Ren-Tomboy

Nu'est Scenarios

Trying to break up the B.A.P uploadss (aka the brunt of what we have and the group Admin Em knows best. Sorry). Here’s an anon request for Ren when the reader is a tomboy, and any girls group and nu'est go shopping, and the girls want to take the reader shopping, but she denies but they go shopping anyways.

I used Orange Caramel, but I’m afraid I don’t really know them so please forgive me if the personalities are off. My online class ends soon, but then I probably have to job hunt, I’m still hoping to get a regular schedule for writing soon.

- Admin Em

(7/7/17 catch-up)

Warnings: none!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We should go shopping for the party next week!” you heard Raina cheer from your spot in the corner of the practice room. You immediately try to make yourself shrink yourself in the corner. You know what’s about to come. You’ve been a back-up dancer for Orange Caramel long enough.

“Yes!” Lizzy agrees. “Everyone, we will be going shopping for the Pledis party,” she announces before her eyes find you. “That means you too, ____________”

“Oh, I have some plans with my cousin tonight,” you lie. Your night is actually wide open and you just wanted to practice some moves at the skatepark before watching a nice movie. Just have some nice alone time with all the practicing you’ve been doing.

“If we go tomorrow we can bring the guys and help them get suits,” Raina points out.

“Good thinking, how does tomorrow work for everyone?”


There are agreements all around the room and reluctantly you agree as well. You had already lied once, you don’t have the heart to do it again. “Great,” Nana claps excitedly “We’ll check with the boys and message all of you a set time! For now, thank you for your hard work, get home safe and rest up.”

You give a polite wave before leaving, already mentally preparing yourself for the shopping adventure. You vaguely think about texting Amber to ask her how she handles situations like this, but you decide that she has enough on her plate right now. As soon as you’re home you shower and change into your comfiest outfit before settling on the couch. You get pulled into your latest Netflix binge until your phone chimes.

“6:30pm for shopping tomorrow!” Raina’s text reads.

You don’t bother to reply and instead watch a few more episodes before bed.

The time to meet for shopping comes faster than you’d like, but you show up on time and make conversation with some of the other dancers until someone starts organizing rides to the nearby mall. You settle into a van with Orange Caramel and two other dancers.

“Do you think we should try to match as a group?” Nana questions and immediately you tune them out. Shopping and discussing clothing just wasn’t your thing. You prefer wearing what’s comfortable, which is usually jeans and a t-shirt. Sometimes you’ll dress more on the feminine side, but it was usually limited to stage events.

“________________,” Lizzy’s voice brings you back to reality as the van parks. “Do you have an outfit style in mind?”

“Oh, uh, not really. I think I’ll just know it when I see it,” you shrug, waiting to step out of the vehicle. The group you’re with nods in understanding before meeting to find everyone else. The full group is pretty large, consisting of some dancers, a few members of Seventeen, Nu’est, and half of Pristin. You only know a few of the faces before you, having only worked with Pristin for one tour and Nu’est every so often. Everyone you knew was nice enough.

You aren’t sure what’s happening as the group starts to move, but soon enough you’re standing in the dress shop where some of the guys branch away to get measured for suits. The other remaining males surprisingly follow the girls to help them out.

“Are you okay?” A voice asks beside you.

“Oh, hey Ren,” you smile. You’ve spoken with Ren many times, and he seemed very sweet. Sometimes he seemed like your polar opposite, but you admired that he was true to himself. “I’m fine. Just not really a shopper.”

“I could give you a hand if you want,” he offers.

“Don’t you need to get something? Or has the fashion expert already got an outfit set?”

Ren chuckles, aware of the status he holds in the company. “You could say that. Come on, we’ll find you something,” he beckons you to follow him.

“Just please don’t make me try on a bunch of stuff.”

“I’ll do my best to limit your changes,” he promises. “So tell me what you tend to wear?”

You explain your fashion to him and he listens, looking at the wall of clothing as he does. He must not see something to his liking as he moves to a new area. “Let’s start here,” he suggests.

You simply start to look, grabbing a few items that interest you and Ren does the same. As the search goes on, you make light conversation about the latest work you’ve each been doing. Sometimes you’re interrupted as other people in the group come over to look at things or ask opinions.

After a while, Ren calls for a break and the two of you look at what you’ve each grabbed. Naturally you each veto different things the other grabbed and soon the pile becomes narrowed to four different outfits. “Does four count as too many changes?”

“I’ll manage,” you laugh, heading into the changing room. The first outfit you pick is a white tank top under a navy blue tank one. You pull on the black sweater jacket over this and add the jeggings before stepping out for Ren to see.

“I think it could use some accessories, but there are lots of those that would work if this is what you want. You could wear some heeled boots or Converse, ” Ren comments. “Next.”

The second outfit is a pair of blue and black plaid pants and a black blouse. “I’m thinking black flats, a simple necklace.”

“Oh! That’s so cute,” Eunwoo comments as she steps out of her changing room, a few different outfits in hand.

“Thank you,” you grin. “Have you found something?”

“I think so, but I want to see if they have the dress in another color,” she tells you. “Hope your search is going well, but I think that looks great,” she tells you before walking away.

“I agree with her,” Ren tells you, “but next.”

Outfit number three is a large striped sweater and a dark pair of jeans. You felt this was much to casual, but Ren assured you it would work if he added a few different things. “But we can discuss those when you settle on something.”

The last outfit is a black sweater with peaks of a black and white plaid pattern on the sleeves and peaking out the bottom. You pull on the pair of white pants before showing Ren. As usual he give his comments. “So what are you thinking?”

You bite your lip, looking in the mirror and at the previous three outfits before deciding on your favorite. “A nice choice,” Ren tells you just before a voice calls out that your group would be leaving in ten minutes. “Better change and head to the check out.”

“What about accessories or whatever?”

“I’ll give you my number and we can come back another time, or you can take a look at anything you have at home and message me for help” he offers.

“That would be great, hang on,” you tell him before changing. As the two of you head to the register, he puts his number in your phone before going to check in with the rest of Nu’est. You pay and meet with your ride group. Everyone shows off purchases, complementing each other and giving some ideas for hair and makeup. You hadn’t even thought about those aspects, but the worry disappears as everyone compliments your choice.

With a smile you text Ren, “It’s _____________. Thank you again for your help. Everyone likes the outfit so far!”

By the time you’re home, he replies, “No problem. It was quite fun to help you. Glad people like it. Let me know when/if you want any more help. I won’t be free for the next three days though.”

“That’s okay, you’ve done enough. I’ll try to manage on my own and keep you updated.”

“Looking forward to it!” Ren texts and you set the phone down, happy with the progress for the night with some new fashion and the start of a new friendship.