*~Chapter One~*

Difficulties of Being Love Struck

 

• Kalena's POV •

I woke up to the sound of Jasmine stumbling around the room. We've shared a room for 15 years now and she still doesn't understand that even if the lights are off, her noisiness still wakes me up.

"JASMINE."

"Oh, Kalena... You're awake?"

"When am I not? You're always waking me up with all this noise!"

"Well... Uh..."

"Never mind! I'll just go get washed up now instead of later."

"I'm sorry!"

"It's okay Jasmine."

I sighed and went into the bathroom. On the counter, I saw my outfit all laid out from Jasmine. She wakes up an hour earlier than me to use the bathroom first, which is a good thing because if we were to fight over the bathroom like how we used to, she'd have bruises again. She also lays out our clothes for the day that usually match. I don't complain about us matching all the time, I mean, we are twin sisters right? As I put my outfit on, I also put my hair up into a messy bun and put on my dorky looking glasses. I exited out of the bathroom and searched for her.

"Mmmm... She must've went downstairs to eat breakfast." I mumbled. 

I stepped out of the room and headed down the hallway; I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around expecting Jasmine trying to scare me again. I sighed and felt relieved when I didn't see anyone, but as I slowly turned back around, "HI NOONAAA!"

"AHHH!! SAMUEL!" I grabbed my chest as I tried calming down.

"Why so scared noona?"

"I thought I heard someone behind me so when I, AHHHHHHH!!!!" I turned around again seeing Jasmine in front of my face with a creepy mask on.

"Hahahahahaha!! We got you my dongsaeng! Nice one Sam!" Jasmine cheered and high fived him.

 

 

• Jasmine's POV •

 

"Yah! That's not funny." Kalena mumbled while stumbling behind me.

And she says i'm loud? Aniyo. I'm not the loud one here. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. It was really quiet other than our bickering. Eomma was probably out with her "friends" while appa was at "work".

Our parents aren't on good terms right now. I feel bad for little Samuel that has to suffer through all of this at a young age.

"Noona! What are you going to make for me?" Samuel asked while climbing onto the chair.

Kalena walked in and just grabbed milk out from the fridge. I looked into the cabinets for food.

"Kalena, did eomma and appa go buy groceries yet?" I asked.

"They were too busy yelling last night." Kalena shook her head. "The milk isn't good anymore."

I sighed and shook my head. I looked at Samuel who was just staring at the two of us.

"Why don't we give you money and you can buy food at school?" Kalena asked while looking at me.

I looked at her then back at Samuel. He was staring at the broken window that was covered with plastic wrap. Eomma broke it by throwing a shoe a few weeks ago.

"Arasso." I smiled while looking into my backpack for some extra cash.

Samuel smiled and got off his chair. He hugged Kalena then me.

"Thank you noonas!" He jumped around. "You're the best!"

"Hm, pali, before you miss the bus." I said.

He nodded and put his backpack on quickly. He waved at us and ran off. I looked at Kalena and she was just staring at the ceiling.

"We have to go to our bus too." Kalena groaned. "Another day of school."

 

 

"Mm..eonni?" Kalena stopped.

"What?" I asked her.

I stopped when I noticed she wasn't following me. I looked at her and she was staring into the school gates. I followed her gaze and there was a huge crowd of people. Another group of people ran past us shouting.

"Omo! I heard they are handsome!" "Kya! I can't wait to see them!" "How many are there?"

"Do we have new students?" I asked while grabbing Kalena's arm.

"I guess. We never had a mob like this since that idiot Wu Jin came." Kalena said.

The school we went to was middle class. But everyone tends to act rich, and it's quite annoying. We tried walking past the mob but it was no use.

"Do you want me to yell at them?" Kalena asked boringly.

"Go ahead." I said while backing away.

Kalena looked around and cleared . She was about to yell until some teachers came out to try and break the crowd apart. I saw her shoulders slump. I walked next to her and she sighed loudly in annoyance.

"Waste of time." I told her. "Let's go."

We started walking towards the school until someone bumped into me. I looked over and saw a guy with this bright blue beanie on.

I just stared at him. I haven't felt this way in a while... It was like I had indigestion. My stomach felt like butterflies were flying around inside. I continued to stare at him while he was following his friends.

"Typical." Kalena scoffed. "Guys like him disgust me, no apology? Tsk... Yah, Jasmine?"

She nudged me really hard. I looked at her and she just shook her head in annoyance.

"Let's get to class." She grabbed my backpack and dragged me along.

 

 

• 3rd Person POV •

"Now, I want everyone to solve this problem." seonsaengnim pointed at the board.

Kalena just took a glance at the board and wrote the answer down into her notebook. Jasmine did the same then looked around.

"Seonsaengnim." Someone raised their hand. "What's the point of learning guksahak?"

"Wae?" Seonsaengnim crossed her arms. "Well, you're new to this school so you shouldn't be complaining.. just yet. Mmmmm, Kalena, can you please inform our new students why we learn about guksahak? You're the best student in the class on this topic."

Jasmine looked at Kalena who had an indifferent expression on. Kalena sighed and stood up from her seat.

"We learn about Guksahak mainly because it involves our past with the north. Guksahak is important because we don't want anyone to repeat that history in the future." Kalena said.

"Boring!" "Geesh, that Kim Kalena and her sister." "Nerds."

Jasmine sighed quietly while Kalena just down with her hands in fist. Kalena felt something hit her head.

"Choi Hansol." Seonsaengnim said loudly.

"Ne?"

"I saw you throw that pencil. Come apologize to Ms.Kim right now. You aren't even paying attention in my class." Seonsaengnim shook her head.

"First of all, I did not throw the pencil; it flew out of my hand. Secondly, I am paying attention." Hansol said.

"Really? Answer what's on the board then." Seonsaengnim pointed.

Hansol sighed and stood up from his seat.

"Mianhae." Hansol said with his head tilted back in a displeased position.

Kalena just looked at him boringly then turned back around. Jasmine shook her head and crossed her arms.

"You could've said thank you." Jasmine whispered to Kalena.

"Nope." Kalena shook her head. "Not to people like them."

"Choi Hansol, move up to this seat right here." Seonsaengnim pointed to a seat next to Kalena. "I will not allow disruptions in my classroom."

Kalena didn't even bother to notice what she said. Hansol sighed and grabbed all his things. He walked towards the desk next to her while she was still complaining to Jasmine. Hansol sat down and heard that Kalena said, "Jerks like him aren't all that. They bring too much ruckus with their fangirls and annoy me so much! Why should I say thank you for something so stupid?"