Jaejoong's dongsaeng?

Don't Let Me Fall

Hana's p.o.v.

Where the heck did Hara go? I didn't see Kyuhyun and Heechul anymore. They must have ditched me on purpose.

I decided to walk home since I was still hungry. Junhyung might have taken Hara for a date or something. I hoped she was okay but I couldn't go look for her if I had no idea where she was. 

As I approached the apartment, I noticed Jaejoong with a guy. They were talking and laughing with each other. But as I saw what the guy looked like up close, I could see that his eyes were uneven when he smiled. I remembered Kibum said the guy who told him to take a shower, had uneven eyes when he smiled. But he seemed human... I hoped he wouldn't be a bad person. Because to tell you the truth, he was really attractive.

I tried to ignore Jaejoong since he looked busy talking with him but as soon as I touched the doorknob, I heard his voice.

"Hey Hana! I want to introduce you to a dongsaeng of mine. He's a year older than you. This is Changmin. Changmin, this is Hana, the girl I told you about."

"So this is the infamous Hana. Nice to meet you."  Changmin said and gave me a smile.

"Nice to meet you too." His eyes might have been uneven when he smiled, but it was so cute! I don't think it could have been him who drugged my drink. He hasn't even met me before so how could he have done that anyway?

I talked to them a little before Changmin said he had to go. 

I eyed Jaejoong as he nonchalantly stepped in my apartment. 

"So you just naturally go inside my apartment like it's yours now?" I asked. 

"Well since I'm your drudge now, isn't that okay?" He stated as he sat down on the couch.

I just shrugged as I grabbed some mac and cheese before I put it in the microwave.

"You didn't tell him anything about vampires or drudges right?"

"Of course not. But you know, am I going to be your drudge forever?" 

I didn't know how to break it to him. He didn't know that I wasn't immortal. Luckily, the microwave beeped.

"So he goes to the same college as you?" I changed the subject as I got the macaroni and cheese out of the microwave.

"Yeah, but he didn't get a scholarship so he has a job to pay for his tuition." He pouted, knowing I wouldn't answer his question.

"What is his job?" I inquired, getting suspicious.

"He's a bartender at a club called Afterlife." He replied.

I comepletely stopped what I was doing and almost dropped my macaroni.

"Jaejoong... can I tell you eveything's that happened to me since I came here?"

"Well, I think you should since I'm your drudge. I'm supposed to know everything about you, right?" He patted the spot next to him so I sat and his put his head on my shoulder when I began my story. It wasn't uncomfortable. It was sort of like when a puppy lies on your lap. 

"Before I came to Seoul, I lived in Daegu. I lived with my aunt and uncle but I thought they were my parents. I should have realized it earlier. They have a daughter the same age as me named Hara. They hated me and I didn't understand why until this year. They had to take care of a cousin's daughter."

"Almost two years ago, when I barely turned 16, my friend and I skipped school to go to a club. That club was Afterlife."

Jaejoong looked at me, surprised, but told me to go on.

"My friend was dancing with guys and I wanted a drink, so of course, I ordered water. I don't remember what the bartender looked like but he must have drugged it because the next thing I knew, I was in a hotel room barely wearing anything and a guy was humming in the shower."

Jaejoong sat up and said seriously "Please tell me you didn't get ." 

"I don't think so. I just remembered that my legs were hurting a lot after I put my clothes on. My aunt and uncle put a tracking device on the necklace I was wearing that day and found me in the hotel lobby. The guy came down following after me and introduced himself as Kim Kibum, their future son-in-law."

"They were shocked, of course. But I guess it was the last straw so they kicked me out and disowned me. I didn't get to see my cousin until yesterday. But the appalling thing is... Kibum goes to the academy. What's even worse is that he said that the bartender told him to take a shower in the hotel room that day and that he had uneven eyes as he smiled at him."

"I can't believe this. Changmin..." Jaejoong murmured absentmindedly.

"Well, I don't know if it's him or not. Anyway, Kibum chased after me when I reached the lobby because he can see the future. Today, I signed a fake marriage contract with him."

"BWOH? You're gonna marry him?"

"Did you not hear the word FAKE?" I glanced at him.

"Ohh sorry. Continue."

"The reason was because his parents are forcing an arranged marriage so he lied and said that he married someone already. But when they asked who, my name went out of his mouth."

"Okay. Hold up. Just who is this Kibum anyway? Is he a bad person or what?"

"Oh I almost forgot. So Choiseul, you know, the one who's after me? He has... I guess you can call them students? Or maybe assistants. I don't know but Kibum is one of them and he's harmed vampires before. He told me that it was Choiseul's plan that made me where I am today. But what he told me today about the bartender seemed like the truth. I have to meet his parents in exchange for him telling me who Choiseul's next target is."

"So he's double crossing his boss?"

"I guess so. It's the sister of a friend of mine. She's dating a human." I sighed. 

"My life has gotten so complicated after I met Kyuhyun's dad. He made me enroll to Blue Rose since he's the principal. But it's because of him, I was able to find my dad and he told me how I'm a half true vampire."

"Wow. I guess it's a good thing that you found out about your true background though. I really hope that Changmin isn't that guy. There might be others-" Jaejoong suddenly got interupted when the door slammed open.

"Changmin? What the heck are you doing?"

"Let me explain everything." Changmin smiled that uneven eye smile of his.