A Chance ?

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heart beat so fast as she sat next to him on the passanger seat. She tried to focus on looking for a house. She came here once when she was still in junior highschool, companied her mother. She remember Mrs. Wang as a humorous person. She was once tried to match-making her son with Bom but it failed. Her son was just like her, so fun and energetic.

Jiyong stopped the car in front of the house that she pointed to.

"Are you going inside, too?"

He nodded.

"No. Wait here."

"It's cold."

"It's spring. It's not cold."

"I feel cold."

"Then wait in the car and turn on the heater!"

"Didn't I tell you that I support 'go green'?"

She wanted to push him back in the car but suddenly Mrs. Wang came outside and called her.

"Come inside you two! What a perfect time! I just made a cinnamon tea!"

 

"Drink it slowly, it's still hot.." Mrs. Wang said with a big loving smile.

"Thank you, Mrs. Wang," Bom sipped it, "It's delicious. So warm.." Jiyong who sat next to her also sipped it.

"Aigoo.. It's been a long time, Bom-ah. What brings you here?"

"Well, you must have been heard it from Mom that I'm getting married. So, I want to give you the invitation."

She took the invitation from Bom, "Omo.. You know that I will come even without invitation. Hahaha.." She put it on the table without a look, "So, finally you're going to married Jiyong.. What an exciting news, Bom-ah!"

Both Bom and Jiyong were choked.

"A..ani.."

"I know that both of you will end up marrying each other."

"M..mrs...."

"Since I saw him in your father's birthday I can sense it through all my body. You are really a match made in heaven. You must consider your self as a lucky man, Jiyong-ah.."

"Ah, yes, Mrs. Wang! I feel so lucky!" He said, put his hand on her shoulder. She shook it but Jiyong grabbed it firmly. Mrs. Wang kept on praising how wonderful Jiyong was and immediatelly disagree when Bom said bad things about him.

 

After playing a fake lovey dovey in front of unstopable Mrs. Wang, she gave her cold back to Jiyong once they got inside the car. He was humming a song and played his fingers on the steer wheel.

"It's annoying."

He ignored her and kept on humming happily.

"Stop it!"

"I can't believe I left such a great impression to your parents' friend. Am I that valuable? You must be happy.. You should be happy. Right, poong-poongie?"

"Who are you talking to?"

"You, my poong-poongie."

"I'm Bom."

He pouted, "yes, but you're also my poong-poongie.."

"Stop the car."

"Why?"

"I'm here to accept your kindness. Not to reminiscing our past. Stop the car, I'll go by myself."

He sighed, "okay, I won't say it again. Let me drive you. Please?"

She wasn't answering.

"I was your best friend before a lover. For our friendship?" He said again.

She was in a deep thought.

"Ng?"

"Okay.." She answered.

"Assa!"

 

They arrived on the market where Mrs. Jang's store located. She was going to dropped some invitations so her mother could give it to her friends.

"I think it will be better if you wait here.."

He nodded.

After dropped the invitation and had a little chat with her mother she was back with a cup of toppoki on her hand. was full with the one she had before and she chew it happily. As she walked closer she realize that Jiyong was smoking as he lean his body to the car. She slow down her pace as her mind flew back to years ago.

Years ago, when she tried really hard to make him stop smoking. One of his bad habits that he promised he would stop when she moved in with him. She would kept a stock of candies and gums on his pocket, replacing the cigar. She would steal the cigar from his pocket when he secretly bought it again. And as long as she remember, he was clean from cigar already.

"Toppoki." She shove it to him. Realizing her exsistancy he quickly threw the cigar and crushed it with his foot.

"Thanks.."

 

They drove in silence. She knew she shouldn't worry or something but the image of him smoking really disturbing her.

"So, you smoke again."

She didn't k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter