*~ Chapter Thirty-one ~*

Difficulties of Being Love Struck

NOTE: the grayish color in chapter means a flashback / memory 

2 Years Later || August 20th
 
After the long flight from cold Minnesota to beautiful South Korea, being on the plane for 15 hours and 50 minutes was so worth it. Kalena ran off the plane and smiled widely.
 
"Thank god!" Kalena fell towards the ground.
 
"Kalena! You're so embarrassing!" Jasmine looked around nervously. 
 
"I hate being on a plane for so long!" Kalena stood up. "Isn't it nice to be back in South Korea eonni?"
 
"Hm.." Jasmine nodded slowly. "I want to see Samuel~ I miss my baby brother."
 
"Hm, we have to go home and unpack first eonni." Kalena said. "Let's go!"
 
After fighting for two years, going through multiple lawyers for help, Kalena and Jasmine won. After all of that, they got a restraining order against their eomma. Jasmine ran out of the airport and looked around for a taxi.
 
"Let's go eat first." Jasmine told Kalena.
 
"Arasso." Kalena said while dragging her luggage.
 
 
Jasmine and Kalena sat down in a small booth and ordered. 
 
"I can't wait to see Junhong oppa!" Kalena smiled.
 
Jasmine just nodded and looked around. 
 
"Remember when we used to work here?" Jasmine asked.
 
"Ne!" Kalena nodded. "I remember that I spilled coffee on myself." 
 
Jasmine just laughed and nodded. Kalena laughed with her and sighed.
 
 
Soonyoung ran back towards the table where Seventeen was sitting.  He sat down and sighed.
 
"I just saw two hot girls." Soonyoung said.
 
"What?" Mingyu asked.
 
"They are sitting right over there." Soonyoung motioned with his head. 
 
Seventeen all looked over and saw Kalena and Jasmine talking to each other. Jasmine laughed while Kalena just clapped her hands. 
 
"They look..familiar." Seokmin said.
 
"They do." Lee Chan nodded.
 
Samuel sat there and played with the napkins. He looked up and looked at the girls.
 
"They look like.." Samuel stood up."Noonas!"
 
"Mwoh!?" Seventeen yelled.
 
 
• Jasmine's POV •
 
"Noona!" Someone yelled.
 
That familiar voice. I looked over and saw a tall boy running towards me. I just stared at him for a moment then smiled.
 
"Samuel!" I stood up and hugged him with tears in my eyes. "Oh my god! My baby brother is so grown! Kalena! Look! It's Samuel!"
 
I looked at Kalena and she just smiled at Samuel. She stood up and hugged him.
 
"Oh, you've grown so much~" Kalena cooed. "Hm, I don't remember much from two years ago."
 
"Huh?" Samuel asked.
 
"Oh.." I nodded slowly. "Samuel-ah, Kalena has memory loss. She doesn't remember anything from two or three years ago."
 
"Jinja!?" Samuel said. "Noona! What did eomma do to you?"
 
"Nothing?" Kalena said in a questionable tone.
 
"You guys don't even wear those glasses anymore!" Samuel's mouth dropped.
 
"Because we don't want to." I said. "I mean, the same old look gets old once in awhile, right?"
 
"Who are you with Samuel?" Kalena asked. 
 
"With hyungs!" Samuel asked."Seventeen!"
 
"Hm, who's seventeen?" Kalena looked at me.
 
"Oh..they are just a group of boys Kalena." I said. "Just keep eating."
 
"Whatever." Kalena said while sitting back in her seat.
 
"Hm, are you still living at..you know who's house?" I asked Samuel quietly.
 
"Ne. Where do you guys live?" Samuel asked.
 
"We rented a nice apartment near school, but I work at a company near there too. I told Kalena she can stay home and focus on finishing school more." I said."So if you ever want to come over, just text noona! We can make room and have you live with us again if you want. We miss you, but don;t want to take you away suddenly like that."
 
"Okay!" Samuel smiled. "I'm gonna  go back now noona! I'll see you later!"
 
"Bye!" I smiled and sat down.
 
I looked over where Samuel was going. I saw him down next to a girl and a familiar person.
 
Wonwoo..
 
My feelings for him flooded back.. I tried holding back my tears and tried to eat my salad.  
 
"Eonni, what's wrong?" Kalena asked.
 
"N-nothing." I shook my head. "Um, I'm gonna go to the bathroom."
 
"Oh..okay." Kalena nodded slowly and continued to eat her meat.
 
I grabbed my purse and walked towards the back of the café. I walked into the bathroom and started crying.
 
It hurts to much.
 
 
• Kalena's POV •
 
I sat at the table and waited for Jasmine for at least twenty minutes. Was she taking a dump? I sighed and picked at her salad. 
 
Gross.
 
I sat back and took my phone out. Now who is this Seventeen? Do I know them? Hm..
 
I got memory loss about two years ago when I fell from standing on a chair, trying to paint my wall and landed on the ground. I had some memories come but they were all little. 
 
"Excuse me," I stopped a waiter. "Have you seen my sister? She's wearing a while dress with wavy hair."
 
"Oh ani." He shook his head."But i'll tell you when I do."
 
"Thank you." I smiled and looked around.
 
I grabbed my phone and called Jasmine. After the third ring, no answer.
 
"Excuse me.." Someone said.
 
I looked over and saw a guy looking at me.
 
"Hm ne?" I asked.
 
"Are you Kalena?" He asked.
 
Do I know this boy? He looks familiar but..
 
"Ne." I nodded slowly. "Do I know you?"
 
He just stared at me.
 
"You..don't remember me?" He asked.
 
"Mianhae..but I don't know you."
 
 
• Hansol's POV •
 
KALENA DOESN'T REMEMBER ME. I'm going insane right? The girl who left me two years ago doesn't remember me!?
 
I was just standing there awkwardly, just staring at her while she just stared back at me.
 
Well she hasn't changed on the outside at all. Wait I see makeup, she has changed. 
 
Kalena just looked around awkwardly then back at me.
 
"Do you need something?" She asked.
 
"Oh..um.." I mumbled.
 
Kalena just looked around and grabbed her purse.
 
"Well.. I'm sorry if I don't remember you, but I should go find my sister.." Kalena said while standing up.
 
Great Hansol. You made your girl run away from you. I sighed I walked towards Seventeen's table. I sat down and stared at the plate.
 
"You alright?" Jisoo asked.
 
"I lost my girl.." I mumbled.
 
 
• 3rd Person's POV •
The Next Day || At School
 
"Kalena! Pali!" Jasmine yelled while running up the steps of school.
 
"Eonni! How can you run in heels?! I'm so tired!" Kalena whined while dragging herself up the stairs.
 
They were wearing the girl's school uniforms
:
 
Kalena finally made it up the stairs and she was happy she didn't wear heels. She sighed and fixed her backpack.
 
Jasmine laughed and looked around. 
 
"The high school is more luxurious than I thought it would be." Jasmine said."Let's go!"
 
Jasmine grabbed Kalena's arm and walked into the school. Kalena groaned and pouted. They walked into the school and was amazed at how nice it was. 
 
"It's another rich school! Great!" Kalena said sarcastically. 
 
"Cheer up would you?" Jasmine punched her arm lightly. 
 
"Where is Junhong oppa?" Kalena looked around.
 
"Jasmine! Kalena!" Someone yelled.
 
The two turned around and saw a happy Chunji running towards them. Jasmine laughed while Kalena just chuckled.
 
"Chanhee oppa!" Kalena hugged him.
 
"Look at the two of you! So beautiful!"
 
"Ani." Kalena shook her head."I look like a gorilla."
 
"Well you're one of the hottest gorillas I've seen." Chunji said.
 
"You're creeping me out.." Kalena stepped backwards.
 
"Kalena~" 
 
Kalena turned around and saw Zelo standing there with a smile. Kalena smiled and hugged him.
 
"Oppa!" Kalena yelled.
 
Jasmine just stared at them and sighed quietly. She nodded and smiled. 
 
"Hm! I got you something when I went to go visit Florida." Kalena told Zelo.
 
"Jinja? Where is it?" Zelo asked.
 
Kalena opened her backpack and grabbed something from it. She held it out at Zelo. Zelo smiled and took it. He opened it then hugged Kalena.
 
"It's cute~" Zelo chuckled. "Thank you Kalena."
 
"No problem oppa." Kalena smiled while looking around."Eonni, aren't you and Ricky oppa still dating?"
 
"Huh?" Jasmine asked.
 
"Remember, you told me that you were going out with Ricky oppa..or was it L.Joe who told me?" Kalena thought.
 
Jasmine's face flushed with embarrassment. She face palmed herself and shook her head.
 
"Oh Kalena, you're funny." Ricky ruffled her hair."Jasmine and I have a special relationship."
 
"We do?" Jasmine stared at him.
 
 
• Kalena's POV •
 
I walked down the hall while staring down at my schedule. I sighed and looked around the school. So big. I shook my head and looked back at the map they gave me.
 
"Jasmine eonni..where are you?" I huffed and continue to walk around. 
 
I walked into the corner and saw Jasmine, but she was crying. WHO HURT HER!? I walked towards her and saw a guy standing in front of her. I shook my head and ran down towards her. I pushed the guy away and looked at Jasmine.
 
"Eonni! What happened?!" I asked.
 
"O-oh." Jasmine looked at me."K-Kalena."
 
I looked at the guy. It was the guy who talked to me yesterday at the café. I stood up and grabbed his collar.
 
"What did you do to my sister, jerk?" I asked him.
 
"I didn't do anything Kalena." He said.
 
I rolled my eyes and looked at Jasmine, who was now standing up.
 
"Kalena, he didn't do anything to me." Jasmine said.
 
I just looked at the guy and let go of his collar. I crossed my arms and looked at Jasmine.
 
"Why aren't you in class yet?" Jasmine asked.
 
"Because I got lost." I said. "This school is confusing, but why aren't you in class?"
 
"...I got lost also.." Jasmine shrugged.
 
"Whatever, I need to find class 2A." I said. 
 
"I have class 2C.." Jasmine said.
 
I sighed and looked at the jerk who was staring at me.
 
"Um Kalena..I know where class 2A is." He said. 
 
"Are you in that class?" Jasmine asked.
 
"I switch classes for Japanese and math to that class." Hansol said."But i'm in class 2AA."
 
"Whatever. Bye." I walked away.
 
 
I walked down the hall after getting my snack during free time. It was silent. I sighed and walked up the stairs.
 
"Kalena." Someone grabbed my arm.
 
I looked at the person. It was that jerk. IS HE FOLLOWING ME?!
 
"What do you want?" I asked while yanking my arm away.
 
"We need to talk." He said.
 
"I don't even know your name." I said coldly.
 
"It's Hansol.." He said.
 
"Okay well Hansol, I don't like you very much." I said and continue to walk up the stairs.
 
"Kalena, why don't you remember me?" Hansol asked.
 
I don't even know this moron. I ignored him and continue to walk down the hall. 
 
"What happened to you? You're not the Kalena I knew from two years ago." Hansol said."You look and act different then the Kalena I knew before." 
 
I don't recall knowing him. He grabbed my arm and turned me around. I dropped all my snacks and stared at him.
 
Then I felt something soft on my lips. My head is starting to hurt. Something else was coming into my vision. 
 
Wait..i'm in a room. Talking to someone. I hear a loud thump..wait I see a face. That face..looks like..Hansol. Then we were just staring at other. Then he kissed me. 
 
I pushed Hansol away after I got my clear vision back and turned around. I stared at the ground and blinked. 
 
I touched my lips and shook my head a little.
 
"Kalena!" I heard someone yell.
 
I looked up and saw Zelo running towards me. He stared at my snacks on the ground then looked behind me. 
 
"I'll help pick this up." Zelo said.
 
"Junhong." I said sternly."Don't touch my stuff." 
 
Zelo looked at me in shock. I walked towards my snack and just grabbed them. I sighed and glared at Hansol. 
 
This isn't over. I'll deal with him later. I shook my head and walked down the hall, alone.
 
 
• Wonwoo's POV • 
 
I walked down the hall with Gayon while she was talking to me. I just nodded at everything she was saying but I just can't get Jasmine out of my mind.
 
Seeing her smile again for the first time in two years. I don't know how I feel anymore. 
 
I looked down the hall and saw a girl and a guy laughing. Jasmine and Ricky. Ricky said something then Jasmine looked towards me. 
 
She just stared at me for a moment then grabbed Ricky's hand and ran off with him. 
 
"Oppa, are you listening to me?" Gayon asked.
 
"Ne." I nodded."Um..i'm gonna go use the bathroom."
 
"Oh okay! I'm gonna go back to class then." Gayon smiled and turned around.
 
I sighed and ran to where Jasmine ran off to. I stayed behind the wall when I heard someone crying. 
 
"Jasmine, he doesn't deserve you." I heard Ricky said."Don't cry Jasmine-ah.."
 
Ouch. I see how it is.
 
"R-Ricky, it's been two years! I don't know what to do anymore!" Jasmine cried.
 
It hurts seeing her cry again. Jasmine.. I'm sorry.
 
 
• 3rd Person's POV •
 
Kalena was unpacking the boxes in the living room while Jasmine was at work. Kalena sighed and put the pictures of her, Jasmine, and Samuel on the shelf on top of the fireplace. 
 
Kalena turned around and looked into the box. She stared at a picture and grabbed it. 
 
"What's this?" Kalena asked while grabbing it.
 
She stared at it and her head started hurting again. She put the photo down and grabbed some more that were tied up together with a rubber band. She sat on the ground and took the rubber band off. 
 
Then she saw pictures of Hansol and her. 
 
"Hansol?" Kalena asked while flipping through the other pictures. 
 
All of them were Hansol and her. She just stared at them and thought for a moment. Her head started hurting more. 
 
She stared at one picture and it was Hansol and her smiling at each other and holding hands. Kalena just stared at it and smiled a little.
 
Something else was appearing in her vision. Another room appeared. It was a courtyard.
 
"You are the best." She heard someone say.
 
Kalena looked behind her and saw Hansol and..her staring at each other. 
 
"What are you talking about?" She heard herself ask.
 
"Thank you for not kissing him." Hansol said.
 
Kalena just stared at him.
 
"You saw what happened?" Kalena's face expression changed.
 
"Ne. Jasmine told the guys to hold me back because she knew that you weren't going to hurt me." Hansol said.
 
"Your my boyfriend. I wouldn't hurt you." Kalena said."You always been there for me and I was thinking if I kissed that jerk, what would happen between us.."
 
"I was angry when I didn't see you do anything when he grabbed your hand and moved your hair." Hansol said."But after I heard that loud noise of a slap, that angriness went away. Then you called me your pabo."
 
"Because you are a pabo." Kalena chuckled.
 
"Mm.." Hansol nodded and smiled at her.
 
Kalena smiled back at him and looked back at the sky. Hansol just stared at her and kissed her cheek.
 
"Yah! Hansol!" Kalena looked at him.
 
"What?" Hansol asked innocently.
 
"You pabo." Kalena grinned.
 
"I don't get one in return?" Hansol asked.
 
Kalena just chuckled and shook her head.
 
"I don't want to kiss you." Kalena said.
 
"Hurtful." Hansol said.
 
"Yah, i'll call you oppa then." Kalena said.
 
"Jinja? Your finally gonna call me oppa?" Hansol asked.
 
"Yup~" Kalena nodded."I just don't want you to take my second first kiss yet."
 
Another room appeared.
 
"Mm..Kamsamnida." She looked at Hansol."For saving me last night..but i'm sorry for getting you hurt."
 
Hansol smiled at her and nodded. The ultimate Kalena just apologized to him.
 
"Did you change your bandages yet?" Kalena asked.
 
"Hm.. Ani, I just woke up and did my morning things." Hansol shook my head.
 
"I'll clean it after were done eating." Kalena said.
 
~~
 
"Wonwoo!" Jasmine waved at him.
 
"Hi!" Wonwoo waved back at her and went to sit next to her."Hm, Jasmine, you should call me oppa."
 
"Oppa?" Jasmine asked.
 
"Ne." Wonwoo smiled.
 
Hansol looked at Kalena and she was taking the bandage out.
 
"Kalena, you should call me oppa." Hansol said.
 
"PABO." She said loudly.
 
Switching to another scene.
 
"Come on, i'll show you." Hansol grabbed Kalena's hand.
 
"Yah." Kalena said while they ran off. 
 
They ran into a store and Kalena looked around. Kalena looked at Hansol and he put something on her head.
 
"What?" Kalena asked while touching it.
 
Kalena grabbed it off her head and looked at it. It was a Mickey mouse headband? Kalena shrugged and put back on.
 
"If i'm going to wear this your going to wear one also." Kalena told Hansol.
 
"Hm, I don't care." Hansol said.
 
"Arasso." Kalena grabbed a bunny one.
 
Kalena put it on his head and laughed.
 
"Why the bunny one?" He smiled.
 
"Because it's cute." ​Kalena said while playing around with the bunny ears."We should get going now, it's getting late."
 
"Wait, I want to do something." Hansol said.
 
"What?" Kalena asked. 
 
~~
 
"I don't get why you always want me to ride on your back." Kalena said.
 
"Because it's fun." Hansol chuckled.
 
"Gomawo." Kalena said. "I had fun today."
 
"Really?" Hansol asked.
 
"Ne." Kalena nodded. "How long were we out?"
 
"Four hours?" Hansol said in a questionable tone.
 
"I'm tired." Kalena said while looking around.
 
"You can sleep on my shoulder." Hansol said. "Don't worry."
 
"Promise you won't do anything?" Kalena asked. 
 
"Of course not." He said, holding onto Kalena tighter.
 
~~
 
"Hansol.." Kalena mumbled.
 
"Hm?" Hansol looked at her.
 
"You can't play superman all the time. I can take care of myself." Kalena said.
 
"I can't promise that I won't watch you." Hansol said. "Because I want to be your superhero."
 
~~
 
"Kalena~~ Wake up!" 
 
"Nooo... Get out." she growled.
 
"Yeobo." I sang.
 
"Ew. Don't call me that."
 
"Fineee. Get up then!"
 
"5 more minutes.." she sighed.
 
Hansol chuckled and sat up. He looked at Kalena and bent over to her face. He slowly leaned in, and kissed her cheek.
 
"YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" Kalena yelled and sat up. 
 
~~
 
"Oh but the best part was-- AHHH!!"
 
Kalena tackled Hansol to the groung while the rest of seventeen was crowding around us laughing at Hansol. Kalena held his arms up above his head and sat on him. It took him a moment to realize what was happening.
 
"Kalena! What are you doing?"
 
"THIS IS FOR KISSING ME THIS MORNING PABO!" Kalena yelled and started to tickle him.
 
"No! No! S-St-Stopppp!" Hansol laughed.
 
"Apologize!"
 
"HAH, HAH, I'm.. Sorry!" He laughed.
 
Kalena let go of him and he was still fighting off the laughter
 
"SOUP IS READY! COME DOWNSTAIRS YOU GUYS!" Jasmine yelled.
 
Seventeen pushed each oher to get out of the room and left Kalena and Hansol there. He was getting up and wiping his tears.
 
"You're really ticklish aren't you?" Kalena asked.
 
He nodded. Kalena chuckled and headed for the door when Hansol ran up to her, kissed her on the cheek and ran. 
 
 
Jasmine walked into the house and saw a bunch of scattered pictures on the ground in the living room. Jasmine sighed and walked over to go pick it up, but she noticed it was the pictures of Kalena and Hansol.
 
"Why..was she looking at this?" Jasmine asked herself.
 
Jasmine looked up and saw Kalena staring at her, making her jump.
 
"Omo Kalena, you scared me." Jasmine said.
 
Kalena just continued to stare at her with a cold face. 
 
"Tell me the truth." Kalena said.