Ren - Dating with Caution

Nu'est Scenarios

“Do you have to go out with him?” Jackson asks, sounding almost disgusted.

“You know what, I don't have to go out with him, I'm choosing to be with him. Why is this such a problem for you?” You bring your hands up to massage your temples, already anticipating his answer. This is the third time this week you and your older brother had this fight, and every time it’s ended the same.

“I just don't think you understand what you're getting yourself into. Ren’s not some average Joe you met in a bar one night, he's an idol and dating an idol is bad news. There are so many risks you're taking by doing this.”

You stand up from the couch and turn to face Jackson, whose arms are crossed in an attempt to look authoritative. “You really think I'm that naive? Just because I'm younger than you doesn't mean I'm completely stupid. You do realize you’re an idol too right?”

“That’s why I don’t want you dating him!” Jackson takes you by surprise when he raises his voice. He comes around the couch to stand in front of you and look deep in your eyes. “I’ve seen what happens to my friends when they get caught by the media. The hate mail, the constant feeling of being watched, never being able to comfortably go out somewhere. They try so hard to stay together, but in the end the stress of the scandal always wins and hearts are always broken. And it doesn’t end there. You build a reputation with the world, and you might not ever be able to shake it. The media can destroy you, and I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

“Oppa, I know that. I understand the risks I’m taking by dating Ren, he made sure of it before we started dating. I really like him and he cares so much about me and my well-being. If he didn’t think being together was safe, we would’ve stopped day one. He can take of me, Jackson. I don’t know why you can’t see that.

You reach out to embrace him, but he backs away before you can touch him. Shaking, you drop your arms as a tightness grows in your chest, accompanying the tears threatening to spill over. Jackson has always taken care of you and you know he wants the best for you, but seeing the hurt in his eyes, you might as well have stabbed him straight in the heart.  

“Do whatever you want, just don’t come crying to me when he hurts you,” Jackson disappears to his room, leaving you alone in complete silence. A tear falls down your cheek and you quickly wipe it away to hopefully prevent more from following suit.

After a few minutes, your phone goes off in your pocket. It’s Ren calling, probably asking if you’ve left yet. One deep breath in and you answer the call. “Hey Ren.”

“Hi beautiful! Did you leave yet?”

“No, I was just on my way out, what’s up?”

There was a notable pause before he continued. “Make sure you grab a jacket, it’s supposed to get colder out tonight and I’m taking you somewhere.”

Your mood lifts a little when you hear this. Ren has been really busy with practice the last couple of weeks so you haven’t been able to go on a proper date in a while. “Do I get to know where we’re going?”

“Nope, it’s a surprise. You better get here soon though, I might leave with out you pretty soon.” You can hear the smirk in his voice.

“No, I’m coming, I’m leaving right now!” You laugh, grabbing your purse and practically running out the door. “I’ll see you in 20.”

“If not, I’m seriously leaving without you.”

“Yah, don’t you dare!”

The walk over to the dorm only took you 12 minutes between the fast walking and not wanting to be late meeting Ren so you could rub it in his face. He ended up staying on the phone with you the entire time just to give you crap. When you walk up to the building, Ren is already outside waiting for you. You jump up and down, waving frantically. “I told you I could do it!”

“I had all the faith in the world that you would,” He chuckles, pulling you in for a kiss as you approach him. “I’ve missed you, ______.”

“I’ve missed you too, Ren.” You sigh, hugging him tight and burying your face in his neck. He your hair for a few minutes before pulling away to grab your hand and start walking to wherever you were going on your date.

“I take it Jackson’s still not very approving our relationship?” He asks tentatively.

“I tried talking with him again today, but we ended up fighting.” You let out a long sigh, shaking your head before telling him all about the fight. “Ren, I really think I hurt him this time. I just wish he could see how good you are to me.”

“I understand where he’s coming from though,” Ren picks up your hand and kisses the top of it. “If I had a younger sister, I’d probably do the same thing.”

“It’s not that I think he’s wrong, he has every reason to be worried. I’m scared, and I’m sure you are too, but he can’t see how much I trust you and believe that we can make it through this, no matter what happens.”

“He’ll come around. I can see how much he loves and cares for you. I can always have a little talk with him.”

You giggle, “Ren, you’re a squishy teddy bear, I don’t think you could stand up to my brother. You’d probably run away screaming if he just looks at you,” You punch him in the shoulder and stick out your tongue.

“I would not, I’m a strong manly man,” To prove his point, he lifts you up and holds you so he can look up at you.

“Put me down!” You try to kick him, but in response he just tightens his arms around you. “We’re never going to get there if you keep doing stuff like this!”

“No need, we’re here.” He smiles up at you and looks to his left. You follow his gaze and gasp.

Ren brought you to a park where most of the trees had already started turning colors. It was a cooler day today so there weren’t many other people around. The scenery wasn’t anything too special, but Ren knows how much you love fall and admiring the warm colors. “Ren, this is beautiful!”

“I thought you’d like it. I figured this was a good way for us to just get away for a while and forget about the real world for a bit.” He finally lets you down so he can pull you in for another hug.

“Thank you.” You give him a quick squeeze before pulling him to you level, closing in on his lips for a kiss.

It was slow and sweet, you never wanted to leave his arms. Out of nowhere, Ren breaks away just long enough for you to look up and see the lust in his eyes before he kisses you again, this time with more urgency. You’re so lost in the moment, you almost miss the leaves behind you rustle and a noise that sounds vaguely like a gag. Wait.

You pull away from a disappointed Ren to turn to the bushes a few feet behind you. “Did you hear that?”

“What are you talking about?” Ren looks over your shoulder, but he seems lost.

“Wait here a second.” You walk closer to the bushes, noticing a figure sitting on a bench on the other side. It only takes one look at the custom sneakers to know who it is.

Jackson looks up at you with a sly grin. “It’s a nice day for a walk, isn’t it?”

“What are you doing here?” You sit down next to him, confusion written all over your face.

“I thought about what you said earlier and I decided to check this date out for myself.” By now, Ren has made his way over and figured out what was going on.

“Hello Jackson.”

“Hello Ren.” Jackson’s eyes narrow and he gives Ren a menacing once-over.

“Did you follow us here?” You inch closer to Jackson to get his attention back on you before he attacks Ren.

“Yeah. I thought I’d see your relationship in action, and I didn’t think you’d be too keen on me being a third wheel.” He stands up and pivots to face Ren. Nothing happens for a moment, making you nervous that Jackson was going to do something, but as you’re about to intervene Jackson’s hand shoots out for a handshake. “I think I was wrong about this. You seem like you know how to take care of your girlfriend pretty well. You also seem to pay attention to what others like. I guess what I’m trying to say is, I don’t have a problem with you seeing my idiot of a sister.”

“Yah!” You get up and punch Jackson in the shoulder.

Jackson chuckles, his arm whipping around to put you in a headlock. “I’ll leave you lovebirds to your date. I swear, if you two are having -”

“Jackson! Really?!” You groan as you try to wiggle out of his arm. “Go away!”

He releases you and pats the top of your head. “I’m just saying, if you need me to give you the birds and bees talk…”

“I promise you there’s no need for that.” Ren steps in, trying to hold back laughter. He reaches for your hand and pulls you away from your brother. “Thank you for trusting me, I’ll take good care of _____.”

“You better, otherwise you’ll be hearing from me.” Jackson gives a half wave and begins his walk back to your house. When he’s finally out of sight, Ren pulls you into him.

“So where were we?”

“Right here I think,” You grin and pick up the kiss right where you left off.

It’s Ren that breaks apart first this time. “Do you want to go back to the dorm? It’s karaoke night so the guys will be gone until late.”

“I was hoping you say that,” You grab Ren’s hand and take off towards the dorms, the anticipation of the evening ahead of you almost too much to handle. Now that Jackson approves of the relationship, you have to make sure he never finds out about... well, you know. The fun stuff.