”

 

I nodded and walked beside her inside the examination room.

 

 

 

“Doctor Kim will be here soon, she has a call” the nurse said

 

“It's okay. Thank you” Krystal said.

 

The nurse looked at Krystal and said “Why don't you come with me to change your clothes into this?” She said, holding a hospital gown in her hands. “Your husband can wait here”

 

 

 

Husband.

 

That sounds weird.

 

 

“I'll be back” Krystal said to me.

 

I nodded.

 

 

 

I looked at the doctor's table. There are pictures of a young woman, around mid 20, blonde hair. She looks so petite in the pictures. The doctor Kim must be around 50 if he already has a daughter that old.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter