TAPVC

Entangled in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Amber's POV

 

Taeyeon was able to stabilize our baby girl and get her to the neonatal intensive care unit, but other than that, we have no idea what's going on. Jess and Yuri were walking back and forth in Krystal's room. Tiffany sat on the corner, her eyes puffy from crying.

 

It's been hours and Krystal wouldn't stop crying in my arms. Yuri and Jess tried to get some information but they've only been told, “The doctors are still examining her”

 

We all held our breath as the door opened.

 

 

 

Taeyeon came in, with 3 other doctors behind her.

 

“Hi guys”

 

“Unnie, how's my daughter?” Krystal said

 

“She's stable. I brought the doctor's team with me, we need to talk about her”

 

 

 

The tall guy behind her bowed a little before he said, “Ms. Jung, my name is Dr. Jung, I'm a cardiothoracic surgeon here, this is my partner, Dr. Shim. Over there is Dr. Song, the head of pediatric cardiologie. Dr. Kim was able to stabilize your daughter and she informed us afterwards about her condition.”

 

Krystal took my hand, I squeezed it gently.

 

“Your daughter suffered from a heart defect called  total anomalous pulmonary venous connection, or TAPVC for short. It's very rare. I could only find 2 other cases of that here in Korea. It's a defect where the veins from the lungs are attached to the heart in an abnormal position, causing the oxygenated blood to leak in the wrong chamber. Thus your daughter had breathing problems.”

 

“Is there anything we can do?” I asked them.

 

“The only thing we can do is to operate her, she had a minor obstruction as well, so we can't wait that long.” Dr Shim explained.

 

“Please do anything to save her” Jess said.

 

“There are still some problems we need to clear up. The operation is mandatory in order to save her, so no matter how big the risk is, it has to be done, because without it, she won't survive. But there's another problem”

 

“What problem?” Jess said impatiently.

 

“We have never operated on this kind of defect but we managed to get in touch with a professor who conducted the last operation here in Korea and he agreed to supervise us. After the operation, your daughter has to stay here for at least a month. We talked to the hospital management, we're doing this voluntarily but you guys still have to cover up for the operation's expenses. We tried everything but we were just able to reduce ¼ from it.”

 

“How much will it be?”

 

“It will cost A LOT” Taeyeon said.

 

“We'll get the money somehow. Just save her” Jessica said again.

 

“That's the problem. The hospital won't allow us to operate until someone with credibility will sign the insurance paper” Dr. Jung sighed “I'm so sorry. This is about saving lives but our hands are tied. We'll try to talk to the hospital director again tomorrow. We'll do everything we can to save your daughter. I'm sorry that we can't bring you good news” The doctors bowed and left the room.

 

 

 

Taeyeon explained the whole situation again. Yuri is on the phone, trying to ask how much money she'll get if she sold her bookstore. No matter what we do, we can't afford the operation. I feel useless, I can't help my little Princess.

 

I tried to call L, I know Krystal wouldn't want it, but we need to save her. He was nowhere to be found. I was kicked from L's parents residence. I screamed at the gate, saying that they need to save their granddaughter's life but only their bodyguards came out. I was beaten up the second time I went there.

 

 

 

Krystal and I went to see her the next day.  She was asleep, she looked fine when she was sleeping but as soon as she cries extensively, she turns blue. Krystal fed her. Afterwards, I had her in my arms. 

 

“Krys...” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter