18

Drop Dead Goddess

 

EIGHTEEN
_____________________

 

 

Seven rounds.

 

 

Yes, they had seven rounds that night the moment they cuddled in bed and the rest of it was merely rough and hard . The clean sheet became a history of their unforgiving longing and yearning for each other. He was never been that aggressive but he had to, he needed to, he needed her. They lasted until the sun was already raised and fell asleep at around six thirty in the morning with both of their bodies drenched with sweat that mix with their cream liquids combined. The room was such a mess.

 

 

The air condition unit seemed to be set to highest as he felt chills hovering his body and exposed cheeks because he was lying on his stomach. He then stretched his arms and caressed the empty half of the bed as he groaned, "Baby..."

 

 

After several minutes, the same bed they made love with seemed to be bigger now when he realized he was all alone. He snapped his eyes wide as he roamed his dark orbs around concluding that there was no sign of her. He burrowed his face when he saw the sun already setting, he surely slept like a hibernating polar bear after that brutal fight of their es last night. He can almost feel that he was having a hangover with his head being heavy and his muscles being hyped from the action.

 

 

"! What time is it?" He grabbed his gold Rolex on the floor as it stated that it was already less ten minutes before five in the afternoon as he hurried to dress up, not minding how sticky his skin, how ruffled his hair, how stinky his breath was. He rushed to the doorknob as he saw a small pink cute note just two inches above it.

 

 

It's nice to see you again Jiyong, I enjoyed everything last night. I'm glad we meet again, but I hope it will be the last. Because you might regret it if you cross in my life again in the future.

 

 

"... How many times does she have to run away from me?" He mumbled to the ty note as he crumbled it and threw angrily on the floor.

 

 

*

 

 

"Are you ready now?" Tablo grabbed Dara's hand, one catching her palm while the other hand resting on the back of it. Dara's hand looked like being sandwiched by her boss who was staring at her deeply.

 

 

He knew for sure that this time, it was different. Dara's condition was different. He really felt sorry for her. But this was the rule, this was what written on the paper she signed before accepting the job.

 

 

Dara could only roll her eyes because she didn't want people feeling pity for her. Even though Tablo wasn't saying that, his eyes were expressing how he felt sorry for her. "Do I have a choice?" She pulled her hand from Tablo's grasp as people walked in and out of the room, setting up the device that she hated the most at that time.

 

 

"Jiyong will be a history." Bom passed by while eating her corn as if she was some sort of spirit that right after saying those words, she vanished from the room. What she said triggered her as she sat up and removed the blue and red circles stuck on her temples. "Wait. Can I talk to Kang for a minute?"

 

 

"Sure," Tablo approved and left the room as well. He moved to the observatory room where there were the technical people he needed to do the job.

 

 

She didn't hesitate to dial his digits using the telephone and after several rings, he did pick it up. "Can you do what you did with Minzy? Please. Jiyong is important to me. Please." Daesung on the other line just widened his smile because he already did the thing she was asking for before she even made the call. And even if she didn't ask, he'll still do it. "Of course, you can count on me. Don't worry."

 

 

"Thank you," this was the other thing she hated, she had to say her gratitude to Daesung but she can't do anything about it. Deep inside, she was grateful that Daeaung was treating her good even if she was totally cold towards him.

 

 

Dara prepared herself as the person in white inserted several tubes on her wrist, on her head and chest. The machine where she will be placed looked more of a tunnel. She will be soon enclosed inside the thick metal but she wasn't feeling any fear. She was definitely ready.

 

 

After the nurse checked her blood pressure and other stats, she approved her health for undergoing the operation where knives won't be used, only magnetic waves and electric current. "Let's get this started," she mumbled as she closed her eyes, making her fist turned to a ball as she murmured his name continuously while she was being moved inside.

 

 

Jiyong...

 

 

Jiyong...

 

 

Jiyong...

 

 

I don't want to forget you...

 

 

Sorry...

 

 

I love you...

 

 

The anesthesia and sleeping drugs started to have an effect on her as she became drowsy then fell asleep eventually. Jiyong's face was the last picture on her head before she completely drowned into darkness.

 

 

The machine started as it sent magnetic wave on her brain and tried to spot the memory where the name Lee Min Ho was registered. Everything connected to him shall be deleted, the projects, numbers, properties, information of the organization, database of the different operations, and even people. Unfortunately, Jiyong was one of them.

 

 

Their precious memories. It started on the first meeting, when they met on the intersection, their secret dates, the party where she was about to poison her target and she chose Jiyong over Min Ho, when they had , when Jiyong took the blame. Everything. Every time she's with Jiyong, thoughts of Min Ho will haunt her, thus those were still connected to him and must be erased.

 

 

Tablo was being called to the lab when they seemed to see a huge problem. Her brain was fighting against the electric current they were sending to kill the brain cells that triggers the memory containing Min Ho specifically where Jiyong was. They sent higher electric watts and intensified the magnetic wave to her brain as Dara's body started to tremble, her eyes rolled up in delirium and her heart beat was abnormally quick. The technicians and doctors were worried because this was dangerous and if she can't endure the high voltage, it might end her life. She might die.

 

 

"Continue, add another fifty." Tablo ordered as people shifted their sight to their boss wondering if he was joking or what because it was a serious situation for a person's life and death and he wished to make the voltage higher. Was he nuts?

 

 

They didn't have another option but to follow the order. Dara convulsed too much and when she was holding to her last breath, Tablo pressed the emergency button just in time that immediately stopped the operation. Everyone was dumbfounded when her heart stopped pumping blood and a green straight line drawn on the screen.

 

 

However, Tablo had so much belief on her and he knew that she'll make it. After exactly six seconds, her heart started to beat again as the team rejoiced and Tablo heaved a success sigh with a smile on his face, "As expected."

 

 

*

 

 

After the intense hour of clearing her memories, Dara seemed to be a different person, relaxed, refreshed. Tablo asked her to have her hair cut into short one that her long hazelnut locks were now gone. Her new image was a sophisticated high fashion girl with the job of being an editorial editor at ELLE magazine and a high paying model at the same time.

 

 

Jiyong was now long forgotten, without any memory left on her. But of course, love doesn't fade away that instant. She still felt the indescribable feeling towards someone, but the case is, she didn't know who he is. She just felt that there's a missing piece.

 

 

She took a long sigh when she saw Daesung making his way to the conference table as she rolled her eyes. Of course, she already forgotten the favors he did for her and being her rival was all she could feel towards him. Daesung on the other hand took a glimpse on her and made that stupid smile that his eyes were almost gone while she just shook her head in irritation.

 

 

The mission was given to everyone present as they discussed the next step and the important precautions since the next move will be a little complicated and over lapping. "Il Woo, interesting name." She evilly smirked as she studied his profile.

 

 

He was the number one smuggler of jewelries and luxurious cars within the whole country. They had several operations throughout the South East Asia and became one of the notorious leaders of the underground society. He also has the factory for cellular phones and that's just one of the properties he revealed publicly because those were legal.

 

 

Next week Friday night will be the target date set by Tablo. After Seunghyun obtained the explosive item on the auction, he will be leaving the country together with his two apprentices and his lawyer. Kang will secretly plant a bomb on the private jet and the reactor Seunghyun obtained will be snatched. The news should contain that the reactor was the cause of the disaster. A dummy will be set for it to play as the dead body of Daesung because for sure, he'll be hunted if they discovered that his body wasn't included in the line of the corpse. In less than five seconds before the scripted crashing, he must escape so he could save his precious life.

 

 

The fourth item which will be the blue diamond necklace that will be auctioned and Il Woo will surely insist to get it because the hidden code was imprinted at the pendant. It cannot be seen by the eye because it is microscopic in size and Dara has another mission to know what the code’s use was and why Il Woo was dying to get that item. After he got the necklace, the lure and kill tactic of Dara will be applied and the blue print of it will be discussed when they will be officially dating.

 

 

This should be performed exactly. No minute should be wasted or else, every bits of the plan won't work. This was one of the biggest event and it just happened that the two targets will gather in the same place and Dara seemed to let the Choi's case go to Daesung completely because she can't interfere that night and two missions will fail if she'd become greedy.

 

 

*

 

 

The large hall could fit a hundred people where the auction was being held. Huge chandeliers glimmering high above seemed to shine brighter together with the moonlight that was coming from heaven sent through the floor to ceiling glass window. The thick curtains were maroon with gold lining and tassel that complemented the color for a more extravagant look. The place was really gorgeous itself as it slowly filled by different underground societies leader and business man in the black market for the amazing pieces that will be soon auctioned.

 

 

Formal and classy was most likely the theme of the entire bunch of powerful and wealthy people gathered for the special occasion. Of course, men were being escorted by their trophy wives or some pretty mistresses. Some were coping up about the news about stocks, imports and exports, productions and the like while some were talking casually with glasses of wine on their grasp.

 

 

At the corner, Seunghyun was seen standing in good posture on his all black suit and dark shades together with his usual two apprentices and his attorney. This was the night for Daesung because it will be night that he needed to finish the life of Seunghyun.

 

 

The first two rare items had been sold as Seunghyun fought for the third one because it was a small reactor with the size of double A battery. He needed that thing since he will be dealing a partnership with the Arabs for the renewable energy that can generate and supply electricity. He offered four hundred million dollars for it and in the back of his mind, he knew that he'll earn a lot more than that when the partnership will be successful.

 

 

"Going once? Going twice?" The host tried to gather more bets but it seemed like others gave up. "Okay! So the nuclear reactor... is finally bought by Mister Choi Seunghyun for the price of four hundred million bucks."

 

 

"Now our last item. I'm sure ladies will love this. Please step forward." The host helped Dara walk extravagantly to the stage who was wearing the last item which was the intricate designed precious diamond necklace. Ladies started to produce a mumbling sound of bees because the jewelry was really a rare one. "The Hope Diamond or Le Bijou du Roi. This is 45.52 carat with 9.10 grams. The color is blue to the eye because of the huge number of traces of boron in the crystal structure, but exhibits a red phosphor under ultraviolet light. Considered as one of the oldest jewelry and most expensive that was once worn by Marie Antoinette, wife of King Louis XV, during seventeen hundreds. Pretty antic right?"

 

 

The overly twinkling jewelry wasn't the thing that attracted Seunghyun's eyes. It was actually the one wearing it. All of a sudden, his feet were paralyzed that didn't even dare to move. The black mini dress perfectly fit her and that short light brown hair just above her shoulders was making the jewelry look more expensive than it already was.

 

 

For the history, the cold hearted beast seemed to be star struck with the lady wearing a glorious smile. Though he saw a lot of pretty faces, the girl in front was different. Totally different. Seunghyun's perfectly curved lips lifted the corner of it, making him smirk. His eyes were mesmerized by her goddess beauty as Daesung noticed what was happening to Seunghyun and that was not a good thing. He needed to get Seunghyun out of the place immediately. "Let's go Young Master."

 

 

"Wait," Seunghyun enjoyed himself a little more. He watched how she tucked some hair to the back of her ears, how she bit her lower lip whenever there were new price offered, how she fiddled her red painted nails, how her sight shifted from place to place and how she exquisitely smile every now and then. She was perfect. She was one of a kind.

 

 

"Two hundred million dollars!" Il Woo was standing out from the people surrounding him because of his handsome face. Dara innocently grinned while her mind was saying Target sighted. The entire plan was moving smoothly as Dara could already smell victory without knowing that the other mission will be at risk just because of the thing she couldn't do something about, Seunghyun was obviously attracted to her.

 

 

"But, Boss... Our business is done here. We need to go..." Daesung on the other side of the room insisted but the good looking man didn't bother taking a glance at the pleading blonde lawyer. Instead, Seunghyun just folded his arms through his broad chest and asked while grinning, "Who is she?"

 

 

 

 

____________

A/N: Seunghyun's spotlight ^^

You can read more information about the Hope diamond here because it really exists and it’s just amazing so I included that here:

:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Diamond