22

Drop Dead Goddess

"Chae?" His baritone voice captured the pin up haired y girl who was currently wandering around the receiving area of the mansion while she was still processing how come there's a sudden change in the interior design of the whole Choi's residence. It was only seven in the morning and having a very important guest for being the daughter of their partner company that early was something strange for Seunghyun. "Oh, oppa. Anyeong!" She curved her cat eyes as she bowed down cheerfully.

 

 

"Uh- what are you doing here? Did Mister Lee send you?" He was somehow surprise as he finally reached her for a hug (which looks more formal even how much Seunghyun tried to be casual). "Aniyo. I'm waiting for Jiyong." She mentioned while still enclosed inside his arms.

 

 

"Oh, I see. I thought your father sent you for business. Uhmm, are you two dating again?" He finally freed her as he plastered a grin bracketed by his dimples on his cheeks while she mirrored what he did. "Yeah. I think so."

 

 

"So they're really over..." He mouthed which was only above whisper while nodding, not giving Chaerin a chance to understand a word he said. "Pardon?"

 

 

Seunghyun immediately shook his head with his both hands waving in front of her face.  "Uh- Never mind. I just said I'm hungry. Uh- wait here." His orbs shifted from her to the door heading to dining area as his gorgeousness was soon vanished. The moment he returned, he was already with an exquisite stunning lady in her formal beige dress paired with velvet flats. "By the way," he paused as Chaerin's lips curled while gazing at the intertwined fingers of theirs. "Chaerin, this is Sandy. My girlfriend. And Sandy this is Chaerin, son of one of our partners and family friend."

 

 

Her smile grew bigger as she showcased an overwhelmed happiness grin. "Waaaaaah!!! You have a girlfriend oppa? For real?" Dara on the other hand had her cheeks dusted with soft pink as she bowed towards this young girl with an edgy look.

 

 

The tall man didn't answer her question, instead he just ruffled Chaerin's blonde hair with his free hand that made her annoyingly pout in response. Hell duh? She spent an hour or two just to make her hair do and he just tousled it like he didn't care about the hardship she had done to achieve such look.

 

 

"Baby! Let's go?" A nasal voice suddenly barged into the atmosphere as he stretched his arm over her shoulder with her hand reaching for his dangling one.

 

 

Baby? BABYYY? She felt her heart suddenly lost its strength to live as she felt being killed just by a single word a thousand times.

 

 

The taller man could not decipher what the hell was happening knowing his brother, Jiyong didn't ever go back to his exes. Once done is done. On the other hand, Dara's eyes were already adhered on the two young couple as she tightened the grip on his lover's hand.

 

 

"Where are you going?" The deep voice was once again in the scene. "We'll just buy things for beach camp." He stated though his sight was darted to Dara who was now looking away in hope that she could still revive her heart, so she could live once more.

 

 

"Oppa, want to come? It's summer. School is over and well, congratulation to us we are now in our last year and we both passed all our subjects. We'll be having trip to Sokcho Beach. I bet you know that wonderful beach in Gangwon-do Province. You should take a rest from your work. We'll leave tomorrow ten in the morning." She cheerfully grinned before wrapping her both arms on Jiyong's small frame.

 

 

Chuckling, Seunghyun's humorous face once more glued onto him. It was strange to see him smiling or grinning and hearing hin chuckle was more rather weird. Well, maybe because of the girl he was madly in love with. "I'm no longer a college whatsoever. I'm too old for that."

 

 

"Yeah, come and join us." The younger brother lazily commented, sounded insincere and monotonous while the blonde girl jumped a little in excitement. "Double date!"

 

 

Can this stupid blonde girl evaporate now? Uggghhh. Dara couldn't tame her temper as she tried thinking about cats flying somewhere to cool her nerves down.

 

 

"Chaerin, I still have much paperwork to be done-" he mentioned though he was rapidly cut by his cute little brother. "Sandy needs a vacation too. A week or two in hospital surely . She needs fresh air, right Sandy?"

 

 

Hearing her name coming from the one she weirdly felt something she could not comprehend, she heard a loud smashing sound of her heart as it rapidly beat against her wish. "Uh- neh." That was the best she could say that time.

 

 

"Do you really want to go honey?" Out of the blue, Seunghyun's voice became very, very sweet as his lips curled into a smile. "S-sure..." She awkwardly smiled back as their eyes met. Seunghyun's now melting on her gaze, seeing himself on her eyes was the most narcissist yet heartwarming sight he'd ever seen. "Okay. I'll just ask Kang to cover every meeting tomorrow I need to attend today."

 

 

"Seunghyun, it will not be an entire day. It will be three days. Whole three days." He spoke in order for the two to break their stupid gazing game of theirs as Seunghyun had his second thought, realizing that there were so many proposals to be reviewed before he could sign and handful of meetings about the shipments and expansion. "I think I can't come if it will be that long."

 

 

"Three days? Long? Tss... I thought you can work precisely even if you're away since... Well... Actually Attorney Kang almost do your entire work. All you need is to sign whatever Kang asks you to. Or... Are you afraid that Mr. Choi will find this out?" He mocked while wearing a half smile, his bottom lip being bitten by his pearly whites.

 

"Of course not, I just have many things to-" his orbs shifted form the teasing man to the lovely Sandy he was so obsessed about as he assumed that she was somehow disappointed, where in fact, she was wishing that they won't go together with them because she could not take seeing the two anymore. "Okay, fine. For you."

 

 

Oh God, why does Seunghyun has to be this idiot. She face-palmed herself in her head as she faked a pleased smile. He soon reached for Dara's both delicate hands and enveloped it with his larger ones. His lips planted a soft kiss on her forehead while gently mumbling. "If this is what you want..."

 

 

She soon lifted her face only to find Seunghyun's lips as they had a swift brushing of their lips that was soon ended because of Chaerin's screeching sound. "Nosebleed~ Kyaaaa~"

 

 

Nonetheless, another being was so disgusted for witnessing such overflowing affection of the two, or if it was what he wanted to believe. Since it was so obvious that he was not really disgusted, he was more of... jealous right now as he murmured a curse through his teeth. " you."

 

 

*

 

 

"." She rolled on her bed, body still wrapped with the thin layers of her pink sheets with her hands stretched up and a phone on her hand, stuck on the same screen for an hour showcasing the calendar of the month. She gazed at her empty ceiling, waiting for a cancellation of the camp or a call from Seunghyun saying he'll be busy or what.

 

 

Another thought of her boss made her even more confused as the voice of him replayed in her mind like a broken cassette tape .

 

 

"The diamond necklace?"

 

 

"We're delayed because of you."

 

 

"Il Woo's moving in the new location by next week."

 

 

"You should find out the code as soon as possible."

 

 

"Kang is currently on action to stop the expansion."

 

 

"Lure Seunghyun for a moment after Kang is done with the termination."

 

 

"Pets are not allowed in the meeting!!! Bring Dadoong out!!!"

 

 

She could even hear him cursing in her head over and over again as she felt stress finally made its way to drain all her energy. "..." She lazily groaned.

 

 

"Is everything okay Dee?" Bom, who was setting up her brand new surveillance camera device as small as a gum that Tablo was asking for her to bring tomorrow was suddenly alarmed with what Dara was acting for the whole night and it was freaking midnight already. "Mollaaaaaaa~"

 

 

The red head just shook her head and assumed that Dara was just like one of those nights when she will suddenly act strange or crazy for the sake of nothingness as she continued building the device with the harsh light of two luminous white light spotting the small chip that will act as transmitter of the live videos it will record to the screen of Tablo's monitor.

 

 

She was so serious with what she was doing until she heard her best friend asked something she didn't expect. "Do you happen to know who is Jiyong and what was he in my life?" The skinnier girl unwrapped herself from the blanket and pushed herself to slouch against the head board as she threw the phone at the end of the bed..

 

 

"Uh- nope." She lied.

 

 

"I don't understand why I'm feeling like this. I mean, seeing him with another girl surely and it hurts to see them acting cute in front of me. Ugggghhhh. I hate that Chae- what was her name again?" Dara stared at the blank wall consisting of nothing but an analogue clock hanging in there. She narrowed her eyes and after some few moments, she remembered the name as if Seunghyun whispered next to her ears. "Uh yah, Chaerin!"

 

 

"You're imagining things. I don't remember anyone with the name of Jiyong that you encountered before. All I know is Jiyong's the half-brother of Seunghyun that Daesung is currently working on. Maybe you just have a crush on him or what since he's hot. And you're feeling a little... Envy?" She smirked with her eyes trying to tease the oh-so-innocent-looking-face of Dara.

 

 

On that same time, the short haired girl just pouted, making her cheeks expand because of the air inside as her head and heart were clashing in a great misunderstanding of things. "But... The first time I saw him, he hugged me so tight and said I was Dara. I think he knows me! And I think I know him too."

 

 

Bom pursed her lips and continued on her assignment, not minding the complaint she was hearing. "Do you think it will be a good idea if we still join the get away? That double date? I mean..." She didn't stop talking even though no one was listening to her anymore as she paused for a while. "Bommie, I'm going crazy. Eotteoke?"

 

 

All she could do was to roll her eyes as rested the screw driver as well as the pliers on the table she was working on, then faced Dara with her hands doing some relaxation from stretching it away from her. "You need a sleep. A good eight hours of sleep. And you mentioned you'll be on the trip right? I'll ask Kang to set this tiny thingy on Jiyong's room as well. I'll make you hot milk so you can sleep now."

 

 

"Thanks Bommie, you're the sweetest." She casted a pure smile after flattering the read head.  "Oh, and the recorder pen. Don't leave it anywhere. Like earlier, you left it here." She reminded before moving her off Dara's room. (Since she had decided to have a sleep over to her best friend's new apartment for a while and take care of her own gift to Dara, Dadoong, for she will be gone this coming three consecutive days)

 

 

The small kitten, only a month old was peacefully sleeping above the couch as Bom caressed the animal which was in need of a warm touch before she headed to the kitchen and pulled her phone out of her short's front pocket. She tilted her head up to see if Dara was still on the room as she silently reported. "Boss, we have to move quickly. This mess is getting bigger."

 

 

*

 

 

Conversely that night after they bought almost everything in the grocery store, he sent Chaerin home with his holy big bike and lastly checking the shop. It was already passed eleven and the two was busy packing things up with Young Bae rearranging the tools and inks on the respective places while Seungri was too consumed counting money on the counter which he won't notice the entrance of Jiyong if it hadn't because of the bell chimes.

 

 

Right after the bell chimes vibrated together, producing an unorganized melody of dos and res. He went straight to the room where tattooing is done most of the time to check whether his best friend was there or if he was already home since closing time is ten in the evening.

 

 

Luckily, he was there as the cold eerie of the cold air from the air conditioner showered them when the mohawked guy turned around only for him to see Jiyong's puppy eyes. He really wanted to fix the lament of their friendship because first of all, they were best buds, second, they're working and owning the same shop and lastly, he was his skate buddy. And living a life without Young Bae was practically hard for him, though, he can't really hand Dara to him that easy. "Sol, can we talk and fix thi-"

 

 

He swiftly moved his body like a wind, passing by the sulky guy. "I'm going home. Bye Ri." Sol patted the maknae's back as the man with black circles on his eyes blinked twice before the one talking vanished soon.

 

 

Seungri put the money down to the safe before writing the total earn of the day, graphite smoothly gliding against the lined paper before his sight followed the man sauntering in front of him and soon slumped his tired body against the couch where their customers usually wait.

 

 

"Don't worry hyung. Just make up with what you did. You're best friends right?" He tried to comfort the man as he locked the safe under the counter and walked towards Jiyong, joined him on the velvet couch and crossed his legs.

 

 

Jiyong parted his both legs as his elbows rested on those. "Yeah, but an like me don't deserve a friend as good as Young Bae." His head slowly turned down, colliding it with his palms. For a moment, silence consumed the night, Seungri heaving a long sigh for the trouble his hyungs were undergoing while Jiyong was still fighting with his chaotic mind.

 

 

"So what are you planning now?" The younger finally broke the ice and squeezed Jiyong's shoulder while he was still having his head down, "Molla."

 

 

"Did you already tell Sol hyung that Dara is now in relationship with Seunghyun hyung?" His hands was still hooding his shoulder as Jiyong let out a long exhausted sigh before facing his favorite dongsaeng and stretched his lips to a thin line. "Not yet."

 

 

"You really are afraid for the two to meet, aren't you?" The panda really knew what's going on the mind of his beloved older friend that he even treat him as an older brother. Actually, he looked up at him and idolized him that much to the point that he can give his life to him.  "Yeah, I need to get her back first. And if Sol will be included in the scene, it will be harder to snatch her."

 

 

"But?" Seungri's brows furrowed, this wasn't the Jiyong he used to know. He thought he can read the older's mind, but... It turned out there's a side of him that he wasn't familiar with. Selfishness. Though, maybe, just maybe, he has his reasons why he was thinking that way.

 

 

"What? A wife can be snatched right from its husband grip." Jiyong smirked, showing the devilish side of him as he scratched the side of his head using his middle finger, nail digging on his scalp.

 

 

His frowned face became even more wrinkled, "Huh? I don't get it hyung." His mouth parted an inch, still processing the stupid thing he'd ever heard coming from him. "It will be much easier if they're just in boyfriend-girlfriend status."

 

 

How come love could grow into something worse, to something rude? Turning Jiyong to someone he don't even know that himself already changed. Becoming more egocentric just to get the person he wanted to be with for the rest of his time.

 

 

"That's hilarious! Hahaha!" Seungri croaked in laughter, finding what he said was funny but after some realization of the real thing happening on the life of Jiyong, the happiness stopped as he seriously scrutinized him. "You're too vague. You'll continue your relationship with Caherin? I thought the great Kwon Jiyong never get back with his ex? What happened?"

 

 

"And you're still confusing me hyung. You said, you'll get Dara back. But, you're now in relationship with Chae? Then you still don't want Sol hyung to know everything. What are you thinking?" His questions were a lot of hell, bundles and piles of curiosity.

 

 

Jiyong yawned, stretched his arms up and relaxed his back on the couch, feeling the leather texture of beneath his palms as Seungri's eyes still roughly studying the man beside him. "Well, she's making fun of me. So I'll play with her. I'll play my game, if that's what she wants." His legs crossed as well as his arms, arrogantly clenching his jaw, nails scratching the cotton of his grey hoodies. "And besides, it's my game after all. Dara needs to be given a lesson..."

 

 

"For being such a bad girl." The tone of his voice wasn't the typical of him, it was rather threatening. Jiyong suddenly smirked, releasing all his frustration and heartaches because of Dara by pinching the cheeks of the cute panda and making it crimson as the roar of Seungri was the left thing heard on the shop. "Yaaaah!!!"

 

 

*

 

____________

A/N: How are you guys? Hope you’re doing fine.

Anyway, hearing Cory’s death broke my heart. I’m still sad now.

Also, sorry for making you wait this long for a single update. Mianhe. T___T