22

But... He's Like My Brother...

FLASHBACK

Minho’s POV

“Guys. Guys!” I tried to get their attention, nicely, but they were busy talking amongst themselves.

“GUYS!” I said, this time yelling.

They all looked at me with confused looks.

“Eva said I could tell you about her nightmares.”

I had captured their attention. I sighed them as they themselves comfortable around me. They all gathered on the couch in the studio and looked at me expectantly.

“Well to start it off, when Eva was 16, she was in a really bad car accident.”

“Oh! She told me about that!” Kibum said. Taemin, Jonghyun, and Jinki all looked at him curious as to why she would tell him and not them.

“Yes. I know. She told me that you knew. Now shush. Let me finish. Like I was saying,” I looked pointedly at Kibum, “she was in a really bad car accident. The car that ran into hers t-boned the car Eva was in and hit Eva head on. She broke her hip and a bunch of other bones and internal bleeding. She had to learn how to walk again and she had to stay in the hospital for 8 months. Her parents explained to me that she felt like the nurses were mocking her behind her back and showing off by doing things that she couldn’t do. Those 8 months were hell for her. She hated everything and everyone. She even refused to see her parents most of the time and she was in pain almost constantly. When she was in the hospital for about 6-ish months, they tried to get her walking around again. The very first time she stood up, it hurt so bad that she fainted. That’s when the depression started, I think.”

“Depression? Really? I couldn’t see her depressed…” commented Jinki.

“Yeah, well… if I didn’t see the end of it, I wouldn’t believe it either.” I reassured him.

“You saw her depressed?” Asked Taeminnie.

“Yeah.”

“Eva told me that you helped get her out of her depression a lot, Minho. She said that you were the main reason that she even get better to begin with.” Kibum-hyung said to me.

“Really? She didn’t seem too depressed when I got there… she had a job and stuff.” I said, shocked.

“So what happened next? Did she walk?” interrupted Taemin.

“Of course she walked, babo.” Jonghyun said, hitting Taemin over the back of the head. “She walks now, right?”

“OW! What was that for?” He asked rubbing the back of his head.

“She didn’t try to walk again for another month.” I answered his question. “When she finally got to her own home again, there was no one to help her get around and stuff. She was still shaky on her feet. Her siblings were in school and her parents had to back to work after dropping her off. Her room in in the basement, and once she was down there she wouldn’t come up. After being home alone, still recovering, her depression got worse. She refused to see counselors and therapists. That’s how bad it was for almost two years. Even after she got better, she still had the nightmares though. It’s always the same two. Well… almost always. The nightmare yesterday was different, but that is beside the point. She had them every night when I got there. Her mom warned me the first day and told me to let her have her space but the first night is probably why she accepted me.”

“Why? What did you do?” Jonghyun asked in anticipation.

I laughed a little bit. Taeminnie is not the only child in SHINee.

“I woke her up and held her. Much like I did yesterday, but a little more awkward… after a few nights of that, they didn’t happen every night. She was finally getting over her pain, and fear. All she needed was someone to lean on.” I shrugged.

I got sick of talking about her and wanted her here instead. “AISH! WHEN WILL SHE BE HERE!”

Everyone jumped at my outburst.

“Sorry.” I looked at them sheepishly.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

A/N ohmygoodness.