The mind of a child

Entangled in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L's POV

 

I sat on the porch, looked at the half empty scotch glass and emptied it. I lifted the bottle, trying to pour another glass only to realize that the bottle is empty and I threw it in frustration.

“ you all!” I screamed as I threw the bottle and it shattered as it hit our front wall.

I couldn't sleep, mad about everything.

I made a mistake, so what?

I didn't know.

Nothing happened to Nayeon anyway.

 

Am I a bad father?

I am not.

I've only known her for 14 months, I haven't known her as long as Amber did.

That's because you left her; my conscience spoke.

Yeah, I left her, but I came back, didn't I? If it wasn't for me, if I didn't pay for her operation she wouldn't even survive.

Kim Myungsoo, you're becoming like your parents.

What?! I am NOT! I will never ever ever turn into monsters like them.

You remember how you hid under your bed and cried the whole day because they sent you to the mansion at the river? They bought you everything money could buy but all you wanted was just a hug and that your father would spent some time to play football with you and that your mom would make you breakfast. You forgot all  of that?

I am NOT a bad father like my parents, I just need time. It's not my fault! It's Krystal's fault, she never gave me a chance to get to know my daughter. It is NOT my fault!

And where the hell is she? It's 2:30 am and she's not home. She's not at the hospital too. I checked with the nurse. I called her cell but she never answered.

 

I was about to dial her number again as I heard the gate being opened and I saw her come in. She took a glance at me, didn't say a thing and took out the key to the house.

“Where were you?!” I snapped at her.

She stood half way at the door. She didn't answer at first, but then she said, “I slept with Amber” before she shut the door close.

The glass I had in my hands shattered into pieces as I threw it to the door.

Everybody is against me. Everybody hates me.

And it's all because of her.

Amber.

I'll make you pay for this.

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

I opened my eyes as I felt a kiss on my forehead.

“Hey” I smiled at Soo

“Good morning” she said and gave me another kiss on my temple.

I lifted my head and looked at Nayeon “Is she awake?” I whispered.

“Not yet”

 

I went to wash my face and as I came back, Nayeon sat on her bed and smiled at me “Hey, Auntie Jess”

“Hey, you. How are you?”

“I'm fine” Nayeon said “Where's Mommy?”

“She's not here yet, but I'm sure she'll be here soon”

 

Just after I said that, the door opened and Soojung went in. Her face lit up as she saw Nayeon awake.

“Hi, Princess” Soojung said and hugged Nayeon tightly “I was so worried about you”

“I'm fine, Mommy. It was the ice cream, wasn't it?”

Soojung nodded.

“Don't be mad at Appa, Mommy. He didn't know”

Soojung forced a smile and weakly shook her head “I won't anymore”

 

I exchanged looks with Soo, is she going to tell Nayeon that Amber is back? We saw Soojung took a deep breath and carefully said, “Princess...”

“Yes, Mommy?”

“Do you still remember your Daddy?”

Nayeon turned her face away from Soojung and stared at her blanket.

“Daddy didn't want me. Daddy left me”

The sentences that came out of Nayeon's mouth were like knives to Soojung. Her face turned pale.

“Baby, you misunderstood. Your daddy....”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter