Ren-Next Adventure

Nu'est Scenarios

Anon asked from a fluffy Ren scenario where he performs at your school. I made you a college graduate so that way this is a legal age to work with. I hope you guys enjoy! - Em

Warnings: none

________________________________________________________________________________

Every year your school held a large performance to celebrate the end of the year, and send the graduates off with style. Sometimes the performance was watching your peers perform, other years were much larger with an idol or two. For your final show at the university you intend to make the most of it, which is why you find yourself on the committee running the whole thing. Many ideas are tossed around for a while, until you decide to take action out of the group.

Your uncle had connections to a few different studios and so after a lot of convincing (and maybe some bribing) you convince him to get you in touch with managers of a few different idols that either owe him a favor or he thinks would be willing. Needless to say, when you went to the next committee meeting, everyone was shocked and immediately began narrowing down some of the potential groups. With your options being Nu’est, GOT7, VIXX, and Secret the group also settled that you would be making the calls while they handled other preparations.

So that night you started getting in touch with some of the managers. Secret’s manager didn’t answer any time you called, but everyone else answered to your surprise. You would always start by introducing yourself, explaining what your school was doing and that you had received this number from your uncle. GOT7 was out since they were supporting JJ Project. VIXX was also busy around the time of the end of the year show. Nu’est said they would get back to you by the end of the week.

You try not to be disheartened and stare at your phone all week, waiting. You force yourself to dedicate yourself to practices and studies. So when a strange number calls you, you’re a bit confused at first. “Hello?”

“Hello, is this ______________?”

“Yes, who am I speaking with?”

“This is Ren of Nu’est,” he tells you and you have to control yourself so you don’t squeal with excitement. “Well, everyone is actually on speaker phone with me. We wanted to call you personally and let you know that we have arranged so all of us can perform at your university!”

“Oh thank you, thank you!” You gasp, trying to keep composure. “Do you have any restrictions that we should keep in mind?”

“Not at this time,’ you hear what sounds like JR say.

“Alright, I’m afraid to admit that I don’t have many details beyond the date and time, but I will keep your manager up to date. Is there a prefered method of contact?”

“Actually you can just call or text this number. Our manager is busy so we decided to take this on ourselves,” Ren tells you.

“Alright, and you can reach this number anytime with questions or concerns. I will touch base with you as soon as possible.”

“Sounds good, we have some work to do so we best be going,” JR says.

“Don’t let Ren be difficult when you talk to him!” a voice like Minhyun’s yells before there’s another shout and the line dies.

You stare at your phone in disbelief before you leap up and do a happy dance in the middle of your room. As you flop down onto your bed you also realize that you were being trusted with the phone number of an idol. You pull your pillow over your face, allowing yourself to squeal excitedly at the realization. It takes you a long time to fall asleep.

Over the course of the last month of school, you attend your committee meetings and send any information that’s relevant to Ren. Sometimes the two of you even talk casually if he’s free. He’s very sweet, but can get sassy if he wants to be. You don’t let anyone read the conversations, not wanting them to get the wrong idea or tell you that you can’t handle this task anymore. As finals approach, Ren sends his well wishes and your conversations dwindle a bit due to both of your schedules.

But soon enough, it’s the day of the show and you’re running around getting things ready. “Are they going to be here soon?” One of your committee members asks.

“Um, let me check,” you say and quickly dial Ren’s number as you adjust some of the decorations. “Hey, sorry to be informal, but are you guys almost here?”

“We just entered the building and are following the signs to the auditorium,” he tells you.

“Great, we’ll see you in a bit for some sound checks! I gotta go,” you tell him before hanging up and giving the final preparation your full attention. That is until you hear the sound person inform you that Nu’est was with them.

You force yourself to keep working, but you still glance around the room hoping to see them. You keep your cool until Ren’s voice comes over the speakers. He does the usual count and sings a few lines before he asks, “Is __________ around?”

You vaguely hear the sound person point you out before moving to Minhyun’s mic check.

Footsteps approach you, making you turn to see Ren standing before you. “___________?”

“Yes. Hello Ren,” you smile.

“Nice to finally meet you,” he grins, shaking your hand.

“You too.”

He looks around before his eyes land on you. “Everything looks great.”

You feel your cheeks heat up. “Thank you. Did they tell you where the stage room is?”

He shakes his head as the rest of the group joins the two of you. You exchange greetings before you lead them to the small room where there are some snacks, waters, places to sit, and a small tv rigged to show the stage. A few of the other students that are performing are sitting in the room already. “You guys can run a quick rehearsal in ten minutes. Then you can relax back here until it's time. I hope it's not a problem to share the room.”

“It's okay,” Baekho assures you.

“You're up after Namin’s solo. I have to get back to setting up but if you need anything just ask,” you tell them before leaving.

You watch a bit of their rehearsal as you work and manage to give Ren a thumbs up before he disappears backstage.

Soon enough the auditorium is packed and the head of your committee makes her opening announcement before the first performance. You sit in the front row with the rest of the committee and enjoy the music while feeling proud for helping to make this happen.

When Nu’est gets out on stage the crowd goes wild and one of your friends nudges you gently as you keep cheering. The performance is only three songs, but each one is better than the last. You snap a few photos for memory’s sake although as you watch you try to take it all in.

You swear Ren keeps looking your way, the two of you even seem to make eye contact once or twice. When they end their performance everyone is on their feet and final bows are taken. A few people try to stick around to take photos with Nu’est so you spend time gently asking people to leave and thankfully no one puts up a fight.

Your committee members and the performers are given the chance for photos. “For all the hard work,” JR muses. You're the last person to get some photos and afterward Ren takes you aside.

“____________, I have really enjoyed speaking with you...and I really hope we can continue to talk...actually, I would really like it if you could come with me...and we could get dinner?” Ren says, mildly flustered as he speaks.

His words take time to set in before you grin. “I would like that.”

You feel his hand slip into yours, “Let's go.”

And with that, Ren leads you out of the building and onto your next advent