I don't wanna be like Bella

Don't Let Me Fall

"What are you talking about? Why do I have to have a baby as soon as possible?" I asked Beno.

The guys looked at me and Beno, interested in the conversation we were having.

"While I was in Europe, I discovered that if hybrids have children, they will live longer. The earlier you have a baby, the longer you will live." Beno replied.

"What if I don't want kids? Living to the age of 68 isn't that bad." I set the plate of meat down and went to get the ramen for Jaejoong and Changmin.

"Do you really mean that? You wouldn't want to live a long and fulfilling life? Besides children are adorable creatures." Beno noted, probably picturing me as a kid or something.

"We'll have to see. Besides, I don't wanna be like Bella. Having a kid when I'm 18? No thank you." I handed the ramen to Changmin and Jaejoong and then sat down.

"Well, there's still a lot of time if you change your mind. Plus, I've always wanted grandchildren. I wasn't able to see you grow up so seeing grandchildren grow up would be very nice."

"Whatever Dad. Kids are too much of a hassle. I'll get to decide what I want for my future, okay? Besides I should have a proper wedding before I have kids."

"Sure. I'll take my leave now. It was nice meeting you guys." He headed out the door and the guys all looked at me.

"What?"

"You're only going to live to 68?" Jaejoong questioned.

"Yeah, because I'm a hybrid. 68 is the life expectancy for me."

"I don't understand how having a kid will increase it though." Kyuhyun mentioned.

"I don't know either. But anyway, you guys continue to eat. Kibum, come outside with me." He got up and followed me outside.

"So what is it that you wanted to ask me?" 

"Well... do you plan on actually doing anything to me after I meet your parents? Are we going to be friends or enemies?"

"I hope we can be friends. I really meant no harm before. I was just a really close minded vampire. But now I'm more understanding. And you don't need to worry about Donghae. The two of us are actually thinking about leaving Choiseul. We're tired of his ways. We wanna go back to being normal vampires, not vampires that kill or hurt others for no reason. "

"Wow. Well good luck with that. And I hope we can be friends too."

"Well, I'll go home. I'll see you at school."

"Bye." He waved as he went down the stairs.

I went back inside and the guys were done with eating. They were talking about me. They didn't even hear the door open because they were so engaged with their conversation.

"Do you think she likes you?" Jaejoong asked Kyuhyun.

"Well... if she does like me, then the feelings will be mutual. But I think it's too early to date or whatever."

"I like her." Siwon boldly announced. All the guys looked at him.

"Well, Kyuhyun, looks like you have competition." Changmin stated.

"Are you guys serious?" I interrupted them.

They all stopped talking. "Ummm... you heard what we said?" Jaejoong inquired.

"Yeah. Siwon, thanks for liking me but I don't feel the same. And Kyuhyun, I will talk to you in private later." I glared at him.

"Wow rejected right on the spot. Sorry Siwon." Changmin tried not to laugh.

"It's okay. I can get her to like me later on. Well, I'll get going, I'll come for you tomorrow, Hana. Thanks for helping me."

"No problem. See you tomorrow."

"We should get going too." Jaejoong and Changmin got up.

"Alright. Bye guys."

Only Kyuhyun was left.

"So Kyuhyun.... do you like me?"

"Yes I do."

"But you don't want to date?" I questioned.

"We haven't known each other that long but if you want to, then sure."

"But I don't want to date you if you don't sincerely feel like dating."

"We'll figure things out, okay?" Kyuhyun assured me by giving me a hug.

"What's up with the random hug?" 

"I didn't like how you and Kibum were close today."

"Jealous much?" I laughed.

"Wow Hana, you guys are official?"

We broke apart hearing Hara's voice.

"Oh. you're back. So how do you feel being a drudge now?"

"Not that different. But Junhyung is such a a gentleman! He bought me dinner and gave me a ride in his car."

"So you really like him?"

"Yeah. Life is going to be really interesting from now on." Hara smiled so brightly, it dazzled.

"I'll be heading home now. See you later." Kyuhyun left.

"Hana! Spill! What's going on between you and Kyuhyun?" Hara exclaimed as soon as he was gone.

"I honestly don't know. It seems that he likes me back. But he doesn't want to date. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with his ex-girlfriend."

"Hmmm well I wish you the best of luck with Kyuhyun. I'm so tired from today. Let's go sleep."

"It's only 8:30 and I didn't even eat yet. You can sleep first."

"Alright. Good night, Hana." She yawned and headed towards the bedroom.

As I was watching an episode of Arang and the Magistrate and eating my ramen, I got a text. It was odd because I've never received texts from anyone besides Hara and Mimi.

Hana, you must be wondering who this is but I sincerely wish you have a good birthday tomorrow.-M.

I looked at my calendar. I completely forgot that my birthday was tomorrow. Who was this though? Who did I know whose name started with an M? Mimi? Minho? or even Marius?

I decided to shrug it off and continued watching while eating. 

~~~~

The next day Siwon showed up at my apartment to take me to his sister. I had to hold Siwon's hand in order to teleport but the power was pretty interesting.

"So Siwon, I'm 18 today."

"Happy birthday, Hana. You should have told you earlier so I could give you a present."

"It's fine. You can give me chocolate later." 

We arrived in front of a two-story house. Siwon's sister and her boyfriend were inside.

"Hi. My name's Hana." I introduced myself. Sooyoung was really pretty. I was  jealous of her long brown hair. 

"I don't know if Siwon's already told you this but you seriously are in danger. Marius Choiseul happens to be after me too so I would know." I then explained about me being a hybrid and the dream I had.

"Alright. I'll trust you. But what should we do?" Sooyoung asked.

"Just come home for now. Our family will figure it out. I'm sure Mom and Dad will be okay with your boyfriend." Siwon murmured.

"Okay. But you're dead if they disapprove. Bye Hana-sshi." Sooyoung said before taking her boyfriend's hand. They both disappeared out of thin air. I seriously wish I could do it myself.

"Thanks for coming here with me, Hana." Siwon grabbed something from his pocket and handed it to me. It was my favorite chocolate Ghiradelli.

"Thanks Siwon." He took my hand and we were back at my apartment.

"I'll see you in class tomorrow." He headed back and I went inside. Hara wasn't there. She was probably with Junhyung. She was going to be out for a while. But she left me a card on the table.

Happy Birthday Hana! I hope you like my present. It matches with your ring. It's a necklace I found when I was shopping the other day. Have an awesome day!

I put the necklace on and left my apartment. I wanted to do some shopping. But on my way to the mall, I saw someone who looked really familiar.

"Mimi?"