Aron-Lone Survivor

Nu'est Scenarios

So here’s the scenario I’ve been promising for some time now, after the depressing Nu’est poem I made-this one with Aron surviving. It includes “you" and is super super super SUPER sad, so be warned.

Sorry for not writing much, I’ll try to squeeze some more in.

<3 Admin BNB

 

Red lights, flashing lights.

People yelling, people screaming, people crying.

Sirens piercing the usual night calmness.

Confusion, chaos, catastrophe.

A black van on a black night.

It shouldn’t have happened, it couldn’t have happened, but it did happen.

Hot pink objects strewn over the blacktop.

Fan gifts, fan letters, fan mementos.

As if the fandom’s heart was ripped out, torn up, and abandoned to soak in the rain.

Blood, tears, agony.

 

Someone asks, “Survivors?”

Another replies, “Only one.”

 

Broken hearts, broken lives, broken fans.

A tragedy on a cold rainy night.

 

Weeks passed. Aron was released from the hospital. He never had any major injuries from the accident-physically. Psychologically, he was suffering. Everyone was. The company, the families, the fans, and everyone else who had ever been touched by Nu’est. Including you. But you didn’t have time to dwell on self pity. You had your boyfriend to take care of.

Aron was in a piteous state. No one could imagine what he was going through. He had been in the van with the other four that night. He remembered their laughs as jokes were told and the cheery atmosphere. He also remembered the driver yelling something before his world had been turned upside down-literally.

Aron was conscious in the minutes that followed. He recalled the darkness of the night and the eerie silence that accompanied it. That silence had been broken by a groan. Aron had heard and crawled to it after escaping his seatbelt. Aron had been the only one wearing one that night.

In the moonlight filtering through a shattered window of the van lying on its roof, Aron had seen a shape lying out on the blacktop with groans emitting from it. Upon reaching it, he found Baekho, who was breathing heavily. Blood soaked through his shirt as Aron had difficulty processing what was happening. He had laid a hand gently on Baekho’s chest as Baekho’s gaze fixated on Aron. “Tell umma…” he whispered, “I love her.”

“No, tell her yourself,” Aron said as tears escaped from his eyes, but it was already too late. Baekho was gone.

Aron cried over his friend, no-brother, before closing Baekho’s eyes and searching for the others. JR was in the van; his limbs all in unnatural positions and no pulse to be found. Minhyun’s tall figure laid face-down in the ditch, unmoving. When Aron found Ren, he lost it again. Ren was on the blacktop, not far from the van. His porcelain face was peaceful and unscratched. It almost seemed like he was sleeping, but the dark stains seeping through his patterned shirt that had no rise and fall of regular breathing said differently.

It hadn’t taken long for the ambulances to arrive on the scene because of the onstar the van had, but there wasn’t much they could do. The paramedics found Aron sobbing over Ren’s body and tore him away from the blonde, despite Aron’s protests. They rushed Aron to the hospital where he was treated for blood loss due to an injury on his head. Overall, he would be fine.

The police had come after that and confirmed the other members’ deaths as well as the death of the driver. All but Baekho had been killed upon impact with the guard rail which had been hit after swerving around another car.

You were there when Aron told his story to the police, even though he didn’t know that since you’d been eavesdropping. You heard him say in the ambulance they washed blood off his hands and he hadn’t known whose blood it was. You heard him cry, and admit in a quavering voice he still couldn’t believe it was real since he was still in such shock. They left him alone soon after.

Being as the only person that was still really close with him in Korea (that was still alive), you were the next to see him. Hiding the sadness emanating from your heart at the loss of the others, you put on a small smile when you entered his room-one he did not return. In fact, Aron could barley manage to look at you. His lost expression showed how broken he was, which only tore your heart even more.

Sitting down by his bedside, you took Aron’s hand, but he pulled away. Sighing, you didn’t look up at him. “Your family knows. The company told them. They’re taking the first flight out and will be here late tomorrow.” He didn’t say anything. “They’re just really happy you’re alive. So am I,” you murmured.

Again, he didn’t speak, not that you expected him to. There was just nothing to say. No words could ever comfort Aron after what he’d been through. Biting your lip in order to stop your tears, you left the room. When you returned an hour later, after bawling your eyes out, he was lying on his side staring at the wall. That night, you stayed with him, although neither of you slept or spoke.

Aron didn’t eat the following day, and neither did you. He didn’t scold you as you didn’t scold him. It was very silent in his room that day, although he had many visitors. The news was filled with Nu’est updates as the country, along with worldwide fans, mourned. Presents for Aron started streaming in as flowers decorated the block all around the Pledis building. It was painful accepting such news like this.

As promised, Aron’s family came late that day. Aron took one look at his mother, before breaking out into tears. That was the only time you saw him cry about what’d happened. You heard him cry many times, but he never did so directly in front of you. Especially after that day.

In the time that followed, Aron shut himself away from the fans, away from anything pink, and any whacky print designs only Ren would look good wearing. Anything Nu’est, basically. He stayed close to his family, and even though you were able to be close to him, you found he’d shut you out too. You understood, and waited patiently for him to open back up.

Once he was out of the hospital, he shut himself away in the hotel room his parents rented for him. His family was constantly there, as was the mob of fans outside trying to give him support, and you visited frequently. Whenever you did come though, things would be quiet, and the two of you would never really talk about anything. It was almost too painful to.

You did your best to stay strong for Aron, and gave him everything he needed to depend on, but found yourself frequently cutting your visits with him short whenever it became too much and you had to go cry alone. Sometimes Aron would hear you cry, and you knew he heard you, but he never did anything about it.

Then one day he announced he would be moving back home to the states. You respected his decision, but decided you really needed to talk to him for what was best for the both of you. “Aron,” you started, “you’re going to America, right?”

“Yes,” he looked at the floor.

“I don’t want you to go,” you said truthfully. He didn’t respond. “But I think it is for the best.”

Aron’s gaze went to yours. “You do?”

“Yes,” your eyes met his. “A tragedy had occurred. If that will help you get over it, then by all means, go. I want you to get all the help you need to overcome this. Even if none of it is from me.” At the last part, you looked away from him. “I would help you to world’s end and back if I thought it would do any good. But as it seems, it won’t. You don’t even seem to want it.”

Aron opened his mouth to protest, but stayed silent when he realized you were right.

Taking a deep breath, you continued, “If leaving behind everything you ever knew here, including me, will be beneficial, then go for it. I guess, what I’m saying here is its okay to let me go. I know you aren’t ready to focus on a relationship right now, and I don’t expect you to. With you leaving for a different country now, I think it’s just best if we end it now. Simple and clear, a clean break. You can start fresh again.”

Aron’s face was one of shock. He almost couldn’t believe you were doing this, being this considerate for him. He always knew you cared for him, but not to this extent. It almost made him feel guilty for accepting this act to occur, but he knew what you said was right and that it was for the best.

You slid the promise ring off your finger and stood up. “Thank you for all the memories. You’ve been a great boyfriend, and it’ll take quite some time for me to even start thinking about getting over you.” You choked down sobs in your throat and kept going. “I hope you find all the happiness you need and find strength to keep going, wherever you may end up. I suppose I’ll still be here if you ever come looking.” You sniffed and put the ring in Aron’s hand as he gazed into your watering eyes. For a moment, you thought a kiss may actually occur-the first since the accident-but it didn’t happen.

“Goodbye Aron,” you whispered before turning and taking a few steps towards the door before looking back and adding, “I still love you.”

His sad expression looked up at you and he gave a small smile-the first since the accident. “I know.”

With that, you left the room. Tears streamed down your cheeks as you left the building, but deep down you knew it was for the best. Both of you could move on now. Staying together wouldn’t have helped anything and would have been just putting of the inevitable. It was time for it to end.

Dabbing your face, you took a deep breath before heading out the lobby doors. The Nu’est signs and fangifts were a stabbing reminder of all the dreams now killed, but looking up you noticed the sun peeking out of the clouds. Its rays seemed to shine down right on you, giving you strength. Turning your attention back to the street, you took a step forward to a life that no longer held Nu’est, or Aron. A life of finding new happiness.

(P.S.-No, I will not be making a sequal in the near future at all, I have too many requests that need to take priority. :) )