JR- Some Friend

Nu'est Scenarios

You were late and you felt terrible. JR had made time for you and you’re ten minutes late to meet him at the restaurant! Some girlfriend you are. You weaved through the people walking on the streets until you’re able to see the restaurant, and although you’re late you stop and take a moment to collect yourself after running so much. Once you’ve finished, you make your way to where JR is waiting for you only to stop in your tracks. You could see your best friend standing in front of him and his expression looked troubled. You made your way close enough to listen since something in your gut told you not to just walk to them.

“I would never do this to you, oppa,” you heard your friend say. “I don’t see why you stay with her,” she huffed.

“I’ve told you to stop,” JR grumbled. You saw he was clearly annoyed by your friends words, but she just kept talking.

“Oppa, you know I’m right. you’ve been waiting here for a while and she still hasn’t shown up. She doesn’t love you the way I do. You deserve better.”

JR was silent now and your heart started to race with worry. What is he was considering her words? Why couldn’t you bring yourself to move? How could your best friend do this to you? She’d told you that she had feelings for JR ten minutes after he’d asked you out and you’d felt a little guilty..but you hadn’t known when he asked you out and she knew that you always had a huge crush on him. You’d caught her talking to him before and asking why he had chosen to date you, but you’d always assumed she was just trying to be a protective friend by making sure that he wasn’t dating you for the wrong reason.

You knew JR wasn’t like that though.

You had no idea how terrible your best friend was. Some friend, you thought sarcastically while waiting for JR to say something.

“Oppa, what are you thinking?” Your supposed best friend asked.

“I’m thinking that you need to stop this. you keep saying that I deserve better, and that you would be better for me, but what makes you think you’re better? You’re supposed to be ___________-ah’s best friend and yet here you are trying to take me away from her. I’ve told you before that I’m happy with her and would never leave her, yet you still keep trying. If you really were her best friend and truly had feelings for me you would have told her before I asked her out and you certainly would not keep trying to get me to break up with her! She trusts you!  How could I ever have a relationship with someone who betrays the people close to them? I don’t want to be with you and I’m no longer sure how to make that clear to you in a nice way, I’m sorry but please leave me alone from now on.”

You stared at the scene in surprise. JR had never snapped like that, he was always laughing and had open arms for people who needed help. You probably would have felt sorry for your old best friend, but honestly all you wanted to do was kiss JR and thank him for doing that. “You’re making a mistake,” your ex-best friend huffed.

“No, I’m not, and I’d like you to go now.”

She opened to say something, but instead turned and left in a hurry so you slowly approached JR. He gave you a surprised look before cupping your chin and using his thumb to wipe some of your tears away. Funny, you hadn’t noticed you were crying until now. “What’s the matter?!”

“I-I heard what she said to you, and I’m just...really glad you told her off, but hurt at the same time,” you admitted before he pulled you to his chest.

“I meant every word,” he reassured, “and I understand. Let’s go back to your place and just relax.”

“Arasso,” you nodded and let him twine his fingers with yours as the two of you left that spot and with his hand in yours your pain was already starting to be forgotten.