Minhyun- First Love

Nu'est Scenarios

They say you never forget your first love and so far, Minhyun has found that statement to be true. Everything reminds him of you, even in the strangest ways. His favorite movies remind him of all the nights he spent cuddled up with you by his side. His favorite foods suddenly no longer tasted the same to him, plus his appetite seemed to be fading.

Some might think he was being overdramatic, but he still longs for you. It’s been a week since you were taken from him and in all that time he’s thought only of you and how he could have done better. He knew being a younger idol in a relationship was going to be difficult, but he had managed before everything fell apart.

“This wasn’t in your control,” his mother assured him when the Nu’est members asked her to come to the dorm to help him.

Minhyun wants things to be normal again. He wants you lying in his arms, breathing evenly as you sleep. He can almost picture your sleeping face that he used to marvel at while he played with your hair. You had to softest hair that twirled easily between his fingers, now he’s left with only the touch of his bedsheets.

He looks at his hand and warm tears form at the brim of his eyes as he remembers the feeling of your fingers twined with his. Your fingers had filled the space perfectly, but now that space was going to remain empty. Minhyun is crying now as the emptiness grows inside him. It wasn’t far, it wasn’t far that you were gone.

Things were supposed to be different.

“There will be others,” someone told him.

No one was ever going to be like you no matter what. You are Minhyun’s first love even if you’re gone. His feelings for you aren’t going to fade because he’s felt so much that will never be forgotten. The person who had told him that, hadn’t known everything.

They didn’t know that every time the two of you kissed Minhyun felt sparks. They didn’t know the way your eye lit up when you smiled or how your smile could light up a room.They didn’t know about all the little things the two of you had done that were memories Minhyun was going to treasure forever. They didn’t know that you never failed to make him feel better or how much he needed you now.

The problem was, you weren’t going to come back no matter how much Minhyun wished you would. It was impossible; you were only alive in his memories now.