0027

Drop Dead Goddess

 


Five forty. 



The sun was already kissing the sky's vastness as Dara's eyes still lingered on the mansion's master plan. Keenly studying the intricacy of the huge property as she buried the cigarette against the corner of the graphite counter top. 



Her gaze went north of the paper, eyes were slit as she realized there's something missing in the sketch. Found out there were another safe room that isn't indicated in the blue print. A smirk were painted to her lips as she bit its lower part, giving it a little pressure. 



"Looks can be deceiving..." Seunghyun's voice crept on her head once more. 




A miniature of dark grim reaper was soon caressed by her, fiddling it between her soft little fingers as she soon felt sleepy and had a long yawn. She then murmured with her dry throat, "Seems like tonight, I'll be giving another present for you." 



*



"You're up already?" Her voice interrupted his vague mind. His orbs searched for her as she dropped down her long locks from the upper bed of their double deck. "You're working with your final report?" She once again croaked. 



"Aniyo, it is just..." He didn't have any strength to let out what's killing him. Sigh. He closed his eyes and murmured, "Nothing." 



"Wait, I'll just pee." The girl literally jumped out of her bed as she sprinted to the comfort room adjacent to their study table filled with unorganized books and unfinished reports. Leaving the door slightly opened, she uttered, "What is it that bothers you Sol?"

 



Youngbae dragged his feet down to touch the cold wooden floor. Lazily, he slouched with his head forwarded to the photograph lying on the floor. IU observed what her roommate's carriage as she pouted. "Is it the little girl in the picture?"



"You still love her?"



"Not really sure." He bravely confessed. He took ample amount of air before spilling out his thoughts. "First love surely never dies. But... What's bothering me isn't Krung. It isn't about how Miss Park happened to be the same kid named Krung because her face changed so much. It isn't about how I missed the chance of getting her back."



"It is just..." His eyes were already stained as IU sauntered towards him, she lied on her side with her head resting on Youngbae's thighs. They fixed their eyes in a steady intent look  as IU's stare became eager with studious attention. Maybe she's trying to comfort Youngbae with her gaze. He was so hesitant but soon withdrew the feeling and silently spoke. "Jiyong."

 



She reached for his hand and enclosed in between her palms as he continued,  "I don't know how to tell him I'll be leaving soon. That we passed the scholarship exam to become exchange students until we graduate . Just that... Who's gonna take care of that child Jiyong..." He paused. 



"We've been together for I don't know when. He's by my side my whole life. And I just ditched him just like that. Just for a girl whom I was with for like 2 years? I forgot." Bitter laugh, he snorted. She felt how hard the situation of her roommate as she squeezed his hand, reassuring that everything will be okay. 



"Then, make up for Jiyong. I know you can forgive him. I believe you're a good person." She smiled. 



"You think I am?"



"Don't worry about Jiyong. You two have a strong bond and I'm sure your friendship will be back just the same. And if you're thinking about the shop, no need to worry also. And lastly, Seungri loves him a lot and will definitely take care of him." She casted another innocent grin as she heard Youngbae's tummy growling in protest. 



"Wanna grab some food? I heard that Shinchon Cafe is now open for early breakfast! There's your favorite smoked salmon sandwich and they have extra strong Americano shots!" She giggled as she pulled Youngbae out of bed. 



On their way to the said coffee shop, she merrily stamped on her every step as Youngbae's eyes stayed on her profile.

 



She's cute.

 


He shook his head to wash away whatever was in his head as he once again thought of Jiyong. What will happen to him if ever he's got into trouble and Youngbae isn't around? 



"Don't we have the same dorm in there?" Her sweetness filled every space in her sentence. "I hope so," he tugged the corner of his lips. He then heaved another sigh knowing that he'll be with this angel in Harvard University for the next two remaining years before their most awaited graduation. 



I'm lucky to have her by my side.

 



He widened his eyes on what he just said to himself quietly. He felt scared and confused at the sane time. For the feeling he's been tossing away for the past few months was so familiar. He gulped an abundant saliva as he shifted his gaze from IU to another girl in hood coming out of the cafe, holding a cappuccino tightly, walking passed them. 
 



Nostalgia came crashing his heart as he felt bullets of sweat around his back. He felt heartache for his head wanted to theoretically let the girl go, even if in the first place she wasn't his. "Krung..." He softly whispered. 



"What is it?" The girl on his side blissfully filled his empty hand with hers. He was taken aback as his heart suddenly felt home. For the first time, he felt this genuinely happy knowing the he's holding IU's hand instead of Dara's. 



"I think I have moved on."



*



"! I think Ill Woo's gonna look for me!" She held the tequila and shoved it down to . The dim light was not an issue to hide her bright crimson face. Rushes of red blots were soon plastered all over her arms as she reached for a tissue to dry her damped lips. 



"You're safe as long as you're with me." The guy's low voice gave him warmth of care. "I've been seeing them in my dreams. All of those dead bodies are haunting me," she sobs. Tendrils were soon sticking on her cheeks together with the tears she was shedding. Her eyes were gathered to Seunghyun's as if pleading for a refuge, seeking for forgiveness, guilt right behind her tongue. 



The tall bachelor stood manly and held her hand, "come on, I'll take you home." She was bewildered as she shook off his grip. Another shot was successfully thrown to her stomach as she felt acid took control. "Aish! I'm not even..." Hiccup. "Drunk!"



"Enough!" He snatched another shot glass filled with clear crisp alcohol when she tried to have one more. "Yah!" She protested. "Ok I won't drink this. But it will just be poured down the sink. I'll be sad. So... Drink this!"



"I don't want." He coldly rolled his eyes. 



"Aigoo! You Jaejoong! Drink this!" Her voice went up in a higher pitch. The lad's abs who was absentminded were hit by Changmin's hand as his attention were back. "Just drink this so that Sandy would shut up." The boss handed. 



"Let's go." He pulled her off the leather couch, out of the elegant VIP room of the club as her face still searched for Jaejoong behind them and screamed, "Drink!"



Her head was spinning around as they reached the parking lot with the two of the apprentices securing their back. "I wanna go to my apartment." Her cat-like eyes brightened, as if animated. He hissed as she forcefully pushed her inside his limousine. "No. You're coming with me." 



It was a twenty minutes journey before they reached the mansion as she continued humming and making unrecognizable tunes of unknown music. "La la la la~" She was then tucked to bed as he left her a soulful kiss that took both their breaths. She lied on her side as her forefinger traced his pointed nose to his lips and mumbled, "I'm all yours."



He just answered her with another kiss on the back of her hand before leaving. "Sleep tight." He uttered before the door closed. She was sometimes a headache to him but he just shrugged it for heaven knows how much he loves her. Seeing her flaws perfectly imperfect. 



The slit in the bottom of the door made the light from the hallow hallway to pass through as three shadows were casted and stretched inside the room. "I'll be in dad's wake after this." He informed the two armed man. 



Jiyong got out of his room when he heard that the couple have arrived home. He haven't talked to his half brother right after their out of town. He even didn't bother to seek comfort when Jaejoong squeaked about the senator's death. He seemed more concern to the woman than to his own father. "She's drunk?"



Seunghyun turned to where the young one was positioned. Pissed, he balled his hand for how he hates nosey people, not realizing he's like the worst one in that character. "That's none of your business."



Before the bright red head Jiyong turned his back against that douchebag, Seunghyun stopped him in his tracks. "Aren't you gonna go to my dad's wake?"



"Your dad." His face turned sour with the insult he felt in his words. Even if the old man died, the torture of being his illegitimate son just became ill. "Yeah," he nodded and left quietly with his backpack and skateboard on hand and left for the wake. 



"You two stay here with her. I want another thirty men to guard the mansion. Make sure all my dogs are untied. I'll be back before sunrise." He left orders firmly, face just as serious but still good looking. "I'll just get something from my dad's room."



Before getting the documents, he once sured that his precious gem was still safe and sound. It wasn't the diamond necklace or what that he's pertaining, it was Dara that he thought was his greatest possession.  His trophy. "Good night Sandy, I love you." He purred lovingly even if he knew that he won't be heard as he grinned when she snored a little. He gave her a kiss on the forehead as brows frowned then went back to slumber. 



Click. The door was finally locked, lights from the hallway were the only source in this room that was caliginous dark. With all the thick curtains dripped down, touching the floor, The moonlight wasn't even invited. 

 



Everything's going according to her plan. 



That moment was what she's been waiting for as her eyes opened wide, just like the full moon in the night. Soon enough, she smirked the way she did this earlier dawn. She untied her ruffling royal blue dress that will be a burden to her mission as gravity  gracefully pulled it to her feet. She then gathered her hair up, as tight as she could to make a clean bun, making sure no string were left hanging by putting several bobby pins. It was nothing but brassier and the black fitted leggings that was hugging her body. 



Knowing that the room was obscured in darkness, she made sure that the surveillance camera's triggered with strong static to prevent it from recording. She pressed the small cylindrical cigarette-like-device and left it on bed, creating waves that interrupted the camera's signal. 



Looking at her watch that showed exactly five seconds before nine in the evening, she pressed the small ear peace inside her ear and begun counting silently. "Five, four, three, two..."


 


"I'll just go to washroom. I feel really dizzy." Jaejoong whimpered as his vision of Changmin doubled. Dara's lips became crescent shaped while listening to the conversation as Changmin yawned. "Just come back instantly. I need caffeine in my system."

 


She couldn't afford to waste anymore second. Her slim body were immediately slipped through the thin window gap, cold breeze splattering her fair skin. She got hold on the gutter, feet supported by an inch thick brick embossed through the wall as she swung her legs slowly, the tip of her feet touched another camera located outside the window of Seunghyun's room. Her toes pushed it up as it recorded the skies instead. 
 



She literally leaped from the second floor, landing to the ground on her four. Her nose were soon filled with the smell of fresh cut green grass while two of the K-9 dogs ran after her. Their eyes soon collided as saliva dripped from their canine teeth, galloping to where Dara was standing as the two sprinted on her feet. 



Her hand slipped some treats from her leggings, opening her palms to let these two animals feed. When they're done, she gave each of them kiss on their forehead as their tails wagged in excitement that they have seen Dara again after the long vacation. She grinned, knowing that their loyalty belongs to her. 



Leaving the black dogs, she scampered while keeping low. Her back soon felt the rough stone wall as she slowly moved to the pillar near the backdoor. She then kneeled down when she saw one of Seunghyun's people passing by. She carefully crawled until she reached the back door. A small mirror were slipped slightly between the door and floor's narrow gap in an angle where he saw Jaejoong talking to one of the armed guys that he soon ended the conversation. 



She proceeded to wall where the air vent in the kitchen was located. Using her bobby pin, she removed two screws then cautiously opening it. With the enough space she needed, she squeezed her body to fit in the small hole of the vent. She slowly moved through the duct that connects all the air vent throughout the mansion. 



Another bobby pin was used as she carefully clogged the air propeller from the wash room where Jaejoong was settling his nauseating body. Her deed created a slight sound that made Jaejoong followed the noise up to the vent. He then shrugged it off as he splashed crystalline water against his face. 



Dara moved her body with smooth sliding motion, precisely the space between the propeller was exactly just the size pf Dara's body as she successfully slipped through it with her feet first. Warily descending her body to the other end, slooowly. Right after her last strand of hair passed trough, the propeller went back to its function as the air continued to flow. She rested for a bit as she studied the guy's every move from the small slits of the air vent. 



She held her wrist and leveled to her eyes as her orbs followed with the thin red hand. Almost. It was almost touching the twelfth number with her almost winning smile. Jajejoong dropped to the floor, unconscious. She removed the metal bars as she came out of the ceiling. 



With him being helpless, she effortlessly tossed the 9mm gun behind his back. Her hand languidly traced her jaw up to his hair as he tugged some, leaving some of his tendrils on the floor. Her fist had protruding veins when she punched his soft featured face, creating a dark circle around his left eye. 



Brittle sound of the shoes' sole hitting the ceramic tiles were getting louder in each step. Like a tick of the bomb, tensioning in every second it took. The knob twitched as it opened a little wider for the man to make his grand entrance. 



"Jae, what is taking you so lo-" He cut his sentence when he saw a body lying on the floor, just below the lavatory which faucet's still throwing up warm water. His sight went straight to the huge mirror depicting his reflection. And it wasn't just his very own, a reflection of her was also carved in the mirror. 



She cocked her head together with the gun she acquired from the unconscious being. "Hands up and turn around my dearest Changmin." She the corner of her lips and presented a full smile showing her pearl white set. 



"S... Sandy?" Her name were almost poison to his mouth when he stated her name. He felt suffocated under her gaze as he surrendered and raised his hand, turned around to face his boss' girl almost . 



Dumbfounded, his eyes questioningly stayed on her. Still processing what the hell was happening. His mouth gapped, desperate to breath for he knew it might be his last minute. Before he could even have a grip on the revolver he acquired from his side, Dara swiveled her leg up to kick it away from them. She mocked, laughing that she's the one in control of the situation. Knowing Changmin won't spill the beans, she asked anyway. "What else do you know?"



She cocked her head, still waiting for the response as she yawned from boredom. Her eyes even rolled hard before at last, his mouth had something useful to do. "I thought Kang Daesung is the sp-" 



Gunshot filled the air. Dogs' ear-deafening barks followed. 



She took a deep audible breathe before complaining lazily. "Ugh... I hate your voice. And I hate that name you mentioned even more." Her legs brought her in front of the man, still breathing in peace. The 9mm gun was passed back to Jaejoong's hand as she abruptly removed the thin skin latex covering her hand with Jaejoong's finger print imprinted on it. The latex were disposed at the bowl as she flushed it down before proceeding to where she came from. 



She got back to the vent and move her up with the metal screen still opened wide. The door was kicked hard by a guy who happened to be in the kitchen, the same time she lastly closed the vent. 



"Where's that gunfire coming from?" The deepness of his voice shrilled within the closed room of his late father. Threatened, he swiftly huddled the important files back to the vault and fastened the lock. The guards outside the room barged inside to check their master with one of them busy relying the message on the other end of the line that Seunghyun's fine. 



Knowing the circumstance, Seunhyun immediately got out of the lavish room and wear the safe bulletproof vest, loaded his riffle gun with enough ammo as if he'll be going to a mass kill. Commotion filled the eerie night, dogs still creating noise. "Search the mansion and get that bastard! I will be the one killing that motherer!" 



The long search was gone when Seunghyun was welcomed with Jaejoong's black eyed face, hair ruffled. He took a pause while he was still processing the unexpected turn of scenes. His orbs lied to the corpse, still not accepting the fact that his favorite underdog was now cold, lifeless. "Kim Jaejoong, what have you done?" His voice wasn't consumed with anger. He sounded more of a mourning guy over a friend that he treated better than his own brother. 



"Boss, it wasn't me!" Quietness was awkwardly consuming the space as Seunghyun gritted his teeth. Changmin's brutal head shot made his fists unsteadily shaking, blood filling his face as he felt numb. He felt paralyzed. Never in his wildest dream that he thought the spy was by his side all along, that it was Jaejoong. 



"Get him to the basement now! Make sure he can't escape!" He commanded, chills covered the innocent man's spine. Tears soon escaped as he pleaded for his life. "Boss! I swear! I didn't do it! I didn't kill Changmin!"



He was deaf. 



"Boss!" The young man tried to save his soul from the unforgiving hell but Seunghyun was already burning Jaejoong in his stare. "I'll be at the basement in a bit." Seunghyun gave his last creepy look at the people inside the wash room as their body hair stood up in response. 



The crime scene was still fresh with Changmin's blood, pooling beneath his head, forming a halo of red sea. The murder weapon lying on the floor was fetched by one of the guys as they all gave Jaejoong a judging look. He was still clueless how he was framed and who the killer was. He swore he will torture every inch of that sinner, that he will skin him while still consciously breathing and will break his bones into pieces to the point that walking will no longer be possible. Not knowing that the killer he's been thinking was a girl. 



On the other hand, his head was aching for it didn't want to accept the fact that Jaejoong's behind all this killings, knowing the loyalty of his apprentice was solely for Choi's clan. It was his father then Changmin, he felt that the ticking of the clock was whispering his few last months, weeks or even days will be soon gone. That he will be famished the way he couldn't imagine. 


 


He couldn't decipher the spy and his head was suggesting a clean sheet of name list. It was beyond aggravating for his psych, fear of the unknown covered his head. 

 


Who could be the guy behind this?
Who could be the least person that I could think of as a spy?



His flexes soon rushed to the extravagant stairs, towards the long hallway with his men scattered everywhere. While sprinting, he prepared and made sure that his bolt action rifle gun was loaded as his men panicked behind his back, following his trails. 



The dead end was his spacious room. Dark solid wooden door received an out of the world force, Seunghyun's wrath fully dispersed with that one strong kick. Birds from the outside had trepidation of terror as they flew away the mansion as far as they could. 



Seunghyun's grunting breath stopped, face crumpled with his mouth agape. His gun was then kissing the floor goodbye as his knees became weak, feet were swallowed by frustration. His heart rate became unimaginably slower than what a human can do. 



Tears brimmed the corner of his eyes as he fell on his knees when he saw his lover, lying on his king sized bed, sweetly and innocently lost in the dream land she's peacefully indulging in. 



*


 


A/n: lol after 200 million years finally I updated! Just went through a quarter life crisis. So fckng stressed. Hahaha.

Anyway, This will be 30 chaps, subscribe or unsubscribe, it is up to you.

Just wanna say thanks to those who still wait for this and didn't abandon me. Love u all :* I'm currently working on the remaining chaps btw.

Also, i might update let's not fall in love the following week. Sorry to keep you waiting. Hope you all live a happy life. Xoxo

 

Banner by amarie estel :*

I just wanna say that erisan23 is my previous username for those who don't know,

we just broke up and so I changed my username to veryimportantpotato hahahaha