Ren-Luck

Nu'est Scenarios

Anon asked for Ren trying to confess but embarassing himself in the process and avoids you after. Please enjoy!

Warnings: none

______________________________________________________________________________

You’re wonderful, absolutely wonderful, Ren thinks as he smiles to himself while texting you. “Earth to Ren,” Aron says for what seems like the tenth time. The words still go unheard.

“He’s talking to _______________ again, the only way you’ll get through to him is if you take the phone,” Minhyun points out.

“Don’t you dare,” Ren mumbles as he types his reply to you.

“Are you ever going to confess?” Aron asks, rolling his eyes at his band mate’s behavior.

“I might....we’ll see how dinner tonight goes,” Ren says as he tells you that he’ll pick you up at 5:30pm.

“You should do it soon,” Baekho says gently.

“I know...I’ll try.”

“Any idea what you'll say?” Minhyun asks.

“Not really. Just something from the heart,” Ren admits, pocketing his phone before getting up. It's almost three o’clock, but he decides to get ready. Normally he’s very comfortable about meeting with you, you’re basically his best friend, but now with the idea of telling you he feels more than friendship for you has him nervous. He’s sure your friendship would recover if you don’t feel the same, but that doesn’t really lessen the worry.

He tries to think of something he can say to you about how he feels, but nothing feels quite right. Sooner than he would like he’s headed to your home to pick you up. You’re dressed in one of your favorite outfits, a lovely smile on your face as you get in the car. “You look great,” he tells you.

“You too,” you blush as he begins to drive. “So where are we headed?”

“I was thinking we could go to your favorite restaurant,” he shrugs. You aren’t about to protest to that. You simply start chatting about your day, and Ren listens intently while making the occasional comment. Sometimes it surprises you that he can be so interested in talking to someone as ordinary as yourself. He always assures you that your stories are more interesting than you think.

The two of you quickly order your usuals after you’re seated. Your chatter continuing as though there was never an interruption. The two of you could always talk about anything and everything. It was always so nice. When the food arrives, you both offer each other some of your own food.

“What a cute couple,” someone nearby comments, making the both of you smile.

Now was his chance.

“____________,” he starts, working to swallow his food. “For a long time, I’ve been-” he stops suddenly, feeling a lump in his throat. He tries to clear it only making things worse. He starts to cough, making your eyes go wide as he tries to drink water.

“He’s choking!” You cry out as he continues to cough. As soon as the words leave your mouth, a woman steps in, maneuvering so that after a moment Ren spits out the food.

“Thank you,” he whizzes before the woman returns to her table.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m okay...we should probably get going,” he says slowly, still trying to catch his breath. You don’t protest as he pays the bill and heads to your house. The drive is quiet until you say your goodbyes.

Ren doesn’t say a word to the guys as he enters the dorm and flops into bed.

The only communication he has with you for a fews days are short worded texts. Unable to take his strange attitude, you head over to the Nu’est dorm. JR lets you in without question. You greet the group before pulling Ren into his room. “What’s with you?” You ask, getting straight to the point. “And don’t say you’ve been busy.”

“Nothing’s with me.”

“You barely send more than two sentences when I message you ever since we went out. Are you...embarrassed because you choked?”

He’s silent for a moment before giving a slow nod.

“There’s no reason to be embarrassed. Accidents happen. What matters is that you’re okay,” you assure him, wrapping him in a tight hug. “Now can I please have my best friend talk to me?”

He holds you tightly. “Of course. Do you want to stay and watch a movie with me?”

“Will you make popcorn?”

“Sure, pick something for us,” he tells you and you quickly move to his movie collection. You know the password to his laptop and will be able to get things settled, so he steps out to prepare the snacks and grab two bottles of water. Now was a second chance to tell you how he feels. He can do this.

As he steps back into the room he feels the world shift and popcorn flies everywhere as his body hits the floor. “Are you okay?” you ask, and he can hear you trying not to laugh. He gives a small nod as you move from the bed and help him to clean up.

He tries not to let it get to him, but he’s quieter than normal during the movie. When it finishes you quickly tell him he has no need to be embarrassed. “It’s cute,” you tell him.

“You really think so?”

“Yes. So you better text me,” you order before saying goodbye to the others.

With your words in mind, he starts to form a plan. He doesn’t talk to you as much, nervous he will spoil the surprise. But when he asks you to go on a picnic with him, you’re glad he isn’t beating himself up over his rotten luck later.

He sets everything out on the blanket before clearing his throat. “I’ve been having some bad luck lately, but I hope I can turn that around. _____________, can I give you something to help my luck around you?”

“Sure.”

“Before you accept my charm, I want you to know what it means. If you refuse, that’s okay too.”

“Ok,” you say slowly, unsure what he means.

He gently takes your hand. “For the last few days I have been trying to tell you how I feel, but I’ve made a fool of myself everything time. Regardless, when I’m with you I feel like the luckiest man on the planet. I’m grateful to call you my best friend and be called your best friend in return. But I would be honored to be called your boyfriend..._______, would you go out with me?”

Before you can stop yourself you tackle him in a hug, nearly making him fall back against the ground. “Yes.”

Gently, he shifts so the two of you are sitting up and so he can pull a small box from his pocket. Carefully he pulls out a small silver chain and loops it around your neck. Gently your hand comes to rest on the small four leaf clover as you smile at Ren.

“My luck already feels like it’s changing.”

“Good, I would hate for my boyfriend to choke,” you tease.

“I brought nothing but soft foods....just in case,” he laughs, handing you a small container of soup and a pudding cup for dessert. His charms works as your first date goes without incident and even ends with the two of you sharing your first kiss.