*~ Chapter Three ~*

Difficulties of Being Love Struck

• Kalena's POV •

I heard Jasmine crying earlier. I don't know why either. I just woke up and I can hear my parents fighting.
 
I got out from bed and walked down the hall. I opened Samuel's door and saw him awake.
 
"Samuel, your gonna come sleep with noona tonight." I told him.
 
Samuel nodded and got out of bed. I looked around his room and grabbed a backpack laying against the dresser. Samuel waited as I put some of his clothes and school supplies in it. We walked towards my room and I sighed.
 
My parents were killing me with their constant yelling and fights. I shut the door and fixed my part of the bunk bed. Samuel crawled into the covers and I can tell he was trying to ignore the yelling.
 
Our parents fought for the stupidest reasons but some reasons were actually pretty serious. For instance, my appa was an alcoholic. Whenever they fought, after they were done, he would go to the bar and drink. Eomma just runs off to her "friends", or I shall say her boyfriend of somewhat.
 
It was silent for a moment. Did they finally stop? I heard glass break and my eomma scream. I darted out the room and ran downstairs. 
 
I saw my eomma running around away from my appa who was holding a broken beer bottle.
 
"Appa! Stop!" I yelled while going in front of eomma.
 
I think he didn't notice it was me cause he was drunk. The broken beer bottle hit me and I could feel the pain and blood running down.
 
"If you guys aren't going to get along, just leave! I haven't called the cops yet because Samuel needs you guys!" I yelled, trying to ignore the pain.
 
Appa just walked away. I heard the front door slam shut. I looked at eomma and she just walked away too. She grabbed her keys and looked out the window. I saw her walk out from the house.
 
I sighed and almost broke down into tears. I walked into the bathroom and checked how bad it was. Blood was running down the side of my head. I grabbed the first aid kid and opened it.
 
"Noona?" 
 
I looked towards the door and saw Samuel looking at me.
 
"I'll help you clean your cuts." Samuel said while grabbing a stool.
 
I smiled at him and looked back into the first aid kit. I didn't have any glass in my skin so that was good. Samuel helped clean my cut and put medicine on it. 
 
"Samuel.. would you be okay if we ran away from eomma and appa?" I asked him.
 
"I don't like it when they fight." Samuel said. "And I want to be with noonas."
 
I nodded and stared at the mirror.
 
"Go wake up Jasmine, I'm going to go call someone." I said. "Be careful, there is glass everywhere."
 
Samuel nodded and ran off to go wake Jasmine up. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the phone. I dialed a number and sighed.
 
"Mr.Kwon, can you and your wife make a room for three kids? Eomma and appa were at it again."
 
Mr. Kwon was the owner of the restaurant/hotel that Jasmine and I worked in. When our parents fought, which was often, we would ask to stay in the hotel until we felt it was okay to return.
 
 
• Jasmine's POV • 
 
I leaned against the wall tiredly and sighed. How dare they wake me up. 
 
"Yah Jasmine, why were you crying?" Kalena asked.
 
"I wasn't crying.." I said.
 
Liar.
 
"Yes you were, I heard you sobbing before eomma and appa got into it again." Kalena said.
 
"Fine..I was crying." I sighed.
 
"Wae?" Kalena asked.
 
"Mr.Beanie.."
 
"What did he do!?" Kalena yelled.
 
"Nothing." I sighed. "It's Wu Jin.."
 
"What about that barbie freak?" Kalena asked.
 
"I saw her hug Wonwoo.." I sighed.
 
"Is this what love feels like to you? You just met the guy." Kalena said. "But then again you believe in love at first sight and things like 'fate'. Ugh."
 
I just nodded slowly while Kalena just stared at the sleeping Samuel.
 
"Do you think.. we should call the police on eomma and appa?" She asked.
 
"I don't know.." I shook my head. "Let's just go to bed."
 
"Hm, night." Kalena jumped onto her bed. 
 
 
• 3rd Person's POV •
 
The next day, atfer Kalena and Jasmine dropped Samuel off at school, they started heading off to their own school. The two of them wore different clothing today; they didn't look exactly alike for once. Jasmine looked quite nice, then there was Kalena who didn't bother to look nice. She just threw on some sweats, a hoodie and left her hair in a bun. Jasmine was wearing a dress she hasn't worn in awhile and left her hair down and flipped it over one shoulder.
 
They looked exactly the opposite. 
 
"Jasmine! Kalena!" Someone yelled.
 
Kalena sighed in annoyance while Jasmine just looked around. She already knew who it was so she didn't bother to care to look.
 
"What Hansol?" Kalena asked in a grumpy tone. 
 
"Hi!" Jasmine smiled.
 
Kalena just rolled her eyes and looked at Jasmine. Hansol got a clear shot of her cut. He stared at it while she told Jasmine something.
 
"Good luck." Kalena patted Jasmine's back.
 
Kalena held onto her backpack and walked past Hansol. Hansol just blinked then looked at her figure walking away.
 
"Did something happen?" Hansol asked.
 
"What?" Jasmine asked.
 
"Kalena has a cut along the right side of her head." Hansol said.
 
"Oh that..uh..something just happened last night." Jasmine looked around.
 
"Oh.. come on, let me introduce you to Wonwoo." Hansol said while walking off.
 
Jasmine just followed behind. She was thinking what to say, what to do. She wondered what his reaction would be.
 
"Hey guys!" Hansol yelled. "Oh! Wonwoo hyung, come here." 
 
Wonwoo looked over and walked towards the two of you while the rest of seventeen was talking to each other. Jasmine kinda wanted to run away. 
 
"Okay, uh, hyung, this is Jasmine. Jasmine this is Wonwoo." Hansol said.
 
"H-hi." Jasmine said.
 
Wonwoo just stared at Jasmine then waved. Jasmine was about to faint. 
 
"Hyung, Jasmine is Kim Kalena's twin sister I believe." Hansol looked at Jasmine.
 
Jasmine nodded slowly and looked at him. He was just standing there nodding his head. 
 
"I should get going back to my sister." Jasmine said. "Nice meeting you..Wonwoo."
 
Wonwoo just waved and walked back towards his group of friends. Jasmine started walking towards the school and was smiling foolishly. 
 
 
• Hansol's POV • 
 
I looked over at Kalena who was just staring at the board. I really want to know how she got that huge cut. I was kinda worried for her. 
 
Did she get into a fight? From what I know people say she is the one who would fight anyone in this school. A nerd like her, fights? 
 
Back to what I was saying, I'm actually kinda caring for her. She's different from other girls. She saw me but didn't throw herself at me unlike every other girl who did. She didn't fangirl and I can tell she doesn't even like me one little bit.
 
She is different. Yesterday I was joking around with her but she didn't seem to care. She seemed used to people treating her that way. 
 
Kalena touched her cut then looked at her fingers. She raised her hand while Seonsaengnim was writing on the board.
 
"May I go see the nurse?" She asked.
 
"You may. Okay class, you all have a class project and I assigned you partners. The sheet will be hanged on the billboard at the end of the day." Seonsaengnim clapped her hands.
 
Kalena just grabbed her bag and walked out the room. I looked out towards the window that showed us the hallway and I saw her touching her cut again.
 
"You all are dismissed for lunch." She said.
 
Everyone cheered and walked out the room. I looked at Jasmine who was walking out the room already trying to ignore some guys who were trying to talk to her. 
 
I walked down the hall and I saw the nurses office door opened. I looked in and saw Kalena cleaning her cut. She took her hoodie off and she had cuts on her arms. 
 
"Omo! Ms.Kim! What happened?" The nurse ran towards her.
 
"Something just came up at home." She said while putting medicine on her arm.
 
"Where else do you have cuts?" The nurse asked.
 
"Um, I got some more under this shirt but i'll clean it later." She said while cleaning her neck.
 
How much did she get cut? I saw her take her glasses off and throw it onto her hoodie. She continued to clean the cut on of the side of her face in the mirror. She turned around and threw away the wipes into the trash can then took the hair band out from her hair.
 
I feel like a creeper. She looked back into the mirror and fixed her hair. She stopped then looked towards the door. I hid behind the wall and looked around.
 
"Is someone out there?" I heard her asked.
 
Silence from me. I heard her footsteps go away. I sighed and looked back into the room. She had her glasses back on and her hair back in a bun. Her hoodie was back on too. 
 
"I'm gonna go to lunch." She told the nurse. "Bye Mrs.Jung!"
 
"Bye dear!" 
 
Oh, gotta run and hide. I walked down the hallway then turned around. She walked out from the room and towards the lunch room.
 
"Kalena!" I yelled. 
 
She turned around and looked at me. I ran up to her and she just stared at me.
 
"What do you want?" She asked.
 
"Let's go to lunch together." I said.
 
"When i'm dead." She glared at me and walked away.