23

Drop Dead Goddess

"CL-roo~ can you hand me my phone I'll just text Seungri how's the shop and Sol," he asked while pointing on the device resting next to Chaerin's arm leaning on the table.

 

 

CL-roo~

 

 

CL-roo~

 

 

CL-roo~

 

 

The ? Disgusting.

 

 

She heard the nickname for nth time today and gawking was her only option as she could just roll her eyes and wished that Seunghyun will be back as soon as possible.

 

 

All that she could hear was the cricket's sound, soft ballad song coming from the huge flat television in front, clattering of the chopstick over the bowl of some dishes laid over the wooden table, the crispness of the liquor on the wine glass that the blonde was pouring over and over again and the small chuckle Jiyong was blissfully creating towards some witty retort that they were willingly exchanging.

 

 

She's definitely out of place.

 

 

Though surprisingly, the first day wasn't that much to worry since it went so smooth, with only some bickering over the half-brothers and amazingly Dara can terminate whatever heating the two to explode. It was as if she has the power to tame anyone who was about to erupt. However, she couldn't apply it to her own self, blood boiling with her hissing from time to time whenever there's a lovely commotion between the lovers in her front.

 

 

"Baby," he called, snatching the bottle from her hand, putting it aside with his impassive face. "You're already tipsy. Don't drink too much."

 

 

Damn.

 

 

That tender simple care of a boyfriend towards his muse made her wanna puke onto the feast on her front. She hissed a timid curse before gripping tight on the bottle's neck, almost breaking the glass as Dara's sight darkened in the process.

 

 

The next thing happened was the wine being drained down to her system, every single drop washed her itchy throat as Jiyong only watched her drink her life out with his eyes covered with some mask she couldn't comprehend, their sight both meeting, not attempting to break. A goofy smirk lifted a side of his lips before engaging to Chaerin's hand, entwined in between the spaces of her fingers as he kissed the back of her hand, gaze still locked to Dara, mocking.

 

 

Her stomach growled with the exaggerated wine she just finished as she dug her fork on a flavorful crispy waffle on the outside with the soft mushy inside topped with thick oozing flowing chocolate syrup and chocolate chips, smorsh mallows, chopped cashew nuts and finished with fresh red bright cherry on top. After angrily eating the whole plate, the next thing eaten was the harmony of lemon citrus cupcake baked to perfection with bits of real avocado, twisted with caramelized brown sugar swooshing on every side, creamed with green and orange lime twirled frosting, glowed with the small banana slices on top. She wasn't really that hungry but sweets attracted her to cool her temper.

 

 

Soon enough, Seunghyun saved the heart of hers as she felt soft tender kiss planted on the top of her head together with a huge hand casting over her shoulder as he settled himself beside her. For that moment, Jiyong intended to remove his gaze on her, faced the wideness of the outside, immersed himself with the beauty of the huge moon almost swallowing the line of the coast, its reflection stretching across the water which was dancing in interesting waves.

 

 

"Who was it?" She blinked several times to wash the clouds in her eyes as curiosity consumed her with whoever verdict did Seunghyun talk with in the phone for almost thirty minutes that brought Dara to a great awkwardness.

 

 

"Uh- nothing. Just some business thing. Nothing important that you should know." He oddly reasoned out, uneasiness evident in his voice and then she engaged into a sweet smile. "I see."

 

 

"Where were we again?" He paused, cupping his chin before sending his eyes up to cope up with our conversation earlier. "Oh, yeah. The literature book. I'll send it to you next week. Make sure to read it, okay? You won't regret it. Promise."

 

 

She was about to answer when Chaerin overtook her voice. "Uh- oppa, you want to sing? The songs in Karaoke are great. I'll choose you one. Hmmm. May be this? Try singing this. It suits your voice, I think." She handed the black file, thousands of songs listed inside with the number it corresponds.

 

 

Yes. They're on the verge of the luxurious Lee's rest house on the said beach and it showcased a view of the ocean in the middle of the night which was more than amazing. Splendid lightings surrounding them with the Hawaiian theme decors made the night more special as they felt that the busy reality was momentarily out of their head, and relaxing was all they could do. Infinity pool on their side, as if it was connected to the sea, with the bar on the opposite filled with century wines of thousand bucks though no hot bartender was accompanied on it. They don't need it since Jiyong was the one making their out of the world drinks.

 

 

"Huh? You really want me to sing? Me? Really?" He lowly muttered with his brows raised quizzical. "I'm talking to you, right? So maybe it is really you I wanted to sing. Duh?" And the mode was on. She's a daughter of their partner and punching her in the face isn't quite a good option so he just cocked his head, voice evidently not interested. "You know I don't sing."

 

 

"But you did rap before," Jiyong cocked his head as well, legs crossed over another, eyes darted on his older brother and lips thinning to make a smirk. After hearing that, Dara shifted her attention to his boyfriend, eyes twinkling with so much anticipation and a smile spreading across her luminous face. "Really?"

 

 

"Yeah right," he said monotonously, moved his sight from the lovely woman to his annoying brother. "Thanks a lot."

 

 

"Sing for me, please? Or... Rap!" She enthusiastically squealed.

 

 

"Wae?"

 

 

"Why are you like that? You'll regret if you heard me sing. Wait- did you just..." His face leaned over, his nose almost touching hers, inhaling the sinful aroma of the wine lingering on her lips. Brows suddenly united, "I thought you're not gonna drink."

 

 

"Because..." She gasped for air, fiddled her fingers while her intuition suggested that someone was staring at her. Realizing who the culprit was, their eyes crashed as she saw a mocking remark on his eyes. Because I ing hate how Jiyong cares about Chaerin. "The liquor smells great so I tried it." She reasoned illogically instead.

 

 

"Tried? The whole bottle?" Jiyong's skeptical, face once again straight, masking whatever emotion he was hiding. It was so hard for Dara to deal with Jiyong, not knowing what he had on his pretty little mind that was obviously nothing but her actually.

 

 

She didn't noted how long they were secretly talking with their gaze, those darker ones casting some spell over her caramel ones. Not understanding the strange squeeze on her heart or even the irritation over the couple. It was all weird as she refused to over analyze whatever she was feeling and just shrugged it off.

 

 

"Cool, they have different languages here. I mean, some songs aren't even Korean or English." Seunghyun finally showed the hidden interest of him towards pop music, where she thought he just wanted Bach, Ludovic Einaudi and the likings of it. "Hon, you mentioned you know a little Tagalog, right?"

 

 

"Well..." She nervously took a peek on the couple who was now seriously giggling about something, both seemed so happy cracking their happiness and joy out. His arms suddenly hovering on her shoulders while hers were wrapped on his petite body. Chaerin still demurely laughing while Jiyong whispered something slow. Dara's eyes widened when he winked at her before placing a kiss on Chaerin's forehead, making sure that Dara was witnessing how gentle the kiss was.

 

 

She almost lost her sanity as Seunghyun snapped his fingers on her blank stare, bringing her back to the question. "Uh- J... Just basic, I took a lesson before."

 

 

"For what?" He wondered. "Nothing. Just interested to learn different language other than Hangeul. Since, hmmm... I'm dealing with different races to make our fashion magazine multicultural." Lie. That was in fact, she knows six or seven other languages as training before she became assassin and knowing such things become relevant at some point of her spying.

 

 

"So... Let's all sing!" Chaerin cried, removed her arms that were entangled on Jiyong's earlier as she tugged the list and like a boss, commanded all of us what to sing. "You Seunghyun oppa sing this No diggity, oh I love the rap part there. And unnie choose any Tagalog song if ever you know one, then maybe I'll sing ahhhmm... Japanese! Utada Hikaru's First Love." Her eyes suddenly became alive, she's overwhelmed with the fact that this night has something more interesting to do rather than merely drinking, which was nothing they had planned.

 

 

"And baby, you?" She emphasized the word baby as another flick of fire started on Dara's heart. Anger rooting somewhere on her chest as his response suddenly made Dara a little better-off. "Not gonna happen." Ha!

 

 

"Kill joy." A baritone voice quickly made everyone else turn their head to the owner of that sound.

 

 

Then, there was Jiyong, totally surprised. "Woah, never expect that snide comment came from your mouth, Seunghyun."

 

 

She pinned her blonde tendrils up, finally clipping then wrapping a printed bandana on her head, looking more of a hip-hop artist. Then charmingly sung ‘I Am the Best’ of 2ne1, showing her skills in rapping then the mellow Japanese song ‘First Love’. They held a round of applause for her breath taking performance as if they were watching a live concert, Jiyong was grinning from ear to ear though Dara forced a bitter smile.

 

 

The boring night of unlimited drinks and food was filled with melody, making it electrifying, great voices that were never discovered which can be counted as talent, conversation between Dara and Chaerin became more and more casual, yeah, surprisingly. Talked about some girly stuff and clothes brand, fashion and beauty tips with the siblings talking about nothing, since nothing is common in their field of interest. Moreover, the awkward stares of Jiyong and the goddess had worsened.

 

 

After some gathering of guts, Seunghyun uncomfortably had the first stanza, losing the essence of ‘No Diggity’ as Dara's convincing eyes inspired him to continue as he found the right track. Moving his head on both sides, feeling the notes dancing on his body, long hand suddenly swooshing as if he was doing a DJ, it was a complete alien version of him. It was sooo not Seunghyun. Plus, his attire really contradicted with the genre of the song, he was wearing formal long sleeves purple polo and dark trousers - which he insisted that it was his casual look that suited the beach - since he paired it with slippers instead of black leather shoes. Still doesn't have any idea how casual attire should look like.

 

 

The whole performance was finished with a bang. They were all speechless, mouth agape. Wow. He got a voice. Hands of the two ladies found their ways to hit each other, slowly clapping with their eyes almost twinkling lovely, totally blushing while Jiyong just rolled his eyes since he didn't expect that Seunghyun will pull it off. He thought he'll bring his brother down and it turned otherwise.

 

 

Then the light of Dara came, kicking in another shot of the Jiyong's personal mix of vodka and honeydew as she pointed a lousy song. "In or out. This song is hilarious! Oh well... Okay. I'll sing it!" It was so obvious that she wasn't sober, she's drunk. Then Seunghyun who was supposed to be her boyfriend or to act as one, even gave her another shot and made a toast with her, finishing both tall wine glass. Dara stood up, eyes already bloodshot, body language hyped with the alcohol.

 

 

Jiyong could only shake his head, wanting to grab Dara out of the scene and put her to sleep because obviously, she's way too drunk than what she could handle. But of course, he can't do anything. He's not her boyfriend after all.

 

 

She wore the rabbit head band resting on the table that Chaerin bought, actually she didn't know what to do with that, she's a compulsive buyer and just buys things even if those were useless. Dara bobbed her head left and right, making her a little dizzy but she didn't mind, feeling the antics of the song, bringing back whatever memories left on her and forgetting how annoying Jiyong was that night.

 

 

"Go unnie!" The blonde lifted a fist, and then laughed with her cuteness. She found Dara amusing, not a competitor since she believed that Dara is really Seunghyun's lover then she glanced at Seunghyun's expression, it was priceless. He was as if gratified watching his girlfriend freed herself from stress and found her really, really cute.

 

 

Only one man was left not smiling, though he couldn't resist how adorable this rabbit was as he sheepishly made a half smile, eyes rolling while shaking again his head. "Santokki." His voice was almost mute, the music overpowering his note but Dara surprisingly heard it nonetheless. "Huh? Pardon?"

 

 

"Nothing."

 

 

All throughout the Tagalog-English song, she was jumping, giggling. Looked like some of those animated characters on TV. Bouncing all over the place, her exquisite moves and lady like behavior was long forgotten and was replaced by the adorable irresistible overflowing aegyo. Chaerin couldn't stop laughing with her gags as Seunghyun just ran after Dara in hope that she won't fall over the pool and guilt of making her drink much hit his head. He should have restricted her taking the alcohol for the first place.

 

 

Jiyong on the other end just masked himself, suppressed a grin that he wanted to make because he was so fascinated with the fact that she literally lifted the mood of the place and still looking gorgeous with the bunny ear on her head. He wanted to appear that he wasn't entertained and just bottomed down the half-full pitcher he mixed. Though a part of him was sulking, he wanted to be Seunghyun, wanting to be the one running after his santokki (apparently new nickname he invented for her).

 

 

"So, what's the meaning of the song?" Seunghyun's sweat crawled down his sideburns to his y jaw line out of exhaustive running around. The couple finally set where they were before, pulling Dara close so she won't stand again and he won't look after her once more as if he was babysitting. "Don't ask. It is really funny. And I can't explain it. Hahaha!" She broke up with a witty laugh, gripping on a sealed vodka that Jiyong will be using later to mix another one.

 

 

With that, Jiyong quickly diverted his sight on the bottle, snapped the it from her grasp. She can drink no more. Triggering annoyance on her for taking away her source of craziness, she succumbed on hatred over Jiyong and pouted like a kid. "Aishhh... I hate you."

 

 

Jiyong's lips parted, heart sank deeper than it already was. So shocked that staring at her unknowingly was the only thing that can be done. Though she meant hating him because he snatched the long neck bottle, he took her loathe seriously. He felt like she meant it, that she hated him. That she was purposively doing things to hurt him. Perhaps, a small knife was twisted on his heart by now.

 

 

"The shameful spotlight is yours now, Jiyong." Seunghyun teased, eyes already mirrored the hard drink, presenting a tipsy formal guy with huge voice. He looked rather funny among them all.

 

 

He casted a blank gaze on his brother before heaving a stressed sigh, "fine."

 

 

He took the microphone, acoustic version started to vibrate on the open area, spreading amongst the vast skies and some small twinkling diamonds above. That XX sounded soothing nice and pleaded the heavens as it gave Jiyong the blessing in doing so.

 

 

Walking on the street, I bumped into your man (Yeah I saw him)

I didn’t want to believe it, but my hunch turned out right (I told you)

He’s not wearing that ring you gave him, there’s another girl by his side

But I’ve said enough (I don’t wanna hurt you)

 

Now you’re getting angry with me (Why?)

You say “He’s definitely not that kind of person” (Sure you’re right)

Seeing your eyes, I reply that I probably got it wrong

See, I lied for you (I’m sorry)

 

I hate that you don’t understand me

I hate all this waiting

Let go of his hand (break it off with him)

When you’re sad, I feel like I’m dying

 

That bastard, what does he have that I don’t?

Why can’t I have you?

That bastard doesn’t love you

How much longer are you going to cry yourself silly?

 

 

Cold breeze crept underneath her skin, it was so cold that she thought her heart was frozen to something close to ice. His words enclosing her heart, wringing until suffocating almost slayed her. Breathing wasn’t that normal to her, like she’s been delimited to. Then their little staring game started again. Eyes swaying in forlorn. The sickest thing, two hearts constrained in torture longing. Gaze locked as if they didn't want to let go.

 

 

When you speak of him, you look so happy (you look happy)

It’s good that you can be this happy (I’m happy)

You say you really love him, want to be with him forever

You trust him completely (I don’t know what to say no more)

Your friends all know that guy (yup they know)

It’s so obvious, why can’t you see (it’s you)

They say love is blind, Oh baby, you’re so blind

Please, I beg you, break it off

 

Oh I hate that you don’t understand me

I hate all this waiting

Let go of his hand (break it off with him)

When you’re sad, I feel like I’m dying

 

That bastard, what does he have that I don’t?

Why can’t I have you?

That bastard doesn’t love you

How much longer are you going to cry yourself silly?

 

Expensive cars, beautiful clothes, high-class restaurants, they all suit you well

But that bastard beside you, he doesn’t suit you, he really doesn’t

He smiles like a hypocrite with you, brushing your face and hair

But he’s thinking of another woman for sure, how dare he?

The amount of tears you’ve cried, I want to make you happy by the same amount, baby

Rather than going through the pain alone, share some with me, baby

Please look at me, why can’t you realize that I am your love?

Why are you the only one who doesn’t know?

 

That bastard, what does he have that I don’t?

Why can’t I have you?

That bastard doesn’t love you

How much longer are you going to cry yourself silly?

 

 

“Why does it seem like he's implying something to me?” She whispered to herself, as if the song was specifically sung for her.

 

 

Lips of him slowly moving on its own, drowning on the last line of the lyrics as her sight became blurred, blinking endlessly to re-gain a clearer view, sight going south to his wet pink lips, as if it was some sort of candy she wanted to on, she wanted to know how sweet he tastes, she was so curios how good it feels to rest her lips on him, she wanted to kiss Ji-

 

 

Jesus, stop it Dara. He's too young. Disgusting.

 

 

*

 

 

"Uhhhh- Sandy! I'm coming honey!" He pounded her fast from her behind as her wholeheartedly take it all in, his largeness hammering inside her walls, her moans colliding with his huge low groans and curses. Sweat of both great bodies stuck on their skin, mixing with the aroma of the fresh flowers dotted to different areas of their room.

 

 

It was their third round, all the white liquid being planted to her womb and thanks God for inventing pills or else, she'll be pregnant by now.

 

 

He collapsed on the back of her delicate smallness, breathed some air before he rolled on his side. Both panting from the great they undeniably enjoyed, no doubt. His hand found its way to brush some tendrils sticking on her cheeks, tucking it behind her ears before confessing, mind somewhat chaotic. "I love you..."

 

 

They both closed their lids with each other's faces etched on their mind before rendering to a deep slumber. 

 

 

Conversely, Jiyong, who was passing the hallway accidentally heard their last cries before they both came that made him balled his fist while murmuring, "I think I'll be needing tons of cigarettes now." His head banged down, jaw suddenly clenched with despair, lips twitched.

 

 

Devastated, he just wanted to be gone, or Seunghyun. Either of them. Because now, existing in the same world wasn't possible, it was suffocating.

 

 

*

 

 

Breaking News:

A cargo ship suspecting of having smuggled goods burned on its rout to North America. Senator Choi is believed boarding on the ship and died together with a hundred crews and fifty other personal troops of the said well-known Korean politician of the South. Further investigation is still going on-

 

 

He pressed the off button, safely placing the remote on the glass table. "As expected," Tablo tugged the corner of his lips up while his sight was casted over the blonde guy who's eyes were gone missing with his huge grin, feeling conceited from all the credits he earned. "You deserve a toast!"

 

 

A handful of his team and Tablo raised the white wine up with the uproar of the celebration. It was half done and the remaining will be a piece of cake. Nodding, Daesung shyly smiled, eyes already gone in arch with his head bowing down. He was only three years in the industry and gaining this much complement he that he ever wanted meant so much more to him.

 

 

"I knew it, you're better than Dara." Another intimidating complement was made from Tablo, lips wetting in the process. "Waaaay better."

 

 

"The moment I saw you, I doubted first if you can really accomplish such missions," he continued. "Since Dara was doing great, that I think she can do all the missions the president needed to be done alone, fast and clean. Though, turned out failing when she met that younger brother of Seunghyun. Success isn't really just about looks."

 

 

"Are you implying I'm not handsome? Why would looks matter in achieving missions?" Eyes of the blonde hidden from his enormous bangs suddenly squinted, scrutinizing Tablo through the crevices of his tendrils, reading the spaces between the lines. "Huh? I didn't say that."

 

 

"But that's what it meant, right guys?" He opened his both palms, asking the mob to answer the ambiguity. And then, they dispersed, facing their back to Kang and pretended they never heard him asked. "Ha-ha, funny guys. Funny," he sarcastically hissed.

 

 

Giving up for someone to say how good looking he was (not just how great he was), he just shook his head, minding his own mission shoving deep on his head. "One down," he murmured, sipping on the flaming liquor down his throat. "And finally, Seunghyun..."

 

 

 

 

________________

A/N: And I hope you guys are still interested in this story. Haven't seen much comments when I updated chap 22.

Do you hate me for updating slow? Mianhe~

Please do support me. I'm hurting. Huhuhuhuhu. Sorryyyyyyyyyy~