19

Drop Dead Goddess

 

NINETEEN

_________________________

 

 

 

Daesung’s throat was now dried out as if drought had come and even his own saliva didn’t do anything good. His gaze was locked with the girl in front for about handful of seconds before shirting to Seunghyun who was waiting for his answer.  "I don't have idea Young Master," Daesung lied as he simply glanced at his silver wristwatch and swallowed the bulge on his throat. How on earth Dara's still the reason for another failure of mission? Though technically, she doesn't have any sin on that case since Dara wasn't doing anything. It's not her fault that she's deadly gorgeous.

 

 

"Three hundred fifty million," Seunghyun raised his hand as people's attention was drawn to him, snapping all their heads to the tall handsome man in dark suit. "Oh God. Wow! Its like Mister Choi is a hoarder." The host commented that wowed everyone with his wealth and capability of giving out huge amount of money. The elites started to produce another buzzing sound as some ladies had their fallen off by just gazing at his perfection. "So... Anyone who can bet higher?" The host asked one after another with a smile painted on his lips. "No one?"

 

 

"Four hundred million dollars!" Il Woo challenged Seunghyun who soon removed his shades, dumbfounded when he heard him bet again. "No, make it five hundred million," Il Woo will surely pay how much it takes just for him to get what he needed. "Woah! Are you serious? Looks like our model here can sell the item higher than I expected." Even the host was amazed with the continuous unexpected turned out of events.

 

 

Close the bet. Close the bet. Close the bet. Dara was chanting in her head endlessly.

 

 

"Eight hundred million," Seunghyun smirked and gazed to his rival, Il Woo. Well, Seunghyun didn't really want the item, he was just boastful and at the same time, he wanted to impress Dara but he didn't realize he was doing the other thing.

 

 

I'm doomed.

 

 

Dara gulped down as hard as she could as she felt everything failing and she can already see her head chopped and hung on their secret laboratory by Tablo. How in hell Daesung didn’t drag Seunghyun out of this auction after he purchased the thing he needed?

 

 

"You can have it." Il Woo mouthed to Seunghyun whose ego grew into from a simple birthday balloon to a hot air one.

 

 

"Anyone who can give more?" The host went from side to side of the mini stage while Seunghyun had his triumph grin when no one was interested to make a higher bet. "Going once! Going twice? So this Hope Diamond will be going to Mister Choi again!"

 

 

"Nice choice." The host greeted the new owner as Dara was not giving any damn attention to Seunghyun. Instead, she was still eyeing Il Woo, hoping that she will have another chance to talk to him and shower him with her charm but Il Woo turned his back together with his handful men.

 

 

Il Woo! . Don't leave.

 

 

Dara's mind was crumbling down as she bit her lips in frustration and out of the blue, she ran away from the stage. However, Seunghyun who was on her way grabbed her arm. "Hey," he lowly mumbled.

 

 

"What?" Dara frowned hesitating whether she'll punch Seunghyun in the face or she'll kick his balls because Il Woo was freaking moving out. "You're gonna run away with what I bought." He calmly stated as he laid his gentle smile that Daesung almost choke his own saliva when he witnessed the smile.

 

 

"Uh- sorry. Here," she immediately unlocked it and removed from the necklace. "I just need to..."

 

 

"Put a little show here for that stubborn one and get the diamond," Il Woo who was about to exit the grand hall ordered his apprentice and forwarded the instruction to a sniper hiding somewhere behind one of the slits on the intricate mythology inspired designed pillar. "Arasso," the sniper confirmed the target. He prepared his gun and put the professionally put the suppressor, positioned himself coolly. He was aiming for the man with the necklace on his hand and had his final smirk before pulling the trigger.

 

 

With her alert senses and remarkable clear vision, she spotted the sniper right before he shoot him. "Look out!" She grabbed Seunghyun's shoulders and turned him around so she'll be the one to receive the bullet. Swiftly, Dara was able to save Seunghyun but she was the one to suffer the consequences as she felt her blood was oozing on the back of her shoulder.

 

 

"Oh God," Seunghyun caught Dara in his arms when she was about to fall. People around went wild as they dispersed before even their lives will be at stake. The host also abandoned his microphone as Seunghyun's men surrounded the two just in case another shot will be granted.

 

 

"Miss," he panicked while he rested her on the carpeted floor, caressing her face or let's say slapping her lightly for her to put herself together back. Dara was losing her thoughts slowly and everything faded into black. "Miss!" Seunghyun shook her shoulders as her blood painted the carpet as well as his trembling hands. "Jaejoong! Get the car ready, we'll bring her to the hospital!" He scooped her on his arms and rushed to the nearest exit.

 

 

*

 

 

"Awwww," she yelped in pain as soon as she opened her eyes. She saw the blinding bright light as she squinted in the process. She felt a little dizzy as she tried her best to sit from the white sheet bed. Looking around, she concluded that she was on a hospital. The white curtain was being blown by the wind from the outside and the sun indicated that it was already late in the afternoon. She touched her head as tubes restricted her in doing so. The dextrose pierced on her veins was soon removed as the device beside her started to produce annoying continuous beeps.

 

 

The blonde one rushed inside as he grabbed her before she almost fall into floor. "Dara, what are you doing?" He helped her got up and tucked her back on the bed. Nurses soon came as they fixed the needles that supposed to be inserted on her. "Kang," she called him after all the other people left the room.

 

 

He reached for her hair and caressed it while she just gave him a smile as a response, she was still not back on her senses. Daesung soon held her free hand as they gazed to each other. "Dara, you're messing everything again. You should have listened to me, I told you to leave the Choi. He should have been dead by now and-"

 

 

Daesung didn’t bother finishing his sentence and startled a little when the door swung. "Oh, she's awake?" His low voice vibrated on the room as Daesung froze in his place. "Leave us for now," he added that made Daesung took a deep sigh since he can't do anything to protest. "Yes Young Master."

 

 

"Hi," she showcased a sweet smile as she caressed her left arm that was casted and mummified with bandages. For the first time, Seunghyun's heart fluttered with just a single smile as he suppressed his feelings and still wore a straight face. "What's your name?"

 

 

"Sandy," she used her new alias as she felt her cheeks grew into flamingo color before she bit her lower lip. "Nice name. I'm Seunghyun," he offered his hand before he realized that she couldn't make a handshake since her left arm as bandaged while the other one was full of tubes connected to her.

 

 

He pulled a stool beside the bed and sat comfortably with his legs crossed. "This will be the first, I don't know how to say this but, thank you..." He soon frowned as he looked awkward and avoided her eyes. His sight went afar as he felt that his heart was making unfamiliar beating. "No problem."

 

 

"You risked your life for me. Do you know me?" He asked with his usual skeptic mind since he was really careful in meeting new people and haven't forgot the warning Park Yoo Choon had given him. "Uh- the buyer of the jewelry I'm wearing?" She sarcastically answered as Seunghyun's brow went all the way up high. "Do you know my father?"

 

 

"Not really, is he somehow famous or what? I'm sorry but- I really... Don't know you. I just took the modeling job without knowing that I’ll wear an expensive jewelry. I swear, I was shocked with the bets." Her acting skills definitely improved with matching scratching on her head as if she was really confused. "I thought you are after my money."

 

 

"What? Do you think I’m a gold digger?" She tilted her head and gazed at the good looking boy. Gosh, he really looks like one of those idols on television and swore, his lips was really kissable. "Girls before approach me usually because I'm ri- Never mind. By the way, I'll take care of the hospital bill and I hope to see you again tomorrow." Seunghyun said without any breaks.

 

 

"No, I think you are a busy person. I could take care of myself," she insisted as she fixed her posture and raked his hair. She then her lips before biting the lower one. Which Seunghyun was keenly watching her and another unfamiliar sound of his heart was produced. He concluded that she was indeed pretty and... She's interesting. "I think... I like you." He was really straigh forward and didn't bother thinking first before spilling his words.

 

 

"Huh? What was that again?" Dara widened her already huge eyes together with hung open. "What?" Daesung also blurted out outside the room when he heard the confession of his master from the live recorder pen that was hidden under Dara's pillow. Of course, he'll surely listen to their conversation and he was just hoping that Seunghyun was just concern but it turned out he really likes her. Which obviously a bad news.

 

 

"You're not deaf, aren't you? I don't like repeating what I said." His temper had risen as he wore another straight face indicating how he hates people asking for a pardon. But Dara which has bad temper too, rolled her eyes while shaking her head in annoyance. She snapped her deadly glare at him as her voice rose to a higher decibel. "You said you like me then you're talking to me like that? I was just confused because you just confessed without warning then now you’re angry! Tss..."

 

 

Seunghyun was displeased to himself when realization hits him. "Oh, . Did I screw up? God, I can't handle this kind of- okay, I'll leave. I'll be back tomorrow, most probably. Bye." He's really bad at this kind of things that's why his relationship with a girl usually lasts for only a week or even a night. Yes, he had exes and obviously not gay as what Jiyong was accusing him. He just can't deal with women that he considered different kind of species.

 

 

After his ridiculous confession and his bad anger management, he ran his palm over his face and stood up, turned his back and left the room eventually. Daesung who was standing still outside bowed low before giving Seunghyun information. "Young Master, Jiyong has returned to the mansion."

 

 

*

 

 

"Dara, Dara, Dara. Job well done." Tablo sarcastically congratulate her with his fake wide smile, showing almost all of his teeth and clapping slowly. He then sat at the edge of the bed and placed the basket full of mixed fruits that was prepared by her wife to the side table. "I didn't do anything. It's Kang's fault." Dara helped herself to sit as she stared at the cast on her arm and Daesung's smiling face was what she saw on the whiteness of the bandages.

 

 

Her sight shifted to from her arm to her boss. Tablo was looking at her with his serious facial expression, eyes glaring and his lips pursed, he's totally not amused. "What?" Dara rolled her eyes before she hysterically reacted. "I swear! Cross my heart hope to die! You can review the surveillance camera if you want. Why do you always blame me?"

 

 

"Because I know how much you’re itching to get the Choi's case. And the fact that Seunghyun is a good looking guy and one of the notorious young lords nowadays." Tablo said enough to prove his ignorance. He was assuming too much that led Dara to sound y. "Nice. When did you start making idealistic nonsense? And Seunghyun wasn't the only handsome young lord of the underground. Duh?"

 

 

"I know you," he teased and pocked the side of her waist that she jerked up and hurt herself afterwards. She’s not ticklish but Tablo’s force was full of strength that she yelped in pain and kicked him on his well build bicep. "Yah! Don't touch me! You gross old man."

 

 

"I told you, I'm only forty!" That was so him, getting angry and defensive and it comes to his age. He was appointed by the president to lead their secret undercover organization because he was just appropriate for it, he was capable of leading, he was intelligent (though sometimes, he was too cocky and mislead to some sort of idiotic conclusions), he also outstand military training.

 

 

Dara rolled her eyes and felt pity for him and mockingly smiled, "Still old for me." With that, he was just defeated and took a banana, peeled it, fed himself whole. He turned the television on and just in time, they watched the Olympics soccer game where their team was playing against Japan. While chewing, he snapped his head to Dara who was engrossed on the show. "Fine. Just have yourself healed and get out of Seunghyun's life. I'm afraid that you might meet his bro-" he immediately pursed his lips before he even blurted Jiyong’s name.

 

 

Luckily, Dara’s attention was still on the game and didn’t even mind her boss. "Yes!" She shouted when their team scored with the needles and tubes attached to the back of her hand almost wrecked. "Pardon? Sorry I didn't hear you." She gave him the attention that she should have given a little earlier.

 

 

"Never mind. I'll be going. And eat all of the fruits I brought. You're too thin." He ruffled her hair before throwing the banana peel to the trash at the corner of the room as if he was doing a free throw. She then flipped her hair and pouted. "At least I'm pretty!"

 

 

*

 

 

Seunghyun didn't know how knocking at the door works and that's what society calls manners as he arrogantly barged into Jiyong's room. He was playing his favorite black Gibson guitar with his amplifier turned to the loudest possible volume. The room was almost shattering from the vibration he was producing as Seunghyun disturbed him. "So, you're here again."

 

 

Jiyong terminated what he was doing before flatly answering him, his tone was definitely saying that he's not interested to talk with his brother. "Yeah, obviously," he put his self back on track as he glided his fingers that danced plucking together with the strings.

 

 

The older one moved closer to him as he unplugged the amplifier from the outlet before he burst into anger. "Listen to me. What do you want? Really? Aren't you satisfied for the trouble you caused? And your girlfriend, where is she? I guess she hid herself amazingly, huh? What's her name again? Dara? Wait until I find her, you know what I can do."

 

 

All he could do was to shake his head and picked the wire from the floor and plugged it back. He kneeled down and tried to mix the sounds, treble, bass and whatnots before mumbling. "I'll be glad if you look for her since she ran away from me again. Inform me if you found her. And I'll be thankful for that. "

 

 

"What?" Seunghyun mocked him with his low chuckles that was obviously pure sarcasm. "You claimed her murder case then she ran away from you? Now tell me about that thing you seemed to be professional in doing so. What was that? Love? Or perhaps, stupidity?"

 

 

"People usually condemn what they do not understand." Jiyong shook his head and gave him arrogant smirk. "Watch your back bro, you might not realize you had already fallen harder than I did." Jiyong added before totally ignoring Seunghyun completely and closed himself to the rock music that he eventually played.

 

 

 

 

 

________________

A/N: Tablo is only 32 in real life, I think. He's born 1980. I just made him too old here. lol. :p