The heart of a child

Entangled in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L's POV

 

I didn't even get a chance to catch her as she got up her bed and ran. The periphreal catheter torn out, blood dripping from her arm but she didn't care and kept yelling, “DADDY! DADDY!” as she ran out.

 

“Nayeon!” I called her but she just ran past the door, I followed behind her.

 

“DADDY!” Nayeon screamed. Amber turned her head, she got on her knees as she saw the little girl running to her “Princess!”

 

“Daddy!” Nayeon ran into Amber's arms, the latter wrapped her tightly in her arms, lifted her and held her close. Nayeon wrapped her little arms around Amber's neck and started crying “I'm sorry, Daddy. I'm so sorry”

 

“Princess, why are you apologizing?”

 

“I'm sorry for disappointing you, Daddy. I'm sorry that I always get sick. I'm sorry, Daddy. But please don't leave me and mommy again”

 

“Princess, it wasn't because of you”

 

“I'm sorry for always getting sick, that I always make you sad. I'm sorry. I promise I won't get sick again. I promise I'll eat everything you tell me to. I won't get sick anymore. Please take me and mommy home”

 

I watched Nayeon sob on Amber's neck “Daddy, I understand that you didn't want me...”

 

Amber cried as she said, “Oh God, Princess. Don't even think for a second that I didn't want you. I love you and your mommy more than anything in the world”

 

“Then why did you leave, Daddy? Why did you leave me and Mommy?”

 

“I... I didn't have a choice, Princess.”

 

“I'm so sorry, Daddy. I'll be better, I promise. I won't get sick again. Promise.”

 

 

What have I done?

 

All along she thought that Amber didn't want her because she always got sick, she's only seven but she blamed herself and thought that Amber left her because she didn't deserved to be loved.

 

What kind of monster am I?

 

 

“Please don't say such things, Princess. I had to leave you and your Mommy. It has nothing, hear me, nothing to do with you. You and your mommy are the most important people in my life. I had to leave but I'm not going to leave you again. Never again.”

 

“You don't hate me, Daddy?”

 

Amber cried “Please, Princess, stop saying things like that. Please don't even think that I didn't want you. All those days I had to be apart from you two, there wasn't a single day I didn't miss you”

 

“I missed you so much, Daddy. Mommy missed you, too. I sneaked out at night because I couldn't sleep, I went to Mommy's room and she was crying. That's why I stopped asking about you. I don't want Mommy to be sad”

 

“And I missed you. I missed you two so much”

 

“Don't leave us again. Please take us home, Daddy”

 

Amber nodded “I'll take you guys home. I promise"

 

 

A nurse approached them because Nayeon's arm was still bleeding, making Amber's shirt turn red from her blood.

 

Nayeon screamed and cried loudly as Amber tried to put her down.

 

“NO! NO! NO! Don't take away my Daddy from me! NO!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter