How We Feel

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There's nothing more confusing when you woke up in a man's arms but you dreamt about another. This was the first time after a long time for her to woke up with a heavy head. She saw that he was still on his yesterday attire. He must be overslept here while she kept on begging him to not leave her alone.

"Seunghyun-ah.." She cupped his cheek and woke him up slowly.

He grunted and curled his body. Deepen his sleep. She smiled to his baby act and let him rest more.

She came to the kitchen and saw her mother preparing a breakfast. There's already four bowl of rice on the table. She put on a stupid grin.

"Wake up Seunghyun." Said her mother,

"I did. But I think he's too tired.."

"Still he needs to eat."

"Okay.."


Half awake he greeted Bom's parents shyly.

"When will your parents come, Seunghyun-ah?" Asked Mr. Park.

"Tomorrow. They'll arrive tomorrow.."

"Ah, really? I'll pick them at the airport then.."

"Thank you, Ahbeoji. But, I'll pick them myself.."

"No.. No.. You need to rest for your big day. Also, I kinda miss them.."

"That's right. You're losing weight, aren't you? Aigoo.. Here, eat more.."

"Yes, Eommoni.."

Bom giggled silently. Even after all these years Seunghyun was still awkward in front of her parents.


After sending Seunghyun back to his house she was back to her gloomy side. She just sat on the bed, staring at the empty floor. She needs to hurry go to the office but her mind was not in it. She picked up her dead battery phone and connected it to the charger. As soon as it automatically there were plenty of alert, mostly from Jiyong as she looked at it. She erased them all without even open the messages.


*****


The gym was quite packed eventhough it was Monday. She always came on Monday because it always nearly empty. She decided to just swim since there's no people in the pool. She took a couple of laps then rest in the corner of the pool. She's not sure but seems like there's another man swim to her direction but she's too groggy to move aside.

The man's getting closer and she froze. He stopped swimming, took his head out of the water and cornered her.

"Gotcha." Said Jiyong.

Bom bewildered. But it's too late to escape because Jiyong got her wrist and waist.

"Don't run. If you're gonna run, then let's runaway together. You're already agreed that night and I want it now.."

He was speaking so close to her. His lips sometimes brushed her skin, made her kept looking on his lips. She was sure she's inside the water but her body suddenly feel warm and breathe uneven.

"I'm aching for your touch, Bom.." He kissed her neck made her tilted her head.

This is not right. She thought.

He trailed to her collar bone then to the other side of her neck. She rest her hand on his shoulder.

"Stop.." She said powerless.

But he didn't stop. He kissed her chin, her nose, her cheek, then he already on the corner of her lips.

He stopped to see her reaction. Her cheek was flushed red and her chest moved rapidly.

"I want to kiss you badly." He lightly brushed his lips to hers. Make her body reacted and a moan slipped through her lips.

"You can't." She answered.

"Really?"

But her legs were wrapped around his waist and her nail left a red scratched on his shoulder.

He positioned his lips in a form to kiss her and unknowingly she moved her lips too. He smirked.

"Should I.. kiss.. you?"

She can't answer.

His fingers trilling around her back made her more powerless.

She wants it. She wants that kiss. But she doesn't want to be the person who made a move. That will be mean that she's totally surrender on his trick.

He grinded his crotch to her. She obviously made a moan and tilted her head back.

! Why am I so weak?! She cursed herself.

Just when she enjoyed every part of her body being teased and pleased a bunch of rich kids made an entrance to the pool with a loud laugh. Bom immediatelly pushed him away and climbed up, sat in a bench. She covered herself with the big white towel followed by Jiyong.

"How did you find me?"

"You're always here on Monday."

Like he just forgot about what he-they-just did in the pool and pulled themselves in a conversation.

"Why are you trying to avoid me? You said you'll stay with me.."

"That night was a mistake. It shouldn't happened."

"A mistake?"

"Yes. I just lose my control."

"Was that a mistake when you clearly moaned my name beneath me?!" He talked a bit loud, she sure those kids heard him, "and what just happened a minute ago? Was that also a mistake?!"

"Ji, please. You know the answer," she whispered carefully.

"What the hell, Bom?! What are you trying to do to me?!"

"I'm just trying to make clear about us. We're nothing! We're done and we shouldn't meet like this anymore. This is so wrong. I really mean it.."


He bent his head. He got a massive headache. He thought everything was just fine and she only needs time to took care of her cancelled wedding. He thought  of running away to the beautiful places with her. He thought of growing old together with her.

"No." He said, "you're coming with me."


He waits in front of women's changing room and made sure that she's not running away. She grabbed her hands in a time when she shown herself coming out from that place. She didn't fight. She always knew it was useless. She just need to wait for a perfect time to get away.

It has been a two hours drive in a highway and by the traffic board she's sure they were heading to Sokcho.

"Where are we going?" She pretended.

He didn't answer.

"Jiyong, I have work tomorrow. It's late already.."

She remember how he always drive in a silent everytime he felt angry. And he will hold her hand tight. And she will always wait for his rage to calm down. She will caress his arm and wait until he talk. Jiyong has a bad temper but she was glad that he always tried to composed himself when he was with her.

"Ji, let's rest for awhile in the next gas station. Please?"

He shook his head then calmly took her hand and put their linked fingers on his thigh.

"We're almost there.." He finally spoke.

"Ji.. Please, let me go home.."

"You said it. You said you'll runaway with me."

"I'm wrong.. It's my fault.. I made mistake.. I'm sorry.."

 

"I'll take you back if you tell me that you don't love me. Tell me now, and I'll turn the car." He looked her through her eyes, a piercing one that gave her a chill.

She just need to say it. It should be easy because she loves Seunghyun. Because she will be living a life that she already dream about. But why did she can't say it. Why that words not coming out from her lips. Why her eyes got teary and she fell back to her seat. Why she let him kiss her hand and gave her butterflies. Why?


After opened the door and gave Jiyong the key of the pansion, the owner left them alone. Bom stayed quiet. Her eyes were puffed. He lead her to sit on the couch and he made his way to the kitchen, found a sachet of cocoa on the complementary box. He boiled a hot water and made a hot cocoa for her.

 

He sat beside her.

And they stay in a silent for a long time. She with a cup of hot cocoa on her hands and he with an empty wooden floor. Listening to the sound of wave outside the window.

"Where's my room?"

He led her to the room and watched her sat on the bed.

"I think we should use different room.."

Jiyong's not answering.

"Can you at least do that for me?" She asked again.

"I'll stay until you're asleep."

 

After changing her clothes into men's undershirt Jiyong bought before at the minimart, she's squirmed under the blanket. He turned off the head lamp then sat on the floor beside her bed.

"Jiyong-ah.."

"Uh?" He turned his head.

"Why?"

"What?"

"Why are you so persistant?"

 

He took a minute before answering.

 

"It hurts.. Because it's really hurt.. In here.. I can't breathe without you.. Everyday without you.. I feel so empty, Bom-ah.."

Bom was taken aback when she saw his glistening eyes on the dim light. She grabbed her blanket tightly. Because right now she wants to jump and hug him tight.

"The only thing that can make me feel alive is to love you, and to get your love, too. I love you, Bom-ah.. I need you.. Please, forgive me and come back to me.. I love you.." He took her hand.

She couldn't held her tears anymore. He was also let his tears down.

 

"Jiyong, I.. When I looked back, it was because of the immature side of me, too. For not wanting to hear you, for blaming you in everything," she took a deep breath, "I'm sorry.. To cause you the pain.."

 

Her voice was cracking, "but I feel hurt, too, Jiyong-ah.. I was so happy with you back then. I love you so much that I don't think about anything else but you in my life. Then we broke up and I decided to go on with Seunghyun. But then, you came back. Right before my wedding."

She took a breath, "And you push me to choose. I can't choose, Jiyong-ah. Why does it has to be this complicated? Why? Why? Why? Do you know how hard it is for me?! Huh?!"

Jiyong stood up and sat on the bed, pulled the weak Bom to his embrace.

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry for not hold you back then. I'm sorry for not thinking about how you feel.. I'm sorry, Bom-ah.. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.."

Bom was crying to the end of her lungs made him in a deep pain. He hugged her so tight trying to ease their pain. He kept on saying that he was sorry. After some times, he put her back to the bed. Erased her tears and tucked her to sleep.

She was still crying until she couldn't  breathe and chocked then sobbing again. She used his arm as a pillow and burried her face on his chest then hugged him tight after hit him multiple times.

"I'm sorry.. It's okay.. Cry as much as you want. Hit me if you want. Let everything go.." He said while her hair.


*****


She was looking to her reflection on the mirror. She sighed as she saw a super swollen eyes after a whole night crying. Jiyong was not in the room when she woke up. She came out from the room and saw him already prepared a breakfast.

"Hi. Good morning.." He greeted with an awkward smile.

Yeah, so awkward, Park Bom. Why did you cry that hard? So embarrasing! She thought.

"You made it?" Pointing to tuna kimchi fried rice.

"I asked the owner if he has something to cook and he gave me this. Let's eat.. I bet you hungry.."

"Umm.. Yeah.. Kind of.."

In fact she was so hungry after using all of her energy to cry last night.

"Oh, it's sokcho beach!"

"Yup, you don't know it?"

"It's midnight when we arrived, how would I know it?"

"There's a sound of wave!"

But she ignored him and sprinted to the terrace. She let a sea breeze blowing her hair, inhaled the smell of the beach.

"It's so pretty!" She said in excitement.

"It is, isn't it?" He joined her.

"Can we have a breakfast here?"

"Sure, I'll bring it out."

"Thanks, Ji.."


Everytime their eyes met an awkward smile will appear or a fake cough. But Jiyong can't take his eyes off of her. He helped her poured a water or removed a stuck rice on her lips. He even washed all the dishes and not allowing Bom to help him.

By noon Bom's clothes were already clean and ironed, didn't know when and where he do the laundry. Then he took Bom to the seafood restaurant to enjoy Sokcho delicacy. It was like they were an old friend in a reunion. Not even a second he mention about her marriage or their broken relationship.

He even took Bom to walked down the beach bare footed. And it was seriously felt weird because Jiyong was too calm. Made Bom felt aware.

"Ji.. Maybe it's kinda weird but.. Thank you.. For everything.. I mean.. You know.. You're the very first person that see through me."

He smiled but showing his confuse face.

"After my parents," she added.

"With you, I feel so connected and I can be me more than when I'm with anyone. You're giving me a different kind of comfort that I always wanted."

Slowly his gaze was changing from fluttered to nervous. They stopped walking and standing face to face. He could see her nervousness was also rose. Her lips was shaking. He followed her gaze behind him.

 

"Why is he here?"

Now his gaze turned into anger.

Seunghyun was waiting for Bom.

"I called him."

"Why?"

She could feel a high tension between them. In any second Jiyong could be really angry again.

"To bring me back to Seoul."

"No! You're not supposed to leave!"

They were looking at each other eyes. And rather than anger, she saw sadness on his eyes now. Her hands were making a fist. So hard until her nails were planted to her palms. She's afraid she can't control her self to hug him now.

Seunghyun was now only a meter away from them. He called Bom to came over him. But Jiyong grabbed her wrist.

Jiyong put his head down when Bom slowly pushed his hand away from her. He was sure Bom whispered something to him but he couldn't hear it because the pressure on his chest was too big and it spread through his body. He fell on the knees at the sand, tears running through his cheek, and he screamed as loud as he could. Fighting the waves.


*****


Seunghyun put his car key inside the drawer and hung his jacket. He threw his body to the bed, stared to the empty ceiling while remembering the scene couple of hours ago. He couldn't forget the look on Bom's eyes when she left Jiyong. How sad her eyes and how unlively it was.

It's not like he didn't know that Bom still had a feeling to Jiyong. He also knew that lately the two of them were meeting each other. He saw a dry flower bouquet behind her shoe shelf. And there's one answer from whom that bouquet until she kept it forever.

How she always asked him to not leave her. She must be afraid of her own feelings. He sighed and stretch his arm to open a drawer beneath the bed side lamp. He took out an old photo with black frame, where he and Bom were inside it. It was from their highschool time when they decided to date.

Yes, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter