9

Drop Dead Goddess

 

NINE

________________________________

 

 

The strong assault of the hot blazing sun through the window hurt his eyes as he squint after he tried to open those lovely eyelids. He examined the place as a grin lifted his cute little cheek bones. The memory of her goddess beauty was a good thing to start his day but his smile faded when he stretched his arms and realized that he was alone in that comfy bed.

 

 

He pushed himself as he lazily sat on the edge. The place looked quiet and lonely as he looked around. The wooden clock showed the time one thirty in the afternoon. Her room was small, it was like slightly bigger than Jiyong's personal bathroom. The room was colored pink with floral wallpaper and matching different hues of pink furnitures. He chucked on the monochromatic scheme and shook his head.

 

 

He stood up and went on the white living room and dining room combined in a single room. He even looked at the shower room. Still, there's no sign of her. The whole place was shining shimmering clean and her scent was already gone.  After hopeless Jiyong searched her condominium, he finally concluded that he was all alone. She's not around and that made him sigh in frustration. He really wanted to see her.

 

 

He slouched on the dining chair and ruffled his hair in annoyance that she's always leaving him just like that as he turned his head and realized a note was left on the table with a couple of capsules and a folded news paper.

 

 

"Good morning Kwon. You might wanna read the front cover. Also, take these meds. I did not cook you breakfast, I don't have time so go home straight, brat."

 

 

He glimpsed on the capsules and ignored it, he hates medicines. He then grabbed the spreadsheet as his eyes popped out with the headline and the huge photograph of Jiyong over Min Ho on the front page.

 

 

Senators Choi and Lee's Sons Rivalry

 

 

An angry face of his dad and a devilish smirk on his brother's lips suddenly dominated his mind. "!" He exclaimed.

 

 

*

 

 

Dry throat, weary eyes. He caressed his nape with the weird feeling he was experiencing as he barged like a burglar onto their mansion since it was around eight in the evening and for sure his dad and brother were not yet home. The last time he checked, they were both busy with their business that they never mentioned to him. Well, he didn’t have any interests in that though.

 

 

He spent the whole afternoon on the shop as Seungri's voice was making annoying echoes on his ears assaulted by pretty handful of peircings and earrings. He inserted his forefinger inside as he wiggled slightly and the air pressure inside was finally released that was making him irritable lately.

 

 

His thin legs went straight to the kitchen for a glass of water since he was really thirsty. The gloomy long elegant dining table unexpectedly consumed with the eerie ambiance. Seunghyun's mocking glare suddenly made contact with Jiyong's.

 

 

The good looking tall guy wiped his mouth with the white cloth as his displeased eyes shut and heaved a sigh. "I lost my appetite," he pushed himself out of the dine and walk coldly leaving a sudden threat to Jiyong.

 

 

Stuck on his place, he can barely move. He was left with the man with thick glasses eating formally his meal. Jiyong seemed to hear the gnaw of his father as he saw his jaw clenched, making a vein to protrude on his neck. He finished the salad then placed the utensils on the plate making a crisp sound with his temper boiling inside. "Explain this Jiyong," his voice was trembling, sending scary delusions to Jiyong’s skin that later turned into goose bumps.

 

 

The newspaper said it all. What more will he explain? The writer even seemed to know more about Jiyong than himself. He just scratched his head and coolly sauntered towards this old man, hiding all of his nervousness.

 

 

"Of all the people, why the son of Lee Min Woo. You are a big disgrace to my name. The elections will be two months away from now. I already talked to Attorney Kang Daesung to fix your papers. A month is too long for you to stay here. I'll be sending you to California next week." His father declared, still not looking into Jiyong's eyes but to the end of the table.

 

 

"Sir! But-" he cut his sentence because he knew that he'll never win over him. As in never. He accepted his defeat wholeheartedly. "Okay, you say so," he turned his back as the old man shook his head with the huge disappointment.

 

 

*

 

 

Straightening out the issue, Jiyong had strings of sugar coated thoughts. Been thinking how his life turned out to be with just a simple fight. Well, it has good effects though, he'll be able to have better quality of education and someday, his father might be proud for him. Maybe, someday.

 

 

But his heart knew exactly why he doesn't want to leave. I'll miss her. Definitely.

 

 

"What the ?" He confusedly uttered the stupid thought of her that was loud enough for Young Bae to hear. "Dude, are you okay?" He tapped his shoulder with the concerned expression on his face. He was really bothered with Jiyong. He barely knew what's happening to his best friend these past few days.

 

 

Jiyong grumpily removed Sol's hand off him and lazily stood up. He sauntered to the front as he gathered all the eyes of his classmates as well as his professor. "Mister Kwon, where-" she was cut immediately by this stubborn kid, "Not now, please."

 

 

He successfully got out as he fished his cigar and lighted it up. Burnt lungs were soon filled with the smoke that his body was asking for to release the tension he was feeling from what his father said. He sat on the side of the corridor, not far from his classroom and fisted his hair in anger.

 

 

"Mister Dong Young Bae, where are you going?" Park asked as Sol just did a swoosh sound that made one of their classmates whispered to her seatmate, "what's their problem?" The girl with bangs questioned back the one asking, "Haven't you seen the news?"

 

 

*

 

 

"Dude, if it's about you on the news, what's the big deal right? Did your father scold you again?" He sat on the floor as well. Young Bae straightened his legs and leaned on the wall with his arms crossed. "I actually do not care about the article." He answered then blew the smoke up then closed his eyes.

 

 

"I'll be leaving soon," he murmured with the mix of painful truth and the doubt if he can survive if he’ll leave his life here, if he has one. He was really ed up to his father as he felt the idea that his brother was feeding him, that he was just a dead weight to the family and for sure. Seunghyun must be really glad when he leaves the mansion.

 

 

"Kwon, cigarettes are not allowed in this building! No loitering in the corridor too!" Yoo Jae Suk stood on the front of the two as Jiyong gave him a scary hawk stare that made the dean startled, "A-ahm, you two can stay here. But d-don't litter. O-okay?" He bowed and swiftly vanished.

 

 

Jiyong just made a mocking smirk as he hit his second cigar. "Weak," he breathed as he threw a glance at the old man walking away. Young Bae snapped his head and grabbed his arm, "For real, Ji? Why? Just because of that news?" He was really sad hearing this. He didn't know what to do. He's been here on Jiyong’s side for more than ten years and he can't imagine his daily live without him. Even though most of the time, Jiyong was always abandoning Sol just for those hot, y girls.

 

 

"So what's your plan?" He was able to ask after a minute of silence as Jiyong had a fake smile when he remembered Dara’s face and then threw the cigarette on the floor. "I dunno. I don't want to go. I'm still not winning in my game," Jiyong yawned as he stretched his arms and rested his back.

 

 

"Tss... Still thinking of Miss Park? Dude, just let it go. Let her go." Young Bae hissed as he shook his head with his friend’s childishness. Another game that will only crash the heart of the poor girl, and even Sol was against it, though he was not that type of best friend who wants to control Jiyong. He might give few advices but it was Jiyong who never listened to him and that was the real problem.

 

 

You are not my type.

 

 

I just need to witness Min Ho's pain in losing her. I need to claim her. And I'll make her feel that falling for me will be the worst mistake that she will ever do. I need to see her heart breaking into pieces at the end for me to smell my triumph.

 

 

I won't let her go until I see her down on her knees.

 

 

Jiyong did not said what were his thoughts as he smirked with his dirty game. Though he never realized a thing. In reality, no one really wins, not even him. Even if he broke someone else's heart, he'll just end up being greedier and he'll never be satisfied. He's not even happy seeing somebody cries. He just needed to do that to boost his damn ego and manhood.

 

 

"Just fix your life there, Ji. Your aunt will take care of you for sure. Don't worry about the shop, don't forget that Seungri is a business ad major and I can do all those tattoos easily. Don't worry about us." Young Bae smiled convincing him that his life will be better there.

 

 

But it wasn't the shop that was bothering him, neither the game. He was just denying the fact that he wasn't ready to leave Dara. And to be honest, he will never leave her if she'll ask to.

 

 

Jiyong stood on his feet and just skipped a step on Young Bae. "Where are you going?" He wondered as he trailed Jiyong. He did not reply but continued to walk lazily. "You're going back to the class? Wow, this is news!" Sol grinned as they both entered the class. "You two, proceed to my office after the class." She ordered as Sol nodded with respect while Jiyong did not give even a glimpse on her and just slouched back to his sit.

 

 

Throughout the last thirty minutes of lecture, he just smirked on Park with her soft voice that she was trying hard to produce and for the white laced long dress that she looked like she'll be in a horror movie. It was really fascinating for him to watch her being awkward and ridiculously funny.

 

 

At the end of the day, it was Jiyong who was feeling the strange power of the unfamiliar thing for him, love. It was too unfamiliar that he just thought it has nothing to do with his heart and he thought that was just feeling of excitement to play with her. All his life, he never ever imagined himself that he will feel the four letter word that people were usually begging from him.

 

 

The lecture was over and the two students approached her as she blandly uttered, "No, let me correct what I said. Mister Kwon, you may go home, I only need to talk to Dong Young Bae." Jiyong suddenly widened his eyes with what he heard. "What? I-I mean, why Sol only?" He retorted then sticks his tongue on his upper pallet with his lips apart, he was really in deep disbelief.

 

 

She didn't mind what Jiyong said and just fixed her things then locked her gaze with Sol, "Let's go?" Young Bae was confused too as he glanced back to Jiyong before leaving the room and really had no idea with what's going on.

 

 

*

 

"You are performing well in my class. Mister Choi Dong Wook will be pleased. You top the exams and I wanted to give you an incentive next meeting. How about that Mister Dong Young Bae?" She was fixing the papers as she smiled beautifully at this young man, giving him some blush on his face.

 

 

Sol widened his smile with a relieved feeling. "I thought you are going to scold me." He caressed his chest to loosen him up. It was the first time he was called by a professor to a private talk. He was always given praise about his good grades on class and he was not used to be alone in a room with a girl. He was really tongue tied whenever he's talking to a girl, unless it was an elderly or his mom.

 

 

On the other hand, Jiyong's ear was pushed on the door as he rolled his eyes with the silence he was hearing. The door was thick enough for him not to hear their conversation. "What the are they talking about?" He crossed his arms and kicked an invisible rock, making his face as pissed as possible. "They're too long inside! What the hell?"

 

 

"You know, you resemble someone that was close to mine. Maybe that's the reason why I'm comfortable talking to you Dong," she looked closely as she examined his face. She was really amazed on how Young Bae looked similar to the kid he knew a long time ago.

 

 

Sol felt weirdly happy as he found the comfort of talking to her. It was really unexpected. He felt too that he knew her before. He thought maybe they met on their past life. "Ma'am you can just call me Young Bae if you want. If we are not in class anymore, I prefer to be called by my name. Actually, I hate my surname Dong." His grin lifted his face as his eyes made an arch.

 

 

"Arasso, then call me Sandara, we can be friends outside the class, can’t we?" She offered a handshake as he took her hand and for the moment, they both felt home. She suddenly cupped his face as she slowly caressed his it. Taeyang. She smirked with the name that was lingering on her head. "You really look like him. Amazing."

 

 

Sol flushed as he immediately removed her hand, "Ma'am, I'll be going. Thank you for the compliments." He bowed lowly as he left her with a genuine smile drew on his face. He opened the door as he witnessed Jiyong having his childlike tantrums.

 

 

"They're already 15 minutes inside. Arghhh!" He scratched his head as he pouted in annoyance. Sol was surprised with Jiyong's presence as the door was left disclosed, making Park to be able to hear the two. "Dude, what are you doing here? I thought you already headed to the shop."

 

 

She made an appearance that Jiyong suddenly froze as his face made another cute O shape. "Kwon? What do you need?" She asked as he frowned and started to walk. "Let's go Sol," he stated as Young Bae made his last bow. "Bye, thank you again."

 

 

"Bye Young Bae, you two take care in your way home." She waved goodbye as Sol spread a smile and waved his both hands back at her and that made Jiyong ingly irritated with what he saw.

 

 

Right after they stepped on the elevator, Jiyong twitched his lips as he put his hands on his pocket. "What was that?" He asked, obviously annoyed and if Sol was not his best friend, he'll surely punch him. Why the hell was they were acting? Are they friends now? As if there's something behind their smiles. As if they did something inside. It was really frustrating for Jiyong.

 

 

"What was what?" Sol raised his eyebrows high as his mouth was left hanging. He was wondering what Jiyong was up to again. He was really clueless as Jiyong realized that Sol was too innocent and he trusted him, believing that nothing happened between them. Jiyong was the only one capable of doing lustful things in 15 minutes. "Never mind," he heaved a skeptical sigh, still being doubtful on how she addressed Sol.

 

 

Why the hell did she called him with his given name? Young Bae? Tss... Then she's calling me Kwon and not Jiyong? Wow. Amazing. His sarcasm was making a big fuss on his head.

 

 

Okay, he was now making a sketch of plan to be with her until he feels like leaving. He was just worried that she might fall for Young Bae. No wonder that it could happen. Right? Sol is talented, good in dancing, knows how to play piano, sings well, has well built body and he’s also good looking. If Jiyong was a girl, he might even fall for him too. He was really exhausted with the unimaginable possibilities about the two being together. His insecurities were totally taking his sanity. He really thought that Min Ho was his only rival.

 

 

"She's weird." He broke the ice that was forming between the silence in the air. Jiyong stopped setting up his headphone when he heard Sol. But he even became dumbfounded when he heard the second statement. "She touched my face saying I look someone she used to know. Never thought that she’s warm. Also, I’m not that awkward around her. She’s really something."

 

 

Because of that, he swore he'll never leave until he claimed what he wanted. Until he was not finished with his business, he’ll stick with her.

 

 

She's mine. Only mine.

 

 

 

 

 

______________________

A/N: Jealous Jiyong. ^___^

He’s leaving. T___T

Sorry for the short appearance of tabi. His spotlight will be on soon. ^^

Comments guys?

Thank you so much for all the love that I dunno how to react! Kekeke~

BTW, I'm done with the super long chapter 10. I'm just proof reading it. I love you all. :*