Childhood Friends

Don't Let Me Fall

"Yah Siwon! What the hell do you think you're doing?" I pushed him off the bed. That spooning will definitely not end up to forking. 

"Sorry. I didn't mean to do that on purpose." Siwon murmured after getting up. "I don't know what I'm doing when I'm asleep, you know." He tried to be all smug about it.

"Yeah, well that's never happening again. I don't even know why I didn't kick you out of my apartment."

"But you admit that we had a nice chat last night, right?" 

"Yeah, it was." I looked at the time on the clock. "Crap! I forgot to set the alarm!" There was about half an hour before class would start.

"See ya later." He grinned before disappearing like he always did. I sighed and quickly got ready for school. Hana didn't come last night so I figured she spent a lot of time with Junhyung. I was going to ask him where she was when I got to school. 

When I arrived, there were about two minutes until the bell rang. I noticed Kyuhyun as I sat in my seat; he just looked at me and whispered, "I smell Siwon on you. Did you sleep with him or something?"

"Yeah....I mean no. NO! Not in the way you're thinking." I mentally facepalmed myself. 

"Wow and here I thought we were going to figure things out between us." He frowned.

"It's not like that!" I sighed. Mondays . 

"Okay, I believe you. Oh yeah happy late birthday. I'm sorry I couldn't say it yesterday. I was really busy."

"It's okay." I was actually a little saddened that there was no word from him at all yesterday. 

"To make it up to you, I declare that we're going on a date today after school."

"Really? Where are we gonna go?"

"You'll see." He smiled before turning around. Siwon had arrived and I noticed how Kyuhyun glowered at him. 

*Stop doing that.* I thought to myself so he could hear me.

Siwon sat down next to me and had on the brightest smile I had ever seen.

"Hey Hana. We really should do that again. I had a nice time."

"Well yeah, it'll be nice to have a chat again but you are NOT sleeping over ever again."

"Come on, Hana. I really didn't mean to spoon you." As soon as Siwon said that, Kyuhyun turned around and man... his eyes showed how he wanted Siwon to be in pain... that glare of Kyuhyun's can be really scary.

"Why, are you jealous?" Siwon smirked. I jabbed him on the arm. But Kyuhyun said nothing and turned around. And then class started. For some reason, Miss Jeon wasn't here so the Vampire History teacher came instead.

"Class, today you guys are going to start on a project. You will be in groups of three. Each group will be assigned to research about well known vampires. I want a 10 page essay about them and why they are so famous. It'll be due 2 weeks from now."

"Do we get to pick our groups?" Krystal asked.

"No. I will pick them. First off, Junhyung will be with Doojoon and Dongwoon. Krystal will be with Amber and Key. Kibum will be with Donghae and Sunmi. Hana will be with Kyuhyun and Siwon." 

"Why do you have to be grouped with us?" Kyuhyun uttered, obviously not pleased with Siwon.

"Stop making this a big deal, Kyuhyun. Nothing happened between me and Siwon." 

"Aww, you're hurting my feelings." Siwon pouted but I just rolled my eyes. The teacher then assigned us the famous vampires.... and the crazy thing was that the vampire assigned to us was my dad! I couldn't hide my surprise as I looked t his picture. 

"What the heck?" None of the teachers knew that my dad was Beno Green since his Korean name is Oh Eunwoo. Then again, I was sure none of them knew who my parents were. 

"Wow. So I guess you'll get to know more about him." Kyuhyun stated.

"Yeah. I've asked questions but he always says 'Maybe another time.' Oh yeah, that reminds me, I asked him when he got bit and he said he would tell me next time but true vampires aren't bit right? They're the ones that bites others?"

"Well that's true.... but your dad is a special case." Siwon acknowledged.

"How?" The two of them just looked at each other before they said in unison, "You'll find that out when we research about him."

"Fine. But Kyuhyun, we're going on a date today, right?"

"Yep. Sorry Siwon, but we'll start researching tomorrow." He had a smug look on his face.

"Fine." Siwon turned around to talk to Donghae and ignored us. Class seemed to go by pretty quickly. Most likely, because the Vampire History Teacher knew nothing about math. Lunch flew by too. I ended up sitting with Krystal and Amber at first because they complained saying that I didn't hang out with them often. But I just quickly drank a blood pouch and left to get my lunch and headed to the library.

And of course, Kyuhyun was there. I had to keep on emphasizing that I didn't have feelings for Siwon. 

"Do you not remember how I rejected him on the spot on Saturday?"

"Yeah, but Siwon said that he could change your mind. Yesterday he could have done something to make you fall for him..."

"Kyuhyun, you sound pretty insecure right now." I joked. He shut up for a moment and looked like he was trying to read my inner soul or something.

"I was just joking...That shows you care right?" I tried to cheer him up.

"No you're right. I shouldn't be acting like this when I'm not even sure if I want to be with you or not." Then he got up and said that it was time to go back to class. 

*Whoa, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you.* I thought in my head as I followed him back to the classroom. He didn't say anything, of course, but I think he must have wanted to have time to himsel or something.

After school had ended, Kyuhyun decided to show me an area that vampires usually hung out after school before going on our date. I don't know how I've never heard of it before. He wanted to retrieve something from a friend.

It was inside a public library. Inside, it just looked like your regular library but there was a bookcase that led you to a lounge. It was just like the movies. Kyuhyun pulled out a red book and the bookcase split in two. The lounge had a club atmosphere. There was a vending machine with all types of blood and there were a couple of pool tables for vampire teens to play. 

"You said you wanted to introduce me to a friend?" I questioned as I looked around the lounge. I recognized a few vampires from our homeroom. 

"Yeah, we've been friends since we were kids." He also eyed the vampires around the room until he caught sight of a vampire that was reading a book, sitting near a window. 

"Jonghyun!" Kyuhyun called him out as he walked towards him. I shuffled awkwardly over there as well. Jonghyun was good loking. I hate how so many vampires are attractive. I tried not to think about it so Kyuhyun wouldn't read my mind and be jealous again. 

"Hey Kyuhyun, how have you been?" He asked as he gave Kyuhyun a hug.

"Really well. This is the girl I've told you about, Lee Hana." I smiled and said hi.

"Ahh, I'm Lee Jonghyun. Nice to meet you." He shook my hand. 

As Kyuhyun and Jonghyun exchanged something and was chatting, I noticed someone who looked vaguely familar.

"Kang Minhyuk?" 

"Hana???" As he got closer, I instantly remembered his eyesmile. He has the same hairstyle too.

"Oh wow, it really is you! It's been so long!" I smiled as I gave him a hug. I could feel the glare Kyuhyun was giving us but I thought to myself *He's a childhood friend!*

"It's good to see you Hana. But are you a vampire?"

"It would take a while to explain. We should definitely catch up sometime."

"Oh I can just call you then." Minhyuk suggested.

"You have my number? Wait, were you the one that texted me on my birthday? I'm surprised you would remember."

"Hehe yeah. Well for me, I got bit during my sophomore year." 

"Oh, have you gotten used to it now then?"

"Yeah. I still contact the person who bit me. I don't have any grudges or anything."

"Oh I see. Well I think I have to get going. My friend is waiting for me. We definitely should catch up soon."

"Alright, take care, Hana."

"You too!" I exclaimed before I left the lounge with Kyuhyun.

"Why do I have so much competition? Jaejoong, Siwon, Kibum, and now that Minhyuk guy."

"Oh I didn't get to introduce you to him."

"I've met him. He's friends with Jonghyun." He sort of sighed but I gave him a pat on the back. It was interesting to see how the more I got to know him, the more he showed his colors. I enjoy getting to know and understand him. 

"Kyuhyun, you can read my mind so you know that my feelings for you are sincere." *Dang, just admitted that to him out loud...*

"That's really nice to know. Well let's go. I think you'll enjoy this." Kyuhyun beamed in delight as he held my hand. But instead of teleporting to the place, he decided that we could take our time so we appreciated the outdoors while we talked, hand in hand.

----------------

It's been a year and a half since I've updated this... I apologize. I've been really busy with college and also having a writer's block. mangalover told me how she wanted this to end but the problem is all of the events in between. To those that are still subscribed and reading this, thanks so much. Once again, I'm really sorry.