21

Drop Dead Goddess

Time stopped literally for Jiyong when she reached for his hand as he once heard her angelic voice. "Are you okay?" Hell, he thought that he was just dreaming but her hand squeezing his was the most insane feeling he had for realizing that she was damn real and not an apparition.

 

 

Immediately, she was jailed with Jiyong's arms with its tightness for the longing. " you're real! You scared me to death! I thought I won't see you again." He buried his face on the crook of her neck as he inhaled her unique scent that he always felt heaven. "I miss you so much baby girl..."

 

 

"Uh- wait, I can't breathe..." She choked with her hand still frozen on either side as he continued to embrace her as if he was planning to break her rib cage apart. All she could sniff was the smell of hard liquor lingering on Jiyong's skin and cigarette smoke stuck on his hair. Before even Dara dies for the lack of air, Jiyong let go of her and cupped her cheeks only for Dara to be left speechless without any clue what was happening. "Dara baby, I miss you! Please, don't run away again. Don't leave me. Please."

 

 

He called me Dara? Dara was my past name. He knows me? She thought.

 

 

Of course, lying was her ultimate best friend as she made an awkward smile while she felt a strange quick beating somewhere inside her chest. It felt so strange. "Uh- you got the wrong girl." With that, Jiyong's hands automatically slipped off her face and wore a confused one, "Huh?"

 

 

"I think you're under the influence of alcohol. I'm not Dara." She elegantly uttered as if she was the most formal and the most expensive girl in Korea. Mocking might it sound, Jiyong laugh his off while covering his mouth with the back of his hand conversely the other was on his tummy because she was really damn funny.

 

 

After the laughter had vanished, he swept some tears on the corner of his eyes before he enveloped his hands to one of Dara's small delicate ones. "Dara, what the hell again are you saying? You already said that before at Busan. When I chased you on the street, you said you're not Dara. You can't use the same line over and over again."

 

 

Because she didn't know what the guy in her front was saying, she immediately removed her hand from his grasp and had a step backward while having a grimace. Conversely, he reached the top of her head and tousled her sepia strands. "Baby, you're so cute." Damn, Jiyong could just adore her weirdness and obvious lies.

 

 

Just after he ruffled her hair, Seunghyun came on the scene and when he saw his brother, he immediately dropped the diamond necklace on the pocket inside his suit before calling his attention to acknowledge his presence. "Jiyong."

 

 

He's Jiyong? Her eyes widened in disbelief as her head became heavier and she felt that her heart was totally protesting inside as if it wanted to escape her chest. All she could do was to froze from where she was standing and stare on the perfect human being which was called as Jiyong.

 

 

"You're drunk again? Still wasting your life?" Seunghyun conceitedly asked. Well in fact, it wasn't a question at all because it was a statement that he wanted to convey how ty Jiyong's life is. "Sandy, sorry for this," quick as ever, he held her hand and laced onto it only for her to even get stiffier if that's even possible.

 

 

"Sandy? Hahahahaha. You're kidding me right? She's the Sandy you're talking about?" Jiyong couldn't believe the infidelities he just heard for the fact that she was the Dara he was also defending against Seunghyun and his father's injustice judgments.

 

 

"Okay I'll introduce you formally to my brother. Jiyong this is Sandy, my girlfriend and Sandy, this is my half-brother Jiyong."

 

 

"Unbelievable," he softly mumbled while slightly shaking his head as his gaze didn't took off from her gorgeous face. A smirk soon followed as he reached for the back of his head and scratched on it.

 

 

Silence filled the area as awkwardness barged in. If not because of the servants who brought the foods, the three would be just standing there forever.

 

 

Oblivious, Jiyong immediately pulled a chair in front where Dara was sittinmg earlier. "I'm gonna dine with you guys." Seunghyun felt a little annoyed nonetheless, he let him be. He just hoped that he won't say anything stupid at all. He walked towards one of the servants and commanded, "Uh- please bring another set of plate here and clean the broken glass on the floor."

 

 

With the ex-love birds sitting face to face, Jiyong had his arrogant smirk while giving her intense glare that all she could do was to blush and fiddle with her fingers under the table. "So this is how you want to play? Okay, let's play and see how fun it will be."

 

 

Dara looked down as she collected herself and made sure she was not losing her poise even if words coming out from Jiyong’s mouth were piercing through her heart and she couldn't comprehend why she was acting nervous under his brown orbs. "This will be entertaining." Jiyong finally commented before Seunghyun slump hiss to the chair next to Dara.

 

 

"So you're Sandy? The girl that my brother is fighting for and the reason why Seunghyun was scolded by Mr. Choi? Wonderful." The overrated dinner for them came which consists of three main menu and a dozen of side dishes which all look mouthwatering. Jiyong was endlessly putting spicy sauce on the roasted chicken while he continued scrutinizing Dara. "What's your work by the way?"

 

 

Tortured. That's what Dara felt all along. "Editor in chief of a fashion magazine. And sometimes, I'm modeling for extra income." She mumbled as Seunghyun held Dara's trembling hand before they shared a sweet stare when their eyes met halfway.

 

 

Jiyong chewed on his lower lip and tried to control his temper. Instead of stabbing Seunghyun's chest endlessly for being an , he just faked a huge grin as if he was happy about the new couple acting silly in front of him. "Nice work. It suits you. Just feel at home because the senior monster isn't here. Oh, but don't worry about the junior on your side. He's weak harmless."

 

 

"Jiyong, stop talking nonsense!" Seunghyun's jaw clenched as his blood boiled for being insensitive of Jiyong. Well, he could not blame him for getting the girl he loved dearly. Seunghyun just shrugged his anger and held her face with his huge palm, his thumb caressing her face. "If you're not comfortable here, I can send you home."

 

 

The younger lad had his mouth hanged open as he tried his best to look away just to save his heart for committing suicide. More than hell to see his girl being touched by the guy he abhorred for all of his life. He made small chuckles for himself that even if his tears were trying to escape, he just fisted his hand and arrogantly cocked his head. "Let her be here. Don't worry, I'll leave in no time. I just need to get some clothes and will probably stay at Sol's place."

 

 

What did he do to suffer and to be punished like this? All he did was gave her the love she deserved but what happened? She just turned her back to him and get together with Seunghyun? How ridiculous was that?

 

 

After he was done consuming his meal, he swiped any possible sauce from his face and stood up lazily. "Nice to meet you," he stretched his arm and asked for a quick hand shake.

 

 

Though the hand contact lasted for only a couple of second, she felt the electric shock being transferred from him to her as she felt the tingling sensation and hard pounding of her heart once more. All she did was to held her breath and pursed her lips while Jiyong on the other hand just gave her his sweetest smile to cover how painful it was to see her like this, "See you again... Sandy."

 

 

*

 

 

On the small shop, Jiyong was uneasy as he walked around while his mind was off to somewhere. Tired and dizzy, he sat on the stool and asked the man who was busy painting a girl's skin. "Sol, do you still remember Krung?"

 

 

His small eyes were still focused on her back as his magical hands drew roses with thorns with a twist showing heartbreak and torment. "Uh- yeah, why?" He didn't mind glancing at Jiyong as he made his finishing touch for the tattoo to look more real.

 

 

"There you go. Do you like it miss Suzy?" His smile made his eyes disappeared as the girl looked at her new body tattoo at the mirror while she was holding her hair up. "I love it! Cool!" Another satisfied customer.

 

 

"Thank you Yong Bae," her charm was all over as Sol was left grinning like a fool. "Bye Jiyong." She even waved her hand to Jiyong who just made a plain boring smirk. "How much again?" Those were the last words being heard to the lovely lady before making an exit from the shop.

 

 

"Sorry but I hid the truth." Jiyong had the guts to utter after a long string of silence. He stood up in front of Sol who was on his phone, fidgeting it with his Sudoku. "I know where she was. And you've been with her before. But now, I don't know... It seems like karma had its way to hurt me."

 

 

"What do you mean?" Sol responded only to continue what he was playing as if giving Jiyong that damn attention was so hard. Well, it was the last level and he was trying his best to finish the set with the given time of sixty seconds.

 

 

All that was heard was Jiyong's loud exhale, disappointed not because of Sol. But because of himself, being a traitor to his own best buddy. "Remember Miss Park? She's... Krung." After hearing the name of his childhood love, seconds were wasted as the game ended that resulted to losing, he had a hard grasp on his phone while his head was still down and his sight was on the ground. Trying to find answer why Jiyong did that from his chaotic mind. "How could you... Tss... This is absurd."

 

 

The guy in bandana stood, hastily walked, passing him and Seungri who was on the counter while computing the taxes they needed to pay. He grabbed the skateboard resting against the wall beside the glass door as he vanished in no time. "Sol! Wait!" Jiyong couldn't do anything but ran his palm on his face afterwards.

 

 

"Is hulk crying?" He suddenly felt Seungri's hand slightly squeezing his shoulder as he snapped his head on him. "You're not calling him hyung again."

 

 

Seungri smiled adorable enough for Jiyong not to get mad or to make him ease the tension a little from what he smelled was fight. "Okay, okay... But, what happened?"

 

 

"I thought my rival was only Sol. Turned out I'm competing with Seunghyun too." Jiyong walked away from him, sitting on the couch where customers usually wait for their turn. And lucky for them, Wednesday wasn't a peak day for losing Sol in the moment and Suzy was the last customer they had for the day.

 

 

Seungri followed, curiosity at its finest. "Dara?" The older man just nodded with his face still covered with worries. "And?"

 

 

Jiyong parted his legs, elbows soon rested on his knees as he slammed his face against his palms. For a moment, Seungri felt how serious the situation was. "Dara and Krung... They are just the same person."

 

 

After hearing his voice that was just above whisper, Seungri's lips formed an 'O' with his eyes rounded as well. "The ex of Min Ho that you snatched from him? That gorgeous Dara?"

 

 

"Ahh... That's why you asked me not to tell him about Dara when you were still dating her because she's the childhood sweetheart of Sol hyung.." He finally understood the issue. "Actually, that girl is a mystery. After she had Minho, he died. Good thing you didn't die too after you parted ways."

 

 

He smirked, reminiscing the day he almost had his life behind bars. "You don't have any idea."

 

 

"So, how's Seunghyun became part of the love triangle, I mean... Square? Now that it seems you three want her. Don't tell me she's Seunghyun's girl now after Minho and you? Looks like a real gold digger."

 

 

The tattoos inked on his arms stretched a little for the sudden tightening of his muscles for the snide comment. "Don't say things like that!" Just a few more bars to boil his blood, Seungri was able to apologize. "Sorry, I thought you hate her now."

 

 

But of course he can't hit his dongsaeng, his ever loved maknae. So he just let go of the thought of punching his good looking face and just stared at him. "That will never happen. Never."

 

 

After some awkward silence since the younger one didn't know how to react, Jiyong spoke up again but orbs never meeting Seungri's. "I'm just confused why she said she's not Dara. Her name now is Sandy. Her hair changed and the way she speaks and the way she dress. Like a brand new her. She changed a lot. Even her face, it became fiercer but more elegant. I can't forget how she acts that night after we've been to Jo Kwon's party. That night I saw her in our dining table. So different from the Dara I used to know."

 

 

"Maybe... You're just imagining things. It's obvious hyung, they are complete different person. You confirmed it yourself that she's different from the old Dara. Maybe she only has some resemblance with your ex. Just move on hyung. It's not healthy to be tied with your past. I know how you feel. Been there, done that. And the fact that you're drunk that night? Maybe they just look similar or what."

 

 

"No, I'm not that idiot. I know it was her." Jiyong protested. Why is everyone saying the things he doesn't want to hear? Sure, he's drunk that night but... Changing hair, dress and everything else won't fool his heart. Because that moment his eyes landed on her, he immediately knew who she was. His heart knew it after all.

 

 

"Fine. But whatever it is, I hope you'll fix your problem first with Sol hyung." The panda gave him a friendly hug before patting his back, gaining a half smile from Jiyong as he pushed him for being too touchy.

 

 

*

 

 

Once he got home, he noticed their mansion was filled with... Er- roses? Different hues of roses splattered all over the place. The horror creepy home of theirs was turned to a garden, or more of a jungle. He wasn't sure if he'll be happy or disgusted with the changes.

 

 

Roses. Dara hates roses. He minded.

 

 

"I'm pretty sure she dislikes roses," he uttered to himself, knotted his brows before finding Jaejoong outside Seunghyun's room - a corner away from his. "Jaejoong, is Dara here?"

 

 

The man in suit narrowed his eyes, tried to comprehend what Jiyong asked. "Dara?" As far as he knew, Dara was gone after the tragic death of Minho. Maybe she's traumatized or something and afraid that she will be put to jail. "I mean, Sandy." The smaller guy cleared.

 

 

"Yes. She's inside Young Master's room."

 

 

"What are they doing?"

 

 

"Dunno." He shrugged his shoulder before handsomely raking his hair, laying his fingers against his suit before sweeping off some invisible dust. Showing his disinterest about the two.

 

 

Jiyong on the other hand leaned closer and lowered his voice so that Changmin on standing adjacent to them won't hear him, "You saw Dara before right? Dara and Sandy are the same person."

 

 

Hearing those, he wore a straight face, examined Jiyong if it was a joke or something else. Before he could even hold himself, he broke out laughing hard as the other apprentice ceased his forehead, analyzing what was Jaejoong giddying about. "Hahahahaha! What? They're different, so much different. They only look similar but they're complete different person. I understand that you still love Dara, but... You just have to move on. That's life."

 

 

The lad rolled his eyes before shaking his head, for being senseless infidel of the other person. "I can't believe you also fall for her trap."

 

 

He took a tired sigh before he moved a step, reached for the knob as he tried tried to twist but eventually failed in opening since it was locked. "Uh- wait!" Changmin held his arm, not that tight but forceful enough for Jiyong to glare on him. "What?"

 

 

The tension between the two was cut by the ear drum spitting kind of half moan, half yell of what they assumed was from a girl. Jaejoong coolly scratched the back of his head, signaling Changmin to remove his grasp on Jiyong who was currently having a bad temper before mumbling something Jiyong wasn't happy to hear. "They don't want to be disturbed. I think they're... you know. Doing stuff that couples do."

 

 

Jiyong became even angrier if that was still possible, blood rushing through his veins as his fist crumpled down, his nails digging his palms. "Damn!"

 

 

 

______________________

A/N: Sorry for the long wait and sorry for trolling. ^^

Have a nice day though. :D

Applers, fighting!

 

Comments?

Talk to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh: @VIPotato :3