15

Drop Dead Goddess

 

FIFTEEN

________________________

 

 

Handful of policemen and other investigators were crowding the small space of the condominium, each having their own duties and responsibilities to do. Jiyong wholeheartedly allowed the two to arrest him and closed his eyes before taking a deep breath. But that solemn moment turned different when he heard heavy footsteps outside that sounded like a marching band.

 

 

"I knew it." Jiyong mumbled after a tall good looking man in suit entered the main door with his two apprentices and an attorney. It was a puzzle for him how and who told him about this since the surveillance camera according to Dara was being recorded to the data base of Min Ho's. And Min Ho was obviously dead.

 

 

"Let go of him," his low voice crept the two policemen holding both Jiyong's arms that was about to put handcuffs on him. His voice also affected the other policemen and investigators to stop on their work. He was dead serious and his gaze seemed to have power to make them froze in time. The two in black suit behind him were holding Colt M1911A1 Caliber 45 and M3 Grease Gun Cartridge 45 ACP while the blonde one had a black case in his possession.

 

 

The men having a grasp on Jiyong had nothing to do but to slip their hands away from him. "But Mister Choi," one of them had the guts to speak but did not finish his sentence because he remembered his wife and three kids and he couldn't risk his dear life, knowing how powerful their family is. Seunghyun just darkly smirked as he cocked his head, still staring at the trembling man.

 

 

He gestured Kang to open and show what was inside the case and arrogantly offered the dirty money. "Take this. If you are not satisfied, just tell me your price," Seunghyun made a mocking face with the fact that money will surely sweep away those bastards because he knew if not all, most of policemen were like that.

 

 

The other man with good will and fear to God knew exactly this thing. And he wasn't fan of this deal because he had his principle straight. "We are not accepting bribery," he insisted while Seunghyun just grinned on him for the unexpected reaction of the other party.  "I see. How about this?" He swiftly grabbed Jaejoong's caliber 45, put the silencer like an expert  and stick the tip of the gun on the forehead of the police who messed with the wrong person. Seunghyun's heart was cold, hard and cruel that he could really pull the trigger if he wished to, merciless. The guy gulped and had goose bumps with the fast phase of things. "If you won't accept the money, I'll forcefully make you receive the bullet."

 

 

After the realization of the losing side of the policemen and investigators, they apologized to Seunghyun as if he was a God to be pleased. They really treasure their dear life and Seunghyun wasn't joking about killing one of their colleagues or even all of them.

 

 

They exited as fast as they could and what surprised them was the huge amount of men in black suit with fire arms aligning in the corridor that they were walking shakily in fear. As if they didn't train for situation like this. They were sure that they won't go home alive if they won't cooperate with Seunghyun.

 

 

"That was easy." Seunghyun walked through the bed room and took a peek on the cold dead man pitifully lying on the floor. He shook his head and caressed his temples with his temper starting to get high. He heaved a long irritated sigh before going back to where Daesung was standing. "Attorney Kang, give those bastards enough money so they shut their mouths. Contact General Park Yoochun and tell him to order the entire police force and investigators not to spill this on media."

 

 

Kang nodded endlessly, trying to sink everything Seunghyun was commanding, typing everything of it on his smart phone. "And tell him we'll have a coffee in Monday. I need to talk some business on him," Seunghyun added while his stare was still on the blonde bangs that was covering his small eyes. He really wondered how Supreme Court nowadays accepts blonde attorneys like him.

 

 

Seunghyun and the highest ranking general in South Korea, Yoo Chun are actually friends, formally. They had several businesses together, illegal and legal. That was the reason why underground societies and illegal works were still alive and weren't turn down. People of the south were truly happy about the service and protection that the general had given them. But, they didn't know what his true motives were and that was a great blessing for their mafia, Double Dragon (Ssang Yong Pa).

 

 

Jiyong's confusedly sauntered to his brother and uttered, "How did you know-" Seunghyun immediately snapped his attention to him as his black aura exploded with all the anger he was keeping since he heard the news about this situation. His tight fist landed on Jiyong's pretty face as his lip erupted with blood but Jiyong was strong enough to be able to control his balance and didn't fall on the floor.  

 

 

"Idiot!" The older one yelled with his loud whole low voice that echoed within the walls of the condominium unit. "You really aren't using your brain! Stupid! Where is your ing girlfriend? This is her condo right?" Seungyun breathed heavily and husky while glaring at Jiyong with great anger and disappointment.

 

 

"Hunt her and kill her, Jaejoong." He gave instruction to his apprentice as Jiyong retorted with what he heard. "She has nothing to do here! Besides, she is not living here." Seunghyun narrowed his eyes to Jiyong who was so worried about what Jaejoong might really do to her. "Do you think I'm moron like you? When did you have this condominium with pink wallpaper and girl stuff? Kang reported that you bought this condo this morning. You really are a headache." The low creepy voice had always been sending shivers not only to Kang but also to the two apprentices even if they had nothing to do and Jiyong was the one receiving all of Seunghyun's hatred.

 

 

"Father should not know about this, okay? Just fly tomorrow and do something worthy. Not that stupid skateboard and racing of crappy motorbike of yours." His voice cooled down a little, just a little before turning his head to his apprentices for. "Jaejoong, Changmin, clean this mess. Get the gun used and drive Min Ho down to the bridge above the lake at the Westside of this city. Then make it look like he lost break and fell on the water. And clean him, make sure not a single thumb mark of Jiyong will be left on him."

 

 

"Hyung," He croaked. "So you are calling me Hyung now? That was funny." He sarcastically said with his forever straight face. If he was just not that good looking, everyone will be afraid of him a hundred percent. But girls of course usually die for that y look of him and tried their best to seduce him even if they know that Seunghyun was not into dating since he was too business minded person. "Uh- please, don't hurt her. I'll go away silently, just please. I'll leave as you wish." He felt like he needed to beg even if that will hurt his pride that much. But when it comes to Dara, he’s willing to do everything.

 

 

"Wow, you are caring about other's life now? That’s nice thing to hear." His sarcasm leveled up and it was just evidence that they were definitely brothers. Both sarcastic in their own ways. "I love her." He confessed silently but that just made Seunghyun cracked a chuckle of disbelief. "That's more ridiculous. It's the most stupid thing I heard. Love doesn't exist in my world."

 

 

"Let's see. I'll be the first to laugh if I found out you are dating someone." Jiyong knew exactly how his brother feels. He was like that before, love wasn’t even a word for him. It was like an abstract theory that he didn’t get at all, but after meeting Dara, he changed a lot. Love definitely changes people.

 

 

"I can't believe those trashy words are coming from you. No doubt, talking to you is just a waste of time." Seunghyun just ran his palms over his face with the disappointment of having a nonsense conversation with Jiyong. "Attorney Kang, let's go." Seungyun commanded then pointed to the two before leaving, "Jaejoong and Changmin, fix this."

 

 

"Uh- Jaejoong," Jiyong called his attention as he bowed ninety degrees with full respect while Changmin moved forward to Min Ho and do what has been said by their boss. "Yes young master?" Jiyong chuckled with how Jaejoong showed his respect towards the handsome lad. He tapped his shoulder several times and grinned wide. "Dude, we are friends, so don't talk formally."

 

 

"Okay. This rascal. What really happened here? You really have a plan to cover up the murder? Tsk. Are you insane? I don't get it. You love her? That doesn't even make sense!" In a split second, Jaejoong changed his facial expression and expressed his affection to Jiyong by ruffling his hair. On the other hand, Jiyong rolled his eyes as if touching him converted him to a cold one. "You know how I hate it when people scold me or something. I really want to punch you now and wreck your bones."

 

 

"Nice, the bad guy Jiyong is back," Jaejoong smirked with the undeniable fact that he liked the harsh Jiyong rather than the soft head over heels one. He was just not used to see that side of him. "Anyway, I searched for her secretly because Kang seemed to be stupid and unreliable. I haven't seen even a single document about Dara. Where she was born, who are her parents, where did she graduated. I mean, do you really know her?" He was really suspicious towards her and do not trust Dara completely. It was not that he likes to barge in with Jiyong’s love life, he was just protecting him as a younger brother and his dedication to the Choi’s family was more than his life.

 

 

"I don't care about the past. I'll be leaving, you are annoying as ever." Jaejoong  slit his eyes and scanned him from head to toe, with the vagueness of this young man. "Where are you going? But, your flight is three hours from now..." Jiyong cut him and rested both of his palms on the older man’s shoulders, giving him a pat. "I'll find her. Just tell Seunghyun I left. I realized how hard headed I was before. And it shocked me when I realized that I'm trying to follow what my father said. What will I do to California? To watch women in swim suit rolling over the sun rays? This is final. I won't leave. But don't worry, I'll make sure that no one can see me until election. So pretend that I flew away."

 

 

Jiyong turned around but Jaejoong quickly grabbed his arm and uttered, "Wait, I want to apologize." He had his deep breath to take courage while Jiyong scratched the side of his head with his middle finger while raising a brow. "For what?"

 

 

"For the order of your brother. I need to do it-" In the flick of a second, Jiyong was able to grab his suit then pushed him against the cold hard wall that surely hurt Jaejoong’s back. He pressed him with all the anger and fuming dark brown orbs of Jiyong stitched together with Jaejoong eyes. He was surely ing mad after hearing those words that he seemed capable of doing such crime. Changmin walked towards them but had no choice but to watch how Jiyong merciless aura filled the whole air.

 

 

"I'm going to forget our friendship and I will kill you with my bare hands if something bad happen to her. Mark my words." Jaejoong raised his arms and grinned like an innocent kid while still looking at the hawk eyed young master. "I'm kidding, okay? Don't worry Jiyong, I'm on your side. I'll just kill someone and tell your brother that it was your girl. Are we okay now? Chinggu?"

 

 

*

 

 

She heaved a long sigh of tiredness for driving from Seoul to Busan before getting off her car. Time seemed to stop for a while as she stood in front of the lavish mansion in front of her. It was the product of all her blood and sweat and she should be proud of it. But, it wasn't the life she really wishes.

 

 

It was rather lonely. Money absolutely can’t buy happiness.

 

 

No one was there but her. The mansion was too huge for a just a single person to live. She even fired her maids and gardener, so basically, that house wasn't being taken good care for almost a year.

 

 

How she missed the small space of her condominium. Even if it was just her temporary home since she usually shift homes every mission, that unit seemed to be home for her. It wasn't the place really that made it feel like warm and cozy, it was because of the person she shared with it.

 

 

His soft sweet lips. His mind blowing kiss. His tight embrace that she can’t breathe sometimes. His tender warmth. His unique luxurious scent. Those still lingers even in here.

 

 

Jiyong...

 

 

She grew exhausted thinking about him and she bet that if she continued to care more about him, she’ll cry so she stepped inside the gate then opened the double doors and clapped her hands as the light automatically . "Another successful mission our ace!" Tablo welcomed her. Confetti jumped through the air but the neon colors seemed to be black and white to the gloomy girl. The next thing she heard was the popping of the cork from the wine as the uproar of the blissful people and loud banging music made her raise an eyebrow.

 

 

"What the hell are you doing in my house? I said I want a month of goddamn vacation!" She ranted like a kid with her fists clenched on both sides, shouted with her close eyes. But her bitter and ruthless attitudes didn't affect the happiness of her team, her boss, and other people which were unnecessary for Dara's life. Who won't celebrate after paying them a hundred million bucks for completing the mission?

 

 

She ran her palm over her face, "Fine. Have a good time. Just don't talk to me." She left the mob and dropped all of her stuff on her room as she threw herself beneath the sheets of the huge soft bed. The door opened wide as Dara groaned in irritation.

 

 

She grabbed Dara and trapped with her embrace. Dara pushed her hard but she had her arms tighter and her legs were also intertwined, wrapping her completely. "Bom, why didn't you tell me?" She exclaimed in high pitch that made Bom voluntarily let her go. Dara sat on her knees while giving the other one with deadly glare. Meanwhile, Bom just comfortably lied on her side with her arm bent, palms against her cheek. "Then this party won't be a surprise anymore. Let's go out! Don’t be a kill joy."

 

 

"Tss... I'm not in the mood" Dara raked her hair as she shook her head, unbelievably got annoyed with her best friend. "In fairness, your acting was good. How could you tremble like that? As if you are really innocent and scared? Hahahaha! You really cried a lot that night. You know, you look terribly ugly when you cry. Hahahaha!" Bom seemed to have full of energy and didn't mind even if Dara was really mad. Though, Dara didn't take her last comment seriously because she knew that she was perfect and gorgeous in her own way. She just knew that Bom was always like that and she was used to her teasing. But, the memory of Jiyong's worried voice and face sent shivers on her. "Well, Jiyong is gullible. He believed everything I said," she denied how guilty was her.  

 

 

"You're acting improved. Seriously. But, why did you kill him that fast, I mean, the schedule is next week actually. Why aren't you sticking to the plan?" Okay, the fact that she is Bom, Dara was expecting a lot of questions and comments from her. She just needed to answer those or even make white lies because if she’ll ignore her, Bom will surely be more annoying. "Well, I'm bored. Boss said we have to get together, to be back like the old days then after their executive meeting of Lee's imports, I should interrogate him first before killing him because I need to know the location of their different drug laboratories across the country since they had been changing the locations every once in a while. But seriously, I don't want to see Min Ho's face anymore."

 

 

"And what's in your head when you said Min Ho was going to you? That was hilarious lie." Bom shook her head while grinning like an idiot. "My mind was panicking, okay? I have to make an alibi in an instant that will make Jiyong believe in me. And please, I hate it when people grab my hair and pull it hard. Like duh, that was absurd. So, there I killed him." Bom out of the blue died laughing while holding her tummy that seemed to burst if she’ll continue to laugh. "You killed him because he pulled your hair? Are you kidding? HAHAHAHA!"

 

 

"Yeah. And I'm also bored, the plan has been laid for a year and all of it was, uhmmm, not challenging? I want adlibs, more actions, unplanned. That's how I work. I don't like scripted killings. That's no fun." She stood up and entered the huge wardrobe or walk in closet of hers. She picked a more comfortable outfit her gorgeousness wasn’t even took a step down even if she was completely make up free, hair into bun, and not too y lingerie. She came out and rummaged her baggage then opened her mac book. "And I know, Jiyong's from a wealthy and powerful family. Even if he took the blame, he won't be jailed, of course," she added.

 

 

"But Min Ho's from elite family too." Bom rolled over with her facing the other side of the room, her hand constantly touching the lamp that made it turn on and off. She was unquestionably bored. "I know, but Choi's family has the greater power between them. They are connected to the arm forces of Korea. They were even making deals from the North and other Asian countries. Even at western. That's why I'm itching to kill Seunghyun and his father. And the election is coming, I'm pretty sure that Seunghyun will do everything to protect his father's name. I can smell that he is planning to follow his steps."

 

 

Bom just nodded lifelessly with her cheeks puffing cutely. "And Jiyong? What's your plan for him?" Dara sauntered to the huge king sized bed and sat on the edge then rested the laptop on the sheets. "I don't know yet. It seems like he wasn't involve in those. He just owns a tiny tattoo and skateboard shop, I guess and he race sometimes. Though that was illegal racing, he was just a player and that was too small to be given attention."

 

 

"So, he already left to California?" She asked but her voice sounded like she wasn’t even interested in her possible answer. "I think so. But my tracker says he was still here. Actually here, uhmmm- he was at Seoul? What the hell? Maybe the tracker was wrong or something." Dara’s eyes squinted as she moved closer to the screen, doubting the data that was presented. "Yeah. The microchip usually fails when exposed to a strong magnetic field or strong electric current and it transmits wrong frequency and info. Our research team in Japan is working on a chip that can withstand those."

 

 

Bom all of a sudden bounced from her rest and crawled over her best friend, smiling from ear to ear, teeth were all showing. "Dee, I watched the footage. He really hard, huh?" Bom eyes glimmered in amusement as a curve was pulled on Dara's lovely lips. "Yeah," that was all she can say. Impossible might it seem, but she felt warm with the imagination of Jiyong hugging her from behind. Uggghhh… I miss him. She ranted on her head with the guilt of framing Jiyong. But she did it not to put Jiyong in harm, but to finish the mission and get rid of him at the same time. She was required to dismiss her feelings as soon as possible. Tablo was right, he was a big distraction for her.

 

 

"How was it? God, I want to experience that too. I mean, the stamina, his skills. He looks yummy. He also has massive co..." Dara unexpectedly felt that she was becoming Jiyong's number one fan with her boiling blood and hated the feeling of other girl adoring her as she rudely cut her sentence because she didn't want to hear the rest of it. "Are we really going to talk about that now?"

 

 

"It was just..." Bom sat too and tried to explain but no words came out to . Her eyes avoided dara as it shifted from left to right then decided to throw her face on the pillow and buried it deep. "Ughhhh! I want a boyfriend!" Bom shouted ire outburst with all her frustrations for being single. Dara yawned after hearing that rage a hundred times. She knew it already and it was already infuriating. "So go on a date, you are not an assassin after all." Bom hissed after hearing the mock, realizing she was idle bored sitting behind the screen, watching assassins to do their exciting job, having rough then killing. How fun is that, right? How she wished their position will change someday.

 

 

"Hey corn, I want to retire." She said monotonously and bit her lips. "Retire? Why? You are the best asset we've got." Dara could only roll her eyes. "Best asset? I can't think straight because of Jiyong. Can’t you see? I almost failed the mission because of his cheesy… romantic things... love… Whatever he called that. Just erase all my memory. Everything. Including Jiyong. Then I’ll think again if I’ll retire or not."

 

 

"You know that I can't do that. What has gotten into you?" Dara was really not on her sanity. Her mind was floating, sailing somewhere with all the sulking feeling of being incomplete. She was just wishing that she was living a normal life and not this complicated one. She felt like she was like a robot, her intelligence and skills being used by the authority to straighten the crooked society, they didn’t even mind her feelings. She wasn’t treated as a human, actually. “Nothing. Just tired. And sick. Can't I just use sniper gun and shoot all those ing mafia bastards. The president will give me a reward with that."

 

 

"You are being irrational again." The red head girl fixed her bangs and pushed her lips out. She then realized a thing with her face too engrossed as if a light bulb was drawn on her head with that crazy idea.  “Ohh, I get it Babe. You didn't expect that you fall for him too, did you?"

 

 

Dara had nothing to counter attack her because she certainly pointed the right thing and decided to screech instead. "Babe yourself! Shut up , I'll never fall to anyone!" She walked away with heavy feet, didn’t mind if she was just wearing a lingerie. "Okay, okay. Whatever you say," Bom chuckled because finally, she confirmed how she feels exactly.

 

 

*

 

 

She half emptied the box of her favorite chocolate flavored cigarette when she heard footsteps coming from behind. Though the soiree’s ear piercing sounds made it impossible to hear those, she was pretty sure who was coming. Dara's senses were so unusual and more sensitive than the normal. And that's one of the reasons why she was named as Ace by some.

 

 

"Park, you okay?" Daesung's concerned voice made Dara damn irritated. She hated him. She hated him for being good to her. She hated him for being his number one rival. He hated whenever he was helping her wholeheartedly. He hated everything about Daesung. She just can't stand him, and with this scenario, Daesung will be the last person she'll ask for a shoulder to lean on.

 

 

She inhaled all the demons on her cigar as she puffed all her frustrations and regrets. She glared at Daesung with her brow up high, making her look like the iest of the es."Do I look okay? Leave me alone, Kang." She rolled her eyes as she looked away, trying to save her temper.

 

 

She threw the cigarette and fished another stick that was soon smoked, her lungs were again contented with the delicious everything filling inside it. Dara pouted when he realized that Daesung wasn't doing what she was asking. The blonde just moved closer to her, sat on the dirty ground and picked a stone that he saw. He threw it hard, landing on the darkness of the unlighted part of the luscious colorful garden area. "Is it Jiyong?"

 

 

"No?" She answered unsure before rolling her eyes once more. All she could do was to close her eyes as memories of Jiyong haunted her. All those smiles were plastered on every corner of her head and it was really killing her, making her feel even worse. "Never." She lied that was so obvious in her voice.

 

 

Daesung just smiled while looking from afar, "Don't worry. He's okay." Their position was really awkward, one was standing angrily while the other was sitting on the ground peacefully. "I don't care. Mission complete. And that's all that matter." She scoffed as she heard the blonde mockingly chuckled.

 

 

"You know, you sounded like me two years ago. Minzy. I killed his father and I should kill her too. But of course I can't. I love her until today." She had habitual eye rolling as she crossed one of her arm just above her tummy and the other one was stretched down with the cigarette still on her hand. "That time, I pretended that I didn't give a damn. Probably, that was the biggest mistake I made. And now, I guess she still hates me so much." Daesung scratched the back of his head while Dara was still and enjoying the stick. She pretended that she wasn't listening but she can't deny that her heart can feel the ache he was feeling.

 

 

"This job really . You have to let go all of the important people in your life. We can't also fall in love since love is build by memories. And those memories are what they take from us after a successful mission. So I just keep everything to myself, I think I'm having a one sided love." He banged his head a little to make his bangs move aside that showed his eyes twinkling with regrets and sufferings.

 

 

It was really doubtful as she frown her brows and looked down at him, "How could you remember her? That's impossible." The last time she checked, every mission needs to be deleted. She can even barely remember how many bloods did her hands shuttered. All she knew was numerical count of the lives she killed. Around twenty, or maybe more? She just have the list of names but even how hard she tried to remember each of their faces, she only got nothing but a clean blank paper. 

 

 

"I cheated." He confessed mumbling, wasn't sure if he'll tell her the details, but he guess she needs to. "Cheated?" She heard herself echoed.

 

 

"I recorded everything I got. I collected all the records from the pen, surveillance cam and photos. I created a documentary of her and hid it somewhere. After the process, I live a normal life, I mean a normal assassin and planning seriously the next mission, not having any idea about her." He ran his tongue over his lips before continuing. "Then when I discovered it, I can't remember her but my heart recognizes her. Really, my head aches trying to turn back all of those. Of course even if they cleared that particular memory, your heart can't forget the feeling."

 

 

She shook her head with ambiguous thing he was saying before hitting her cigar. "You're such a ." The smoke was soon released through her red y lips and convinced herself that going inside with the crowd was much better than listening to this melodramatic guy. "Too much drama."

 

 

"You want me to do it for you?" Daesung offered as he pushed himself up and that made Dara stop walking away. She froze on her spot and snapped her head back to him. "Tss… Stop being nice to me. You are my rival."

 

 

"When did that happen? I thought we are friends. Oh, and boss mentioned I should look after you." He had a couple of steps towards her and gave her a friendly tap on the shoulder. "Just focus on your next mission, leave the Choi case to me." She grabbed his hand that was on her shoulder and immediately turned his muscled arm around and rested it on his back that caught Daesung off guard. "That will only happen if and only if I forget about that after erasing some of my memories. But I doubt that. So, kiss my . That won't happen." She whispered ily next to his ear before completely walking away.

 

 

He trailed her while making tantrums. "Yah! Sandara! I thought you have changed when you called me that night to save Jiyong!"

 

 

 

 

 

______________

A/N: Thanks for staying guys. I lost some subbies, maybe they were thinking that this is the same as the kdrama Innocent Man/Nice Guy story of Joongki. But, I say, this is completely different from that.

Btw, I love you all.

Sorry for a boring chap. The next will be cute. Sorry too, this is not proof read. I'm lazy, you know, hahaha.

 

Saw this somewhere. ^^

 

 

Goodnight.

:*