Dealing the Problem

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been so long, and finally today she determined herself to confront it.

 

She prepared herself to be ready to face any outcome. She held the documents tightly on her right hand and hid it under the table while she and her parents enjoying the dinner. She cleaned the table, washed the dishes then came out again to joined her parents in front of the TV. She could hear her heartbeats, like it moved up to her ears.

 

“Mom, Dad..” she called them so they can face her, “I need to talk about something.”

 

They were looking at her in curious. She was looking at their eyes and pushed the documents on the table.

 

“I found this,” she said with a cold voice.

 

It only took a second before her parents knew about the identity of documents that was left untouched above the table. Her mother closed with her hands, her father bent down his head and massaged it. They didn’t expect about this and stun.

 

“How did you find this?” her mother asked her slowly.

 

“I found it while we’re cleaning the house before..”

 

She could see their parents felt sorry about how she found out about the truth they’ve been hiding for over twenty-five years.

 

“Do you want us to tell you.. everything..?” asked her mother again, her father is still in silent. But there’s this sad look on his face.

 

“I.. I already read them all.. so..”

 

“Oh.. Bom-ah..” her mother  came to her and hold her tightly. She cares her hair and keeps saying sorry to her.

 

For Bom, the word ‘sorry’ was unnecessary. She just wanted to hear the word ‘i love you’ or nothing at all. She doesn’t want anything. She felt betrayed by life. All the rejected feelings she felt, not even a word can cure the pains.

 

But right now, on her mother embrace, she felt a little bit safe. That she knew the parents she knows all of her life, they love her. She could feel her father came to her back and pats her back over and over again. His pats says, “don’t cry anymore, my child..”

 

 

 

The three of them now sitting quietly, cleaning their messy face after the cries. She composed herself and she wanted to know the truth now. She’s ready now. Because she knew her parents won’t let her down.

 

“Can I.. Can I know about.. everything.. now..”

 

Her mother exhaled and held her hand.

 

“Me and your father, we’re already married for so long, but there’s no sign of me getting pregnant. And after a long thought, we decided to adopt a baby. We know a sister who works in an orphan, then we asked her to help us. And after a long waiting, she finally called us, and told us that there’s a baby girls waiting for us. And that was you, Bom..”

 

She nodded hearing her mother’s story.

 

“How about my..”

 

“Your real parents?”

 

“Yes..”

 

“We don’t know. They won’t let us know. Who she is or where she lives.. We don’t know..”

 

Bom erased a coming tears again.

 

“But, Bom.. We.. we love you so much. You’re really a daughter that heaven sent to us. There’s not a single day that I feel regret having you as my daughter. I feel grateful because God gave us a really loving daughter that can always make us smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter