13

Drop Dead Goddess

 

THIRTEEN

_________________

 

 

 

To: Dara

From: Baby

 

Rat, can you help me prepare a surprise dinner date? That will be tonight at eight. You know that I'll be leaving tomorrow. He said that I can't come back here until I'm not getting a decent degree. And besides, I don't want to ruin my dad's name. Election is coming. So... Call me back and let's settle what I can give you as a reward.

 

 

*

 

 

"Baby? Tss... Baby your face! You change your name in my phone again." She hauled as her thumb searched for the options bar and called the sender. It took only two or three rings until Jiyong blissfully answered, making a half smile, "Babe? Miss me already? I said I’ll be back at eight in the evening."

 

 

"You're leaving? I thought you promised that you'll stay by my sid- Ugghhhhh... Never mind." She rolled her eyes with loathe of what she said, hearing herself that she sounded like a nagging girlfriend or worst, she was like a pitiful angry girlfriend questioning a promise that was made.

 

 

Well, promises are meant to be broken. She thought.

 

 

"What are you talking about?" He caressed his side burn and wondered how the hell she found out that he'll be leaving. He was sure that he wasn't able to tell her about that matter before. He was planning to give her a goodbye tonight at the dinner. "You sent me a message that I assume I'm the least person that you might wanna read that. That date you're planning won't be a surprise anymore."

 

 

Jiyong hit his head, realizing the biggest mistake that he made. "," he regretfully mumbled as his palm unconsciously ran through his face with his senseless idiocracy. "I hate you!" She exclaimed with her voice reaching the highest decibel then she ended the call, turned the device off and buried it under the piles of pillows.

 

 

"Uh- babe? Wait! I'll explain! Babe? Hello?" He tried to save the conversation but he was too late. Of course, she'll get angry but one thing, he didn't understand why she was suddenly affected and full of hatred when in fact she was cold and didn't mind anything that Jiyong was doing. Of course, four years will be a long run but he expected that she'll just ignore him or if he was lucky enough, she'll wait for him.  

 

 

He rapidly hovered over the sent messages, only to confirm that he really did a mistake. Even himself, he can't believe it since Seungri's name was saved as is, Dara as Goddess. How the hell did he pressed Goddess when in fact it was a long list of contacts before Seungri. The last time he checked, G and S are not adjacent to each other in the alphabet. "Aishht! Stupid phone!"

 

 

He tried to reach her again but the operator was the one who answered saying that her phone was unattended in the moment. He just leaned his forehead on the pale white wall as he closed his eyes, slightly banging his head and ranting strings of curses for himself and for the phone. He realized that his stupidity on that day was at its finest. Really.

 

 

Moreover, Dara was like a withering rose, petals falling off, bright color changed to rotting brown, she's nothing but a lifeless flower. She was just flabbergasted with the news. How could he leave that soon? If she just knew it a week before, for sure, she'll treasure the days left with them.

 

 

But she was just selfish on her own way, if the situation will be analyzed and examined. She considered Jiyong as a toy, as someone who she can let go of her stressful assassination plans. She knew that someday, she'll left Jiyong hanging. That someday, she'll forget about all this crazy roller coaster ride of emotions with him. But at the same time, she just felt the weird necessity of his presence and she was really disturbed with the idea of leaving.

 

 

On the other hand, Jiyong has his own reasons. First, he was leaving because of his dad. His capital D.A.D. And everything Jiyong does reflect on his father's image. Though they had a hard time introducing him as a family member to the whole world of judgmental people, Mr. Choi bravely faced the intriguing media about the son of his late mistress. But surprisingly, people still love the ever dedicated man.

 

 

Mr. Choi proved how deserving he was on his position, how generous his heart was, how passionate he was to uplift the poor and even they were that filthy rich, he was just bound to earth, humble. Those are what people see and of course the bad ones were not publicized. All of those good images, Jiyong won't let himself ruin those.

 

 

Yes. Jiyong was bully, cold, tyrannical, sadist, jerk, and a million more negative adjectives that can be described to him but he has this baggage that he was secretly carrying all his life. For the past twenty one years of his life, he's been always behind the shadow of his father. He wasn't even treated right by his half brother and never really experienced being loved from the immediate family. He neither considered himself as Choi nor son of his dad.

 

 

He felt that he doesn't belong here. He doesn't belong to the Choi's. And what was consuming him was, he needs to prove that he was one. Isn't that absurd? You have to prove yourself that you deserve to be your father's son?

 

 

Meanwhile, Dara's absent mind was spanked with the annoying sound of the doorbell. "Oh? He's already here? I thought he is at mall. Jiyong said he'll be here at eight." She minimized the opened windows and saw that it was just quarter to six.

 

 

She even checked the tracker as it confirmed Jiyong was really at the mall. The sudden threat of what she saw on the screen was the man he wasn't planning to see that time, "Min Ho?"

 

 

*

 

 

He finally packed his things on his gray Sakun backpack with several huge vandals on it made by some of his skater friends that he already missed. It has been a month since he played at the old central park. Amazingly, everything he needed miraculously fit all inside his bag, his clothes, accessories, psp laptop, everything essential for him. The huge traveling bag from Young Bae that was lying on the side of his wardrobe was not even used nor touched.

 

 

Checking the important papers and the passport, he heaved a long lonely sigh mixed with frustrations. He looked around his room as he unwillingly smirked. He ran his fingers through the strings of his four electric and two acoustic guitars as he reminisced how the crowd went wild when they stood on that small stage during high school days.

 

 

The decks of the skateboard hanging on the wall have always been his treasure. He had 15 of the limited edition of his favorite brand that he abusively used with chips and cracks on the sides. One of it was already in half but still, he kept it because it was a gift from his best friend. Yes of course, Young Bae and Jiyong shared similar interests and so their hearts.

 

 

Jiyong blankly stared at those skate boards like a blind man, without blinking. He soon laid himself down on the dark blue royal carpet on his own mini living room corner at his room. His eyes were wide open looking straight at the huge dirty white ceiling. Her face was flashing through the vast space as if he was watching a slide show of Dara and that made him shook his head with all the bizarre shivers that was embracing him.

 

 

He was not really emotional but he felt that his heart was somewhat being crashed and he felt like leaving was not a good idea. He sat on the carpeted floor, his one hand on his side with all his weight stressed on it while the other one ran through his hair.

 

 

He then glanced at the huge portrait of her mother resting above the couch of his mini living room. Though he was looking at it, Dara's face was hitting his head again and again as if his mom's face was never registering on his brain. All he saw was Dara and it actually annoyed him this time. "Get off my head," he murmured flatly.

 

 

No. He can't lose his game. But, how can he win if he can't help himself losing in the first place? How can he win if his heart was the one willing to be defeated? Was he insane or something?

 

 

He cleared his head and convinced himself that maybe, she was different. That maybe, losing her was just something he can't even think of. That maybe, that crazy little love thing was the one he was into.

 

 

Love? Really?

 

 

He grasped his hair and pulled it until he felt that he can't handle the pain anymore then scratched it hard as if all his hair will fall off. He didn't know if he was frustrated or what but he was sure that his feelings were silly confused.

 

 

Finally, he made his way out of his room together with his backpack because his head was just making delusional stupid idea and he was just afraid to confirm that it was really love that was taking his sanity. He hated even the word itself. It disgusted him.

 

 

He walked through the long staircase and when he had his last step, his brother got into his way. "Where do you think you are going? Stay here. I know what you are thinking. You'll run away." The low voice crept Jiyong's every muscle as Seunghyun crossed his arms through his chest. "That’s none of your business," he arrogantly retorted as he walked out, hitting his shoulder lightly.

 

 

Seunghyun grabbed his arm as his deathly gaze met Jiyong's, making him rolled his eyes that were full of irritation. "What now Seunghyun? I'll be leaving abroad tomorrow, so let me go. I'll just do anything I want tonight. Just for tonight. Okay?" He mockingly tapped the back of his brother's hand and continued to walk away.

 

 

"You don't belong in this family," the older one stated on his cold usual tone. Jiyong's jaw clenched with his fists shaking in great rage, he was rooted on his place as he gathered all the patience left inside and took an annoyed sigh.

 

 

He looked back at Seunghyun and made a fake big grin. "I know that a long time ago. You've said that a thousand times. Or maybe trillion. You really have a memory problem, hyung. That's why I took the surname of my mother rather than yours. Oh, and don't worry, I don't have intentions to ask for dad's wealth. I don't care if in his last will, not a single penny will be left for me."

 

 

Jiyong was about to move away when his mind suddenly flinched with a good idea and had his ultimate knock out goodbye to his brother. "But for today, I'll use the credit card and buy plenty of expensive stuff, so...  Annyeong brother!"

 

 

*

 

 

While glancing at the well-known exquisite jewelry shop, the vibration coming from his pocket was immediately stopped with his fast hand. Right after placing it next to his ear, Seungri shouted in excitement. "Hyung where are you?!"

 

 

"Tsk. Lower your voice, rat. You will be the number one reason if I turn deaf." Jiyong annoyingly shifted the phone from his right ear to his left and fiddled the ear that was apparently hurt. "I'm at the mall, how's the violinist and the lights on the rooftop. Are they all set?" He scratched his head with the use of his middle finger and hesitantly asked about what's bothering him the most.  "And... what kind of ring do girls prefer?"

 

 

Seungri's lips curved with a delight, his hyung was really smitten. The moment he asked about her name, he was pretty sure that Dara was somehow special to Jiyong. "Anything with diamonds. Don't worry about the dinner. The tables and decorations are all set. Complete with roses and candles. The food will surely be awesome since I asked your family's chef for this.” Seungri paused and continued with green fluids running across his face. “I also asked him to add clams since I think it’s a natural aphrodisiac."

 

 

"Tss..." He shook his head with Seungri’s ridiculousness, but deep inside he was glad with what he heard. Aphrodisiac. Hmmm... Better . "...but I think she hates roses. Find something else." Jiyong changed the topic when he remembered how Dara's face turned sour that day he gave her bouquets of roses. "Sure hyung, but don't forget our deal. Huh?"

 

 

Jiyong hung up without responding to his dongsaeng and just entered the shop that every girl loves. "Oh, Mister Kwon." A girl in mid-twenties immediately recognized him and greeted with her smile plastered on her face since she knew that his father was the land lord of where she was standing. Basically, the Choi royalty owns the mall.

 

 

She suddenly blushed when Jiyong his dried lips, slowly enough for her knees to become weak, with his sight stuck on the glass compartment containing several expensive rings.

 

 

"How much is this?" He asked with his attention on the silver one, with a huge diamond in the middle and small ones that was hardly seen, intricately embedded beside the huge one, her trembling hands got the item he was asking and respectfully gave it to him.

 

 

"Fo- Fo… Four..." She whispered with her eyes not breaking its gaze at his lovely face. "Huh? Four? Four what?" His brows met with his forehead forming wrinkles. He surely hated when he was talking to someone who was absentminded and was confusing in the process.

 

 

"Miss, excuse me? Hello?" He waved his hand right next to her face. She was surely star struck. He was like a celebrity, or like an idol. She learned that newspaper can make a person ugly on the photos printed on the pages. Jiyong was a proof about that because he was ing perfect in real life.

 

 

This was the first time ever she saw a perfect human being. He was so gorgeous even if he was a guy. Those lovely lashes made his eyes looked more feminine with that deep dark brown pupils which dilate whenever he was amused, those lips were truly kissable that when it gets apart, she just want to slid your tongue inside, and speaking of the tongue, it was pinkish small that he usually stick out. His cheekbones were slightly lifted but his cheeks was always blanch, pale, as if he was some sort of robot that doesn't know the different kinds of emotion. Or maybe she was just not his type so Jiyong didn't have to put an effort for that.

 

 

His moped hair was mix of blue and pink that seemed like cotton candy which every strand was a mess, falling on different directions. But it was good on him, well, any hair will look best with that type of face. Those piercings and earrings pinning through his ears miraculously suited him too, making an unusual appeal towards anybody and his all over appearance seemed intimidating. He was just too flawless.

 

 

Though. It was just his eyes, he seemed lonely and gloomy even how hard he tried to smile. Some things just can't be disguised. She judged him as a stoic one.

 

 

"450,000 dollars," she looked down to reticent with him while murmuring with her cheeks still in flamingo after memorizing his damn hot face. He fished his black credit card from his thick black leather wallet from his behind. Of course, he needed to pay. Even if they own this place, business is still business.

 

 

"Here," he handed the black card as he fiddled with the ring, feeling the diamond with his thumb. He was surely happy and contented with it. Of course, she will like it. No, she will surely love it.

 

 

The small cute girl named Sohee had a second thought before giving the card back. She had enough guts and this was her chance. She wasn't sure if this will happen again. Obviously, she had a crush on him. "You are so handsome in person. Can... Can I have a photo with you?"

 

 

He lifted his head as their gaze was intensified, inducing adrenaline rush through her veins that pumped her heart so fast, making her face as bright as red. He grabbed the card and placed it safely back to his wallet then his insulting grin widened before making a cruelly laugh at her. "Sorry, but I'm allergic to camera."

 

 

*

 

 

Before heading the parking lot, he tried to put the ring on his left finger while practicing on how he will put this on to Dara. "Holy ing moron! It fits me. Aish! Her hand is smaller than mine." He frowned and had another face palm for his another stupidity.

 

 

He was sure his IQ was extremely higher than the usual but this day was just full of damn . "Amazing." He sarcastically hissed as he turned his back and decided to head back from where he brought the ring. "I think I have to buy another."

 

 

On his way while he was praying a long list of curses to himself and to the bull that was happening to him, a familiar voice called his attention. "Jiyong? Jiyong! Ji!" He snapped his head to where the calling was coming from.

 

 

He was suddenly startled because, holy heavens, she looked better than before. From a decent school girl look, timid, pathetic, plain girl, she was now blonde with those thick make up that surprisingly made her look somewhat bad .

 

 

She was on her high waist shorts that apparently were too short for her which showcased her magnificent legs that boys will surely drool over it. Her cardigan, boots and all the accessories were totally cool for his eyes and he knew that those were branded, granting that Jiyong has some knowledge about fashion.

 

 

She sauntered at the stunned guy and hugged him tight, "What are you doing here? I miss you ppa. I heard you are not dating anyone now." She smirked as Jiyong immediately turned his amused face to serious one but he was too late since she knew exactly how her looks can make guys speechless.

 

 

However, even if she changed her image from good to bad one, he must avoid her with his own made up rule, no talking back to Exes. For him, once thrown, she'll be nothing but a trash for the rest of her life. But who cares? One night stand won't hurt right? 

 

 

"Who said that?" He raised his brow as she slipped herself away from the cold one. She tucked some hair to the back of her ears and seductively bit her lower lip, misunderstanding the situation and she thought that he was still not getting over her, "I just heard from whispers on the school. Of course, it won't be Miss Park right? I know you like younger or same age with you."

 

 

Jiyong just smirked and nodded, trying to mock her. She was really assuming and that made him pity her more. But he was not the old Jiyong anymore. Did she think Jiyong will be back to her arms? Dream on. He didn't know what spell Dara casted on him, but all he knew was he wanted to be loyal to her. Jiyong suddenly remembered her hand was almost same size with him. "Can I see your hand?"

 

 

"Huh? Uh- sure." She was caught off guard as Jiyong placed it prettily to her middle finger. He pouted with disbelief while her heart was so speechless that her head was panicking if he really put a ring on her. ". It really fits you." So this means it doesn't fit her. He thought and shut his eyes while heaving a sigh of another frustration. "Tsk. I need to buy again," Jiyong said to himself that was silent enough for her not to hear those.

 

 

With her fluffy heart, celebrating for a non existing affection she assumed, she claimed his lips as the bystanders' jaw dropped with her kiss that was so deep with her arms hovering above his shoulders. He did not respond with his eyes watching how Chaerin was expressing all her love towards him.

 

 

She moved her body closer to him as her tongue traveled from the side of his lips to the other, then on his lower lip. She surely did miss him but all she got was nothing. Though Jiyong had a little , of course he was a guy too but he knew that Dara won't be happy if he'll give in to that alluring kiss.

 

 

He strongly removed her tight arms around him after a minute one sided kiss and shook his head then accidentally looked through her and saw Young Bae staring at them from a distant. His best friend sauntered towards where they were but Jiyong rushed, he flew away with the regrets of talking to her and for Sol seeing that. He left the two dumbfounded.

 

 

Sol accidentally saw the ring she was wearing but shrugged the thought of Jiyong giving it to her, since he was not that romantic type of guy. "Wait! Jiyong!" She yelped while Sol scratched his head, he was thinking if they were back together or what. Jiyong was really acting weird these past few weeks. And it seemed like he was talking more to Seungri than to him, that was really bothering Sol.

 

 

"I'll keep my promise with this ring. I'll hold on to you till the very end..." She laid her lips on the ring as Sol's confused face became even more abstract and unreadable. "What the hell is happening Chae?" He asked her with his so nasal voice of innocence combined with being clueless.

 

 

In the intervening time, Jiyong rushed to second floor where he bought the ring and quickly approached Sohee while his breathing almost breaking his ribs with that harsh up and down motion of his chest. He was not running away with Chaerin actually. In fact he was avoiding Young Bae who happened to have childhood love affair with his girl. And the fact also that he saw them kissing. He just wanted to steer clear of all his questions, intrigues and whatnot.

 

 

"Let me see your hand." He commanded while resting his hand on her shoulder that made her unsteadily shaking. Was she dreaming? She was on the cloud nine. Even if his palm and her shoulder were separated with the thick uniform she was wearing, she can still fill the electricity that was already killing her.

 

 

He held her frozen hand and noticed the similarity. "Jeez. I think you have same size with Dara. Do you have the smaller size of what I bought earlier." She just nodded with her mind floating above the skies, she then took out the smaller one. "Can you fit that?" She willingly wore the ring as he handed her the credit card once more. "Perfect. I'll buy that." She wore a blank face while asking him with her small voice. "Seriously Sir?"

 

 

He narrowed his eyes and challenged her with a staring game. "Do I look like joking?" She shook her head with the fear in her eyes. She must have messed with the wrong person. But he was not on the mood to retort and just scratched his head again but this time, using his forefinger. "The ring I bought earlier is too big so..."

 

 

She cocked her head and explained, "But Sir, we allow return of products if there's damage and exchange if it was just a problem in size." Jiyong's mouth popped open as if he was trying to catch a fly. He bit his nails and discovered another stupidity he just made.  "Ohhh, jinja? Aishh..."

 

 

*

 

 

Jiyong felt the tension and nervousness consuming his whole heart while walking through her condo's living room with all those flickering lights. He was just hoping and praying that she was okay, that she was safe, that nothing bad happened to her. "Baby?" He once more called with his voice almost cracking out as his legs shivered upon entering her room.

 

 

Even if it was dim on that bedroom, the bright moon was showering some of its glitters through the glass window and the stuttering light from the living room helped his vision.

 

 

Then...

 

 

There was his precious girl, unpostured sitting on the floor with her back leaning against the wall, head looking down, hair totally messed as if someone dragged her while gripping on it, lips pale with a small hint of blood oozing on the side of it, legs and arms mercilessly bruised with cuts and scrapes, her oversized shirt was almost ripped with huge map of stain of reddish all over it, and a gun lying next to her.

 

 

"D-dara?" He was emotionless for several seconds until it hit him hard, right on his chest. A sudden sound of a small metal hitting the hard floor echoed. The ring he bought bounced twice before rolling near her bare feet, making round motions and then completely lied flat with the diamonds leisurely glimmering on his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

__________________

A/N:  

Sorry if I updated later than what I said. My daragon heart was just at stake because of kiko's presence during GD’s con. -__- I know, I'm childish, but... You can't blame me right? Hahaha. My nyongdal heart is fragile. So mianhe... TT___TT

But I promise. The next chapter will be... Ughhh... I'm not a spoiler. Hahaha. So... Yeah... I just wanna say thank you guys for reading and subscribing. My heart is getting bigger especially when I'm reading all the positive comments. I also appreciate negative ones. Kekeke~

Banner credits to  foreverdaragon for the cute banner.  ^^

 

BTW, I'm so frustrated that PHILIPPINES is not yet included in GD's world tour. Heol. -___-

 

Bye. Off to Mars!   (っ-●益●)っ ,︵‿