16

But... He's Like My Brother...

Minho’s POV

“Yah! Watch where you are going!” I yelled at him.

“Hyung! Help! She’s crying. I don’t know what happened.”

I ran to the room and saw that, indeed, she was crying, but this time she wasn’t crying. She was in hysterics. I ran to the bed and started to wake her up before it got any worse.

“Eva! Eva, wake up!”

She opened her eyes shocked. When she saw me, she started crying harder than even how much she cried last night. Then she wrapped her arms around me, tight. I was holding her in my lap like a baby.

By this time everyone was at the door, but luckily Eva hadn’t seen them. I motioned for everyone to leave and they did, although reluctantly.

I held her until she had stopped sobbing, but she was still crying.

“Mi-Minho,” she whimpered, hardly able to breathe, “it-”

“Shhh. You don’t need to talk about it yet. Calm down first, okay?”

She nodded into my chest. “O-okay,” she sighed, exhausted.

A few minutes later she was asleep again.

I whispered that I would be right back to her sleeping form and laid her back down, careful not to wake her.

 

In the kitchen everyone was sitting at the kitchen table silent looking at their bowls of rice. They looked at me expectantly as I walked in.

“How-”

“She is asleep. She will be fine now.”

They all nodded to me and were silent again.

“You guys can’t be like this when she wakes up. Do you understand? It would make her feel horrible.”

They nodded again.

I sighed and walked to the kitchen to get a couple bowls. As I started spooning rice into the bowls, they looked up, confused.

“What? What’s wrong?”

Jonghyun spoke. “How could you eat?”

“Well, 1, when this happens, it wears me out, and 2, I’m hungry.” I said simply.

They looked at me like I was crazy.

“Seriously, you guys, cheer up. She is fine. If she knew you guys were acting like this she would probably leave.”

When I was finished eating, I put rice in the other bowl. “Eat,” I commanded them as I left the room.

 

Your POV

“Eva. Eva, wake up. You need to eat.”

I opened my eye to see Minho holding a rice bowl and a glass of water. I sat up rubbing my eyes, reaching for the water.

“Thank you, oppa. All I do is bother you but you keep helping me. I cry all the time but you comfort me; I argue and tease you but you laugh along. I’m sorry,” I said feeling tears seep out of my eyes. “Aish! There they are again.” I said angrily wiping my eyes.

Minho set the bowl of rice on my nightstand and sat down beside me, rubbing my back.

“You are not a bother to me. You are far from a bother.”

I looked at him not believing a word. I watched him as he reached over to the nightstand to get something, then he shoveled rice into my mouth.

“YAH!” I yelled at him, almost choking. “My mouth isn’t as big as yours!”

He just laughed at me.

After a few minutes of the sound of me eating, he spoke.

“Can I tell them?”

“Hmm? Tell who what?” I asked with food in my mouth.

“Can I tell the guys about your nightmares and your accident? Jinki-hyung and the others are really worried.”

“Oh… that. I honestly thought you already told them. I’m sure that they saw what happened, right?”

“I wouldn’t tell anyone without your permission. But yes, they did see.”

“Thank you, oppa.” After thinking about it I decided that they have a right to know.

I sighed. “Yes, you can tell them. I know they think I’m weird already, so why not give them a reason to think so?”

Minho-oppa laughed. “No one thinks you’re weird. It just scared them is all. They didn’t know what was going on. If I wasn’t here they probably would have taken you to the hospital.”

“It was that bad?”

“Yeah… why do you think you had two in a row though? That’s really unusual…”

“This one was the worst though so it doesn’t surprise me. I think it was the taxi. The dream was different this time. Usually it is the same two dreams over and over again, but it was different.” I said, not understanding either. “You were in it.”

He looked at me shocked.

“Why was I in it?”

“You know how, in the taxi today, you said that I was in the safest spot in the whole car?  We were in the taxi in my dream. We got into an accident and I didn’t get hurt, but… you did. I believed that it was my fault that you got hurt because I sat in the middle instead of the side. I thought it was real. I thought I would never see you again.” I said hugging myself, looking down. Instead of comforting me like usual, he got up.

 

A/N   ...