JR- Believe Me

Nu'est Scenarios

You angrily stab your food with your chopstick as you sit at the table. When you agreed to spend time with JR you thought it would be you and him, not you, him, and his girlfriend-who you didn’t like at all. Apparently, despite your many years of friendship, JR couldn’t pick up on the fact that you didn't like her. Although, he hadn’t been able to pick up on the fact you have feelings for him. You were jealous the moment JR told you he had a girlfriend, but you told him you were happy that he was happy...until you found out who he was with.

Her name is Hyori, and she is not a good match for JR at all. They have pretty much nothing in common and you know that Hyori likes to play with the boys, but so far she has been fairly nice to JR so you’ve held your tongue. That doesn’t mean you want to be around to see her asking him to buy her things. “Oppa, will you get me this? Oppa, will you get me that?” It’s driving you nuts.

You finish your food and stand up, pretending to check the time, “Well, this has been fun, let’s do it again sometime. I have to go, you two have fun.” You don’t wait for a reply and just leave the mall, heading home. You’re positive JR will ask why you left so quickly later, but for now he’ll keep treating his girlfriend like she’s the greatest thing. If only there were something you could do, but you don’t want to ruin the friendship you have with him...so all you can do is sit back, support the relationship as best you can, and pray nothing bad happens to your best friend.

 

A few days later, you’re waiting tables at work when you hear a familiar voice; a female voice. You try to control yourself as you head in that direction to get the order and expect to see Jr, but instead you find one of the popular guys holding Hyori’s hand. She’s with another guy; she’s cheating on JR! You turn away quickly to calm yourself down before going to take their order, after all you have to be professional at work.

You keep an eye on her table all night to see her doing exactly what she does with JR; her innocent little smile whenever she gets a compliment; the way she bats her eyelashes, and many other things. The final straw was when she stood and left with the guy, kissing his cheek as they went hand-in-hand.

Since your shift ends moments later you text JR ‘We need to talk.’

‘OK, your place in ten?’ He replies and you send your agreement as you rush home.

Right on time, JR knocks on the door and you let him in. “What’s going on?” He asks right away, his eyes full of concern as always,

You bit your lip, “Let’s sit down.” The two of you move to your kitchen table. “Look, I’ve spent the last...forty-five minutes trying to come up with a way to tell you what I’m about to and really there is no other way for me to do it except to come out and say it,” you take a deep breath. “I’m really, really sorry, but today at work I saw Hyori with someone else...she’s cheating on you.”

JR is silent before his features change. “____________-ah, I’ve known how you’ve felt about me dating Hyori, but telling me she’s cheating on me is not the way to try and change the fact that I’m with her. Hyori has been there for me and wouldn’t cheat on me. I know she’s cheated on other guys in the past, but she’s different now. I trust her completely, and if you don’t like my relationship and can’t support me then I’m afraid I can’t be friends with you, goodbye,” he quickly gets up and moves to leave.

“Jonghyun, wait! I’m not just saying this! Believe me, Jonghyun!” You rush after him, but he moves quickly and is soon gone. You’ve never seen him act that way, and it scares you. You just lost your best friend and crush over the likes of Hyori. You try to call him right away, but the call is ignored so you find yourself crying, wondering if you’ll ever see him again..

 

The days since have been awkward, JR ignores you completely when you try to contact him, and even his band mates tell you that he won’t talk to them. You find yourself in a slump, not sure how to fix what happened when you can’t even speak with JR. You expect the day to be quiet as usual, but there’s a pounding on your front door that makes you jump. Slowly, you go to the door and open it to find a teary-eyed JR. “Jonghyun?!” You gasp

Suddenly his arms are around you, holding you close. “___-______-ah, I-I’m sorry! I just...Hyori, she...I saw her with someone else,” JR cries. Your arms wrap around him tightly as you rub his back soothingly. “I confronted her...she told me how long it’s been going on. A month-she’s been cheating on me for a month and I was too stupid to notice, even after you told me. Forgive me, please forgive me for everything I said and for ignoring you.”

Carefully, you  guide him to the couch to sit down. “I understand, I wouldn’t have wanted to lose something that made me so happy. I wish things were different for you,” you say awkwardly and unsure. What else could you say?

“Why wasn’t I enough for her? Will I be enough for anyone?”

“Jonghyun, you’re enough for people. Hyori is just...a terrible person. Believe me, not all girls are like her.”

“I know, you’re nothing like her so I know,” JR wipes his tears away. “So..you forgive me?”

“Not yet, but if you stay for popcorn and a movie I will,” you assure him, trying to lighten the mood.

“Thank you,” he manages a small smile, “you’re always here for me. I couldn’t ask for a better person in my life.” At his words you can’t help but smile because you know that with time things are going to get back to normal...maybe even better.